***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Show me where I said we deserve to be in this league.  I never said that and I never have.  But I can take the maroon tinted specs off and accept there were 2 reasons for our demotion - one was that our fellow clubs stabbed us in the back and voted us down a league with over 20% of the season remaining (and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them) but the other was that we were “brutal” which was the post I was agreeing with and were bottom of the league after 30 games.  I mean that’s a fact and not even up  for debate.  If we’d been slightly less brutal and only 2nd bottom they wouldn’t have had the chance to vote us down, it would have been Hamilton or St Mirren (depending on what game or games we improved in - only had to win last game at St Mirren to send them down instead). 

For me, you can’t just forget the role our players and managers played in putting us in this league and just blame the SPFL, Doncaster, Dundee vote, the other clubs. It was a combination of all of these. 

Agreed. That makes total sense. 👍

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It has to be the worst 6 game unbeaten run ever.

Though what Neilson says is not necessarily untrue you would expect Hearts to have won at least 2 of these games if not blowing the other team away. 

For 70 minutes we were largely untroubled and had some decent chances at the end, but laboured is an understatement. 

No flow, no rhythm and a terrible lack of quality in the final third.

I had better hope with Neilson to be honest, but yet another grey bland Scottish manager. He is not alone, in fact he is pretty much the norm,  and that's just the problem with Scottish football, being safe.

Alas Tommy Wright showed what was possible by choking the life out of a football match. 

Attritional pish, but at this lowly level,  Neilson needs to be way braver and drop the ridiculous safety valve Halliday 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Show me where I said we deserve to be in this league.  I never said that and I never have.  But I can take the maroon tinted specs off and accept there were 2 reasons for our demotion - one was that our fellow clubs stabbed us in the back and voted us down a league with over 20% of the season remaining (and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them) but the other was that we were “brutal” which was the post I was agreeing with and were bottom of the league after 30 games.  I mean that’s a fact and not even up  for debate.  If we’d been slightly less brutal and only 2nd bottom they wouldn’t have had the chance to vote us down, it would have been Hamilton or St Mirren (depending on what game or games we improved in - only had to win last game at St Mirren to send them down instead). 

For me, you can’t just forget the role our players and managers played in putting us in this league and just blame the SPFL, Doncaster, Dundee vote, the other clubs. It was a combination of all of these. 

There was not 2 reasons for our demotion, fair enough we are Hearts we should not have been as shite as we were but it would be the same if it was St Mirren or Hamilton with a handful of points in it they shouldn’t have been relegated nobody should have. If the season wasn’t finished and the the race to beat the drop was still close then no it shouldn’t have happened. 
the only reason for us being demoted was the illegal vote. Which was corrupt in itself.

Know what I retract my hibby comment you have probably followed hearts a lot longer than me I am 30. Enjoy what’s left of your night and hopefully we are both cheering on hearts back in the premier in the future 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s still got the possibility that his loaning of Wighton to our nearest rivals can come back and bite him in the bum.  Deary me if that happens.

nowhere near good enough. He couldn’t set up a table never mind a side. 
as usual we attack in the last 10 minutes. 
awful stuff. He picked the same 11 that couldn’t beat Morton at home ffs.  Says it all right there

Wighton is a cert to score against us - bookmark it. 😏

Just now, Thomaso said:

A am going to bet it it’s a certainty, should never have been allowed to go to the club as on of our potential challengers

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Can he play v us ? 

Yes - we didn’t loan him - we gave him a free transfer.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is he not on loan? Surely we've put in a clause that he can't play against his parent club. Actually, we probably haven't.

Edited by Super_Hans
Spelling

Just now, GinRummy said:

No. It’s against the rules. 

He is a Dunfermline player - they hold his registration - he is not on loan from Hearts.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Yes - we didn’t loan him - we gave him a free transfer.

did we? Thought he signed a pre contract and he’s on loan

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Can’t blame the pitch tonight SG 

We should still win, but they aren't surfaces for zipping the ball about. 

Good players and teams work out how to play conditions though, for weeks on end, we haven't shown the nous. 

Doesn't help when you play Halliday and suck the life out. 

Some bursts of life in the game tonight but largely pedestrian and hopeful rather than aggressive and effective 

Just now, Thomaso said:

He is a Dunfermline player - they hold his registration - he is not on loan from Hearts.

How did they manage to sign him outside the transfer window then ?

4 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

Don't think he can play against parent club

Sorry you are correct

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

That was my understanding 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Logan

halkett

haring 

Kingsley 

GMS

Irving

McEneff

Walker

Boyce

Nando

Has to be the team for next game 

Defo!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Hearts under Neilson will come good. I'm willing to give him the chance anyhow. But for me every Hearts manager is simply keeping the bench warm until Robbo returns.

I don't think he will, but I hope he does. Robbo might get a cameo in the next few years, but I don't think he's the answer either. Much as I love him.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry just checked you are correct

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3 out of the next 4 at home. I’ll be very surprised if the league isn’t well and truly in the bag after those.

Agree, 3 wins and a draw from they 4 would mean the league is over as you say. 

We'd be unbeaten in 10 as well. 

However A couple of defeats and wins for Dunfermline would be depressing and make things far too interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Good players and teams work out how to play conditions though, for weeks on end, we haven't shown the nous. 

Some bursts of life in the game tonight but largely pedestrian and hopeful rather than aggressive and effective 

Really ? For all their limitations ICT played some nice quick interplay , pass & move stuff, especially at the start of the 2nd half. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gnandos looked threatening tonight towards the end, McEneff plugged away, GMS was better and Boyce is a threat. 

Gordon is obviously quality full backs are off form, rest are either at the end of the road or just shit

Oh Haring, he shit in Neilsons kettle apparently 

Francis Albert
59 minutes ago, theshed said:

Whats he saying?

He said he was fed up with people saying Hearts had by far the strongest squad in the.league and it was up to the players to show it in the performances. Or words to that effect.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The pitches are no better in the Premier League - look at ER and Motherwell.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If he does, automatic 3-0 win is in the post for us. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

😂

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He said he was fed up with people saying Hearts had by far the strongest squad in the.league and it was up to the players to show it in the performances. Or words to that effect.

He was p***d off

Edited by One five

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Craig Gordon that is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Really ? For all their limitations ICT played some nice quick interplay , pass & move stuff, especially at the start of the 2nd half. 

Nah. They were pish. Goal was basically a punt forward any other chances came from set play. 

It's a double whammy from what you will watch in England. Good players on firm surfaces shit players on soft pitches sanded and uneven and slow. 

As I keep saying, good teams and find a way. Not defending them at all 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The pitches are no better in the Premier League - look at ER and Motherwell.

You are absolutely right. That's a shit League as well. At least the Mrs is sneaking off to different rooms to watch her Sheep now. Just as brutal 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It has to be the worst 6 game unbeaten run ever.

Though what Neilson says is not necessarily untrue you would expect Hearts to have won at least 2 of these games if not blowing the other team away. 

For 70 minutes we were largely untroubled and had some decent chances at the end, but laboured is an understatement. 

No flow, no rhythm and a terrible lack of quality in the final third.

I had better hope with Neilson to be honest, but yet another grey bland Scottish manager. He is not alone, in fact he is pretty much the norm,  and that's just the problem with Scottish football, being safe.

Alas Tommy Wright showed what was possible by choking the life out of a football match. 

Attritional pish, but at this lowly level,  Neilson needs to be way braver and drop the ridiculous safety valve Halliday 

We need to be more direct. 

Mre crosses. 

More second balls 

More shots. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, James1874f said:

There was not 2 reasons for our demotion, fair enough we are Hearts we should not have been as shite as we were but it would be the same if it was St Mirren or Hamilton with a handful of points in it they shouldn’t have been relegated nobody should have. If the season wasn’t finished and the the race to beat the drop was still close then no it shouldn’t have happened. 
the only reason for us being demoted was the illegal vote. Which was corrupt in itself.

Know what I retract my hibby comment you have probably followed hearts a lot longer than me I am 30. Enjoy what’s left of your night and hopefully we are both cheering on hearts back in the premier in the future 

I agree with most of that to be fair, definitely wrong to demote any clubs but doesn’t get away from the fact our players and managers should be hanging their heads in shame for their contribution or lack of it (and their performances gave the other clubs the opportunity to do that to us, although I still think the same thing would have happened and Hamilton or whoever would have gone down, would’ve still been wrong though).

And yes I have - I’m 53! I’ll retract my pr1ck comment then, we both overreacted.  I can you assure you that I’ve been called many things but nobody that knows me has ever called me a Hibby!

Enjoy the rest of your night. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Got to love your positivity and a acceptance Tosh. 

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Don’t blame him some of the players are a disgrace to wear the jersey.

Totally agree.

Will now be hounded out by TJ & SMB for betraying Neilson. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to love your positivity and a acceptance Tosh. 

Slow start again tonight and walker not playing, not good. 

Still not testing the other teams keeper enough either. 

I went for 2-2 before ko, so not surprised at the draw. 

Really need to win at least 3 of the next 4 tho, more draws or defeats will give the likes of Dunfermline confidence. 

My reply was because Wighton can't play against us, if he plays we'll be awarded the points! 

Edited by Smith's right boot