***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

Apart from a win for Hearts I hope it’s a decent entertaining match! The last few matches have been sleep inducing!

I also hope that Halliday shows some pride in wearing a maroon shirt and demonstrates a desire to win with Hearts. His performances to date give me a feeling he’d rather be somewhere else!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I still say 6th place finish, lc sf and sc final isn't an automatic sacking at Hearts. 

Motivated players as I said above is dicey, lots out of contract and some know they are gone. 

We are top and performing well overall in the league, the last 3 games have been poor, but imo it's more to do with finishing than tactics or motivation. 

I thought we actually started faster in these draws than we have in many of our victories. 

Next season is the challenge, but given Robbies past record and  our expected new signings I am not worried about it, I'm looking forward to it. 

Hopefully be at a game as well. 

Sensible posts as always from the Boot. However I'm worried about where the money will be coming from to cover our new signings.

No Idle Talk

I'm working tomorrow afternoon so this will be the week Hearts slip back into top gear, play silky football and score lots of goals.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm working tomorrow afternoon so this will be the week Hearts slip back into top gear, play silky football and score lots of goals.

Can you work every Saturday,and the odd Friday evening then please.

Edited by TypoonJambo

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

😄

Maybe Kickback could start a fundraiser to encourage him.

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

You sound like my boss. 😄

The Treasurer
36 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Apart from a win for Hearts I hope it’s a decent entertaining match! The last few matches have been sleep inducing!

I also hope that Halliday shows some pride in wearing a maroon shirt and demonstrates a desire to win with Hearts. His performances to date give me a feeling he’d rather be somewhere else!

Halliday does seem more intent on picking fights than actually winning a football match 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll prepare myself for a seethe but not really caring now how its done, just so long as it's as quick as possible. 

Dunfermline postponements mean a wave of catch up for the rest, next 3 matches need to be won and we move on to next season, praying we get in and praying there is no disruption,  no excuses and a better foot forward again 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll prepare myself for a seethe but not really caring now how its done, just so long as it's as quick as possible. 

Dunfermline postponements mean a wave of catch up for the rest, next 3 matches need to be won and we move on to next season, praying we get in and praying there is no disruption,  no excuses and a better foot forward again 

My feelings as well. 

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Sensible posts as always from the Boot. However I'm worried about where the money will be coming from to cover our new signings.

I think, next season, 6th or above would be considered a decent effort. Going forward, we should be 3 or 4th every season given our support and funding. We're the 3rd biggest club in Scotland and 3/4th should be a given... in fact we should be pushing the uglies most seasons also.

However, to get there will take a wee bit of time. Someone on another thread correctly stated that, for us to get together a squad that befits the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, will take 5-6 transfer windows not 1 or 2.

Our performances haven't been great lately, they need to be better - but I think RN will guide us to the title comfortably and, for that, he should get a shot at the Premier League. So lets hope, starting tomorrow, we can push on and get a 2 or 3-0 win that gives us that bit of confidence (that I think we've been lacking lately) and we stroll it from here on in.

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

With Don Robertson in charge, we need to be extra careful with our tackling. 

He will be itching to send one of our players off or award Dundee penalty. 

Hearts to win 3-0.

Really? He's only ever sent off one Hearts player, Hickey for two stupid bookings v Aberdeen. I think that's the only penalty he's given against us as well, I don't remember any others.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s an omen. 

3EA1F41F-16DE-4689-B857-3EC8E884970A.jpeg

C'mon big man! 2 goals each for him an Boycie!... we're due someone a complete gubbing! Only right it should be these corrupt bassas!

Voice of reason
12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Really? He's only ever sent off one Hearts player, Hickey for two stupid bookings v Aberdeen. I think that's the only penalty he's given against us as well, I don't remember any others.

His performance at Dens earlier this season was so one-sided it’s hard to believe there was not an element of bias in it. People focus on the big decisions Robertson got wrong that night, like not sending off a Dundee player after 2 mins when they should have been, or awarding Dundee a penalty when their player runs into the back of Berra, but it’s all the wee insipid stuff he did that got to me just as much. Things like giving them every 50-50 decision, giving them free-kicks for virtually nothing but then allowing Dundee players to get away with stuff, slowing the play down/breaking it up at times that always seemed to suit Dundee. That stuff influences the game massively. Suddenly the ball’s in our half a lot, our players are losing the plot and Dundee players are feeling good. A one-sided ref can be a great leveller.

I am not remotely into conspiracy theories - I try to believe that refs are genuinely doing their best and it’s unconscious bias that makes them act this way. I am sure the fact that Don attended a Catholic school in the West and played for St Mirren has no bearing on his refereeing performances but sometimes you can’t help but wonder. After that game was the first time I have ever felt inclined that look up a ref’s back story. That’s how bad I thought he was on the night.

Anyway, I like to think the best of people, so hopefully he’ll be fine on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

With Don Robertson in charge, we need to be extra careful with our tackling. 

He will be itching to send one of our players off or award Dundee penalty. 

Hearts to win 3-0.

It's incredible but in all the competitions he's refereed this season, he has not sent anyone off yet.    Lots of yellows though.    This includes European and international matches.  Looking back upon several seasons he hasn't been shy with a red.    I think he got negative criticism last season from Gerrard after sending off a player.   He's been quiet since.   I just hope it's not hearts that's on the end of his come-back. 

upgotheheads

The Dunfermline/Dundee game on Tuesday is also off. At this rate Dunfermline will have so many catch-up games that they will struggle to get them in. It's up to Hearts to give them too big a hill to climb by winning the next two or three fixtures.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

The Dunfermline/Dundee game on Tuesday is also off. At this rate Dunfermline will have so many catch-up games that they will struggle to get them in. It's up to Hearts to give them too big a hill to climb by winning the next two or three fixtures.

Correct. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Halliday does seem more intent on picking fights than actually winning a football match 

That guy couldn't fight out his way of a paper bag.

All bluster, but would what shat himself if somebody stood up to him.

Another Scott Brown type, plastic hard man.

BRAVEHEART1874

I would like us starting with a 352 with kingsley and smith trying to get forward, its not been working for god knows how long with 2 wingers and them getting in each others ways. A robbie tinkering that he can change it if not working ;) 2-0 da jambos :)

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Don't forget Raith. 

For the first time this season I’ve decided to work a Saturday rather then watch the game. Something I did quite a bit last season and it never came back to bite me. Hopefully I regret it but recently it’s just not worth missing a wage for. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Fair concern, Money will be a concern for every club no doubt, but we have a good number of folk out of contract, so I think cash will be available. 

Damour is the big one that isn't out of contract. 😭

Remember, we even paid a fee for a player this season! 

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

For the first time this season I’ve decided to work a Saturday rather then watch the game. Something I did quite a bit last season and it never came back to bite me. Hopefully I regret it but recently it’s just not worth missing a wage for. 

This season, I never missed a kick-off, but...

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair concern, Money will be a concern for every club no doubt, but we have a good number of folk out of contract, so I think cash will be available. 

Damour is the big one that isn't out of contract. 😭

Remember, we even paid a fee for a player this season! 

Who did we pay a fee for? 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Gnando no...? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Gnando no...? 

Irish lad. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not Gnando, the Irish lad. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JimmyCant said:

You know his name aye ?

Aye, but can't spell it without looking it up! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I remember when he didn't send Tansey off

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s an omen. 

3EA1F41F-16DE-4689-B857-3EC8E884970A.jpeg

I thought the theme was whoever featured on the front of the programme doesn't start? There's been a fair few games where that's been the case :whistling:

grumpyespana
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I think its the Rovers that will be our nearest challengers with three games in hand.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, kila said:

I thought the theme was whoever featured on the front of the programme doesn't start? There's been a fair few games where that's been the case :whistling:

Hopefully not. 🥴

upgotheheads
31 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I think its the Rovers that will be our nearest challengers with three games in hand.

fair point, same thing though.

Edited by upgotheheads

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, chrystaf said:

:rofl:

Billy Hoyle

We just need to win no matter how we do it. Win the next two matches at home and we can start to prepare for next season. The players need to give themselves a good shake and go out there and do it from the first minute. It’s infuriating Robbie saying after every game that we failed to start the game well!!! 
I will definitely take a scrappy 1-0 tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’ll be more zombie football from Snoreson

Hope not and I don’t think so , they will press us and won’t give us time to pass sideways continuously. I really think there will be lots of chances for both teams and we have the better players imo to win this game, yes we have not been scoring well lately blah blah blah but hey that’s football, we are due a good performance , predicting 4-2 win for the JT’s

Edited by One five

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’ll be more zombie football from Snoreson

Like the last Hearts Dundee game at Tynecastle??

davemclaren
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like the last Hearts Dundee game at Tynecastle??

He was sleeping apparently. 😄