Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Now he is a legend. 😆

So is Paul Hartley but not for anything he did with Hibs. 👍

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Do you mean Gnanduilet and not Kasteneer. 

Nope, I mean Kasteneer, who may or not be a good signing, Gnandouillet likewise. I have seen nothing from Kasteneer to make me think that he will be a better player for us than Frear or Wighton playing from the right side. Wighton provided more versatility imo.

What annoys me  most is that we spent 2 years bringing on Wighton, and as soon as he starts looking the part he gets frozen out. We watched  Levein  doing the same thing over the last 3 years and I'm p15sed off with it frankly. 

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Nope, I mean Kasteneer, who may or not be a good signing, Gnandouillet likewise. I have seen nothing from Kasteneer to make me think that he will be a better player for us than Frear or Wighton playing from the right side. Wighton provided more versatility imo.

What annoys me  most is that we spent 2 years bringing on Wighton, and as soon as he starts looking the part he gets frozen out. We watched  Levein  doing the same thing over the last 3 years and I'm p15sed off with it frankly. 

Wighton is best played through the middle. That’s where he’ll play for Dunfermline. Think Gnanduillet is more of a replacement for Wighton than Kastaneer.  Not that it matters I suppose. 

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, Firefox said:

Nothing flukey about them. Two well taken goals, especially the second which was a great front post run & header.  I think he'll score a lot of goals for Dunfermline, as their style of play suits him and they are playing him as an out & out striker. When we played him in the correct position he scored goals, notably a hattrick Vs Raith, and two against Ayr United.  His goal against H1b5 was a textbook strikers goal. 

Maybe the championship is his level, but that is where we are playing our football at the moment, so a proven championship level goal scorer must surely be an asset worth keeping .

100% and it is not as we are scoring at the moment. We could have kept him even going into the Premiership and used him as an impact sub. We've have worse players in maroon and he wanted to stay and ge was scoring. I'm not happy with how this one has been handled and we are doing the same thing of shipping in loads of new (mediocre) players and the consistency we had is gone... 😕

8 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Okay his two goals might just be a fluke, but doesn't it ask the question why does he seem to click when away from our turgid set-up?

But he did score for Hearts including a hat trick and vital goals against Hibs and Arbroath. 🤷‍♂️