If not Neilson who?

Leveins Battalion

SomethingAboutObua
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

aberdeen were absolutely dogshit for 30 years before he arrived. I’d take what they’ve had

Yes and no for me, he gets teams actually to 3rd in the top flight, but he doesn't take the Old Firm games seriously enough for the fans which are Aberdeen fans' (one way) derbies, folk went mental about Neilson not taking the Hibs games seriously imagine McInnes levels of it. More importantly his football's meant to be similar to Neilson's...

He's only won one League cup with them and one losing Scottish cup final, not sure he's worth the £700,000 a year they say he's on right now.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not "happy", I never wanted him back but you're going to have to accept no club will sack a manger when sitting top of the league. 

OK, apart from Chelsea 😄

Very much this. 

It's a pointless discussion. 

Neilson is going nowhere unless we fail to go up as champions and that isn't happening. What I will say though is that I don't think she will be as hesitant to pull the trigger should things not go our way next season.

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Alex Neill. 

Most interesting realistic suggestion, but is the style of play decent? I think McInnes would have been a good shout after Cathro or Neilson 1., but the style of play has been so bad for so long (bar Stendel) I think it's got to be one of the most important factors in the recruitment for the next boss, even if Neilson leaves in 3 years time.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Right so who is happy with the current management at HMFC?

Who is happy with how Ann Budge has run our club the last 5 years? 

We are an absolute laughing stock.

Happy with both. 

Leveins Battalion

It’s beyond funny now how low our club has sunk,years and years of woeful mismanagement repeated again and again,new manager,new CEO,new Sporting Director and the same pish still being produced.

Berra than you
25 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

It will be better than what we’re subjected to now. He would at least set us up properly, train the players properly. Send them out to win.  

I'd disagree with that last part. We aren't good enough right now and Robbie isn't looking like the guy to take is to where we want to be. McInnes is a very defensive manager though and whilst we would be well organised I think we would be turgid. Dons fans haven't been enamored with him for a good while.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You are at the ham or a Hibs fan.

100% Jambo. 
get over your bitterness to Budge. Did she take your Union Jack away or something? 

She has accepted her errors, got rid of Levein, brought in some football knowledge. Tried to fight the corrupt authorities,  “Ponied up” again and again.

what more do you want?  Knock the new stand down, tear up the pitch and re-appoint Levein then sack him quickly?    

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It’s beyond funny now how low our club has sunk,years and years of woeful mismanagement repeated again and again,new manager,new CEO,new Sporting Director and the same pish still being produced.

Nothing has been learned. 

If you don't learn from your mistakes they're sure to be repeated.

47 minutes ago, ctc said:

Jane.she's 70 years old, the office cleaner at my old work or my wife.none of them have got a clue.but they both think we're shite.

They'd be right

Unsurprisingly they see more than some on here

16 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Neilson has as decent a record in the SPL as McInnes, at this point.

The only reason to switch to him would be if he played more attractive football, which I don't think any Aberdeen fan would tell you is true.

I think we need to look outside of Scotland if we want something different to be honest.

Yep.

Someone with absolutely no connection 

No ex player

Someone to come in and start from the ground up.

I genuinely think the fans would give someone time as long as there were signs we were going in the right direction 

Sadly Robbie is tarnished by his relationship with Levein for a lot of fans.

Performances are, more often than not very boring to watch and the team lacks bite, fight and passion

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Sid said:

100% Jambo. 
get over your bitterness to Budge. Did she take your Union Jack away or something? 

She has accepted her errors, got rid of Levein, brought in some football knowledge. Tried to fight the corrupt authorities,  “Ponied up” again and again.

what more do you want?  Knock the new stand down, tear up the pitch and re-appoint Levein then sack him quickly?    

Bitterness to Budge?She has precided over the most embarrassing period in my 38 years supporting Hearts.

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I'd disagree with that last part. We aren't good enough right now and Robbie isn't looking like the guy to take is to where we want to be. McInnes is a very defensive manager though and whilst we would be well organised I think we would be turgid. Dons fans haven't been enamored with him for a good while.

McInnes probably should have left the sheep a few seasons ago and it could be argued he should have won more with them. 

Just feel we could be a good fit. It would separate us and be a fresh start from the Levein/Neilson era. He’ll still be motivated and we might provide the platform for him to succeed. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bitterness to Budge?She has precided over the most embarrassing period in my 38 years supporting Hearts.

Yawn. Move it over to a Budge thread where no-one wants to hear the pish you insist on repeating its boring as.  And irrelevant. It’s actually unanimous everyone has had enough of your repetition. 
38 years and going into admin is not worse than Budge’s rein?  Enough said. 

Alex Neil would be fantastic. I would take Robinson. I would take Goodwin as well, there I said it.

I'd take anyone who isn't a monotone shitebag. And I feel bad in saying that due to the service he's given our club. I don't get the impression he would inspire players tbh and he sets up worrying about the opposition.

I said it last season, it's a disgrace that I'm a Hearts fan who is jealous of your Hamilton's and St Mirren's. All I want is for players to give 100% and do it with a bit of purpose and teamwork.

Nobody in that team could give a **** about each other or our club.

Berra than you
9 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

McInnes probably should have left the sheep a few seasons ago and it could be argued he should have won more with them. 

Just feel we could be a good fit. It would separate us and be a fresh start from the Levein/Neilson era. He’ll still be motivated and we might provide the platform for him to succeed. 

Yeah in the past I've felt he could be, only put off by the way things are going for him now. Guess you never know really unless it ever happens 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Sid said:

Yawn. Move it over to a Budge thread where no-one wants to hear the pish you insist on repeating its boring as.  And irrelevant. It’s actually unanimous everyone has had enough of your repetition. 

Everyone.

:rofl:

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Alex Neil would be fantastic. I would take Robinson. I would take Goodwin as well, there I said it.

I'd take anyone who isn't a monotone shitebag. And I feel bad in saying that due to the service he's given our club. I don't get the impression he would inspire players tbh and he sets up worrying about the opposition.

I said it last season, it's a disgrace that I'm a Hearts fan who is jealous of your Hamilton's and St Mirren's. All I want is for players to give 100% and do it with a bit of purpose and teamwork.

Nobody in that team could give a **** about each other or our club.

We have become a well run corporation where employees are well looked after,sadly in a sporting sense we have lost any sort of pride.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

At least in admin we had a bunch of young boys who fought for the club 100%.

31 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

It's a pointless discussion. 

Neilson is going nowhere unless we fail to go up as champions and that isn't happening. What I will say though is that I don't think she will be as hesitant to pull the trigger should things not go our way next season.

He will get 2/3 month’s maximum next season and will be out of a job I think. Just getting nowhere near enough out the players and still can’t pick a system that works for the players we have. 

Bazzas right boot

Can we just have a section in JKB called "next manager oot!"

Save  multiple threads being formed, some that last for years after string months into a mere few into a managers tenure.

Folk could go to town and rip the current manager however they see fit without clogging up the board with threads discussing the same repetitive shite.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He will get 2/3 month’s maximum next season and will be out of a job I hope. Just getting nowhere near enough out the players and still can’t pick a system that works for the players we have. 

Ftfy

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can we just have a section in JKB called "next manager oot!"

Save  multiple threads being formed, some that last for years after string months into a mere few into a managers tenure.

Folk could go to town and rip the current manager however they see fit without clogging up the board with threads discussing the same repetitive shite.

You surely cannot be happy with what we are watching?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ftfy

If he gets longer than that I will be very surprised. We will be near the bottom of the league unless he gets to bring 7 of 8 players in. Even then going by this seasons dross I hope it’s not him that signs the players. I hope I’m wrong but he has just not got it I’m afraid. 

No one from Scottish football. Go foreign, someone with good English and someone who brings new and innovative coaching skills. Pay more than we normally would and we will reap the benefits for years to come. We have been in a rut for years and the only glimmer of hope was Stendel. That is the route to go. 

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

No one from Scottish football. Go foreign, someone with good English and someone who brings new and innovative coaching skills. Pay more than we normally would and we will reap the benefits for years to come. We have been in a rut for years and the only glimmer of hope was Stendel. That is the route to go. 

This 

we need to be paying a manager 500-750k a year about 15K a week cut the playing budget accordingly the manager makes all the difference in motivation training and they should command respect 

13 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He will get 2/3 month’s maximum next season and will be out of a job I think. Just getting nowhere near enough out the players and still can’t pick a system that works for the players we have. 

I dunno man, I still think we'll do alright next season. We won't be playing every game against teams who sit 10 or 11 players behind the ball for starters. We've controlled pretty much every game we've played but we struggle to break down a 10 man defence. Its not been pretty and our final product needs to be far better. If it doesn't go our way though he'll be out of a job by the start of November, Budge is definitely not going to give him a massive amount of time. She won't risk another potential relegation fight.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

As long as Budge isn’t involved in the selection process. One thing certain though he is a hopeless manager nobody can surely dispute that. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You surely cannot be happy with what we are watching?

I don't think he understands football.

Unanimous? I don't want Neilson sacked, and I know plenty who don't.

Sure, watching us is ****ing murder, but honestly, what is wrong with our fans? We've won 12 out of 17 games this season.

This season has shown more than ever, that believe it or not, they don't just play football for our enjoyment.

No idea. I’m still hoping Robbie makes it bur when a manager starts to say one thing yet do another I start to have serious doubts. Every team suffers dips in form, even in poor leagues but he seems stuck in his ways already. Needs to adapt and be more proactive in his approach. 

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Alex Neil would be #1 choice if it was possible

I very much doubt he would come to a 

small club like us Preston have more ambition.

I also must say Alex Neil would be an excellent appointment 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not "happy", I never wanted him back but you're going to have to accept no club will sack a manger when sitting top of the league. 

OK, apart from Chelsea 😄

Burley?

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

Stephen Robinson?

Callum Davidson?

Derick McInnes?

Jim Goodwin?

Unanimous my backside. The vocal minority who pollute every thread on here with same negative pish are the same ones who are on Facebook and Twitter. Doubt they have even watched game. 

The vast majority of supporters will wait till end of season and if we get promoted, will be happy. 

30 minutes ago, David Black said:

Agree 100%. 

Alex Neil would be a perfectly acceptable choice.

Much lower profile but I've always been impressed by Allan Johnston. Working away on  a shoestring.  And I genuinely think it helps if you know what good football is because you played it.

Edited by Riccarton3

We all seem to want a manager that brings in a total new style of football and a completely different approach to how we attack and use the ball. 

We actually had that with Stendel.  It was very obvious what he was wanting to do, but the problem was the players he had at his disposal were the same shite that we had all along.  A new manager isn't just some magic wand that makes pish into champagne overnight. 

With the way things are, a total overhaul could mean things get worse before they get better, meaning we lose games and end up in the Bottom 6 or worse. A new manager might get it wrong, and we end up worse than we currently are. 

Could you imagine the ****ing state of this place if that happened? Hearts fans are some of the most torn-faced moaning bar stewards out there, at least most of the ones online are.  Anything less than total perfection would be met with the same nonsense that Neilson gets. 

It didn't work with Cathro, who was a totally different kind of approach to anything tried in the past.  It didn't work with Levein, was was "stick with tried and tested management style". It didn't work with Stendel, who was a "interesting, attacking European style manager". 

It is sort of working with Neilson, but when the **** is it going to end?  We can't just keep chopping and changing managers every 6 months. Someone needs a good run, and we also need to stop wasting time and money on absolutely shite past-it players. The real focus shoud not be on who is managing the team, but the signing policy that we have at this club.  We are far too happy to top up someone's pension fund, or try and treat someone who has been plagued with injuries for their whole career. We need to get back to signing the best that we can afford, that are tried and tested, and stop dipping our toes in all sorts of other markets. 

Neilson will see out the season and will win the championship.

The big problem is next season. The current performances certainly don't fill me with confidence. I worry where we would be in the top flight just now.

Every poor performance this season gives neilson less breathing space next season.

the firsts defeat at home next season, hopefully with fans in, will be chaos. 

There’s no point in replacing Neilson if Budge is appointing his successor. It’ll be a case of same shit, different face. Root and branch change is needed but that will come only after she decides she’s had enough. 😞