If not Neilson who?

Leveins Battalion

Budge did to her credit go bold in appointing Stengel and unfortunately it didn’t work out although long term it might have. So she went with the safe but hardly inspiring option. Boring and predictable and guaranteed to continue the mediocrity on the field performances we’ve been accustomed to for years.  I’ll admit that her business savvy has brought huge progress off the field and am a great admirer of what she has achieved here. That is the paradox of the Budge. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

1 minute ago, Rannoch said:

Budge did to her credit go bold in appointing Stengel and unfortunately it didn’t work out although long term it might have. So she went with the safe but hardly inspiring option. Boring and predictable and guaranteed to continue the mediocrity on the field performances we’ve been accustomed to for years.  I’ll admit that her business savvy has brought huge progress off the field and am a great admirer of what she has achieved here. That is the paradox of the Budge. 

Would agree.

Went fairly safe with Neilson first time around - worked

Took a risk (based on Levein advice ) with Cathro - failed

Thought she was going safe with Levein - failed

Took a risk with Stendel - imho failed

So then went back to look at a stable/safe option and Neilson became available.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well name a more embarrassing period?

We are all ears.

How about 1994-95 (Sandy Clark & Tommy McLean era) - that was pretty appalling.     

Look, our football entertainment has been poor for the last 4 weeks - but it was mostly decent prior to that, as evidenced by our healthy lead at the top of the league and number of goals scored.- is that how you define  "embarrassing"   ? 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

How about 1994-95 (Sandy Clark & Tommy McLean era) - that was pretty appalling.     

Look, our football entertainment has been poor for the last 4 weeks - but it was mostly decent prior to that, as evidenced by our healthy lead at the top of the league and number of goals scored.- is that how you define  "embarrassing"   ? 

It was shite but we still didn't get relegated. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It was shite but we still didn't get relegated. 

Ermm .... what's your point, caller ?      We didn't get relegated last year (i'm sure you know that ☺️).   

What the f.u.c.k. does it say about our farcical club that we are even discussing this...

Any Jambo worth their salt knows how dreadful we have been to watch for well over 4 years. The odd result apart, but non of us are actually excited re the product that is served up by the management and players for so long. A passionate energetic and attack minded team, getting us off our seats is all we want. 

Folks, nothing will change at all until AB leaves the building, that is the reality.

It's a scandal if truth be told...

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ermm .... what's your point, caller ?      We didn't get relegated last year (i'm sure you know that ☺️).   

Point is, that despite all the absolute shite we've been through in the last 38 years, (Tommy McLean era included) this current Hearts board have led us to a point where we're getting scudded by the likes of Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith in the second tier of Scottish football. Surely there is nothing more embarrassing than that?

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Point is, that despite all the absolute shite we've been through in the last 38 years, (Tommy McLean era included) this current Hearts board have led us to a point where we're getting scudded by the likes of Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith in the second tier of Scottish football. Surely there is nothing more embarrassing than that?

OK - I see why you take that view.  Just remember though that most seasons we get scudded by a "lowly" team or 2 (Livi, St. J, etc).   Remember Gretna's final game before they went bankrupt in 2007 ?     

On a serious note though, whoever the owner of Hearts is (Budge or FoH) may well be faced with the dilemma of whether to sack a manager.   Levein had us at the top of the Premiership for 2 months before it fell apart.  Scudded by Livi, then reached a Cup Final.   Robbie is doing similar - top of the league for 3 months, but dropping points to QoS, Morton etc and not scoring goals.  How does an owner know when to pull the trigger when we're yo-yoing  from one extreme to another so often ?

What is embarrassing and hard to explain is that these dips during the last 3 years have happened while the club has been benefitting from huge extra funding by us fans.  

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

My recollection watching hearts then is we competed against some really good teams. For the record Wallace Mercer turned the the club round after years of financial feckups.

Yeah, I wasn’t aware about Mercer. 

5 hours ago, Australis said:

Someone who signs promising youngsters and sell them on for a profit for the club.

Not old journeyman on their final contracts who do not give a toss for the club.

We had a manager that played younger players. We binned him 

Central Belt 1874
4 hours ago, Gards said:

You really can't be serious....most embarassing period in 38 years?  Talk about a drama queen

Is this post for real??

This is easily the worst period in the last 38 years for the club. 

As others have said, Budge needs to be kept away from the decision making process, and Levein for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

100% 👌👏

image.gif.fa8589e17c68f31a5be39057d8647e7d.gif

3 hours ago, Rannoch said:

So what’s your point? Sorry not being argumentative, but what’s your solution?

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We aren't being scudded by anyone.

In fact, right now all facts point to us doing the scudding.

If we don't go up it would be embarrassing, but fortunately due to Robbie, unlike Rangers and Hibs in the recent past we WILL go up- first time.

We are also only in the second tier as we were voted down and were not relegated after a full season.

If you admit embarrassment you admit that the decision to relegate us was correct.

Edited by Smith's right boot

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Alex Neil would be #1 choice if it was possible

Manager of a team that has 1 win in 2021, 64% posession today & lost 4-0?

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Rannoch said:

So needs to be ruthless and once the Championship has been won ditch him.

Ditching 90% of the guff we've signed over the past few years would be the ideal solution. (bit late now though)

Enough to make you greet.

J.T.F.Robertson
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we don't go up it would be embarrassing, but fortunately due to Robbie, unlike Rangers and Hibs in the recent past we WILL go up- first time.

We are also only in the second tier as we were voted down and were not relegated after a full season.

If you admit embarrassment you admit that the decision to relegate us was correct.

Genuinely no offence, but do you ever have a bash at seeing the reality of what we've become?

I'm good with a bit of positivity, but you won't have a word said against what's been going on for years now and unless you're a a blind man, it ain't anything good.

8 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

I wouldn’t say it’s unanimous. Plenty folk still content we are top of the league and give him the reigns to start next season. That’s what will happen anyway so discussing ‘who else’ at this stage is pointless. However the temporary answer is that we would get literally dozens of more qualified applicants than the current manager. 

7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

At least in admin we had a bunch of young boys who fought for the club 100%.

We had a really good crop of youngsters in the last championship season too Have a look sometime at the list of players let go under Neilson and Cathro. It’s very telling and a

major pointer as to how we got to where we are now. Warning - it will make you seethe.

He'll be here till Budge decides otherwise so I won't be holding my breath.

Happy clappers have got lowering the bar down to an artform past few years expect more of the same.

6 hours ago, Gards said:

Sigh - most embarassing in 38 years....really think a sense of realism needs to kick in on this board.

38 years take you back to 83. I honestly can’t think of a lengthy (2year plus) period since 83 that is more embarrassing than the last 2 years.

5 hours ago, David Black said:

If you recall we sacked Willie Ormond when top of the league. It is actually a good time to do so, unlike the situation DS inherited.

Not true 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

38 years take you back to 83. I honestly can’t think of a lengthy (2year plus) period since 83 that is more embarrassing than the last 2 years.

Can’t disagree mate we have been awful, today’s game summed it up to me (and I’ve been sitting on the fence with this team) but it’s not filling me with much hope for next season yes we may get new players in but hey how much is it going  cost us ?

As long as Ann Bidge has fek all to do with the appointment I’m cool.  She’s  brilliant for us but by god her manager hiring is bloody disgusting 

Robinson should of been hired long ago

Geoff Kilpatrick

No point getting rid now. We will coast to reinstatement but we need a new direction for next season. Would love Stendel bsck but that isn't happening. A hungry, young manager from England would be ideal.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

jesus you give the term happy clapper a whole new meaning.

god only knows how you will be if we ever get a half decent manager

I think that everyone should calm down. We are well clear at the top of the league and barring an absolute catastrophe will go up as champions. We've had a number poor results as well as poor performances, but against Morton on another day we would have scored 4 or 5. I felt yesterday that it was just one of those games where nothing fell for us. I think we'll be fine under Neilson 

36 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I think that everyone should calm down. We are well clear at the top of the league and barring an absolute catastrophe will go up as champions. We've had a number poor results as well as poor performances, but against Morton on another day we would have scored 4 or 5. I felt yesterday that it was just one of those games where nothing fell for us. I think we'll be fine under Neilson 

I used to be a robbie fan until only a few weeks ago but i am noticing major cracks now in what he is trying to do with this team, Yes we are clear at the top right now but make no mistake, we are playing rubbish at the moment imo, no better than we were under levein at the start of last season i would argue, yes we are 9 points clear however dunfy have 1 game in hand and i for the life of me can't see us winning at inverness, Given how bad we have been recently, do you honestly expect us to win there? so if we lose/draw and dunfy win again next week the gap could potentially be only 6 points by the end of next weekend. For me that's extremely concerning that we could only be a couple of wins clear in the scottish championship, with the budget and players that we have.

Are you not concerned by the fact we can't break teams down and have played well only a handful of times this season and got knocked out diddy cup by part timers?

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we didn’t get given our arses handed to us by Dunfermline away or up at Dens Park. We were comprehensively beaten in both those games. That’s a scudding. For 50 - 60 minutes against Raith we were second best by a considerable margin.

Even some of the games we’ve won, we were fortunate to do so. Dunfermline at home and Arbroath away spring to mind. 

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

My sister could do better

I know people make flippant comments like that, heck, I've done it myself but in reality she couldn't do better could she. 

10 hours ago, Rannoch said:

So needs to be ruthless and once the Championship has been won ditch him.

yes. 

10 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

But she won't, 

true

6 hours ago, airthjambo said:

Manager of a team that has 1 win in 2021, 64% posession today & lost 4-0?

What has possession stats got to do with anything? Liverpool had 71% yesterday. 

Leveins Battalion

After having slept on it and still a bit hungover I have woke up feckin livid at what is still happening at our club.

Its beyond farcical at what has been allowed to manifest.

The whole club is riddled.

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Of course it’s embarrassing, in a football sense. 

We are embarrassing ourselves in the Championship and I’m sorry, I look at the SPL table and see hibs clear in 3rd place and heading to Europe. As a Hearts fan, that matters whether you like it or not. 

If not Neilson, who? Only one man for the job.

I still hold hold out hope that John Robertson (only seen him mentioned once) will one day get a ‘proper’ chance to manage Hearts. He’s 57 this year so it’ll have to be soon.

Some will say that ship has sailed because he has had his shot. I don’t think the good ship Heart of Midlothian under the command of Robbo was even allowed to launch. Some folk clamouring for Sergio, against whom Robbo’s record stands up and whose Hearts side failed to score in something like 16 out of 35 league games.

Robbo also managed Hearts in a time of major upheaval, losing players like de Vries and Maybury (cheers, Craig) and, with Russian interference, still managed wins at Basel, Parkhead, Pittodrie and probably more, like Kilmarnock in the cup. Shafted by a dodgy ref (Dougie McDonald) at Ibrox, when Boumsong assaulted MdV and only received a yellow, and a linesman (Davis) at Tynecastle in games v Rangers. Didn’t win v Hibs admittedly but gave them a doing at Tynecastle for an hour before player error intervened. At ER, I think we drew the New Year game and in the post split game we somehow didn’t get a penalty and a red card when Colgan rugby tackled Lee Miller in a 2-2 draw. Two semi finals, attacking football, a proper passion (he doesn’t miss his players if they’ve been shit and he even kicks other managers!) and Hearts through and through. 

Let the wee man prove, without radge interference, that he does (or indeed does not) have what it takes to sort the football side of this club. I know for a fact that Scot Gardiner was delighted Ann (and ****ing Craig) appointed Robbie in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

After having slept on it and still a bit hungover I have woke up feckin livid at what is still happening at our club.

Its beyond farcical at what has been allowed to manifest.

The whole club is riddled.

I left it alone last night because I’ve said everything I want to say about Robbie over the last few months. 

Exhausted by Robbie and the players. Exhausted by his bullshit. Exhausted by the club drifting into irrelevance. 

Needs changed. Can wait til the summer but Ann needs to step aside and Robbie needs to go. That’s all. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I left it alone last night because I’ve said everything I want to say about Robbie over the last few months. 

Exhausted by Robbie and the players. Exhausted by his bullshit. Exhausted by the club drifting into irrelevance. 

Needs changed. Can wait til the summer but Ann needs to step aside and Robbie needs to go. That’s all. 

Never going to happen Robbie will be there for a while yet regardless 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Correct. Both need to leave after this season is over. We are a shambles. We reap hundreds of thousands extra cash a year from fans and offer no value for money, so why do we bother? The amount we have blown on utter duds is beyond belief, the list appears endless.

With the squad we have we should be 10 to 15 points clear, not half a dozen or so(assuming others win games in hand).

Sick of hearing Robbies excuses, last week rubbish surface which slowed us down as we needed 2 touches, so what the **** was wrong yesterday?? He cannot make us take our chances but from 13 corners we achieved nowt, cant remember the last time we looked a threat from them.

Anyway, on to inverness, rant over.

Fluorescent Adolescent

Folk getting themselves worked up would be better served channeling their energy elsewhere.

He isn’t leaving, he isn’t getting sacked. He’ll be Hearts manager for the foreseeable.

14 hours ago, Gambo said:

Keep the applications wee clear of Ann's desk and let Savage sort through them.

What is Savage’s track record re signings over his career as a chief scout, sporting director? %age of recommendations that turned out as good as, or better , than expected? 

complete control
15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Never going to happen Robbie will be there for a while yet regardless 

The guy is under no pressure at all while mrs budge is owner. Hopefully a conference team comes in for him and he bolts again.