***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It must be hard to be tea total watching Hearts on TV.

Normally you would say have a few cans/bottles watching the game, now you have to have 3or4 before the games starts!

My wife thinks I’m turning into an alcoholic 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Pretty awful tonight. The first half (until we scored) was pathetic. Second to every ball, zero movement, and made to look very ordinary... again. Their goal sparked us into action (beginning to be a bit of a theme), but not nearly good enough. 
Every week it’s the same players that get pass marks and the same players that don’t show up but get picked regardless. But IMO the one stand out thing that’s not working is the system. ICTFC were at home and started with 3 up front... and looked dangerous.  We always start with 1, home and away. In the Championship. 
Again IMO this system congests  the midfield - more often than not, our wingers come inside which leads to about 10 players all falling over each other. 

Surley it’s time to change Halliday, I know he’s there to do the ugly job - breaking up play... but he’s just poor. Gets booked and always gives away procession... unfortunately Naismith is not much better. A forward that spends most of his time in his own half. 
It’s just boring, predictable and, obviously, easy to play against. Not good enough and, although we’re unbeaten in 6, these 6 have been largely similar. 
I do believe (give or take a couple of players) we have a decent squad but they either can’t play this system or don’t want to play this system... it’s not working and at the end of every game, it’s like musical chairs and half the team have changed positions. 
Just poor. We started the season well but we’ve been found out... as someone else said earlier, the last 3 games we’ve had to come from behind and 2 of those games had ‘caretaker managers’ running the opposition. 
Come on RN waken up!

Eloquently put and well argued. Cannot disagree with any of this

Just now, One five said:

My wife thinks I’m turning into an alcoholic 🤷‍♂️

My lad refuses to watch now and went for a 20 mile bike ride tonight. He got home , opened the lounge door, took one look at me and said "FFS , I'm going to bed". 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She went for her Covid jab today and I knew she'd be feeling shit tonight (she is and bailed out hours ago) so I'm having my own private sesh. 😅

I’ve just tanned in 6 large magners🙄

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My lad refuses to watch now and went for a 20 mile bike ride tonight. He got home , opened the lounge door, took one look at me and said "FFS , I'm going to bed". 🤷‍♂️

Friday night drinking, it’s becoming a habit 😎

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

You know as well as I do we have had great managers in the past, and not so long ago 

too.

This was supposed to be the new dawn - debt free, on a sound financial footing - the springboard is there for us.

We haven’t yet reached that potential and never will with people like Neilson at the helm. (IMO) No other choice but to back him, but at the same time, is a safe pair of hands really what we need or should be striving for 

Given we are toiling playing against sub standard teams that we should be dishing out a few hammerings too, and at the same time discussing having a “safe” pair of hands in place when we are in the middle of the championship season 

For this season we needed a safe pair of hands more than anytime in our history probably. I obviously have lower expectations but this season I expected us to dish out hammerings, get beat and draw games and play poorly for periods but still win the league comfortably. So pretty much meeting my expectations apart from the two SC games which were above expectations. Performances wise, football without crowds is shit no matter how we're playing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For this season we needed a safe pair of hands more than anytime in our history probably. I obviously have lower expectations but this season I expected us to dish out hammerings, get beat and draw games and play poorly for periods but still win the league comfortably. So pretty much meeting my expectations apart from the two SC games which were above expectations.

This. Agree with the safe pair of hands but glad we gained a league as if they win games in hand they could be close 

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😂

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For this season we needed a safe pair of hands more than anytime in our history probably. I obviously have lower expectations but this season I expected us to dish out hammerings, get beat and draw games and play poorly for periods but still win the league comfortably. So pretty much meeting my expectations apart from the two SC games which were above expectations.

Why would we need a safe pair of hands in this league ? 

Or are you saying that we keep RN until we go up, then get rid ?

If you are not saying that then you are thinking that when we get back up, and stabilise, without doing anything special, then it’s job done ?

Not trying to be smart with you but this is said in relation to what you are saying 

37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t think that they have improved a single player this year in a weak league. In fact I would argue they have likely managed the opposite with every player (Craig Gordon aside).  Pretty much what Levein managed to do.

what on Earth is happening with Haring ? Why even have him on the bench as they clearly either don’t rate / trust him or he is not fit.

It’s a complete mess and I think Robbie knows it as his post match comments are now just embarrassing  

I never like to be negative against our managers but I have to agree with you. I don't think Robbie has the balls to tell Naismith to shut up and do his job. He isn't employed to be a coach he is there to play football. I love Smith but he has dropped his standards and needs his arse kicked. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂

If I wasn't fat and unfit I would join him. Some of this stuff is worse than last season and we are playing in a lower league with a squad on decent wages. 

21 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ve just tanned in 6 large magners🙄

Vaguely alcoholic sweetened apple juice and you’ve ‘tanned’ it. I assume your a girl aye ? you’ll hate yourself in the morning darlin 👩‍🎤

Edited by JimmyCant

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Why would we need a safe pair of hands in this league ? 

Or are you saying that we keep RN until we go up, then get rid ?

If you are not saying that then you are thinking that when we get back up, and stabilise, without doing anything special, then it’s job done ?

Not trying to be smart with you but this is said in relation to what you are saying 

Oh I dunno, pandemic, no fans levelling the field a bit, 27 game league, the importance of starting to win again immediately...

I rate Neilson as a manager based on how he did with us before. I would have thought that was obvious. So I obviously think he can do a good job next season. As for doing something special, what do you mean exactly? He very nearly did against Celtic in the cup. I'd expect him to have us challenging Aberdeen, Hibs, whoever for 3rd spot and think he would have as good a chance of doing that as all of the other names I've heard bandied about. It's only a matter of time before we hear Davidson or Martindale being touted especially when one wins the LC, as the two latest flavours of the month.

Steven Gerrard has taken 3 seasons to build a team that can meet Rangers fans expectations. We should give Neilson the chance to build his own team this time as a more experienced manager than he was last time with us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Wighton is a cert to score against us - bookmark it. 😏

Rubbish.

Source - DAFC Website. Craig Wighton only on "loan" until the end of the season.

Sorry to disappoint you, still you will live in hope that Jason scores next Saturday!

I didn't think we played that bad tonight. The first twenty minutes were dreadful but after that I thought we did ok. It was certainly a much better performance than what we saw away to Ayr and Queen of the South. 

We got a lot of crosses into the box tonight which was good. And we created more than enough chances to win the match. So there were positives there. 

There were negatives too, of course. The starting eleven was a mystery to me(Kastaneer and Naismith ahead of Walker again - really?) and I am tiring of the 4-2-3-1. I just don't think that formation is getting the best out of the attacking players we have. I'm also not really a fan of this rotating the '3' throughout the match. Gary Mackay-Steven was just beginning to cause problems down the left wing tonight and Robbie Neilson goes and switches him into the 10 position not long after. WHY? Leave him where he was. He had the right back on a yellow card and the boy may well have got himself sent off if we had allowed GMS to keep running at him.

Overall, it's another point gained and another away game at one of the league's tougher away venues out the way. Three draws in a row in this league is not good enough though, any way you slice it. The manager needs to have a serious think about the formation he is playing and the players need to be more clinical in front of goal. 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mediocre pish. We are Arbroarh in disguise!!!

Sick of slagging my team!

I’m playing golf tomorrow morning with another jambo, all we will talk about is slag our own players from tonight’s game , mind you it’s becoming the norm🙄

Edited by One five

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Vaguely alcoholic sweetened apple juice and you’ve ‘tanned’ it. I assume your a girl aye ? you’ll hate yourself in the morning darlin 👩‍🎤

Ha , I’ll drink anything I tanned in all my belhaven best last week...

any port in a storm 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I never like to be negative against our managers but I have to agree with you. I don't think Robbie has the balls to tell Naismith to shut up and do his job. He isn't employed to be a coach he is there to play football. I love Smith but he has dropped his standards and needs his arse kicked. 

Pretty much. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh I dunno, pandemic, no fans levelling the field a bit, 27 game league, the importance of starting to win again immediately...

I rate Neilson as a manager based on how he did with us before. I would have thought that was obvious. So I obviously think he can do a good job next season. As for doing something special, what do you mean exactly? He very nearly did against Celtic in the cup. I'd expect him to have us challenging Aberdeen, Hibs, whoever for 3rd spot and think he would have as good a chance of doing that as all of the other names I've heard bandied about. It's only a matter of time before we hear Davidson or Martindale being touted especially when one wins the LC, as the two latest flavours of the month.

Steven Gerrard has taken 3 seasons to build a team that can meet Rangers fans expectations. We should give Neilson the chance to build his own team this time as a more experienced manager than he was last time with us.

Steven Gerrard did, but as Steven Gerrard won countless European and top honours in the game, it is no surprise to see what has happened there in terms of his management team to date 

Surprised that you rely on it happening “2nd time around” with Robbie, and with us, when Stendel won the League with Barnsley but you deemed him to be a failure. That doesn’t stack up either

I don’t know what you are watching at the moment but if you see the signs that this guy is a guy who is playing an exciting brand of football that will get us back to challenging for 3rd next year then I must be watching something else - that’s all I can say - 

Pedestrian, boring and lack of an entertaining brand of football is why to date we have had 7 shite results against so called lesser clubs in the Diddy Championship, where you could argue that they have competed with us on the pitch, rather than being lucky to win on the day 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm of the opinion that Neilson is a safe pair of hands at a time when that's what we need. I think he also showed enough in his previous time with us to suggest he can have us competing better than Levein latterly did. I'm sure there are better managers out there but it's impossible to predict who will do well. Tommy Wright is now shit it seems. Stephen Robinson isn't even working. Aberdeen fans hate McInnes. Every Hibbee I know thinks Ross has been lucky and is pissed off they haven't got closer to a terrible Celtic and missed a great chance to win a cup. Motherwell are going backwards with Killie. The only fans you could say are genuinely happy this season are Rangers, Livvy and St Mirren (annoyingly).

Even in our league, Dundee are atrocious and Dunfermline and Raith are as inconsistent as we are, expect they lose more often. I would not confidently state any manager currently working in Scotland right now would do a better job. I'm sure many would but it's totally impossible to predict which is why we're better off getting behind Neilson IMO.

Good post TJ.

Stevie G earning his corn, the rest.......meh!

Jeffros Furios
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

:sheen:

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Steven Gerrard did, but as Steven Gerrard won countless European and top honours in the game, it is no surprise to see what has happened there in terms of his management team to date 

Surprised that you rely on it happening “2nd time around” with Robbie, and with us, when Stendel won the League with Barnsley but you deemed him to be a failure. That doesn’t stack up either

I don’t know what you are watching at the moment but if you see the signs that this guy is a guy who is playing an exciting brand of football that will get us back to challenging for 3rd next year then I must be watching something else - that’s all I can say - 

Pedestrian, boring and lack of an entertaining brand of football is why to date we have had 7 shite results against so called lesser clubs in the Diddy Championship, where you could argue that they have competed with us on the pitch, rather than being lucky to win on the day 

I deemed Stendel a failure AFTER he managed us.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

:sheen:

Indeed you are

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No danger has Neilson just been compared to Steven Gerrard 😂😂😂😂😂.

If you have the brain of a toddler I can see how you'd draw that conclusion. 

Enjoyed the game, should have got a deserved winner late on which would have been the icing on the cake but it wasn't to be. 

Feeling a bit sorry for the players, they don't look like their enjoying the game at the moment, completely understandable of course as none of us are particularly enjoying life currently. Put a shift in and I for one appreciate it. 

On to the next game we go.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Enjoyed the game, should have got a deserved winner late on which would have been the icing on the cake but it wasn't to be. 

Feeling a bit sorry for the players, they don't look like their enjoying the game at the moment, completely understandable of course as none of us are particularly enjoying life currently. Put a shift in and I for one appreciate it. 

On to the next game we go.

GMS in particular looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than playing football in Scotland in winter 🤣 McEneff and Gnanduillet seem up for it though. I think everyone just wants this year over with and to get back to normal. Don't see how we expect footballers to be unaffected by everything going on.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

GMS in particular looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than playing football in Scotland in winter 🤣 McEneff and Gnanduillet seem up for it though. I think everyone just wants this year over with and to get back to normal. Don't see how we expect footballers to be unaffected by everything going on.

Fair point it’s been a horrendous year mental health effects us all in different ways .

Central Belt 1874
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This post is absolutely frightening.

If this is the chat in the boardroom at Tynecastle just now I fear for the next 5 years.

Edited by Central Belt 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Central Belt 1874 said:

This post is absolutely frightening.

If this is the chat in the boardroom at Tynecastle just now I feer for the next 5 years.

What specifically?

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair point tbh but same for all

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No danger has Neilson just been compared to Steven Gerrard 😂😂😂😂😂.

Read the poster's second paragraph that I replied to.

And where did I compare Steven Gerrard to Robbie Neilson?

Sums up your posts on this thread since I looked at it after the game!!

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Agree. Gerrard was a complete rookie,  RN knows this league inside out, and the club.     If we had the keepers from last season we’d be completely in the sh!t.......in the championship FFS.   What we are seeing is unacceptable,  no clear game plan,   keep picking the same players whilst some others waste away on the bench,  if you can’t develop young players in this league what chance have they got, and above all simply no desire being shown resulting in losing individual battles and slow, lethargic football.   Getting pretty fed up tbh. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I deemed Stendel a failure AFTER he managed us.

😀 Yup. I personally think if RN inherited the same circumstances as DS did, he would have drowned.

I’ll give u a cast iron guarantee that if you were to persevere with the 2 afore mentioned managers, for a couple of years,  the one who wouldn’t be playing the edge of your seats attacking style of play, putting teams to the sword, wouldn’t be Robbie Neilson 

Not to worry - with Stendel gone, we are now back in safe hands. 

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Read the poster's second paragraph that I replied to.

And where did I compare Steven Gerrard to Robbie Neilson?

Sums up your posts on this thread since I looked at it after the game!!

What that he is talking utter rubbish and is saying Robbie needs three years, to turn hearts into a force. 

Because that's how i see the post by him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Fair point tbh but same for all

Other teams are raising their game against us on a one-off basis. Playing vs us is enough to get more out of them just like playing against Hibs and Celtic did with us. The rest of the time they're also mostly shite. The other teams in Scotland, Rangers and Livvy aside, are all inconsistent, losing games they should win, etc, etc. It's not a year to judge anyone in any job IMO, apart from the politicians as they finally have to earn their money for a sustained period.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

😀 Yup. I personally think if RN inherited the same circumstances as DS did, he would have drowned.

I’ll give u a cast iron guarantee that if you were to persevere with the 2 afore mentioned managers, for a couple of years,  the one who wouldn’t be playing the edge of your seats attacking style of play, putting teams to the sword, wouldn’t be Robbie Neilson 

Would be Robbie Neilson - I’ll correct that before someone else does 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

What that he is talking utter rubbish and is saying Robbie needs three years, to turn hearts into a force. 

Alex MacDonald took 3.5 - actually getting towards 4 if you consider the start to 85/86.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Alex MacDonald took 3.5 - actually getting towards 4 if you consider the start to 85/86.

Lucky AB wasn’t in charge back then. AM would have been gone!

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Noticed it in a lot of matches when the tempo drops the players just have no appetite to get going with no crowd in. Its quite a well known fact that professional sportsman have an ego that needs a massage here and there to get the best out of them, its just not going to happen in these circumstances. You also see players coming off the bench now making a real difference when in the past you've seen little impact. 

Our best options now look good from the bench, they don't need to get up to speed in games as is the norm, that tells it's own story in itself. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

With Washington, Naismith, Souttar, Walker etc back, plus signing Boyce, as Stendel did. I do think Neilson would have kept us up but it's a bit of a pointless discussion as Stendel was the man in charge and he failed dismally. Christ Levein would have kept us up with all those players back plus Boyce who was a player he wanted!

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No, he mentioned that he did not see any manager in Scotland doing a better job.

SG at The Rangers is so, so, so (add as many as you like) far ahead of the rest in Scotland this season as shown by his team strolling to the title & his continued "success" in European ties.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Noticed it in a lot of matches when the tempo drops the players just have no appetite to get going with no crowd in. Its quite a well known fact that professional sportsman have an ego that needs a massage here and there to get the best out of them, its just not going to happen in these circumstances. You also see players coming off the bench now making a real difference when in the past you've seen little impact. 

Our best options now look good from the bench, they don't need to get up to speed in games as is the norm, that tells it's own story in itself. 

It's genuinely amazing that after decades of watching football and people going on and on about how important home advantage is and a big support, that apparently having no fans doesn't influence performances. Do people genuinely think home advantage refers to the pitch and not the crowd?

Edited by ToqueJambo