Prince Philip

Sooperstar

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The Pope is the supreme pontiff so he represents all Catholics so that includes all of them in the U.K. 

Indeed. Prince Philip was the Prince of everyone is the UK, not a minority of people. If the king of Ghana died there wouldn't be a minute's silence at football despite him also representing all Ghanians in the UK.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• JudyJudyJudy

• Nucky Thompson

• Shanks said no

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Indeed. Prince Philip was the Prince of everyone is the UK, not a minority of people. If the king of Ghana died there wouldn't be a minute's silence at football despite him also representing all Ghanians in the UK.

Taffin come on mate, Ghanians against the RC church in the UK. Your having a laugh.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I can see your point but there are a lot more catholic’s in the U.K. than Ghanaians 

Just out of interest there’s more than double the number in the RC church in Scotland than there is members in the Church of Scotland.

(just checked)

McGlynn The Money
6 hours ago, Jeff said:

The Pope has nothing to do with the UK in fairness

Apart from the millions of Catholics who live in the UK...

51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can see your point but there are a lot more catholic’s in the U.K. than Ghanaians 

There are, but there's not many. It's a minority group. If you start having minutes silences at football for everyone who c.10% of the population care about and aren't relevant to football, you'll have 5 or 6 silences every game.

Edited by Taffin

Swahili Jambo
35 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Just out of interest there’s more than double the number in the RC church in Scotland than there is members in the Church of Scotland.

(just checked)

Where did you check?  

Why not go to Andrew as the next eldest non monarch son of PP when Charles accedes to the thrown?

Edited by DETTY29

John Findlay
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Why not go to Andrew as the next eldest non monarch son of PP when Charles accedes to the thrown?

I would imagine it's because he is already the Duke Of York.

Shanks said no

Scottish Census 2011

8 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Church of Scotland and RC website.

Table 3.1: Religion in Scotland, 2011

Number
(Thousands)

Percentage

All people

No religion

Church of Scotland

Roman Catholic

Religion not stated

Other Christian

Muslim

Hindu

Other religion

Buddhist

Sikh

Jewish

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I would imagine it's because he is already the Duke Of York.

Did think that, but Charles already has several dukedoms.

Edit - or is it earldoms?

Edited by DETTY29

John Findlay
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Did think that, but Charles already has several dukedoms.

I think some duke titles like Edinburgh and York carry far more seniority and prestige than the title Duke Of Rothesay.

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Scottish Census 2011

Table 3.1: Religion in Scotland, 2011

Number
(Thousands)

Percentage

All people

No religion

Church of Scotland

Roman Catholic

Religion not stated

Other Christian

Muslim

Hindu

Other religion

Buddhist

Sikh

Jewish

As I said I checked both websites and I’m going by members not people that might just class their self as one or the other.

49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There are, but there's not many. It's a minority group. If you start having minutes silences at football for everyone who c.10% of the population care about and aren't relevant to football, you'll have 5 or 6 silences every game.

Just stop. You're making a ***** of yourself. 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think some duke titles like Edinburgh and York carry far more seniority and prestige than the title Duke Of Rothesay.

👍

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Duke of Rothesay is the highest as its given to Heir to throne, Edinburgh isn't a real title.

Just checked, it is still 2021.......

Title Creation Other Dukedom or higher titles
House of Lords titles
The Duke of Rothesay 1398 Since 1603, usually Prince of Wales as the heir to the throne
Duke of Cornwall in the Peerage of England
The Duke of Hamilton 12 September 1643 Sat as Duke of Brandon in the Peerage of Great Britain until 1963.
The Duke of Buccleuch 20 April 1663 Sat as Earl of Doncaster in the Peerage of England from 1743–1963.
The Duke of Lennox 1675 Duke of Richmond in the Peerage of England;
Duke of Gordon in the Peerage of the United Kingdom
The Duke of Queensberry 3 February 1684 Held by the Duke of Buccleuch in the Peerage of Scotland since 1810.
The Duke of Argyll 23 June 1701 Sat as Lord Sundridge and Hamilton in the Peerage of Great Britain;
Sat as Duke of Argyll in the Peerage of the United Kingdom from 1892–1963.
The Duke of Atholl 1703  
The Duke of Montrose 1707 Sat as Earl Graham in the Peerage of Great Britain.
The Duke of Roxburghe 1707 Sat as Earl Innes in the Peerage of the United Kingdom.
Edited by The Frenchman Returns

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just stop. You're making a ***** of yourself. 

Okay let's have silences every week for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Also that table was from 2011. How many polish/eastern European catholics have arrived since then?

Or left because of Brexit? :ninja:

It's time to close this thread as some of the comments are getting hateful towards an elderly man that has passed away ,why can't people just show a little respect for once.

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

It's time to close this thread as some of the comments are getting hateful towards an elderly man that has passed away ,why can't people just show a little respect for once.

I can’t understand why people can’t show respect to anyone that’s passed away.

if it’s a prince or a pope or an old bloke that lived down the road.

10 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

You could just stop reading this thread if your expectation of it is only posts resembling a book of condolences...

15 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I really don't see why anyone should be shocked if people don't have respect for this.

May be an image of text

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

and this scum bag has the brass neck to use his dads death to curry favour with the British public. He should be in the USA talking sorry getting interrogated about his creepy criminal activities. arrrrrrhhhghhh 

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-described-loss-of-husband-philip-as-a-huge-void-says-prince-andrew-12272410?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

That line about Grandfather of the Nation was so OTT. He really ought to just disappear like his parents wanted him to rather than use his own father's death as an opportunity to get back into the public eye...

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That line about Grandfather of the Nation was so OTT. He really ought to just disappear like his parents wanted him to rather than use his own father's death as an opportunity to get back into the public eye...

I didn’t even read the article as I nearly choked reading the headline 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I didn’t even read the article as I nearly choked reading the headline 

Dunno if it was reported there, I heard it on the news earlier that he'd said it...

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

The Duke of Barlinnie has a certain ring to it.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Death is the Great Equaliser.

Now he was a great Equaliser. 

th-4.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Now he was a great Equaliser. 

th-4.jpeg

Though not as good as this one.

GrayShowyGannet-size_restricted.gif

McGlynn The Money
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Tv presenters and guests in black suits and ties on various shows.

18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Paul Burrell with his black tie - made a career out of death 

Nauseating shite.

Jeremy Vine currently debating whether the funeral rules should be relaxed for that mob and if 190 million quid on a yacht is a sufficient tribute.

Prince Andrew wheeled out yesterday to get the sympathy vote and try to repair the damage done to his reputation.

When are we going to rid ourselves of this whole infestation of parasites?

Ron Burgundy
35 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Nauseating shite.

Jeremy Vine currently debating whether the funeral rules should be relaxed for that mob and if 190 million quid on a yacht is a sufficient tribute.

Prince Andrew wheeled out yesterday to get the sympathy vote and try to repair the damage done to his reputation.

When are we going to rid ourselves of this whole infestation of parasites?

Maybe get rid of that other outdated and far more dangerous tradition that is religion first.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Maybe get rid of that other outdated and far more dangerous tradition that is religion first.

Couldn't agree more. At least the individual can decide if they want to follow a religion or not I suppose but we don't get asked if we want these parasites lording it over us.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Couldn't agree more. At least the individual can decide if they want to follow a religion or not I suppose but we don't get asked if we want these parasites lording it over us.

Disagree, people are brainwashed at an early age and certain religions do not tolerate those that do not believe. No one is bullied or thrown off buildings or beheaded for speaking out against the royal family.

Never understood why the Monarchy, unlike other monarchy’s, have survived the horrors that their family history and wealth was built apon. They literally built their dynasty on the back of poor peoples Labour, Scandel, Murder, rape and often slavery. Yet they still live in palaces and sit on golden thrones preaching and about fairness and equality. 

Yes I know this current lot of royal didn’t but the values and traditions are often passed down hence you see Prince Harry giving it the Nazi salutes and dressing as Nazi and Meghan mirkle being subjected to horrific Racism. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Disagree, people are brainwashed at an early age and certain religions do not tolerate those that do not believe. No one is bullied or thrown off buildings or beheaded for speaking out against the royal family.

Depends which country you're in and which Royal Family you criticise, but I'm sure you know that. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a little known place called the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

As for brainwashing, the Royals and their supporters are pretty good at that themselves. We've had a fantastic reminder of it since Friday anyway.

Maybe the Queen in her role as Head of the Church of England could do her bit and help us get rid of monarchy and religion. That's one thing she'd have my full support in.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Depends which country you're in and which Royal Family you criticise, but I'm sure you know that. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a little known country called Saudi Arabia.

As for brainwashing, the Royals and their supporters are pretty good at that themselves. We've had a fantastic reminder of it since Friday anyway.

Maybe the Queen in her role as Head of the Church of England could do her bit and help us get rid of monarchy and religion. That's one thing she'd have my full support in.

Not sure you would get turkeys voting for Christmas.

I don't give the Royals a second thought in my every day life but doubt they have the wonderful lifestyle some think. Beautiful day and Queen thinks I will take the corgis for a lovely stroll then she is reminded she has to travel 10 hours to meet the foreign ambassador to some obscure wee island . 

If they are done away with it will not affect me one little bit either way.

As for Alim's post about building a dynasty on the back of slave labour, rape, murder etc, well that's how civilisation came about and dragged us out of caves. It's still the way the world works and will for as long as humans exist. It's just that most of the slaves don't know they are slaves.

22 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Catholic enters the room. 

:Aye:

McGlynn The Money
15 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not sure you would get turkeys voting for Christmas.

I don't give the Royals a second thought in my every day life but doubt they have the wonderful lifestyle some think. Beautiful day and Queen thinks I will take the corgis for a lovely stroll then she is reminded she has to travel 10 hours to meet the foreign ambassador to some obscure wee island . 

If they are done away with it will not affect me one little bit either way.

As for Alim's post about building a dynasty on the back of slave labour, rape, murder etc, well that's how civilisation came about and dragged us out of caves. It's still the way the world works and will for as long as humans exist. It's just that most of the slaves don't know they are slaves.

It must be awful for her and all the rest of the hangers on in her family. My heart bleeds for them.

You're saying abolish religion but defending the Queen, who is head of that religion and claims some sort of divine right to rule. Do you see the inconsistency in your argument?

15 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I bet that's not all that was entered.

Know we're getting to it. Was pretty obvious but thanks for confirming.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Paul Burrell with his black tie - made a career out of death 

Creepy person that one. Just my opinion though. 

Ron Burgundy
5 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It must be awful for her and all the rest of the hangers on in her family. My heart bleeds for them.

You're saying abolish religion but defending the Queen, who is head of that religion and claims some sort of divine right to rule. Do you see the inconsistency in your argument?

Know we're getting to it. Was pretty obvious but thanks for confirming.

Ha ha, so it's ok to slag one institution but not the other? I think all religions should be laughed at and mocked. 

I am not defending the Queen at all, if they disappeared my life wouldn't change one bit and  for the record I reckon the Pope has just as crap a life.

Seems you have confirmed your bias.