• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

Malinga the Swinga
38 minutes ago, David Black said:

No one from Scottish football. Go foreign, someone with good English and someone who brings new and innovative coaching skills. Pay more than we normally would and we will reap the benefits for years to come. We have been in a rut for years and the only glimmer of hope was Stendel. That is the route to go. 

Go for someone like Stendel, and see if they can replicate the complete and utter failure that he brought to club. 

He might bring couple of ridiculous signings from abroad and insist in playing a goalkeeper who has never saved a shot. 

Can't we just win league and be satisfied. 

7 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

There’s no point in replacing Neilson if Budge is appointing his successor. It’ll be a case of same shit, different face. Root and branch change is needed but that will come only after she decides she’s had enough. 😞

Craig leiven made it clear that he advised budge to get neolso back.

Jeffros Furios
53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can we just have a section in JKB called "next manager oot!"

Save  multiple threads being formed, some that last for years after string months into a mere few into a managers tenure.

Folk could go to town and rip the current manager however they see fit without clogging up the board with threads discussing the same repetitive shite.

Stick to the Hibs interloper ! 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go for someone like Stendel, and see if they can replicate the complete and utter failure that he brought to club. 

He might bring couple of ridiculous signings from abroad and insist in playing a goalkeeper who has never saved a shot. 

Or give the guy a pre season and see what he can achieve? 

Things are not going to get any better under Neilson. We will be struggling in the bottom half next season assuming we get promoted.

I would love to know what his amazing vision is that GMS was so impressed by... sounds a bit like Levein's 5 year plan. Stick with me and I will take you to the promised land one day.

Reappointing Neilson was a mistake. Should have gone for someone in the same mould as Steve Clarke. A good coach, with experience and the ambition to challenge the Old Firm. He could be tempted back to club football after the Euros - he must be bored stiff! - but I guess Celtic will be after him. 

Unfortunately, paying off Neilson and his staff will be expensive and I can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It’s beyond funny now how low our club has sunk,years and years of woeful mismanagement repeated again and again,new manager,new CEO,new Sporting Director and the same pish still being produced.

We’re not any lower than we were 6 months ago. In fact potentially higher. 

50 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

As long as Budge isn’t involved in the selection process. One thing certain though he is a hopeless manager nobody can surely dispute that. 

Disagree. He walked the Championship with us, Hibs and Rangers. Is that your definition of Hopeless?  

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bitterness to Budge?She has precided over the most embarrassing period in my 38 years supporting Hearts.

You really can't be serious....most embarassing period in 38 years?  Talk about a drama queen

Wonder how much we have improved since Livingston, yes Livingston, demolished us 5-0. If we were to play them again at their ground, how would we fare?

I'd like to think we'd put them in their place.  The reality however would probably be very different and this is Livingston we're talking about.

TheOnlyWayis51

He's picked up an absolute poisioned chalice of a job, but if he doesn't keep them up then I'm still impressed with what Tommy Wright did at St Johnstone. They're a pishy wee club, barely a thousandth the size of what we do and should be battling for relegation in this league, but are/were never an easy game and he brought the best out of some of his players and as soon as he built them up, the board sold them.

Give him a team where he can bring his players in and actually keep them and he'd do well. Of that I have no doubt.

Just now, Gards said:

You really can't be serious....most embarassing period in 38 years?  Talk about a drama queen

You might not agree but we’ve just been demoted to the championship after she sat back and watched us in relegation form for nearly two years then appointed a manager who done as badly as the guy she just sacked after she failed to secure his assistants and didn’t give him the advice or support he clearly needed in arguably the most important transfer window for years. It’s not great is it? Especially considering the cash we’ve all piled in. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Gards said:

We have been humped by Dundee and Raith and drew our last few games against Ayr (penalty) Qots last minute penalty and at home to one of the worst teams I have ever seen at Tynecastle today.

Papped out the cup by Alloa.

We are stuck in the championship and things are grim.

5 minutes ago, Gards said:

I'm struggling to think of a less embarrassing period in the last 38 years... Struggling.

12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I would love to know what his amazing vision is that GMS was so impressed by... sounds a bit like Levein's 5 year plan. Stick with me and I will take you to the promised land one day.

I think GMS was excited by the 2.5 year plan: last decent contract in his football career and a relatively easy life here. 

From what we've seen so far there's no indication that he actually fancies it. 

I Would take 

Alex Neill (1st choice)

David martindale

Davidson at St J could be decent

Frank lampard (probably wages and status would be an issue)

Michael appleton

Robbo 

If we do decide to recruit a new manager (I'm really hoping we do now) we have to do it during the summer, we really have to do our homework this time and get someone in who is the best candidate for the job, I would prefer it if budge isn't involved in any way in the recruitment process because she tends to hinder that process rather than help, I'm almost positive it was her that wanted robbie back in the first place. Somethings got to give, I'm just sick of what we are being served up, It's not good enough. That might come across as arrogant, but ffs we are heart of midlothian, not musselburgh athletic or some junior mob, we are supposed to be one of the biggest football clubs in Scotland! Need to start showing it again or we will end up being a non entity.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Gards said:

Sigh - most embarassing in 38 years....really think a sense of realism needs to kick in on this board.

Well name a more embarrassing period?

We are all ears.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where was that quoted?

In an interview on tv.levein says he had spoken to neilson,and neilson indicated he would like to go back to hearts  (can't remember the exact conversation)interviewer asked him if he had advised budge to go for him he raised his eyebrows and gave a half smile.

Just now, ctc said:

In an interview on tv.levein says he had spoken to neilson,and neilson indicated he would like to go back to hearts  (can't remember the exact conversation)interviewer asked him if he had advised budge to go for him he raised his eyebrows and gave a half smile.

Ah, I see. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’re not any lower than we were 6 months ago. In fact potentially higher. 

We are a lot lower than we were in the 60’s. No manager of Hearts then would have survived with today’s performance. Most Hearts supporters say we are the third force in Scottish football and that’s what the support expects. Today was another feeble performance that showed we are regressing not going forward.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well name a more embarrassing period?

We are all ears.

What about the year we were deducted 15 points for going into administration and relegated because we were being run into the ground by a Russian crook?  Thought that was pretty embarrasing tbh....and that's just recent times.

1 minute ago, Gards said:

What about the year we were deducted 15 points for going into administration and relegated because we were being run into the ground by a Russian crook?  Thought that was pretty embarrasing tbh....and that's just recent times.

Russian crook?? You are talking like a Hobo. Vlad went bust due to the financial crisis. So did the RBS, Bank Scotland but they were bailed out by the taxpayer. That’s the reality.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Gards said:

Nah that wasn't embarrassing at all,went to every game home and away that season,what we had was a United fan base fighting to save this club,the birth of the FOH,never been prouder to be a Hearts fan.

Attended numerous fund raising events to save this club also,the shower in charge of HMFC just now have no excuses except their excuses.Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Embarrasing from the owner yes, but the players showed more fight and guts that season than our current bunch have this season and in all honesty i would seriously fancy that team to beat our current lot comfortably.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Russian crook?? You are talking like a Hobo. Vlad went bust due to the financial crisis. So did the RBS, Bank Scotland but they were bailed out by the taxpayer. That’s the reality.

Feck your Hobo chat right now.  Vlad was a crook - we all knew and and he knew it...we loved it because of the success we got.  He's not got an arrest warrant out for him for nothing.  But don't fling that Hobo shite in my direction pal.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah that wasn't embarrassing at all,went to every game home and away that season,what we had was a United fan base fighting to save this club,the birth of the FOH,never been prouder to be a Hearts fan.

Attended numerous fund raising events to save this club also,the shower in charge of HMFC just now have no excuses except their excuses.Pathetic.

In your opinion, you don't think that final year of Vlad and what we went througb as a club wasn't embarrassing.  In my opinion it was more embarassing compared to where we are now....so it's all about opinions.

Fort Vallance

Stevie Wonder could see what that team is lacking. I'd take anybody that doesn't have the defensive mentality that's engrained in the current regime. 

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

We are a lot lower than we were in the 60’s. No manager of Hearts then would have survived with today’s performance. Most Hearts supporters say we are the third force in Scottish football and that’s what the support expects. Today was another feeble performance that showed we are regressing not going forward.

Really, we had some poor seasons in the 60s. Finished second in 64/65 and many seasons of low positions after that. Mercer had us finishing third in the second tier in his first season but thankfully we didn’t call for his head. 

Half the problem is we always try and go for someone with a Hearts background, this is the mistake we keep repeating 

Id go for Jim Goodwin, it’s obvious he is a manager whose career is on the rise, he knows how to build and organise a team, much like JJ, excellent man manager

No one is ever going to take the league from the old firm, forget that idea, that’s never ever happening in this lifetime 

But we can certainly strive to be best of the rest.

ferenc puskas

10 points ahead. All the other teams taking points off each other. Hearts will walk the league. So many jumpy c☆nts on here its awful. Mostly youngsters i expect.

There seems to be a feeling that we have a divine right. Maybe that comes from kids that grew up in the Romanov era. (Which was a fantasy). 

In the old days it was a struggle to get back up. Not now...

58 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, because it is the acceptance of doing the minimum that has got us where we are. You cannot seriously compare the circumstances of DS and RN. That is crazy.

The problem is we went for the Neilson that he used to be when he left us, but it's brutally clear he's badly regressed as a manager since then and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of getting back to that level.

We have discussed in the past what we should do with the £ 1.5 million we pay into the club each year. Should it go towards the upkeep of the stadium, the transfer budget, or we could allocate £ 500000 to £ 750000 towards an experienced foreign coach. That is 50 to 75% of the total monies. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't think it is even a question while so far ahead in truth. 

Angry people make most noise in general society. 

Biggest concern for me, its becoming a poisoned chalice. Going through managers for fun, not a good look. 

Worry for me, nothing will ever satisfy this group of people, ever

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Very much this. 

If you recall we sacked Willie Ormond when top of the league. It is actually a good time to do so, unlike the situation DS inherited.

ferenc puskas
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think it is even a question while so far ahead in truth. 

Angry people make most noise in general society. 

Biggest concern for me, its becoming a poisoned chalice. Going through managers for fun, not a good look. 

Worry for me, nothing will ever satisfy this group of people, ever

I agree its kinda mad all this replace the manager when were 10 points ahead.

ferenc puskas
11 minutes ago, David Black said:

If you recall we sacked Willie Ormond when top of the league. It is actually a good time to do so, unlike the situation DS inherited.

Were you around when we sacked Willie Ormond? Willie was sadly an alcoholic at that time. ' just take them for a run round the park'.

49 minutes ago, Gards said:

That team would have humped Morton today by 5 goals minimum because they were motivated.

Just now, Rannoch said:

That team would have humped Morton today by 5 goals minimum because they were motivated.

You don't know that.  A Robbie team the season after put 10 past Cowdenbeath....it's all ifs buts and maybes.

45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Really, we had some poor seasons in the 60s. Finished second in 64/65 and many seasons of low positions after that. Mercer had us finishing third in the second tier in his first season but thankfully we didn’t call for his head. 

My recollection watching hearts then is we competed against some really good teams. For the record Wallace Mercer turned the the club round after years of financial feckups.