***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

At least its not a Friday night, and Dundee have 2 games between now and then.

Caley had one in midweek this week.

Hopefully we get our own pitch in order for next week, should not be held as an excuse for not winning, but some of these pitches really are shit. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Naw wur skooshin this league, yer a pantwetter, etc, etc

The game next Saturday is massive if the teams closest to us win tomorrow. We could easily be caught if one of the 3 puts a few wind together. 
Having said that 6 points from next 2 matches (both at home should be enough to win it). Just can’t see where the wind are coming from. We are so poor in every area of the park. 

21 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

That wee smug Sutherland just came out with a beauty. "We have to remain impartial" Him and Crichton ignore the foul prior to the Inverness goal, and are desperately trying to call Boyce's goal as offside. They are obviously willing Hearts to come unstuck. We were still ponderous and will have to improve markedly to get this league sorted.

We're doing that on our own. 

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Take away the "we're disappointed" part and that interview could have been scripted by the 2 JKB apologists.

Naw they would be far more glowing! 🙄

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

🙈

C14DD5AC-17ED-47B0-A95B-0CE981E9DA7A.jpeg

And that's our manager the reason why hearts will win nothing and will never close the gap on the old firm...no wonder people stop going to football games and walk away CLUBS A JOKE RUN BY CLOWNS.... I'm done and will not be back as long as he's the manager and she is still at club..

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More likely because he's got a 3 year contract and will - and should -  be given time to build his team.

Is that the same for every manager we employ or just the select ones that are well known to us 

9 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Robbie called that absolutely right in his interview. This isn't the pish-easy league that so many on here make out, the teams in it aren't awful and will certainly fight all the way to make it difficult for us. Ok, we're a long way from being a really good side, but that's going to take time and effort. The biggest problem so many on here have is their expectation that we should be blowing away all these teams. 

well what I heard was how limited his ambition is and that he is happy to carry passengers and not demand they give 100%

second time in a week that we have scrapped a draw against a team with a stand in manager. It's shit, just because the other teams are too doesn't make it ok. 

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

The game next Saturday is massive if the teams closest to us win tomorrow. We could easily be caught if one of the 3 puts a few wind together. 
Having said that 6 points from next 2 matches (both at home should be enough to win it). Just can’t see where the wind are coming from. We are so poor in every area of the park. 

2 points from next 2 games. 

1 minute ago, Cut The Crap said:

Comical that folk still find a way to defend this pish. 😀

The same edgits defended Cathro, Levein.........

15 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

If we manage to win the title we better not celebrate like it’s an accomplishment,  we should just tell them to send the silverware in the post 

Great post

We shouldn’t be in the league to start with.

the players we have can’t just turn up and we may have a better squad on paper but games are won on the park 

10 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Robbie called that absolutely right in his interview. This isn't the pish-easy league that so many on here make out, the teams in it aren't awful and will certainly fight all the way to make it difficult for us. Ok, we're a long way from being a really good side, but that's going to take time and effort. The biggest problem so many on here have is their expectation that we should be blowing away all these teams. 

He's an experienced manager in this league. He has international and experienced players at his disposal... QOTS,Alloa Ayr etc don't...his argument is simplistic beyond belief. Nothing to see here etc etc time to move on, sweep, sweep, embarrassed for him, but he won't be

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More likely because he's got a 3 year contract and will - and should -  be given time to build his team.

We've been getting fed the 'building a team' line since Robbie jacked us in the last time.

It's not his fault, but it's not our fault for being sick to the back teeth of hearing it either.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They'll stumble over the finishing line if they have to but they'll get the job done.

But this team in the Prem ?   Terrifying. 

Luckily this team won't be playing in the Prem. Gordon, McEneff, Irving if he stays, Haring maybe - not sure what's up there, Walker, Boyce, Gnando, GMS, Ginnelly if he gets fit, Souttar, Smith and Kingsley will likely be around. We'll have a new central defence, new RB if only as back-up, new DM, new LB if only as back-up, new winger and probably two new strikers. I'm not expecting much from this weird non-season other than winning it. My big disappointment is we haven't involved youngsters this year. I'd have liked to see Smith, Cochrane and a young defender used, but we're not even seeing youngsters on the bench. Is it a testing thing maybe? No idea if the young players are even playing and training these days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

south morocco
1 minute ago, The Merse said:

And to think some on here blamed our spiral of decline on Robbie’s exit last time round.

Neilson is an absolute imposter and needs chased out of the club.

Losing interest in watching this shit show now.

Can you imagine him if we get promoted. Can’t see him lasting long with his boring defensive tactics 

25 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

One thing I would say. The standard of refereeing in Scotland are the poorest I have ever seen. 

Almost as poor as your grammar. You could add an 's' to 'standard', or substitute 'is' for 'are'. Take your pick.

Toxteth O'Grady
25 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Hahahaha and there you have it ! We don’t have the right to win football matches according to Robbie the bore

With that attitude he has to go 

15 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Dundee are NOT a good side who ship goals for fun with a crap Manager.

Bookmark that for next Saturday at Tynecastle

If we are bookmarking things, you can bookmark a Cummimgs goal 

10 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Robbie called that absolutely right in his interview. This isn't the pish-easy league that so many on here make out, the teams in it aren't awful and will certainly fight all the way to make it difficult for us. Ok, we're a long way from being a really good side, but that's going to take time and effort. The biggest problem so many on here have is their expectation that we should be blowing 

It's a terrible excuse and one he didn't make the last time we pissed the championship with Romanovs academy players. Several years later, and with Levens academy project complete, suddenly the league is tough despite having a team of over paid imposters and no academy players

south morocco
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Luckily this team won't be playing in the Prem. Gordon, McEneff, Irving if he stays, Haring maybe - not sure what's up there, Walker, Boyce, Gnando, GMS, Ginnelly if he gets fit, Souttar, Smith and Kingsley will likely be around. We'll have a new central defence, new RB if only as back-up, new DM, new LB if only as back-up, new winger and probably two new strikers. I'm not expecting much from this weird non-season other than winning it. My big disappointment is we haven't involved youngsters this year. I'd have liked to see Smith, Cochrane and a young defender used, not even on the bench.

Good points re younger players, there are none involved. Perhaps that’s a club decision purely with the aim to get us back up, it’s a possibility 

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Almost as poor as your grammar. You could add an 's' to 'standard', or substitute 'is' for 'are'. Take your pick.

😂😂😂😂

what a ✊🏻✊🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, south morocco said:

Good points re younger players, there are none involved. Perhaps that’s a club decision purely with the aim to get us back up, it’s a possibility 

I was wondering if it's a covid thing as well. Are we even playing U20, reserve games or whatever?

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

It wasn’t about being negative about tonight, we were pish as usual tonight.

it was about our demotion last season and a comment you made on that.

we were pish last season we were bottom for a reason but the season wasn’t finished and we still had a decent chance to get out of it ( would we have? Up for debate maybe yes maybe not) any person that says we deserve to be in this league is not a hearts fan in my eyes

Show me where I said we deserve to be in this league.  I never said that and I never have.  But I can take the maroon tinted specs off and accept there were 2 reasons for our demotion - one was that our fellow clubs stabbed us in the back and voted us down a league with over 20% of the season remaining (and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them) but the other was that we were “brutal” which was the post I was agreeing with and were bottom of the league after 30 games.  I mean that’s a fact and not even up  for debate.  If we’d been slightly less brutal and only 2nd bottom they wouldn’t have had the chance to vote us down, it would have been Hamilton or St Mirren (depending on what game or games we improved in - only had to win last game at St Mirren to send them down instead). 

For me, you can’t just forget the role our players and managers played in putting us in this league and just blame the SPFL, Doncaster, Dundee vote, the other clubs. It was a combination of all of these. 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Is that the same for every manager we employ or just the select ones that are well known to us 

Robbie wan the scottish and Levein was the best defender ever at the club, how dare you 😡

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Luckily this team won't be playing in the Prem. Gordon, McEneff, Irving if he stays, Haring maybe - not sure what's up there, Walker, Boyce, Gnando, GMS, Ginnelly if he gets fit, Souttar, Smith and Kingsley will likely be around. We'll have a new central defence, new RB if only as back-up, new DM, new LB if only as back-up, new winger and probably two new strikers. I'm not expecting much from this weird non-season other than winning it. My big disappointment is we haven't involved youngsters this year. I'd have liked to see Smith, Cochrane and a young defender used, but we're not even seeing youngsters on the bench. Is it a testing thing maybe? No idea if the young players are even playing and training these days.

Rip it all up and start again. What utter wasters our club has become. 

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

well what I heard was how limited his ambition is and that he is happy to carry passengers and not demand they give 100%

second time in a week that we have scrapped a draw against a team with a stand in manager. It's shit, just because the other teams are too doesn't make it ok. 

The players have got his number.

He knows it.

We know it.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Helmet material!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've been getting fed the 'building a team' line since Robbie jacked us in the last time.

It's not his fault, but it's not our fault for being sick to the back teeth of hearing it either.

Yes, not sure how changing the manager again is a solution for that though. 

8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Love the 12 points clear comment :lol: doesn’t matter that teams behind us have two or three games in hand.  

Teams? What teams??

46656104-74F5-42D9-BD57-F86925078210.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My big disappointment is we haven't involved youngsters this year. I'd have liked to see Smith, Cochrane and a young defender used, not even on the bench.

I don't think that Neilson trusts his own ability enough to play youngsters at this point in time. 

Well I'm just a normal supporter, never played to anything like a decent level, any football knowledge I might have gleamed over the years on the terraces or on tv, still leaves me as a rank amateur, but for Christs sake how can the professional football men who are in charge of training and motivating this team put up with this abysmal performance week after week, this pass backwards tippy tappy crap , I can't believe its not an instinct for players to want to play a forward pass, they are obviously being told this is the way to play, it is bloody awful , the young Irish lad, first couple of games looked up passed forward, tonight even he was starting to pass backwards, on top of the crap football is crap team selection why Naismith instead of Walker, if they are trying to punish a lad by giving him 10 minutes every game somebody should be mentioning that its the fans they are punishing, I'm starting to fear for the club, this has been years of dross just made slightly livable by cup runs, fundamentally we are going nowhere but downhill, time those running the club woke up and smelt the coffee.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Same for every manager who's not completely ****ing things up, which he's not if you look at the season as a whole. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Caley had one in midweek this week.

Hopefully we get our own pitch in order for next week, should not be held as an excuse for not winning, but some of these pitches really are shit. 

Can’t blame the pitch tonight SG 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, not sure how changing the manager again is a solution for that though. 

Picking the right manager would be the way to go. That's not Neilson's fault either.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Rip it all up and start again. What utter wasters our club has become. 

Typically every club with the means to do it significantly changes their squad after a promotion. 

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If we are bookmarking things, you can bookmark a Cummimgs goal 

That’s a certainty 😏

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie wan the scottish and Levein was the best defender ever at the club, how dare you 😡

I kept hearing “get Stendel out” can’t win a game against bottom 6 sides. Shite like St Mirren, St Johnstone etc 

AB then moved heaven and earth to bring in the new messiah to safeguard our future as we are on the slippery slope 

the messiah arrives - results pick up a division down - only this time it’s acceptable to fail against better sides than St Johnstone and at Mirren

sides like Alloa, Dundee, Dunfermline, raith, QOS, Morton and ICT 

In Robbie we trust right enough 

4 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

Well I'm just a normal supporter, never played to anything like a decent level, any football knowledge I might have gleamed over the years on the terraces or on tv, still leaves me as a rank amateur, but for Christs sake how can the professional football men who are in charge of training and motivating this team put up with this abysmal performance week after week, this pass backwards tippy tappy crap , I can't believe its not an instinct for players to want to play a forward pass, they are obviously being told this is the way to play, it is bloody awful , the young Irish lad, first couple of games looked up passed forward, tonight even he was starting to pass backwards, on top of the crap football is crap team selection why Naismith instead of Walker, if they are trying to punish a lad by giving him 10 minutes every game somebody should be mentioning that its the fans they are punishing, I'm starting to fear for the club, this has been years of dross just made slightly livable by cup runs, fundamentally we are going nowhere but downhill, time those running the club woke up and smelt the coffee.

Great post.  Although we can now kiss goodbye to any cup runs now we have neilson. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Picking the right manager would be the way to go. That's not Neilson's fault either.

I think Hearts under Neilson will come good. I'm willing to give him the chance anyhow. But for me every Hearts manager is simply keeping the bench warm until Robbo returns.

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

I kept hearing “get Stendel out” can’t win a game against bottom 6 sides. Shite like St Mirren, St Johnstone etc 

AB then moved heaven and earth to bring in the new messiah to safeguard our future as we are on the slippery slope 

the messiah arrives - results pick up a division down - only this time it’s acceptable to fail against better sides than St Johnstone and at Mirren

sides like Alloa, Dundee, Dunfermline, raith, QOS, Morton and ICT 

In Robbie we trust right enough 

Bongo changing sides mate 🤔

He’s still got the possibility that his loaning of Wighton to our nearest rivals can come back and bite him in the bum.  Deary me if that happens.

nowhere near good enough. He couldn’t set up a table never mind a side. 
as usual we attack in the last 10 minutes. 
awful stuff. He picked the same 11 that couldn’t beat Morton at home ffs.  Says it all right there

What's to defend anymore. Hearts are exactly where they should be based on the state of play. 

You can only beat who is in front of you. Right now hearts are playing like a top end championship team. 

No drive, passion, desire, grit. 2nd to every ball. Passing is shocking. For all the international caps on the park. I didn't see one person take the game by the scruff of the neck and take control. 

One run by GMS isn't gonna cut it. 

I'm sick of saying it but there is an mentality at this club that isn't what heart of midlothian football club was built on. 

It comes from the very top and it stinks