If not Neilson who?

Leveins Battalion

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Plenty had empathy for Stendel but also think he delivered terrible performances and damaging results in the brief time he had. I saw nothing in Stendel that suggests he could do a better job than Neilson is of breaking down packed defences on shit pitches in shit weather conditions in front of no fans.

In any case, where's the empathy for Neilson trying to manage during a pandemic and inheriting most of the same players Stendel did, not even knowing if the league was going to start when trying to sign players in summer? Having to prep for last season's cup semi final with a championship squad against premiership Hibs who were miles ahead in match fitness?

The difference ultimately is that Neilson is doing his job. Stendel didn't do his. Both could do better, but Neilson is at least well on track for doing what his main job this season was, with the added bonus of giving us derby win and a thrilling cup final when we were completely written off.

Hiya Robbie 👋

Oh, and by the way, what a pile of pish!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

38 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Propaganda. 

Agreed. I particularly enjoyed the “inheriting most of the same players Stendel did” 😂😂 He’d have got away with it too if it wasn’t for that meddling Graig Gordon, Ross Stewart, Stephen Kingsley, Miihai Popescu, Andy Halliday, Elliot Frear, Josh Ginnelly and Jordon Roberts. And if only they hadn’t been joined by Gary McKay-Steven, Armand Gnanduillet, Gervane Kastaneer and Aaron McEneff!!!

Other than those 12, and the 20 odd players that left, it’s essentially the same players Stendel inherited 🤪🤪

Edited by Ethan Hunt

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Stendel had us rock bottom with some gash signings and kept the hologram in goals.

Stendel wasn’t stupid, there must be more to that goalie caper...

23 minutes ago, smiler said:

Stendel wasn’t stupid, there must be more to that goalie caper...

It was Levein & Budge, they both forced poor Stendel to play him and sign Donis Moustache.  Apparently revolved around the deal allowing him to pop home at Christmas. 

He actually found a better keeper at the Xmas market when he was back in Germany, but the gruesome twosome would only let him buy gifts for Austin MacPhee.  So he bought the crystal candleholder but gave it to MacPhee instead of putting it in goals.

Still boils my blood to be honest.

7 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It was Levein & Budge, they both forced poor Stendel to play him and sign Donis Moustache.  Apparently revolved around the deal allowing him to pop home at Christmas. 

He actually found a better keeper at the Xmas market when he was back in Germany, but the gruesome twosome would only let him buy gifts for Austin MacPhee.  So he bought the crystal candleholder but gave it to MacPhee instead of putting it in goals.

So there was more to that goalie caper then, **** sake, you kept that to yourself. 

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

So there was more to that goalie caper then, **** sake, you kept that to yourself. 

I kept it in as long as I could.  Now I've just sprayed shit everywhere, I'm sorry.

Although quite a heroic effort on my part to keep a clean sheet for almost a year.  If only I'd been able to play in goals. 

Sadly I was also given to Austin MacPhee as Christmas gift.  It's been a nightmare, seriously.

I'm no better at heading a ball than I was a year ago.  

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I kept it in as long as I could.  Now I've just sprayed shit everywhere, I'm sorry.

Although quite a heroic effort on my part to keep a clean sheet for almost a year.  If only I'd been able to play in goals. 

Sadly I was also given to Austin MacPhee as Christmas gift.  It's been a nightmare, seriously.

I'm no better at heading a ball than I was a year ago.  

I'm glad you've let it all out to me then mate, I was going to say come out, but I didn’t want to upset anyone. There are better, high profile, prolific posters on here far more deserving than me though.  

2 minutes ago, smiler said:

I'm glad you've let it all out to me then mate, I was going to say come out, but I didn’t want to upset anyone. There are better, high profile, prolific posters on here far more deserving than me though.  

I had to, like, open the bruise up, and let some of the bruise blood come out to show them

come out to show them

come out to show them

come out to show them

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I had to, like, open the bruise up, and let some of the bruise blood come out to show them

come out to show them

come out to show them

come out to show them

:muggy:

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Most of Robbie's team that started the season was the same as Stendel ended the season with. Do you even watch Hearts? Guessing no. You're just here for the trolling right? You absolute twat.

Easy now. 

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

:muggy:

Actually quite proud to have followed up my literal shitposting with JKBs first pointless reference to Steve Reich.

Edited by WageThief

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Actually quite proud to have followed up with my literal shitposting with JKBs first pointless reference to Steve Reich.

:callme:

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, smiler said:

Easy now. 

Calling it like it is. In our 3 best results and performances  - Dundee, Hibs and Celtic - 6 to 8 of the starting line-up were players Neilson inherited. More on the bench.

The criticism of Neilson and praise for Stendel its bizarre and twattish, no other word for it. Most of our squad he inherited as I said. That guy obviously doesn't follow Hearts. Neilson had to use up several salaries on a goalie and wingers because of the previous managers' poor recruiting in those areas.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Propaganda. 

So what % of Neilson's squad and initial line-up did he sign? The other players listed are literally just in the door FFS!

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Calling it like it is. In our 3 best results and performances  - Dundee, Hibs and Celtic - 6 to 8 of the starting line-up were players Neilson inherited. More on the bench.

The criticism of Neilson and praise for Stendel its bizarre and twattish, no other word for it.

Mate, you're a good poster, I was just trying to stop you getting yourself in bother. 

I'm an expert in getting into bother on here. 

9 minutes ago, smiler said:

:callme:

Now there's a guy that didn't interfere in a team or make up a bullshit story about a manager at a Xmas market in Germany!

Most of Robbie's team that started the season was the same as Stendel ended the season with. Do you even watch Hearts? Guessing no. You're just here for the trolling right? You absolute twat.

Oh dear!!! someone doesn’t like their propaganda being shot down with a bit of fact.

For your information Robbie’s team that started the season was so much the same as Stendles that it had five Neilson signings in it, not to mention the further three that were on the bench.  

But I’ll be the one that doesn’t watch Hearts though 😂😂😂😂😂 

15CB28B7-DD01-419F-96ED-96DC96E332FA.jpeg

Edited by Ethan Hunt

The criticism of Neilson and praise for Stendel its bizarre and twattish, no other word for it. Most of our squad he inherited as I said. That guy obviously doesn't follow Hearts. Neilson had to use up several salaries on a goalie and wingers because of the previous managers' poor recruiting in those areas.

Oh dear! Five of the starting line up against Dundee were players signed by Neilson. There were three more Neilson signings on the bench. Of a match day squad of seventeen there were eight Neilson signings. Pretty good going for any new manager that just under half their matchday squad are their own signings.

Only 1 player in the starting line up, and in the squad, was a Stendel signing, Liam Boyce, our top goal scorer. 

Of what was left five of the starters were left from Levein’s time. That might have had something to do with the fact that Stendel only had one window to make any signings, a window that, if you choose to remember, Budge had to push the boat out for signings as the budget had been well and truly fecked by Levein’s previous failed signings. Stendel never had the opportunity to re-build as he was too concerned in fire fighting given the disaster he was left with by Levein.

The goalkeeper (Gordon) we tried to sign in January but Celtic fecked us about and it had to wait until the end of the season. If they hadn’t Gordon would have been a Stendel signing.

Hearts have not had a wide player worth calling a winger since Sam Nicholson. Attempts by Cathro and Levein to address that failed. To my knowledge Stendel never tried to sign a winger because it’s not the way he intended to play at that time. The issue of wingers became a real focus on Neilson taking over and he has subsequently signed five of them. Roberts was so bad he was loaned to Motherwell. Frear is a bench filler at best. Ginnelly was never 100% fit and is now injured, and GMS and Kastaneer aren’t up to much at this time.  So, you are right, Neilson did have to use several salaries on wingers, mainly because he signed shite ones in the first place!!!

Neilson has now signed twelve players. Barring the odd exception, the manner and style of play is dreadful. Neilson talks about a “Hearts style of play”, if what we are watching is his version of a “Hearts style of play” then the quicker he’s emptied the better.

6 hours ago, WageThief said:

He might have been better bringing back a Brattwurst from that Xmas market and sticking that in goals.

On 20/02/2021 at 18:00, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

“Unanimous”. 

Talkin baws.

10D6BB7E-960F-4BCC-B881-AF7CA629435D.png

The White Cockade
6 hours ago, smiler said:

Good band, I liked "Duel", the extended remix is brilliant. 

Yeah I’ve got it on my iPhone playlist 

portobellojambo1
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we sack Neilson because he's not winning the Championship convincingly enough. Do we then sack the next guy because he's not in 3rd convincingly enough, which was actually what some Hearts fans seemed to want to happen with Neilson last time? Where does it end? If they win a cup, like Sergio did, does that give them some leeway as his league form was mostly rubbish? If so, shouldn't Neilson get some leeway after that Celtic performance, and the tricky semi-final?

Who is this fictional manager who will have us high in the league, winning in the cups, playing great football, and recruiting consistently good players? And if we luck into him eventually after sacking manager after manager, how long do folk think we'd actually keep this highly-sought after unicorn of a manager?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I got involved in too much TV watching yesterday afternoon. I don't know if we will sack him or not, am I pleased that we look as if we wll get straight back up, of course, but I'd be lying if I said anything other than we seem to be making it a bit more difficult than it should be. The style of play is difficult to watch at times, we seem to be showing far too much respect to the style/formations of other teams, rather than looking to impose how we play best on them and forcing them to make changes. Do I think once we are up we'll slot straight back in as the 3rd team in the league, no probably not, but at the moment I'm not really seeing a consistent approach which suggests that even if we don't we'll have a damnn good try at it. Would I like to see Robbie Neilson succeed, absolutely 100%, because if he succeeeds the team will succeeed as well, and I doubt any HMFC fan would be upset to see us be successful. Am I really seeing anything from the recent league games which suggest that once we are back in the top league it will be comfortable, again the answer has to be no, there is no consistency in performance/approach at the moment, but it may come about, there is time yet. Do I think of all the managers working in football that Robbie Neilson was the best choice, I'd have to say no to that. But there again I don't have a clue who is/was interested in coming to us and could present a case which would be difficult to say no to.

Broxburn Jambo
On 20/02/2021 at 18:36, cunny1874 said:

cardboard cutout would be better...

A young hungry coach that wants to play entertaining football and has baws to change things and get the players up for a fight. 

Would you accept a young hungry coach and not get promoted?????

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Any manager would get us promoted. Ann could have saved a few pennies and managed us to promotion herself. 

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sorry for the delay in replying, I got involved in too much TV watching yesterday afternoon. I don't know if we will sack him or not, am I pleased that we look as if we wll get straight back up, of course, but I'd be lying if I said anything other than we seem to be making it a bit more difficult than it should be. The style of play is difficult to watch at times, we seem to be showing far too much respect to the style/formations of other teams, rather than looking to impose how we play best on them and forcing them to make changes. Do I think once we are up we'll slot straight back in as the 3rd team in the league, no probably not, but at the moment I'm not really seeing a consistent approach which suggests that even if we don't we'll have a damnn good try at it. Would I like to see Robbie Neilson succeed, absolutely 100%, because if he succeeeds the team will succeeed as well, and I doubt any HMFC fan would be upset to see us be successful. Am I really seeing anything from the recent league games which suggest that once we are back in the top league it will be comfortable, again the answer has to be no, there is no consistency in performance/approach at the moment, but it may come about, there is time yet. Do I think of all the managers working in football that Robbie Neilson was the best choice, I'd have to say no to that. But there again I don't have a clue who is/was interested in coming to us and could present a case which would be difficult to say no to.

Very good post - which will be ignored by the usual trolls because they are more upset about an internet poll than the reality of the reasons behind it. 

Broxburn Jambo
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Any manager would get us promoted. Ann could have saved a few pennies and managed us to promotion herself. 

Original question........WHO?

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Original question........WHO?

As I’ve previously said I’d like Savage to be heavily involved in the next managers appointment. 

Get the two of them working together a la Arsene Wenger - David Dein. Fergie - David Gill if you know what I’m saying. 

52 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

As I’ve previously said I’d like Savage to be heavily involved in the next managers appointment. 

Get the two of them working together a la Arsene Wenger - David Dein. Fergie - David Gill if you know what I’m saying. 

I think that will be the model going forward, as long as we don’t get Savage fired beforehand. 

The Grim Reaper
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that will be the model going forward, as long as we don’t get Savage fired beforehand. 

Would be a disaster if he was to leave for whatever reason. 

On 20/02/2021 at 18:00, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

you forgot Tommy Wright!

10 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

you forgot Tommy Wright!

He also forgot the meaning of unanimous. From the poll, I think he thought unanimous actually meant minority. 

4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Page 7 and still not a decent/ realistic name in sight.

Was that Phil Parkinson not linked with us when he was at Bradford a few seasons ago ? He was sacked from Sunderland recently wouldn't mind seeing someone fresh no links to Hearts and British. 

Paul Clement never had a good start in football management was at Bayern, Real and Chelsea with Carlo currently out a job at the moment was a very good Assistant from the reports I seen over the years. 

I think someone fresh faced no links to Hearts may refreshing things up IF we are going to go down the road and look for a new manager coming in.

There is no point in creating some shortlist with guys who have ties to hearts because 1, they will get pure ripped if they were the manager and 2, we have no ex player out there doing a no bad job to get the hearts job 

Hartley 

Pressley 

McCann 

Robbo 

They have done nothing in football management . 

52 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was that Phil Parkinson not linked with us when he was at Bradford a few seasons ago ? He was sacked from Sunderland recently wouldn't mind seeing someone fresh no links to Hearts and British. 

Paul Clement never had a good start in football management was at Bayern, Real and Chelsea with Carlo currently out a job at the moment was a very good Assistant from the reports I seen over the years. 

I think someone fresh faced no links to Hearts may refreshing things up IF we are going to go down the road and look for a new manager coming in.

There is no point in creating some shortlist with guys who have ties to hearts because 1, they will get pure ripped if they were the manager and 2, we have no ex player out there doing a no bad job to get the hearts job 

Hartley 

Pressley 

McCann 

Robbo 

They have done nothing in football management . 

If you think Neilson football is bad should see the two guys you’ve mentioned. Especially Parkinson.

Why the **** did Robbie leave Dundee Utd? :laugh:

Just got promoted, has a top striker on his hands and yet chooses to go back to the club that DROVE him out of the door, stuck in the Championship and with an unbalanced squad of players. The man is an idiot!!

3 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Yes if we could see improvements with young players coming through ect 

Who says we will get promoted now? 

Or what good is it to get promoted only to still be in a bad place with team next season  and we go round and round with moving in and out players and getting nowhere.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why the **** did Robbie leave Dundee Utd? :laugh:

Just got promoted, has a top striker on his hands and yet chooses to go back to the club that DROVE him out of the door, stuck in the Championship and with an unbalanced squad of players. The man is an idiot!!

Knows his level?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh dear! Five of the starting line up against Dundee were players signed by Neilson. There were three more Neilson signings on the bench. Of a match day squad of seventeen there were eight Neilson signings. Pretty good going for any new manager that just under half their matchday squad are their own signings.

Only 1 player in the starting line up, and in the squad, was a Stendel signing, Liam Boyce, our top goal scorer. 

Of what was left five of the starters were left from Levein’s time. That might have had something to do with the fact that Stendel only had one window to make any signings, a window that, if you choose to remember, Budge had to push the boat out for signings as the budget had been well and truly fecked by Levein’s previous failed signings. Stendel never had the opportunity to re-build as he was too concerned in fire fighting given the disaster he was left with by Levein.

The goalkeeper (Gordon) we tried to sign in January but Celtic fecked us about and it had to wait until the end of the season. If they hadn’t Gordon would have been a Stendel signing.

Hearts have not had a wide player worth calling a winger since Sam Nicholson. Attempts by Cathro and Levein to address that failed. To my knowledge Stendel never tried to sign a winger because it’s not the way he intended to play at that time. The issue of wingers became a real focus on Neilson taking over and he has subsequently signed five of them. Roberts was so bad he was loaned to Motherwell. Frear is a bench filler at best. Ginnelly was never 100% fit and is now injured, and GMS and Kastaneer aren’t up to much at this time.  So, you are right, Neilson did have to use several salaries on wingers, mainly because he signed shite ones in the first place!!!

Neilson has now signed twelve players. Barring the odd exception, the manner and style of play is dreadful. Neilson talks about a “Hearts style of play”, if what we are watching is his version of a “Hearts style of play” then the quicker he’s emptied the better.

Most of Neilson's squad is players he inherited. It's just a simple fact.

Interesting you talk up Nicolson while talking down Neilson. Neilson targeted him as our primary winger signing target. Not his fault Sam chose more money in England. You and Robbie are clearly on the same page recruitment wise.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh dear!!! someone doesn’t like their propaganda being shot down with a bit of fact.

For your information Robbie’s team that started the season was so much the same as Stendles that it had five Neilson signings in it, not to mention the further three that were on the bench.  

But I’ll be the one that doesn’t watch Hearts though 😂😂😂😂😂 

15CB28B7-DD01-419F-96ED-96DC96E332FA.jpeg

Most of that team was signed by Levein and Stendel. What am I not getting here? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Most of Neilson's squad is players he inherited. It's just a simple fact.

Interesting you talk up Nicolson while talking down Neilson. Neilson targeted him as our primary winger signing target. Not his fault Sam chose more money in England. You and Robbie are clearly on the same page recruitment wise.

Although most of the 1st team were signed by Robbie. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Most of that team was signed by Levein and Stendel. What am I not getting here?

Just about everything!!!!

You clearly think that it’s not Neilson team/squad until he has signed all his own players. Maybe we should just discard two NI internationals because Neilson didn’t sign them?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Although most of the 1st team were signed by Robbie. 

There’s no point mate. He’s at best selective, at worst delusional.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Just about everything!!!!

You clearly think that it’s not Neilson team/squad until he has signed all his own players. Maybe we should just discard two NI internationals because Neilson didn’t sign them?

You said I was wrong saying Neilson inherited most of his squad. It's a fact that he did, just like Stendel.