***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

Potential big weekend.   A draw in Fife derby and a win for us v Dundee would put us in a very strong position.  I have a feeling we will get a bit of form back this week.  3-1 Hearts.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

Jambof3tornado

Due a performance. Somebody has said the same for weeks.

A win lays down a massive marker.

Defeat gives everyone a leg up!!

Lets get the crosses into big gnando!

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Due a performance. Somebody has said the same for weeks.

A win lays down a massive marker.

Defeat gives everyone a leg up!!

Lets get the crosses into big gnando!

Can’t argue with that. A win finishes off any aspirations of catching us that Dundee have imo. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t argue with that. A win finishes off any aspirations of catching us that Dundee have imo. 

Tbh, Dundee could beat us 10-0, they're still not catching us. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably not but I imagine they still harbour some faint hopes. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nobody is catching us. 

Not because we are great, more like the teams in this league are pretty shocking. 

The standard of football in this league has actually surprised me, in that it is extremely poor. 

Would never even thinking about watching two teams play each other unless we were involved. 

Be glad when we see the back of this season tbh. 😏 

colinmaroon
53 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Nobody is catching us. 

Not because we are great, more like the teams in this league are pretty shocking. 

The standard of football in this league has actually surprised me, in that it is extremely poor. 

Would never even thinking about watching two teams play each other unless we were involved. 

Be glad when we see the back of this season tbh. 😏 

Have you seen the standard of the Premiership?

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

As far as I'm concerned anything other than a win v Dundee will be a disaster.

After recent results, this is at Cup Semi-Final level importance for me.

PS Who's the referee?  Beaton?

Edited by colinmaroon

heartmussel

Craig Gordon please don’t roll ball out to any defender,kick from hand into their half every opportunity.Play as much in their half as possible.

4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Potential big weekend.   A draw in Fife derby and a win for us v Dundee would put us in a very strong position.  I have a feeling we will get a bit of form back this week.  3-1 Hearts.  

Or a win for the Pars as Raith are ckoser to us with games in hand.

33 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As far as I'm concerned anything other than a win v Dundee will be a disaster.

After recent results, this is at Cup Semi-Final level importance for me.

PS Who's the referee?  Beaton?

Think it's Robbie's favourite Don Robertson.

Please Hearts just smash them.

I want us to win every match but there’s certain teams that I want us to smash and that lots one of them.

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Think it's Robbie's favourite Don Robertson.

So we will get most of the decisions then 🙄  

Billy Hoyle
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Have you seen the standard of the Premiership?

Far better than this league. Miles better in fact. 

Billy Hoyle
1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Craig Gordon please don’t roll ball out to any defender,kick from hand into their half every opportunity.Play as much in their half as possible.

I would love to see us just go direct in this one with 2 up front. We look a much bigger threat when we go direct and get players up to support the strikers. Get Walker and Gnanduillet in the team and go direct. 

Jason Cummings scoring again for dundee tonight. But people on here didn’t want him or thought he couldn’t do a job cause he’s got a bit of a personality👌👍

VikingHeart
18 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I would love to see us just go direct in this one with 2 up front. We look a much bigger threat when we go direct and get players up to support the strikers. Get Walker and Gnanduillet in the team and go direct. 

Aye BH. Those two should hopefully provide the extra offensive power that we need to get the three points.

Edited by VikingHeart
Not Scottish enough

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Please Hearts just smash them.

I want us to win every match but there’s certain teams that I want us to smash and that lots one of them.

We've forgotten how to win. 

22 minutes ago, maroon said:

Jason Cummings scoring again for dundee tonight. But people on here didn’t want him or thought he couldn’t do a job cause he’s got a bit of a personality👌👍

He couldn’t get a game for Shrewsbury. I don’t think he’s better than Boyce and jury will be out if he’s better than Gnando.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

4 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Good time to start remembering.

Dundee looking for the play offs is all the incentive they need for a win.

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

He couldn’t get a game for Shrewsbury. I don’t think he’s better than Boyce and jury will be out if he’s better than Gnando.

Agree he is not as good as Boyce but although we are not scoring as much as we need to be it’s our defence that always worries me . 

27 minutes ago, maroon said:

What people mean when they say someone has "a bit of a personality" is "is a complete and utter tosser". 

Why anyone would want an ex-Hibs ratbag like Jason ****ing Cummings at the club is beyond me entirely.  There are better players out there that haven't had the pleasure of plying their trade for those lot, aren't thick as mince, and don't have the same patter as your average teenager. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We've forgotten how to win. 

Been longer since we lost all the same 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Probably not but I imagine they still harbour some faint hopes. 

Even if they beat us, we're 12 ahead with 8 games to go and a vastly superior goal difference. Folk last season were saying we'd never make up 4 pts in 8 games and they're expecting Dundee to make up 12. Even with games in had that's the most fanciful of fanciful outcomes.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Even if they beat us, we're 12 ahead with 8 games to go and a vastly superior goal difference. Folk last season were saying we'd never make up 4 pts in 8 games and they're expecting Dundee to make up 12. Even with games in had that's the most fanciful of fanciful outcomes.

It’s never over until the fat lady sings in my book. 😎

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, maroon said:

Found his level again? He's got 3 in 4 games, same as Craig Wighton in his first 4.

Auldbenches
36 minutes ago, One five said:

It’s a massive weekend for us and I must admit I’m beginning to feel pretty nervous after the last 3 results.

the incentive is there to get in amongst them after the havoc they caused and the chance to getting a big step closer to get out this league.   Who better than to dish out a hammering to? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s never over until the fat lady sings in my book. 😎

She's not even warming up yet though! She's barely out of her scratcher.

Randy Marsh

I think we will draw 1-1 on Saturday and then beat Ayr 1-0 the following week.  That would be enough for us to stay on course to stumble across the finish line.

Auldbenches
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What people mean when they say someone has "a bit of a personality" is "is a complete and utter tosser". 

Why anyone would want an ex-Hibs ratbag like Jason ****ing Cummings at the club is beyond me entirely.  There are better players out there that haven't had the pleasure of plying their trade for those lot, aren't thick as mince, and don't have the same patter as your average teenager. 

There's another poster in here that gets credit for his poetic posts, this is up there with his best stuff.  

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

the incentive is there to get in amongst them after the havoc they caused and the chance to getting a big step closer to get out this league.   Who better than to dish out a hammering to? 

Oh so much they deserve to be hammered mate 3pts on Saturday and I’m happy if we hammer them I’m having a party on my own 🕺

We’ll beat Dundee at the weekend, we'll beat Ayr next time out.

The world famous ‘Fife derby’ on Friday will end in a draw.

There is not a snowballs that we don’t win this league.  😍😍👍

10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There's another poster in here that gets credit for his poetic posts, this is up there with his best stuff.  

Are you reading this @jonnothejambo?

😳

51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Win their two games in hand and beat us and the gap would be down to 3 points......

As long as Neilson ditches the stupid two defensive midfielders and two wingers we have a chance. One winger is enough, one defensive midfielder is enough. That frees up two spaces for more attack-minded midfield play. Don't need 2 wingers/dm's in the Championship, not even the Premier.

...........................Gordon

.....Smith, Halkett, Popescu. Kingsley

Walker, McEneff, Haring, Mackay-Steven

..............Gnanduillet, Boyce

Any sub from Walker/Kastaneer, McEneff/Irving, Haring/Halliday, 

Naismith/either forward, Mackay-Steven/White

All barring imjuries of course.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Win their two games in hand and beat us and the gap would be down to 3 points......

They are currently 15 behind. Win 2 in hand is 9, win Sat is 6 (7 if you look at the current goal difference) with 8 games after that.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think we will draw 1-1 on Saturday and then beat Ayr 1-0 the following week.  That would be enough for us to stay on course to stumble across the finish line.

That would be a bit shit, but would actually probably see us, extend our lead at the top, such is this league. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Play offs would be exciting. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

They are currently 15 behind. Win 2 in hand is 9, win Sat is 6 (7 if you look at the current goal difference) with 8 games after that.

👍

Voice of reason
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

They are currently 15 points behind, lose 2 in hand is still 15, lose Sat is 18 (19 if you look at the current goal difference) with 8 games after that. 🙂 

In this league the above is as plausible as your scenario. 

Obviously, we still have work to do but in a strong position. Nobody can see into the future but I’d rather be a glass half-full type. Beat Dundee on Saturday and they are out of it. I think our players will be very fired up for this one. I can sense a good performance. 

4 hours ago, maroon said:

There is a reason Cummings has not made it big in football championship is his level he’s a hero in hibs fans eyes made it at hibs in championship failed in every English club he went to back at his level again enough said

Jason Cummings will absolutely destroy Hearts on Saturday. 

Any gambling football fan outwith Heart of Midlothian should be looking towards building a bet for a Dundee Win, BTTS, Jason Cummings first scorer, over 8 corners, over 2/3 goals.

Screenshot_20210303-061453_bet365.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-061600_bet365.jpg

Which Hearts player could absolutely destroy Dundee on Saturday. 

Any gambling football fan that supports Heart of Midlothian should be looking towards building a bet for a Hearts Win, BTTS, Liam Boyce first scorer, over 8 corners, over 2/3 goals.

Screenshot_20210303-062048_bet365.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-062017_bet365.jpg

Nobody is getting destroyed ffs. The guy has scored two goals in the championship and as Dundee's main striker he might score another against us. He's not Ronaldo though. He's just a mixed up guy who's screwed up his career and couldn't salvage it at Shrewsbury.