• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

If we do win the league (I'm taking nothing for granted) and Dundee go on a run and finish second, if I were a Dundee fan I would be absolutely furious at events last summer. If the fact Nelms changed his vote cost my side a promotion I'd be demanding his head.

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s never over until the fat lady sings in my book. 😎

We need a fat striker 

9 hours ago, jambonian said:

As long as Neilson ditches the stupid two defensive midfielders and two wingers we have a chance. One winger is enough, one defensive midfielder is enough. That frees up two spaces for more attack-minded midfield play. Don't need 2 wingers/dm's in the Championship, not even the Premier.

...........................Gordon

.....Smith, Halkett, Popescu. Kingsley

Walker, McEneff, Haring, Mackay-Steven

..............Gnanduillet, Boyce

Any sub from Walker/Kastaneer, McEneff/Irving, Haring/Halliday, 

Naismith/either forward, Mackay-Steven/White

All barring imjuries of course.

This.  The two winger system looks very static and easy to defend against.  Play Walker at 10 and give GMS a free winger role.  It may also allow more space for our FBs to get forward and get crosses in to box.  I think Smith has been stifled a bit lately by the formation.  

28 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

This.  The two winger system looks very static and easy to defend against.  Play Walker at 10 and give GMS a free winger role.  It may also allow more space for our FBs to get forward and get crosses in to box.  I think Smith has been stifled a bit lately by the formation.  

also wouldn't say no to this line up

Kirky Jambo
11 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think we will draw 1-1 on Saturday and then beat Ayr 1-0 the following week.  That would be enough for us to stay on course to stumble across the finish line.

Almost embarrassed to admit I’d probably take that 

22 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

A number of calls for Haring in this thread. His last game was against Dundee at Dens where he was bowfin and got hauled off at half time.

Like everyone else I'd love to see him back and on form but his chances of starting on Saturday or anytime soon are somewhere between slim and nil.

Agreed he did have a bad game that day but that was the exception to his normal performances. He has trained since then and surely if ge has been on the bench he must be good enough to get a game? 

14 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Agreed he did have a bad game that day but that was the exception to his normal performances. He has trained since then and surely if ge has been on the bench he must be good enough to get a game? 

the ideal would be us putting games to bed by half time to allow players like Haring to come on and get game time under no pressure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cummings enjoys a goal against us, the centre backs are frankly average at very best, fortunately for us Dundee are also shit at the back, 3 1 predictions are probably in the right direction, however I'll go 3 2 on the basis we need to make things as awkward as possible 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

If we do win the league (I'm taking nothing for granted) and Dundee go on a run and finish second, if I were a Dundee fan I would be absolutely furious at events last summer. If the fact Nelms changed his vote cost my side a promotion I'd be demanding his head.

I'm hoping they don't make second.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I'd agree that Smith has not been the attacking threat that he can be lately and this could well be because of the system we are playing, same with Kingsley 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cummings enjoys a goal against us, the centre backs are frankly average at very best, fortunately for us Dundee are also shit at the back, 3 1 predictions are probably in the right direction, however I'll go 3 2 on the basis we need to make things as awkward as possible 

Why do I think Dundee 2-1 up with twenty minutes to go and we suddenly awake from our slumbers - sounds familiar?   Final score undetermined.

I've avoided match-day threads for fear of jinxing them. That's not gone too well lately so all I have to add is a COME ON HEARTS. SMASH 'EM.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Big game in the context of this season. Win and we're back on cruise control. Lose and all of a sudden we're in serious trouble. Looking forward to it. Robbie needs to make some serious changes from last week. Nando and Boyce as a pair up top. Walker from the start. Hopefully Smith makes it. 

9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Why do I think Dundee 2-1 up with twenty minutes to go and we suddenly awake from our slumbers - sounds familiar?   Final score undetermined.

Would be par for the course recently. 

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yep btts an absolute stick on. 

By the way I read GM piece in the een and what he had to say was very interesting.

Cant remember word for word but along lines of Haliday must have been confused by the instructions being shouted to him.

Between that and Stevo being spot on and by what gets posted here I really hope some of it filters through to Robbies ears. No need to be a master technician unless it's the uglies who will have on paper better players, just be adventurous.

Edited by Turkishcap

gordiegords
49 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

By the way I read GM piece in the een and what he had to say was very interesting.

Cant remember word for word but along lines of Haliday must have been confused by the instructions being shouted to him.

Between that and Stevo being spot on and by what gets posted here I really hope some of it filters through to Robbies ears. No need to be a master technician unless it's the uglies who will have on paper better players, just be adventurous.

Robbie doesn’t do adventurous.

10 hours ago, j1964m said:

There is a reason Cummings has not made it big in football championship is his level he’s a hero in hibs fans eyes made it at hibs in championship failed in every English club he went to back at his level again enough said

His level is currently our level. Enough said

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Found his level again? He's got 3 in 4 games, same as Craig Wighton in his first 4.

Maybe he has, but his level is currently our level. Would’ve been a good addition to the squad

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, maroon said:

Maybe he has, but his level is currently our level. Would’ve been a good addition to the squad

We’re already getting criticised  for signing players that are seen to be not good enough if we go up. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’re already getting criticised  for signing players that are seen to be not good enough if we go up. 

I think it was ok signing someone like that in the summer but not in the December window. Re Cummings, I suspect he’ll do a good job short term at Dundee and then deteriorate and sign for a league 1 side. Rinse and repeat till retirement. 

Edited by GinRummy

Byyy The Light

Gordon

Smith      Popescu     Halkett       Kingsley

Haring

McEneff                    GMS

Walker

Boyce     Gnando

Diamond.  Smith and Kingsley providing the width, Haring dropping in to cover the defensive duties.  Not sure if GMS would have the legs for it but McEneff does.

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Gordon

Haring

Walker

Boyce     Gnando

Diamond.  Smith and Kingsley providing the width, Haring dropping in to cover the defensive duties.  Not sure if GMS would have the legs for it but McEneff does.

Good team,doubt we'll see it though.

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Good team,doubt we'll see it though.

Can't see it either unfortunately but that's what I would go with and not just because Naismith is unavailable. 

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Halkett, Popescu, Irving, McEnuff, Walker, GMS, Boyce Gnando

Subs  Naismith, Henderson, Kastaneer, Haring etc

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Gordon

Haring

Walker

Boyce     Gnando

Pretty much the team i posted earlier in the thread. Only difference in my 4-4-2 is the switching of Walker and McEneff. That said, i haven't seen enough of McEneff so either way round would be fine for me.

Byyy The Light
Just now, jambonian said:

Pretty much the team i posted earlier in the thread. Only difference in my 4-4-2 is the switching of Walker and McEneff. That said, i haven't seen enough of McEneff so either way round would be fine for me.

Had them round that way because I think Walker's strongest position is 10 and McEneff has the engine to cover a lot of ground which you need in that formation.  Walker loves getting past the forwards and can finish.  Think he would link up with Boyce really well and having Gnando in there too would be a real handful.  The defence would be getting it from all angles instead of this side to side, slow, congested build up we get with 4-2-3-1.

Fxxx the SPFL

get the ball hoofed up to big Nando to knock down for Boycey all night long surely worth a try aka crazy gang approach

Surely tae **** we are due a performance to get out of this wee rut we’re in and put this bulls*** beyond doubt

Edited by JimmyCant

With the Fife derby postponed, due to covid , what a chance to pull further ahead. Points in the bag are better than games in hand. What could possibly go wrong? Don't **** up again Hearts,  please.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

get the ball hoofed up to big Nando to knock down for Boycey all night long surely worth a try aka crazy gang approach

Have to say it’s not a bad strategy with someone tall that can also jump ( see his second goal at Raith ). 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Gordon

Haring

Walker

Boyce     Gnando

Quite like this, although would be surprised to see Haring suddenly brought in for such an important game after not really featuring at all since the last Dundee game. Didn't Neilson try the diamond in the second half vs Caley? Could be a possible formation as I think we will see two up front.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Agree. Nevermind the crazy gang. It worked great with Sandy Clark and John Robertson. When other teams show no interest in playing any football against us why should we?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They should have been furious anyhow. Vote to hand their rivals a title, cancel play-offs that could have still seen them promoted last season, and bring a much better funded team into the league forcing Dundee to overspend to try to get promoted. Mental.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They should have been furious anyhow. Vote to hand their rivals a title, cancel play-offs that could have still seen them promoted last season, and bring a much better funded team into the league forcing Dundee to overspend to try to get promoted. Mental.

All very true. The fact their prospects are still affected a season later just rubs it in. Can you begin to imagine how our fans would react of Hearts were in their position and done similar. 😟

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody is getting destroyed ffs. The guy has scored two goals in the championship and as Dundee's main striker he might score another against us. He's not Ronaldo though. He's just a mixed up guy who's screwed up his career and couldn't salvage it at Shrewsbury.

My opinions are based on Hearts' consistency in playing absolute garbage football, our recent inability to score more than 1 goal, our inability to use our £9m wage bill to good use by overpowering the rest and securing the title early and handsomely, Jason Cummings scoring goals at THIS LEVEL, Jason Cummings knack of scoring goals against Hearts. 

If Hearts win by more than 1 goal and to nil then I'll be shocked more than surprised.

1 minute ago, dannymack said:

My opinions are based on Hearts' consistency in playing absolute garbage football, our recent inability to score more than 1 goal, our inability to use our £9m wage bill to good use by overpowering the rest and securing the title early and handsomely, Jason Cummings scoring goals at THIS LEVEL, Jason Cummings knack of scoring goals against Hearts. 

If Hearts win by more than 1 goal and to nil then I'll be shocked more than surprised.

Time will tell. We are in poor form but the absolute worst I can see is a draw (which would be a very poor result). More based on the fact Dundee are shit than any confidence in us at the moment. As for Cummings, great record against us but he’s not all that. Average journeyman is his career now. 

I'm betting that Dundee look like they want it more than us.

We will look OK for a few mins straight after Dundee score.

They will score with their first half decent chance and we will fluff every half decent chance we get.

I'm not predicting the score.

We need a win this werekend and hope Raith v. Dunfemline draw.

We are rubbish at home and away but now is the time to secure points.

We could win league this month if we perform!

However we never do the easy way.

3 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Raith v Dunfermline game off mate

I'm just not prepared to concede that we are rubbish and I'm sticking to my 4-0 prediction following a wholehearted, spirited, positive, attacking performance.

Robbo-Jambo
7 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Gordon

Haring

Walker

Boyce     Gnando

That should be the team. 

It won't be though. 😏 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I'm betting that Dundee look like they want it more than us.

We will look OK for a few mins straight after Dundee score.

They will score with their first half decent chance and we will fluff every half decent chance we get.

I'm not predicting the score.

Was Budges statement today pre-empting a defeat at the weekend - a kind of "I picked Robbie to be manager and I've got to stand by him no matter what the supporters think "

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That should be the team. 

It won't be though. 😏 

Yip I would be happy with that starting 11, and it won’t be.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't even look forward to watching us anymore, being honest who does on here?. 

Right now my week revolves round it but mainly because my two ‘hobbies’ of going to the football and going to the pub have been snatched away from me by the pandemic. 

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

So we're rubbish home and away but we could win the league this month? So we're not rubbish then? At least not all season.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Right now my week revolves round it but mainly because my two ‘hobbies’ of going to the football and going to the pub have been snatched away from me by the pandemic. 

If you had them would you bother as much about us?. 

Do Hearts give you the pride and passion to want to go back for more week after week?. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't even look forward to watching us anymore, being honest who does on here?. 

Big match for this season’s campaign so yes I’m looking forward to it.