If not Neilson who?

Leveins Battalion

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Doing that not read the thread thing so this no doubt been covered, but my tuppence-worth...

We should have kept Daniel.  Why bring the guy in to a complete shitshow, give him the authority to (rightly) tear the squad and culture apart and then make no real effort to keep him.  2 things here: I know his results weren't great, but I think it's probably underappreciated how dire things were when he took over; we're not privvy to the chat - maybe he didn't want to stay.

His style of play, his no-nonsense approach is what we needed imo.  Some excitement.  Another facet to that is that he freely admitted he prefers working under a DOF or SD.  He didn't get that chance.  So, knowing we were bringing one in, could he not have been given that chance?  Savage finding players for Dan to put in his system... yeah, I'd take that.

BUUUUUUT we have Robbie.  I'm a get behind the boys kinda guy, really.  So where I'm at is left watching us trudging along but just hoping that it is what it is for now - lockdown, restrictions, life's hard, we're doing what we need to and not much more.

Then next season, we actually see what Robbie is about and he puts together a more cohesive machine.

The worrying signs, and I've said it on other threads, are very much his instinct of caution.  What does Halliday bring to us other than being kinda steady?  Why are our fullbacks not helping our wingers out at all?  Why aren't we either playing 2 up top or getting people in beside Boycie?  Where is the drive?

The last 10 mins on Saturday all around the halfway line:

CM to CB to RB to CM to CB to RB.... pass to feet of forward or winger with 12 men on him, lose the ball - cleard to our CB.... who passes to CM to CB to RB to CB to CM to RB.  

All the while Nandos is in the box with Boyce around him. Either get that bloody ball, drive it in to their feet and follow it up, or hang it up to Nando, feed of his scraps.  Naismith was hugging the bloody touchline!!  Actually try to make things happen. 

It was so slow, so predictable.  So us.

Walker is the only one we have who looks to play with pace and purpose.  And he seems to continually get dropped for it!!

As I say, the hope is we're literally getting by in very weird times.  All we can do is support and hope.

Good post.      Regarding Daniel, I think the criticism he still gets on here is unfair on the guy.   Coming in to a new country to manage a team on the slide, with his predecessor still lurking in the background and  then having to wait several weeks to be able to bring in his assistants - yet plenty folk seem to have no empathy with the challenge he faced trying to suss out our under-performing squad and get them energised.   No wonder we lost the first 4 matches.         

As for Jamie Walker, there were loads of posts a couple of weeks ago by folk wanting him to be binned !!   

There can't be many players/coaches/directors who've not been targeted on here by the "oot" brigade in the last few days.   :arghh:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

I don't think - barring a majorly disastrous collapse - that RN will fail to get Hearts promotion, however there has to be major doubts about his capability for next season - and beyond - or immediate relegation is a very real prospect - or expectation.

Planning for next season has to start NOW, (ideally it would already be underway).  

If Hearts don't want to be hovering mid table at best, or in a relegation dogfight at worst, then expectation levels need massive confidence and cash injections. 

Face it, confidence will not be forthcoming with Robbie in charge, it just isn't going to happen. Whatever other talents he may have, projecting and instilling confidence are not any of them. In my opinion, Hearts need to look at something like Rangers did, and seek out a promising young manager quite probably from the English game.

Big ask? 

Damn right it is, but just sticking a big spoon into the rather limited Scottish talent pool and giving it a stir to see what turns up as a replacement for Neilson is not going to magically produce what is needed.

Hearts need a name that will stimulate not only the fans, but  serious investors and sponsors,

As for the cash injection?

James Anderson (and friends) financing and promoting not only HMFC, but as a byword, HMFC situated in Edinburgh and all that the capital has to offer as a tourist market and financial centre in some sort of partnership. Big thinking is what is needed, surely the club has devotees who can make these things happen?

Dave Cormack has tried something at Aberdeen (credit to him) but his blind spot of sticking with serial loser, and hugely unpopular, McInnes (just another Neilson), was always going to be his club's downfall.

It's time to think big, otherwise...well, forget it.

It will be just a continuation of the present drudge watching the arse cheeks slogging it out for bragging rights.

Edited by JDK2020

15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good post.      Regarding Daniel, I think the criticism he still gets on here is unfair on the guy.   Coming in to a new country to manage a team on the slide, with his predecessor still lurking in the background and  then having to wait several weeks to be able to bring in his assistants - yet plenty folk seem to have no empathy with the challenge he faced trying to suss out our under-performing squad and get them energised.   No wonder we lost the first 4 matches.         

As for Jamie Walker, there were loads of posts a couple of weeks ago by folk wanting him to be binned !!   

There can't be many players/coaches/directors who've not been targeted on here by the "oot" brigade in the last few days.   :arghh:

Aye but the ones wanting Walker benched live on prejudice rather than what's actually on show!

Tokyo Drifter
On 20/02/2021 at 18:00, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

McInnes would be great, IMO. I'd take Stendel back, and I still reckon Elvis could do us a job. And what about Magic?

1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

McInnes would be great, IMO. I'd take Stendel back, and I still reckon Elvis could do us a job. And what about Magic?

I'd love Elivs back at Hearts in some capacity but Its bad enough with Robbie and Levein folk liking them and hating them. Elivs would be no different as folk are still greeting their eyes over over a chest pump 14 years ago .  I was gutted when I seen that and made it worse Strachan made him captain that day but he is still one of my hero's and one of the best players I have seen in maroon. 

Stendel had us rock bottom with some gash signings and kept the hologram in goals.

Berra than you
17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'd love Elivs back at Hearts in some capacity but Its bad enough with Robbie and Levein folk liking them and hating them. Elivs would be no different as folk are still greeting their eyes over over a chest pump 14 years ago .  I was gutted when I seen that and made it worse Strachan made him captain that day but he is still one of my hero's and one of the best players I have seen in maroon. 

I reckon Elvis would create an even bigger split than Robbie or Levein tbqh. Not sure he's done much in a management role to merit a job as big as Hearts either mind.

Edited by Berra than you

9 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I reckon Elvis would create an even bigger split than Robbie or Levein tbqh. Not sure he's done much in a management role to merit a job as big as Hearts either mind.

Yeah done nothing in football management but I wouldn't rule out having him around a new managers coaching backroom staff in the future.  Paul Hartley was doing well with cove up until their league got stopped. ( funny we mention Elivs ) because I just went onto youtube to watch the goals from that game and Miko scored a screamer even back then 14 years ago the speed we played games at and the build up of the goal I would take that now. Robbie should be watching videos of us playing 14 seasons ago to get a few tips in formation and tactics 😜 

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah done nothing in football management but I wouldn't rule out having him around a new managers coaching backroom staff in the future.  Paul Hartley was doing well with cove up until their league got stopped. ( funny we mention Elivs ) because I just went onto youtube to watch the goals from that game and Miko scored a screamer even back then 14 years ago the speed we played games at and the build up of the goal I would take that now. Robbie should be watching videos of us playing 14 seasons ago to get a few tips in formation and tactics 😜 

Yeah, thing is he always talks about playing the way hearts have in the past in teams he's played in, then it never happens. On the bit in bold, Hartley has generally done okay in his managerial career. Did well at alloa and at Dundee initially. Done poorly latterly at dens and Falkirk, but looking a t the appointments those clubs have made since, they have regressed further. And as you say he's doing well again at cove. Don't think he's ready now but one to keep an eye on certainly.

2 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Hearts need a name that will stimulate not only the fans, but  serious investors and sponsors,

It's time to think big, otherwise...well, forget it.

It will be just a continuation of the present drudge watching the arse cheeks slogging it out for bragging rights.

I hate to say it but we need our Gerrard. Time will tell if Stevie G goes on to have a great manager career (Celtic thrown in the towel this year) but, generally speaking, in the bubble of Scottish football there is a certain culture.

Abroad certain approaches can work well. Let's say even 'if' cathro had been a mastermind he was never going to be taken seriously from the start.

In Scotland there's a mentality that needs someone with a bit of grit. And if they can say I've played intentionally or won champs league all the better... Gerrard was immediately respected because of the player he was. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's just the way it is.

An acquaintance plays non league and I recall him mouthing off as his new manager was younger than him (Young coach who had been getting high praise in America.) There's a guy who's been abroad and earned all his badges etc getting looked down on by a guy who's only ever kicked a ball round his own patch. Obviously that example is a low level but I doubt it's very different up the league's.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah, thing is he always talks about playing the way hearts have in the past in teams he's played in, then it never happens. On the bit in bold, Hartley has generally done okay in his managerial career. Did well at alloa and at Dundee initially. Done poorly latterly at dens and Falkirk, but looking a t the appointments those clubs have made since, they have regressed further. And as you say he's doing well again at cove. Don't think he's ready now but one to keep an eye on certainly.

I would love Paul back but I think he would need to prove how good he was a manager at a higher level than Cove unless he get them into the championship and are pushing for promotion to the premier league.  He is on track with Cove what he done with Alloa got them into the championship.  Also on the ex player thing I would be surprised if Halkett left in the summer went to a St Johnstone or St Mirren done amazing and in 2/3 years we need a CB and fans suggest Halkett 😳 it happens all the time .  The sooner fans notice we get all the crap that Aberdeen and Hibs have first dibs on and reject the better we overly spend on utter crap and pay huge wages. 

Guest ToqueJambo

We've jumped the shark now. McInness plays worse football than anyone in the league outwith Hamilton. Aberdeen fans hate him now. Stendel is possibly our worst manager in history. Elvis divides the support even more than Neilson seems to, with the caveat that our online support is not the same as our real support. Johnston is a rookie at this level.

Who's next, Tommy Wright? People are awfy quiet about him now.

I don't see how another manager (within our budget) is going to get anything extra out of these players.  Not one of them would get you up out of your seat.  We don't have a Rudi type player (get you a goal from nowhere) or a Martin Boyle (turn defence into attack). Take these players out a team and its eye-bleeding. Hibs fans will testify. Aberdeen fans have been wanting rid of McInnes for years because of turgid football. Majority of teams in Scotland seem happy enough to try and get a point instead of going for 3. Does not make pretty viewing in my opinion.

Having to play the young lands post admin was a refreshing change from the norm of watching over paid average footballers. The final 6 or 7 games of that relegation season, the following championship season and premiership season (some of it) were great to watch. Youngsters busting a gut for the club, some with a bit of pace or some with a trick or two.

Now we are back to signing mediocre players who tick none of those boxes and its a hard watch. (Ginnelly has plenty pace if he could stay fit :( )

15 minutes ago, damo said:

I don't see how another manager (within our budget) is going to get anything extra out of these players.  Not one of them would get you up out of your seat.  We don't have a Rudi type player (get you a goal from nowhere) or a Martin Boyle (turn defence into attack). Take these players out a team and its eye-bleeding. Hibs fans will testify. Aberdeen fans have been wanting rid of McInnes for years because of turgid football. Majority of teams in Scotland seem happy enough to try and get a point instead of going for 3. Does not make pretty viewing in my opinion.

Having to play the young lands post admin was a refreshing change from the norm of watching over paid average footballers. The final 6 or 7 games of that relegation season, the following championship season and premiership season (some of it) were great to watch. Youngsters busting a gut for the club, some with a bit of pace or some with a trick or two.

Now we are back to signing mediocre players who tick none of those boxes and its a hard watch. (Ginnelly has plenty pace if he could stay fit :( )

He’ll get time and the opportunity to sign better players.  Alarm bells are starting to ring a bit though and people are rightly concerned. Which manager would go to the press and state his preferred formation with the players at the club is 4-3-3 then play 4-2-3-1 in the next 3-4 games. Why? Why the reluctance to change when he knows it’s for the best?

All season we’ve heard this player or that player hasn’t played since this date or that date and we’ll see the best of them soon. When? There are only ten games left. Would anybody be really surprised if we signed a few players at the tail end of the summer transfer window and this never ending wait for all our players to be in peak condition continued?

We don’t need a Rudi or a Boyle in this league. We’ve become too predictable, too easy to defend against and RN is just so slow to pick up on that and change it up. If someone had said at the start of this season we’d play two sitting midfielders and one up front I’d have laughed at them. Not saying that didn’t work well enough for a while but how about the boss being a bit proactive and changing things before we start dropping points to utter pish that should never come to Tynecastle and get a sniff of a point. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He’ll get time and the opportunity to sign better players.  Alarm bells are starting to ring a bit though and people are rightly concerned. Which manager would go to the press and state his preferred formation with the players at the club is 4-3-3 then play 4-2-3-1 in the next 3-4 games. Why? Why the reluctance to change when he knows it’s for the best?

Possibly the injury to Ginnelly and a need to get the new players up to speed. GMS has been incredibly disappointing but the others need a bit of time.

Neilson proved after Sow left that if he feels like the players he has aren't up to a particular style he'll play more conservatively to try to get the points. We all saw under Cathro and Stendel what happens when you try to force players into a particular style they're not suited to.

Neilson needs time to build his own squad. He's doing it bit by bit right now as last summer wasn't the time for a major overhaul. Some he's got right, like Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnelly and, early days, McEneff, plus extending Smith's contract and trying to get Irving to commit. Frear, Roberts, Popescu, Halliday haven't been convincing. GMS has bombed so far, as the one player we probably thought would hit the ground running funnily enough. Too early to tell for the new striker and Kastaneer (who is only here because of Ginnelly's injury) for me. The rest - the bulk of the squad - are players he inherited. So if we're going to give Stendel some leeway for inheriting most of the team, we should do the same with Neilson.

I think his biggest mistakes personnel wise have been not playing Walker from the start every game and letting the likes of Moore and Wighton go when the replacements don't seem any better.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

All season we’ve heard this player or that player hasn’t played since this date or that date and we’ll see the best of them soon. When? There are only ten games left. Would anybody be really surprised if we signed a few players at the tail end of the summer transfer window and this never ending wait for all our players to be in peak condition continued?

We don’t need a Rudi or a Boyle in this league. We’ve become too predictable, too easy to defend against and RN is just so slow to pick up on that and change it up. If someone had said at the start of this season we’d play two sitting midfielders and one up front I’d have laughed at them. Not saying that didn’t work well enough for a while but how about the boss being a bit proactive and changing things before we start dropping points to utter pish that should never come to Tynecastle and get a sniff of a point. 

I agree with you. I don't think these players can produce any better though and you're right, we don't need game changer type players in this league. We proven that as we'll win this league at a canter and that should be expected given our budget.  Only if we get our noses in front does it seem possible we could give these teams a hiding. Fall behind as we've done on a few occasions now and its brutal stuff.  I think its rinse and repeat for the rest of the season unfortunately. 

The championship team of 2014/15 were like chalk and cheese compared to this lot. Put together at a fraction of the cost of this squad (guessing) . Got to hope the recruitment process improves and we unearth some talent in the academy.

Saying all that. but for a missed penalty we'd be lording Neilson for a Scottish Cup victory / Scottish championship double (I know, i know, all ifs, buts and maybes ! ):(

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Possibly the injury to Ginnelly and a need to get the new players up to speed. GMS has been incredibly disappointing but the others need a bit of time.

Neilson proved after Sow left that if he feels like the players he has aren't up to a particular style he'll play more conservatively to try to get the points. We all saw under Cathro and Stendel what happens when you try to force players into a particular style they're not suited to.

Neilson needs time to build his own squad. He's doing it bit by bit right now as last summer wasn't the time for a major overhaul. Some he's got right, like Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnelly and, early days, McEneff, plus extending Smith's contract and trying to get Irving to commit. Frear, Roberts, Popescu, Halliday haven't been convincing. GMS has bombed so far, as the one player we probably thought would hit the ground running funnily enough. Too early to tell for the new striker and Kastaneer (who is only here because of Ginnelly's injury) for me. The rest - the bulk of the squad - are players he inherited. So if we're going to give Stendel some leeway for inheriting most of the team, we should do the same with Neilson.

I think his biggest mistakes personnel wise have been not playing Walker from the start every game and letting the likes of Moore and Wighton go when the replacements don't seem any better.

All good points and it’s certainly not been all bad on the transfer front. I just find hearts a really frustrating watch at the moment. When you’re a fan and you see things not working, when the manager doesn’t change things it’s annoying. 

I think the two deep central midfielders and one striker has ran its course now. McEneff looks like he likes to get forward and Gnanduilett hopefully nearing fitness so see what Friday brings I suppose. 

Regardless of opinions and polls, he’ll get the time to create his own team and rightly so. 

There's no point guessing who would you want if Neilson got the bullet. Managers would make it known if they wanted the job. And if an retired player wanted to come with a quality experienced assistant who knows. Remember what it was like when we got Burley or JJ from Falkirk, Sergio, what we need is Joe, JJ and Naisy to get their heads together and get us a manager who is good enough manage Hearts. In these 3 I'd trust.

6 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

🥴

4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I hate to say it but we need our Gerrard. Time will tell if Stevie G goes on to have a great manager career (Celtic thrown in the towel this year) but, generally speaking, in the bubble of Scottish football there is a certain culture.

Abroad certain approaches can work well. Let's say even 'if' cathro had been a mastermind he was never going to be taken seriously from the start.

In Scotland there's a mentality that needs someone with a bit of grit. And if they can say I've played intentionally or won champs league all the better... Gerrard was immediately respected because of the player he was. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's just the way it is.

An acquaintance plays non league and I recall him mouthing off as his new manager was younger than him (Young coach who had been getting high praise in America.) There's a guy who's been abroad and earned all his badges etc getting looked down on by a guy who's only ever kicked a ball round his own patch. Obviously that example is a low level but I doubt it's very different up the league's.

"I hate to say it but we need our Gerrard."  Why do you hate to say it?  🤔

As for the rest of your post I'm not quite sure if you agree with me, disagree with me, or are bringing up an entirely separate point. Sorry.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Berra than you said:

If that is the basis on which you feel choices should be made how did Robbie Neilson get chosen, not once but twice.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Gerrard taken 3 years to build the team. 

Many rangers fans wanted him gone early doors as celtic gobbled up cups and rangers were no where near them and often getting battered by a few goals. 

We need to stick by a manager that is improving us and give him time to build further. 

Not go in the huff after every draw or poor result. 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If that is the basis on which you feel choices should be made how did Robbie Neilson get chosen, not once but twice.

You make a good point with his first spell. Would argue he did enough in his first spell with us, and in getting United promoted to get a job with us in the championship. You obviously have to take a chance sometimes with managers. Don't think Elvis would be one worth taking.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

You make a good point with his first spell. Would argue he did enough in his first spell with us, and in getting United promoted to get a job with us in the championship. You obviously have to take a chance sometimes with managers. Don't think Elvis would be one worth taking.

I'm not suggesting for a second that Pressley should get the job. I actually thought when Neilson left us originaly he was doing so as he knew he had taken us as far as he could. If now simply getting us back in the top division is deemed as an HMFC manager being successful it doesn't make the future look awfully bright. I say that without really knowing who I'd like to see get the job in all honesty.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Plenty had empathy for Stendel but also think he delivered terrible performances and damaging results in the brief time he had. I saw nothing in Stendel that suggests he could do a better job than Neilson is of breaking down packed defences on shit pitches in shit weather conditions in front of no fans.

In any case, where's the empathy for Neilson trying to manage during a pandemic and inheriting most of the same players Stendel did, not even knowing if the league was going to start when trying to sign players in summer? Having to prep for last season's cup semi final with a championship squad against premiership Hibs who were miles ahead in match fitness?

The difference ultimately is that Neilson is doing his job. Stendel didn't do his. Both could do better, but Neilson is at least well on track for doing what his main job this season was, with the added bonus of giving us derby win and a thrilling cup final when we were completely written off.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Berra than you
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not suggesting for a second that Pressley should get the job. I actually thought when Neilson left us originaly he was doing so as he knew he had taken us as far as he could. If now simply getting us back in the top division is deemed as an HMFC manager being successful it doesn't make the future look awfully bright. I say that without really knowing who I'd like to see get the job in all honesty.

I mean to be fair, getting us promoted this season is successful in terms of this season, but I'd agree it's not really something to judge him on. It's next season that matters. Personally thought he did a good job in the top flight last time but I have concerns this time around. He'll be in the job start of next season regardless of what fans think. Willing to give him some time so long as we act quickly if things aren't looking like improving.

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Didn't he say he had unfinished business?   Not sure what that means. 0ther than business that's unfinished.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

So we sack Neilson because he's not winning the Championship convincingly enough. Do we then sack the next guy because he's not in 3rd convincingly enough, which was actually what some Hearts fans seemed to want to happen with Neilson last time? Where does it end? If they win a cup, like Sergio did, does that give them some leeway as his league form was mostly rubbish? If so, shouldn't Neilson get some leeway after that Celtic performance, and the tricky semi-final?

Who is this fictional manager who will have us high in the league, winning in the cups, playing great football, and recruiting consistently good players? And if we luck into him eventually after sacking manager after manager, how long do folk think we'd actually keep this highly-sought after unicorn of a manager?

22 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

So, assuming we go up(which I have no doubts about - despite the current form we hope is a blip) what should Robbie’s target be next season, assuming he is the one that’s leading us into that (which I do have doubts about). Is it simply a season of consolidation where staying up is the main target, or are we looking at having top six as a target ? I can’t imagine he’ll be tasked with top 4 as a target in one season as we seem miles away from that capability as it stands at the moment although clearly that’s where we are aiming for eventually. Obviously the higher the target given, if we are serious about the target, the more money and new players that have to be thrown at it. Will the fan base even tolerate a modest target ?Thoughts ?

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In any case, where's the empathy for Neilson trying to manage during a pandemic and inheriting most of the same players Stendel did, not even knowing if the league was going to start when trying to sign players in summer? Having to prep for last season's cup semi final with a championship squad against premiership Hibs who were miles ahead in match fitness?

Oh I agree with you there. I'm not for sacking Robbie in the foreseeable future - he's done well with the squad he inherited (and in the circumstances of no fans) .... maybe a bit less so with some of his signings.    Unfortunately there seems to be a fair squad of fans on here who want him gone regardless. 

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many rangers fans wanted him gone early doors as celtic gobbled up cups and rangers were no where near them and often getting battered by a few goals. 

We need to stick by a manager that is improving us and give him time to build further. 

Aye all fair points. Personally I'm not in the Robbie out camp anyway. Just on a football forum speculating IF we were to change.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's a great point. Rangers held their nerve with Gerrard. Until now, not only had he failed in the league (even failing to pull away from Aberdeen the way they'd be expected to) but he'd failed in the domestic cups and still has. He might get the Liverpool job sooner than expected the way things are going there.

Fed up with us going down the ex jambo route. Stendel, although not everyone’s cup of tea, brought a buzz and a freshness and had no baggage in terms of moving players on. Good or bad everyone had their own opinion of him but at least it was a brave appointment and one of the rare occasions Budge showed some determination to do something and therefore surprised how quickly she got rid of him (COVID maybe made it easier)

instead of spunking wages on some of the dross that we’ve signed the past few seasons why not employ a manager that might get a tune out of the squad we’ve got?

Neilson is not the one.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Aye all fair points. Personally I'm not in the Robbie out camp anyway. Just on a football forum speculating IF we were to change.

If we were to change it has to be timed right and not like Stendel who was ill timed in so many ways.

Him at the start of a season might have been exciting.

Robbie imo could be our Mcinnes, get us steady and in about the top, the question is if we get that for 3/4 season where do we go from there?

Bit of a way to go before we can think about that tho.

Edited by Smith's right boot

The Grim Reaper
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we were to change it has to be timed right and not like Stendel who was ill timed in so many ways.

Him at the start of a season might have been exciting.

Robbie imo could be our Mcinnes, get us steady and in about the top, the question is if we get that for 3/4 season where do we go from there?

Bit of a way to go before we can think about that tho.

Maybe he’ll be just like Jurgen Klopp and we’ll win the Champions League. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Maybe he’ll be just like Jurgen Klopp and we’ll win the Champions League. 

Bit of a leap there.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aye but has only used him once

****ing hell, you go on  about not making the same mistakes again yet when given the choice of any manager you come up with the guy that loaned the hologram after us!

Cannae make that up tbh.

Mentioned above, where is the empathy for NeIlson managing through a pandemic etc? 

It's not really right but Neilson's own personality makes it unlikely he'll foster any sustained empathy. It's the way he is but it can be hellish dour and grating. He can describe fixtures like a trip to the dentist. Just gets everybody drumming their fingers in a ****ing stupor.

In contrast Stendel had a bit of charisma that people could empathize with, winning or losing. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Mentioned above, where is the empathy for NeIlson managing through a pandemic etc? 

It's not really right but Neilson's own personality makes it unlikely he'll foster any sustained empathy. It's the way he is but it can be hellish dour and grating. He can describe fixtures like a trip to the dentist. Just gets everybody drumming their fingers in a ****ing stupor.

In contrast Stendel had a bit of charisma that people could empathize with, winning or losing. 

It's a personality contest now.....

Robbie oot because he's not a fun guy!

2 belters tonight, let's get the manager in that loaned Poppadum hands after us,  and now Stendel is a better option because even when we lose , he does it with Charisma!

See the source image

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing hell, you go on  about not making the same mistakes again yet when given the choice of any manager you come up with the guy that loaned the hologram after us!

Cannae make that up tbh.

That’s because you’re a simpleton

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 belters tonight, let's get the manager in that loaned Poppadum hands after us,  and now Stendel is a better option because even when we lose , he does it with Charisma!

See the source image

Nah. You see all I am doing is highlighting why some fans will relate more to Stendel than Neilson. It's just human nature. Go back to the post highlighted. Context is everything 

Edited by Riccarton3

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

See the source image

Never let it be forgotten that 

1) you backed to the hilt the manager who ****ed us

2) you backed Hibs to win the cup

All that’s left are desperate attempts by you to pretend that you know what’s good for the club.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never let it be forgotten that 

1) you backed to the hilt the manager who ****ed us

2) you backed Hibs to win the cup

All that’s left are desperate attempts by you to pretend that you know what’s good for the club.

😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nah. You see all I am doing is highlighting why some fans will relate more to Stendel than Neilson. It's just human nature. Go back to the post highlighted. Context is everything 

Fair doos.