Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Seems rife throughout the club. I’m sure other posters can name other occasions but Wighton has just outed Neilson for talking pish.

Many people who talk pish are not actually being dishonest. 

SuperstarSteve

What has wighton said?

Neilson has contradicted himself more than a few times this season that’s for sure. 

If wighton left without a fee being given to the club. That’s one example of neilson talking rubbish. Granted that would need confirmed. 

Under the floodlight
16 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Seems rife throughout the club. I’m sure other posters can name other occasions but Wighton has just outed Neilson for talking pish.

You are a .....54TH.gif.d0e1a0074be907062c0d86029f3d43f3.gif

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

What has wighton said?

Neilson has contradicted himself more than a few times this season that’s for sure. 

If wighton left without a fee being given to the club. That’s one example of neilson talking rubbish. Granted that would need confirmed. 

He’s said he thought he might feature in the plans to the end of the season the manager had told him he was part of the plans. But then he was binned to the reserves and punted north of the Forth 

It is a professional football club not a retirement home.    Wighton was given his chance at the beginning of the season but proved he wasn't good enough.

The sooner that scrawny useless ***** is away the better. I don't think I have ever disliked one of our own players as much. Perhaps with the exception of Isma.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

It is a professional football club not a retirement home.    Wighton was given his chance at the beginning of the season but proved he wasn't good enough.

Still think Wighton would be a good squad player but that debate is over .

Neilson told him he was out and now he is out .

Good luck to the guy , think he will have a decent career

SuperstarSteve
18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s said he thought he might feature in the plans to the end of the season the manager had told him he was part of the plans. But then he was binned to the reserves and punted north of the Forth 

Sounds about right. Neilson said a week before wighton left, wighton was in the plans and he was not leaving to a rival club unless it’s for a fee. 

Punted to a rival club a week a later with possibly no fee involved. Neilson has contracted himself more often than not this year. Done the same regarding youth at start of season. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Hackney Hearts

There are all sorts of reasons why you might want to say something different in public to what you've said in private. Tactically it's not a good look during a transfer window to say a player is hopeless (i.e. not in any first team plans) if you're trying to get another club to take him off your hands. 

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Sounds about right. Neilson said a week before wighton left, wighton was in the plans and he was not leaving to a rival club unless it’s for a fee. 

Punted to a rival club a week a later on loan with possibly no fee involved. Neilson has contracted himself more often than not this year. Done the same regarding youth at start of season. 

Did RN force him ro sign for Dunfy?

The player himself said said he was looking for a longer term (than a loan) deal rather than find himself in a big pool of free players in the summer

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Punted to a rival club a week a later with possibly no fee involved. Neilson has contracted himself more often than not this year. Done the same regarding youth at start of season. 

He probably was in Neilson's plans...then we brought in another striker. Surely Hearts have done him a favour by allowing him to go to his new club and settle in rather than sit on his backside doing nothing?

SuperstarSteve
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did RN force him ro sign for Dunfy?

The player himself said said he was looking for a longer term (than a loan) deal rather than find himself in a big pool of free players in the summer

No he didn’t force him. When you make a statement and then do the opposite, it’s dishonesty and contradictive though, which neilson seems to be good at this season. 

Not at all saying it wasn’t the right call. We will be promoted regardless, next seasons signings are the important ones. Personally would’ve kept wighton as 3rd choice and in around the first team but gaffer has made his decision. 

Hearts are still paying his wages... 

A poor poor footballer and gutless to boot.. actively hid in most of the games I watched then happy to find his balls and bleat to the press. 

38 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, Neilson did a good job of keeping him onside until the time came to get rid.

:jj:

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

No he didn’t force him. When you make a statement and then do the opposite, it’s dishonesty and contradictive though, which neilson seems to be good at this season. 

Not at all saying it wasn’t the right call. We will be promoted regardless, next seasons signings are the important ones. Personally would’ve kept wighton as 3rd choice and in around the first team but gaffer has made his decision. 

You're guessing.

I don't particularly wish to defend RN but I could guess as well and say that in between times the player might have said something to RN that made him chamge his mind about Wighton's future role.

When neilson said that the transfer window was still open so the club might have been trying to get a fee or something for him and admitting he wasn’t in his plans openly would affect that

could Also just been talking sh*te

either way not fussed, Wighton showed nowhere near enough and him leaving doesn’t bother me 

Wighton's future role was written in the stars the moment he started his walk towards the penalty spot in the SC Final, a walk that screamed, "Ah'm gonnie miss!"

Edited by Haken

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Not sure my thread needed merged with this.

Because it was pointless pish about an existing topic Wightons departure, undeserving of its own thread

SuperstarSteve
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're guessing.

I don't particularly wish to defend RN but I could guess as well and say that in between times the player might have said something to RN that made him chamge his mind about Wighton's future role.

Your right and that’s all very possible. If Neilson sent him to train with reserves and not in the plans, Many would consider that as forcing him out but that would also be a guess, as you say we don’t know what’s been said behind closed doors. 

Glamorgan Jambo

I'm guessing getting his contract paid up was part of the deal for him to leave which would have been ridiculous - paying someone to go and play for our rivals. As it stands it's bad enough but he won't be playing against us as it's a loan and we've all seen that all of the clubs at the top of the championship (including us sadly) are prone to slip ups and dropped points. been a strange season and the lack of a reserve or U21 league is bound to have an impact on overall squad readiness.

• davemclaren changed the title to Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans (title updated)
51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The sooner that scrawny useless ***** is away the better. I don't think I have ever disliked one of our own players as much. Perhaps with the exception of Isma.

Isma was decent.  We should have kept him.  He knew where the goal was and always tried to make things happen in the final 3rd.  Would take him back in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

:lol:

Wouldn’t go Russian to throw stones.

Come on it was a complete non story used to have a go at the club. You don’t even know if there is a grain of truth in it. 

6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d recall him from his loan and put him on gardening leave until the summer.

Not massively offended by his comments, but I do like the idea of being harsh. I think player power counts for too much nowadays, and being able to make clear that the club won't be ****ed about is a good message to send for future dealings. 

32 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why not?

because he now does not have a look at me look at me thread

Not sure what the problem is here, either on JKB or with Wighton? Player openly admits in the article he thought he had done enough but obviously not. Prior to that mentions he understands why he wasn't playing last year, in one of the worst Hearts sides of in a very long time, WT actual F. If that's his attitude then he is better off far away from Tynecastle!! Not a huge fan of Neilson (want him to succeed obviously) but there is nothing to lay at his door over this Wighton loan move. 

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well someone is making things up. When did we restart the reserve team.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

There are all sorts of reasons why you might want to say something different in public to what you've said in private. Tactically it's not a good look during a transfer window to say a player is hopeless (i.e. not in any first team plans) if you're trying to get another club to take him off your hands. 

Please stop with the common sense. It’s not normal on here...

Most he’s ever spoken in his life. Maybe if he shown some balls earlier he wouldn’t have been punted to the reserves and would be a successful Hearts player

Thanks for missing the pen in the cup final lad. All the best in the future 

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Surprised it wasn't deleted.

Is Wighton not too busy practicing penalties? 

5 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Most he’s ever spoken in his life. Maybe if he shown some balls earlier he wouldn’t have been punted to the reserves and would be a successful Hearts player

Thanks for missing the pen in the cup final lad. All the best in the future 

He's got a future attending Celtic supporters club nights. 

I've stuck up for him in the past so I would like to say thanks Craig.

Thanks for the 8 goals in 3 seasons.

Thanks for looking like Ronaldo in pre season before turning into Craig Wighton when full season starts.

Thanks for finding your bottle in the Scottish Championship and Betfred Cup group stages, in empty stadiums.

Thanks for costing Hearts (what would have been) the greatest Scottish Cup final victory of all time. (100% his fault now)

Thanks pal, **** off, bye.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I'm guessing getting his contract paid up was part of the deal for him to leave which would have been ridiculous - paying someone to go and play for our rivals. As it stands it's bad enough but he won't be playing against us as it's a loan and we've all seen that all of the clubs at the top of the championship (including us sadly) are prone to slip ups and dropped points. been a strange season and the lack of a reserve or U21 league is bound to have an impact on overall squad readiness.

If he's gone on loan why would we pay up his contract?

I would expect Dunfy to be paying part of his wages and maybe even a loan fee as well.

Thanks for the goal in the semi and the winner at Arbroath.

Two worthwhile goals.

In 2 and a half years being paid as as striker.

The fact he has played in two Scottish cup finals for us is baffling. 

35 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

I've stuck up for him in the past so I would like to say thanks Craig.

Thanks for the 8 goals in 3 seasons.

Thanks for looking like Ronaldo in pre season before turning into Craig Wighton when full season starts.

Thanks for finding your bottle in the Scottish Championship and Betfred Cup group stages, in empty stadiums.

Thanks for costing Hearts (what would have been) the greatest Scottish Cup final victory of all time. (100% his fault now)

Thanks pal, **** off, bye.

Something that has been grating on me about that. Wighton was getting called Shiteton and everything else because his lack of confidence was obvious and not something that was likely to go away. I've saw him described multiple times as a player that will always need an arm round him. Okay, so we can conclude he's mentally not a tough player? So why the **** was he taking not only a penalty in a cup final, but the final penalty?! Halkett had captained Livi and IIRC he was one of their penalty takers, likewise, Haring has a decent shot on him. We had 2 players with the mental character to take them and let Wighton who is a shitebag take them? Its bafflingly poor. We had 1 hand on the cup and totally ****ed it. 

So why, pray tell, did we allow a player who obviously has confidence issues to take the most important penalty in a cup final when there quite literally couldn't have been anymore pressure on him? I know he had scored other penalties, but those were zero pressure penalties by comparison. Not something Robbie should have allowed IMO. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Something that has been grating on me about that. Wighton was getting called Shiteton and everything else because his lack of confidence was obvious and not something that was likely to go away. I've saw him described multiple times as a player that will always need an arm round him. Okay, so we can conclude he's mentally not a tough player? So why the **** was he taking not only a penalty in a cup final, but the final penalty?! Halkett had captained Livi and IIRC he was one of their penalty takers, likewise, Haring has a decent shot on him. We had 2 players with the mental character to take them and let Wighton who is a shitebag take them? Its bafflingly poor. We had 1 hand on the cup and totally ****ed it. 

So why, pray tell, did we allow a player who obviously has confidence issues to take the most important penalty in a cup final when there quite literally couldn't have been anymore pressure on him? I know he had scored other penalties, but those were zero pressure penalties by comparison. Not something Robbie should have allowed IMO. 

I’m not angling for a argument with anyone but a shrewd manager with his finger on the pulse and who knows his players , would’ve exerted authority.

If Wighton stuck his hand up while others didn’t, then fair enough.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)