If not Neilson who?

Leveins Battalion

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Although most of the 1st team were signed by Robbie. 

This is wrong. At the start of the season most of the team were not his singings. In our best early season performances I quoted - Dundee, Hibs and Celtic - it was mostly a team made up of non-Neilson signings. He's only just now starting to build his own squad.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• Ethan Hunt

• Bazzas right boot

• The Grim Reaper

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There’s no point mate. He’s at best selective, at worst delusional.

I'm stating facts. In the cup final 8 of the starting 11 were not signed by Neilson. Of the 16 that played the game, only 5 were Neilson signings. He got more out of the existing players than both Levein and Stendel. The difference is he augmented them with key signings in crucial areas like Ginnelly, Gordon and Kingsley. Must be a good manager yes?

And in terms of goals and assists it was Neilson signings that had the biggest impact in that game - Kingsley, Ginnelly and Halliday.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You said I was wrong saying Neilson inherited most of his squad. It's a fact that he did, just like Stendel.

Every manager inherits the previous incumbents squad. That’s how it works!!

At the risk of repeating myself by the time the first league game came around eight of seventeen players in the matchday squad were signed by Neilson. Regardless of what he inherited, he had the opportunity to keep who he wanted/required, and sign some of his own players. He had more financial backing than the majority of other managers in Scotland.

He has now signed twelve players. He has had two transfer windows to get rid of who he wanted to, and to bring in his own players. He has had the opportunity to bring in players to fit his ‘system’ and develop the “Hearts style of play” he has talked about. Despite this we are, in general, rank.

I see nothing to suggest we are improving. We are winning a league we should be winning, except we are winning it in a style and manner that has not met favour with a very large section of support. I see no progress.  I see nothing to suggest that we will do anything but toil next year, with Neilson bringing out his excuses playbook to try and explain it all away.

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm stating facts. In the cup final 8 of the starting 11 were not signed by Neilson. Of the 16 that played the game, only 5 were Neilson signings. He got more out of the existing players than both Levein and Stendel. The difference is he augmented them with key signings in crucial areas like Ginnelly, Gordon and Kingsley. Must be a good manager yes?

And in terms of goals and assists it was Neilson signings that had the biggest impact in that game - Kingsley, Ginnelly and Halliday.

Great facts. Now, to prove your not selective, and you state facts, can you give me a break down of the defeats to Dunfermline, Dundee, Raith and Alloa. Please tell me how he got more out of the existing players in those games, and how he managed us to defeat despite the augmentation of key signings in crucial areas. Despite those embarrassing defeats and performances he still must be a good manager no?

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Great facts. Now, to prove your not selective, and you state facts, can you give me a break down of the defeats to Dunfermline, Dundee, Raith and Alloa. Please tell me how he got more out of the existing players in those games, and how he managed us to defeat despite the augmentation of key signings in crucial areas. Despite those embarrassing defeats and performances he still must be a good manager no?

No I'm not going to do that because football is about the season as a whole. Every manager has bad performances, embarrassing defeats, slumps, bad signings, etc. Our very best managers have had much, much worse and more embarrassing defeats and have signed much worse players. I'm sure you, as a keen Hearts fan, can immediately call up examples of that. I'll give you time to have a look at wikipedia.

Edited by ToqueJambo

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I'm not going to do that because football is about the season as a whole. Every manager has bad performances, embarrassing defeats, slumps, bad signings, etc. Our very best managers have had much, much worse and more embarrassing defeats and have signed much worse players. I'm sure you, as a keen Hearts fan, can immediately call up examples of that. I'll give you time to have a look at wikipedia.

Strangely enough I didn’t think you would. As I said selective at best, you’ve certainly proved that.

Oh, and I’ll not need to look up Wikipedia to remind myself of the time we were beaten in Europe by a bunch of Maltese plumbers and waiters. Who was the manager of that embarrassing result over two legs again? 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/02/2021 at 10:46, Ethan Hunt said:

Strangely enough I didn’t think you would. As I said selective at best, you’ve certainly proved that.

Oh, and I’ll not need to look up Wikipedia to remind myself of the time we were beaten in Europe by a bunch of Maltese plumbers and waiters. Who was the manager of that embarrassing result over two legs again? 

I was more thinking of Doddie, Joe Jordan, Levein #1, Burley, Sergio and JJ - but it's no surprise your memories of Hearts only seems to go back a few years.

To your question on the Matese plumbers and waiters, Slaven Bilic was I believe West Ham's manager when they couldn't beat them the year or so before we played them with much bigger resources than Robbie Neilson had. Embarrassing indeed for the Hammers. Needed penalties to go through. To be fair West ham scored theirs while Bauben missed ours. Them's the breaks.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/33609404

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I was more thinking of Doddie, Joe Jordan, Levein #1, Burley, Sergio and JJ - but it's no surprise your memories of Hearts only seems to go back a few years.

To your question on the Matese plumbers and waiters, Slaven Bilic was I believe West Ham's manager when they couldn't beat them the year or so before we played them with much bigger resources than Robbie Neilson had. Embarrassing indeed for the Hammers. Needed penalties to go through. To be fair West ham scored theirs while Bauben missed ours. Them's the breaks.

I’ve supported Hearts for 50 years which - given your juvenile attitude - I’d guess is considerably longer than you.  Your pish poor attempts at trying to make me out not to be a Hearts supporter are exactly that, pish poor. You crack on though, you’re only making an arse of yourself and I actually like the fact that that would appear to be all you have in your locker.

As for West Ham - I’ll not bother with the link - frankly who cares?! 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Justifying the defeat to Birkirkara because some other team, who couldn't give a shit about Europe, nearly came a cropper. Deary me, I've seen it all on here now. Surely that was all the more reason to ensure we didn't make a shop front of it?

I was in Malta for the Scotland game a month after Hearts were there and I got tore a new one by mainly Celtic supporting ex-pats who told me the Maltese League was on a par with the Lowland League. That was clearly a bit of an exaggeration but having seen them for myself, I'm sure they'd struggle to survive in The Championship here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I love all this crystal ball shit. Guaranteed those with the incredible vision never get a prediction correct 

18 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Justifying the defeat to Birkirkara because some other team, who couldn't give a shit about Europe, nearly came a cropper. Deary me, I've seen it all on here now. Surely that was all the more reason to ensure we didn't make a shop front of it?

I was in Malta for the Scotland game a month after Hearts were there and I got tore a new one by mainly Celtic supporting ex-pats who told me the Maltese League was on a par with the Lowland League. That was clearly a bit of an exaggeration but having seen them for myself, I'm sure they'd struggle to survive in The Championship here.

At the time getting knocked out by a team of Maltese taxi drivers and plumbers was not just the biggest embarrassment in Hearts European adventures but the worst in Scottish football in my opinion. Rangers have since went onto take that title when the team from Luxembourg put them out and I am entirely grateful. Cheers lads 👏

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Doesn't change the fact they took an EPL side to the wire.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

At the time getting knocked out by a team of Maltese taxi drivers and plumbers was not just the biggest embarrassment in Hearts European adventures but the worst in Scottish football in my opinion. Rangers have since went onto take that title when the team from Luxembourg put them out and I am entirely grateful. Cheers lads 👏

More embarrassing than Hibs 9-0 defeat to a team the finished 3rd in Sweden's league? Or Celtic vs Artmedia, Maribo, Malmo and Red Imps? Or Rangers vs Kaunas and Malmo and several others since? Or Aberdeen almost every season they're in Europe under McInnes? Ok then..

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve supported Hearts for 50 years which - given your juvenile attitude - I’d guess is considerably longer than you.  Your pish poor attempts at trying to make me out not to be a Hearts supporter are exactly that, pish poor. You crack on though, you’re only making an arse of yourself and I actually like the fact that that would appear to be all you have in your locker.

As for West Ham - I’ll not bother with the link - frankly who cares?! 

You might *think* you're a supporter. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

🤦‍♂️

Can only judge you by what you're like on here, which doesn't fall into most people's definition of a supporter.

Man, what must you be like when we *really* get into trouble when this is what you're like when we're the top scoring team in Scottish football, have recently beaten Hibs and taken Celtic to the wire in the cup against all the odds, and are comfortably winning a league we must win. And all this after probably the worst 3 year spell Hearts have had in some time when we couldn't buy a win for at least a year.

Edited by ToqueJambo

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More embarrassing than Hibs 9-0 defeat to a team the finished 3rd in Sweden's league? Or Celtic vs Artmedia, Maribo, Malmo and Red Imps? Or Rangers vs Kaunas and Malmo and several others since? Or Aberdeen almost every season they're in Europe under McInnes? Ok then..

Yes worse than all of them. Regardless of the score wether it be 9-0 or knocked out on penalties it doesn’t matter. Knocked out is knocked out over 2 legs. That in my opinion was the worst. Aberdeen haven’t been beaten by plumbers and taxi drivers who train twice a week. Artmedia, Maribor and Malmo have all contributed and competed well at some level in Europe over the past 15 years or so. Just for the record who did Red Imps knock out? Can’t recall them knocking a Scottish team out of Europe. If I’ve missed that I hugely apologise, as you are right that would have been the worst in Scottish football.

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Yes worse than all of them. Regardless of the score wether it be 9-0 or knocked out on penalties it doesn’t matter. Knocked out is knocked out over 2 legs. That in my opinion was the worst. Aberdeen haven’t been beaten by plumbers and taxi drivers who train twice a week. Artmedia, Maribor and Malmo have all contributed and competed well at some level in Europe over the past 15 years or so. Just for the record who did Red Imps knock out? Can’t recall them knocking a Scottish team out of Europe. If I’ve missed that I hugely apologise, as you are right that would have been the worst in Scottish football.

Aberdeen have lost to such giants as Kairat, Rijeka, Maribor and Apollon Limassol in recent years. All deeply embarrassing defeats. None of them had taken a team like West Ham to penalties the year before playing Aberdeen from what I can see. Neilson at least has the excuse of being a complete beginner at European level.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aberdeen have lost to such giants as Kairat, Rijeka, Maribor and Apollon Limassol in recent years. All deeply embarrassing defeats. None of them had taken a team like West Ham to penalties the year before playing Aberdeen from what I can see. Neilson at least has the excuse of being a complete beginner at European level.

That's some level of spin. I reckon that post would make Alastair Campbell blush. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

That's some level of spin. I reckon that post would make Alastair Campbell blush. 

True though. Aberdeen have been abysmal in Europe with multiple opportunities. So I'm OK with not banging on about our manager with virtually zero European experience losing a game in July after we miss a penalty and hit woodwork god knows how many times it was in that tie. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve supported Hearts for 50 years

You'll remember the defeats in 1982 under Alex McDonald then.  To Motherwell, Forfar (Scottish Cup), St Johnstone, Falkirk, Clydebank, Dumbarton & Motherwell again.  And that's just before the season ended in 1982.

At least by 1983 he'd sorted things out and we managed to get draws at home with Clydebank on our way to securing promotion.

That guy must've been a good manager, eh?

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

True though. Aberdeen have been abysmal in Europe with multiple opportunities. So I'm OK with not banging on about our manager with virtually zero European experience losing a game in July after we miss a penalty and hit woodwork god knows how many times it was in that tie. 

Last time i checked though toque we are Heart of Midlothian not Aberdeen?. 

So why the comparison?. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You'll remember the defeats in 1982 under Alex McDonald then.  To Motherwell, Forfar (Scottish Cup), St Johnstone, Falkirk, Clydebank, Dumbarton & Motherwell again.  And that's just before the season ended in 1982.

At least by 1983 he'd sorted things out and we managed to get draws at home with Clydebank on our way to securing promotion.

Alex Macdonald, the guy who signed Craig Levein thus setting in motion a chain of events that led to our humiliating demotion last season? What has he ever done for Hearts?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So why the comparison?. 

Ask your pals talking up Aberdeen while talking down Hearts.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How have they not done better  while losing key players every season, Shinnie, Jack etc?. 

During robbies time at the club has he ever finished above Aberdeen?. 

Has he ever finished second? 

50 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So why the comparison?. 

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How have they not done better  while losing key players every season, Shinnie, Jack etc?. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes thief? 

Just thought it was funny you were appalled that a comparison was made with "irrelevant" Aberdeen, then you proceeded to make a comparison with Aberdeen.  

During McInnes time at Aberdeen has he ever finished above both Hibs & Rangers when they competed in the same division?

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You mentioned Aberdeen mate not them 😂

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Just thought it was funny you were appalled that a comparison was made with "irrelevant" Aberdeen, then you proceeded to make a comparison with Aberdeen.  

During McInnes time at Aberdeen has he ever finished above both Hibs & Rangers when they competed in the same division?

Yes he has 😂

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

You are happy enough with some comparisons then 😂

Or did you ask me so i answered? 😂😉

2016/17 2nd Aberdeen 

2017/18 2nd Aberdeen 

Good night mate let's hope Robbie can get the lads up for it on Friday 👍

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good night mate let's hope Robbie can get the lads up for it on Friday 👍

Let's hope so.  At least if Aberdeen finish 2nd again this season it wont involve Lennon doing an aeroplane.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didnt the old rangers get knocked out of the CL by Hearts Lithuanian reserves?

Tbf every Scottish team had had at least one shocker in Europe, most have a few. 

Been like that for over 20 years now. 

The national team has had a few shockers as well. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ffs, Mcinnes has been there for the best part of a decade and not had to build up a championship side each time he came in. 

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He might have done had he not jumped ship for the bright lights of Milton Keynes 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, WageThief said:

The home defeat to Montrose was literally comical. 

On 23/02/2021 at 17:12, ToqueJambo said:

This is wrong. At the start of the season most of the team were not his singings. In our best early season performances I quoted - Dundee, Hibs and Celtic - it was mostly a team made up of non-Neilson signings. He's only just now starting to build his own squad.

So what you're saying is that Neilsons 3 best achievements this season (1 of which is actually losing a cup final to an out of form team who he set up to sit back from for 45 minutes) all happened with a team that wasn't even his, and now that he's started to build his own team they've regressed to drawing with QotS and Greenock ******* Morton?

Can't wait till he gets another transfer window to continue building this team of superstars, thankfully it isn't before the end of this season or we'd be dragged to mid table going by the difference the signings have made thus far by your comparison.

2 hours ago, FTH said:

So what you're saying is that Neilsons 3 best achievements this season (1 of which is actually losing a cup final to an out of form team who he set up to sit back from for 45 minutes) all happened with a team that wasn't even his, and now that he's started to build his own team they've regressed to drawing with QotS and Greenock ******* Morton?

Can't wait till he gets another transfer window to continue building this team of superstars, thankfully it isn't before the end of this season or we'd be dragged to mid table going by the difference the signings have made thus far by your comparison.

:qqb006:

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He might have done had he not jumped ship for the bright lights of Milton Keynes 🤷‍♀️

Don't worry mate the next reply will be the killshot, Mcinnes didn't have to build a championship squad 😂

Derek mcinness not had half his squad that he built ripped apart 🤔 did he not have to build a team?. 

Here's a wee teaser but more to come for my reply for you know who, the difference between Robbie and Derek loyalty 😳

I'll be back 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Neil Dongcaster
17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You might *think* you're a supporter. 

Ethan Hunt is a total bellend but you take the biscuit. 

Do you work for the club or are you just a troll?

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can only judge you by what you're like on here, which doesn't fall into most people's definition of a supporter.

Man, what must you be like when we *really* get into trouble when this is what you're like when we're the top scoring team in Scottish football, have recently beaten Hibs and taken Celtic to the wire in the cup against all the odds, and are comfortably winning a league we must win. And all this after probably the worst 3 year spell Hearts have had in some time when we couldn't buy a win for at least a year.

If I’m judging you on what you are like on here - and I suspect that you are the same in real life - then you are more than just a bit of a slaver.

15 hours ago, WageThief said:

If your point is that Alex McDonald managed to call in favours, get some of his mates to sign for us, despite the fact that we’d been yo-yo’ing between the leagues for several years beforehand, were reduced to playing in front of crowds of 3-4 thousand, and were that skint that the players had to wash their own training gear. And, despite that he managed to turn us into a fantastic team, that brought on several home grown youngsters, nearly won the league and cup double, and made it to the quarter finals of the UEFA cup beating Bayern Munich at Tynecastle, then yes, there is no doubt that that guy was not a good manager, he was a fantastic manager.

If your point is comparing Alex McDonald to Robbie Neilson, whether it be in their managerial ability, or the circumstances they were operating in while managing Hearts then sorry, I’m having none of that.

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Does "almost beating celtic" now warrant an open top bus?

How very hibernian.

Close the thread. We have a winner. 

52 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Ethan Hunt is a total bellend but you take the biscuit. 

Do you work for the club or are you just a troll?

Now that’s funny!

18 hours ago, goldie83 said:

I’d disagree. Worst results in Europe by Scottish clubs don’t have our Maltese fiasco at the top of the list. Rangers, in a championship winning season, losing to Vlad’s reserve team Kaunas, Celtic losing to Artmedia Bratislava in a championship winning season. Both of those eclipse our result in terms of embarrassing Scottish football. Scottish clubs have been going out of the UEFA cup/Europa league to minnows for the last 20 years. 

On 23/02/2021 at 17:12, ToqueJambo said:

I’ve no idea how I missed this gem! Our best performances was when the team was made up of non Neilson signings. Some defence of Neilson that!!!

The Grim Reaper
17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve no idea how I missed this gem! Our best performances was when the team was made up of non Neilson signings. Some defence of Neilson that!!!

Yesterday he was comparing footballers to musicians. He just makes shit up as he goes along.