Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

17 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Think pen miss in final spelt end for him

As my mate said he lined up in such a way it could only go to the keepers left. 

He just looks too miserable.

At least with Hendo, it looks likes he's smiling or constipated

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

11 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Agree with your mate re the way Wighton lined up. Did the same many years ago with the same result.

But let’s not forget Kingsley’s atrocity. IMO if he scores - we win. Still have no idea what he was thinking there and he was also at fault for not challenging Brown’s header leading to their extra time goal.

I guess Kingsley took his like he takes frees. Just one step. You're right 4-2 at that point would likely have done it.  I felt like I was I was in another world when CG saved one. 

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Anyway, let’s not torture ourselves any more!

:vrface:

Indeed. Focus on the big man, Boyce, Irving and GMS

4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Neilson has done well to identify the guy is below par. Fair play.

Yes.... and if Robbie is being truthful in saying he wants to build an exciting attacking team, then Wighton ought to be just one of several who get released/sold.    GMS (and hopefully Armand) are encouraging signs that he's serious.

ScandinavianJambo
6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup, he has missed a few but he's still our second top scorer I think. I thought his improvement this season might have been a turning point for him and I think some other team will gladly take him. I  hope he gets to stay with us to finish this season, or it could come back to haunt us .

100% also do not want an injury to hamper us either (and him being out on loan). I'm not really getting this move him out now as his contracted to the end of the season. He is a good enough sub for this league (enough goals)...no need to hurry

24 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

100% also do not want an injury to hamper us either (and him being out on loan). I'm not really getting this move him out now as his contracted to the end of the season. He is a good enough sub for this league (enough goals)...no need to hurry

We can get someone else to pay part of his wages for the rest of the season because he will not be here next season.

That helps us to bring in someone else or contribute to Armand wages.

Edited by wavydavy

Horatio Caine
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Dick Campbell looking to sort out another loan deal for him again according to the News.

That would actually be quite good.  He wouldn't play against us but could stick some in against the rest of the division.

SomethingAboutObua

Feel bad for him and disappointed he's not getting a chance to partner Armand, thought that was partly why we were signing him in the first place. 

What a bloody mess the recruitment was for so long, hopefully seems like Savage is already the end to that shit spell. 

48 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That would actually be quite good.  He wouldn't play against us but could stick some in against the rest of the division.

This. And out of contract at the end of the season so he's technically gone for good, like Olly Lee.

49 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

My thoughts entirely

Glamorgan Jambo

Whatever happens he made an important contribution this season and will leave with an improved reputation amongst the fanbase.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Seems like his time is up at Hearts, but I grew to quite like him as a player this season. Pace and power, could go by his man. Maybe didn't have the all round game that you'd want. He deserves a lot of credit to come back and put in some good performances this year with the amount of shite he had to put up with from the fans. Best of luck to him.

ROBBIE NEILSON has revealed that Craig Wighton is in talks with several other clubs as he edges closer to a Hearts exit, while the Jambos boss is hopeful of securing further reinforcements before the closure of the transfer window.

Wighton, whose contract expires at the end of the season, has slipped further down the pecking order following the capture of towering French attacker Armand Gnanduillet.

With his playing time likely to be limited, Neilson will allow the former Dundee man to leave this month if he can find the right suitor. Arbroath, when Wighton scored three goals in five games last month, are among the sides interested.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 27/01/2021 at 16:21, i8hibsh said:

It is great being able to have a personal opinion chief eh.   I have one on Wighton.

And post it 8 days a week.  :)

WheatfieldWarrior
34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

ROBBIE NEILSON has revealed that Craig Wighton is in talks with several other clubs as he edges closer to a Hearts exit, while the Jambos boss is hopeful of securing further reinforcements before the closure of the transfer window.

Wighton, whose contract expires at the end of the season, has slipped further down the pecking order following the capture of towering French attacker Armand Gnanduillet.

With his playing time likely to be limited, Neilson will allow the former Dundee man to leave this month if he can find the right suitor. Arbroath, when Wighton scored three goals in five games last month, are among the sides interested.

Off to Serie A most likely.

If he is off let’s remember him for his cracking goal in the semi against Hibs!

ROBBIE NEILSON has revealed that Craig Wighton is in talks with several other clubs 

About ****ing time. Why the long wait? Why get his hopes up, start playing him then dingy him? 

As much as i think he's not good enough and we never should have signed him, never mind pay money for him, we seem to treat players like shite. 

We all new he wasn't good enough years ago ffs. Well, most of us, not the happy clappers. 

He done well coming back from his injuries, confidence lack of.   Scored winners, contributed to wins, earned draws.   He's got a decent career ahead for himself as a first team player.    I think he would still be a great squad player for us.   Someone to bring on to finish teams off. 

All the best to him from me.   

Not sure how it works financially but shouldn't be loaning him out to anyone if it involves us paying his wages , our forward line is injury prone I wouldn't take any chances  this season Henderson is not a goalscorer either not sure why his name is thrown in as competition for forward places 

On 27/01/2021 at 18:06, gedster said:

What a waste of bloody money...

Would you rather we still had Jack Hamilton? I don’t think it was confirmed we paid for him, I thought it was pretty much a swap (both undisclosed fees that maybe cancelled each other out?)

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

ROBBIE NEILSON has revealed that Craig Wighton is in talks with several other clubs 

About ****ing time. Why the long wait? Why get his hopes up, start playing him then dingy him? 

As much as i think he's not good enough and we never should have signed him, never mind pay money for him, we seem to treat players like shite. 

We all new he wasn't good enough years ago ffs. Well, most of us, not the happy clappers. 

Mostly agree but he had to get guys onside before he got to the stage he could change the squad up. 

Harsh realities of football.  Just needs to take it on the chin and move on. 

14 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

Not sure how it works financially but shouldn't be loaning him out to anyone if it involves us paying his wages , our forward line is injury prone I wouldn't take any chances  this season Henderson is not a goalscorer either not sure why his name is thrown in as competition for forward places 

It does. We will. 

A year ago I wouldn’t have been bothered if he was leaving but now frustrating as did show some of his potential in betfred cup games but don’t think he was given a proper chance as a 9 this season. Least Armand is in now to support Boyce so do have other options

On 27/01/2021 at 16:51, been here before said:

Quite telling he's done better when theres been no crowds or smaller crowds when he was up at Arbroath where he got 3 goals in 5 games.

Confidence a big thing with him I think.

For confidence, I'd substitute pressure, which admittedly ties into your point about crowds.  But when he was the man to take the crucial penalty in the Cup Final, with no crowds, you could see in his walk up that he was feeling the pressure.

I think he's an ok player and probably a much better player in training.  But we can't have players in the team who look scared.  And in that department, Frear is 100 time worse than Wighton.

On 27/01/2021 at 16:14, upgotheheads said:

Yup, he has missed a few but he's still our second top scorer I think. I thought his improvement this season might have been a turning point for him and I think some other team will gladly take him. I  hope he gets to stay with us to finish this season, or it could come back to haunt us .

There's no way Wighton leaving will come back to haunt us later in the season, even if he was to move to another Championship club and score against us!

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There's no way Wighton leaving will come back to haunt us later in the season, even if he was to move to another Championship club and score against us!

I think it’ll haunt us if Boyce and Armand get injured for any length of time. A good team needs 4 strikers in the squad, not 2 and a half. 

On 27/01/2021 at 23:10, ScandinavianJambo said:

Apparently it’s also Wightons wish to move now whilst he has offers on the table that might not come back in the summer. No need to hold the guy back just because we might need cover in a league that’s just about done anyway.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I think it’ll haunt us if Boyce and Armand get injured for any length of time. A good team needs 4 strikers in the squad, not 2 and a half. 

Then we’d use Henderson Naismith Walker or  Halkett.  The league is done and dusted with 3 more wins, maybe 4. Craig Wighton won’t be haunting Hearts. Let the guy go, he’s not good enough for where we’re going

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Wighton has played better this season than alot of other players and deserved his shot, which by and large he took.

With the introduction of a new striker his value is now limited. Not really getting the seethe here.

Dont tell anyone but Naismith has been utter pony

Frear and Roberts have been even worse.

Walker is a lazy shite who does nothing almost every game (with the exception of 1 in every 5/6)

Henderson has had a reasonable amount of games in his Hearts career and im yet to see him be better than Wighton.

I’d say they have all contributed less than Wighton this season.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Wighton has played better this season than alot of other players and deserved his shot, which by and large he took.

With the introduction of a new striker his value is now limited. Not really getting the seethe here.

Dont tell anyone but Naismith has been utter pony

Frear and Roberts have been even worse.

Walker is a lazy shite who does nothing almost every game (with the exception of 1 in every 5/6)

Henderson has had a reasonable amount of games in his Hearts career and im yet to see him be better than Wighton.

I’d say they have all contributed less than Wighton this season.

Considering that Wighton has not played a lot of games as a No 9 and was stuck on the wings in a lot of games his goal conversion and shot accuracy stats are better than Boyce's. He has 3 out of 4 shots on target and Boyce has just over half. Having said that his best games for Dundee were as a No 10.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 10.30.51.png

22 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Seems like his time is up at Hearts, but I grew to quite like him as a player this season. Pace and power, could go by his man. Maybe didn't have the all round game that you'd want. He deserves a lot of credit to come back and put in some good performances this year with the amount of shite he had to put up with from the fans. Best of luck to him.

He has improved somewhat this season,still not good enough,played his last game for Hearts.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Then we’d use Henderson Naismith Walker or  Halkett.  The league is done and dusted with 3 more wins, maybe 4. Craig Wighton won’t be haunting Hearts. Let the guy go, he’s not good enough for where we’re going

I’d rather we kept Wighton rather than Walker or Henderson. But that’s another debate. Also getting £400 a week off his wages from Arbroath isn’t going to help much

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I’d rather we kept Wighton rather than Walker or Henderson. But that’s another debate. Also getting £400 a week off his wages from Arbroath isn’t going to help much

Well that’s not the way we do business. A player wants to leave and has an offer and we’re obviously not wanting him beyond his soon to expire deal, you let him go so he doesn’t miss an opportunity to secure his future. Letting him go is the correct thing to do. From what I’m reading it’s a permanent deal so it gets him off the wage bill. Personally I think he did okay for us this season but RN clearly doesn’t want him and I think that’s the right view with next season starting to become the focus of our transfer dealings.

See how when a player goes out on loan it is generally written into the ts & cs that he can't play against his parent club.  Well can we have it written into his loan deal that he must play against his parent club?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

See how when a player goes out on loan it is generally written into the ts & cs that he can't play against his parent club.  Well can we have it written into his loan deal that he must play against his parent club?

I think it’s a SFA rule rather than something written into the t&c 

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

can we have it written into his loan deal that he must play against his parent club?

I know you're joking, but that would virtually guarantee the lad a hat-trick.

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If he is off let’s remember him for his cracking goal in the semi against Hibs!

I'll second that.  Good luck to the lad.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No. 

Don't get the hatred of the boy. He's been unlucky with injuries. He's never had a run of games upfront alongside someone but he has proven he can score goals and he has scored some key goals for us. Not even close to the worst we've had in recent years. 

Will prove to be a good player for someone. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

See the source image

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Don't get the hatred of the boy. He's been unlucky with injuries. He's never had a run of games upfront alongside someone but he has proven he can score goals and he has scored some key goals for us. Not even close to the worst we've had in recent years. 

Will prove to be a good player for someone. 

I very much do get the hatred.

He cost us a lot of money and he was a complete failure.

He missed a penalty in the final.

He is copletely shite for the level we want to be at.

We are football fans not a bunch of gushing mothers on mums.net.

I know it is not fair on the kid, but this is showbiz.  It is succeed or fail.  

How many ****ing failures have we seen the past 5 years.  It is not personal on Wighton - it is just how it is.  If he wants all rainbows and unicorns he should play part time football.  He is a professional footballer at a high level and he was ****ing abysmal.  Why must so any fans insist on molycoddling and applauding failures and losers?

Edited by i8hibsh

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Well that’s not the way we do business. A player wants to leave and has an offer and we’re obviously not wanting him beyond his soon to expire deal, you let him go so he doesn’t miss an opportunity to secure his future. Letting him go is the correct thing to do. From what I’m reading it’s a permanent deal so it gets him off the wage bill. Personally I think he did okay for us this season but RN clearly doesn’t want him and I think that’s the right view with next season starting to become the focus of our transfer dealings.

Id prefer he moved to ICT. Helps Robbie out and I'm sure he'd bang a few in against our opponents 

How many ****ing failures have we seen the past 5 years.  It is not personal on Wighton - it is just how it is.  If he wants all rainbows and unicorns he should play part time football.  He is a professional footballer at a high level and he was ****ing abysmal.  Why must so any fans insist on molycoddling and applauding failures and losers?

No one is saying any of that. It is what it is. Wasn't his fault he ended up here or that we wasted money on him, that was down to Levein. Some players are just not cut out to play at a certain level but he is clearly an OK player who will do alright for someone else. 

I don't see the reason to hate him though, that's just very strange. I've seen far worse in my lifetime supporting Hearts, as have you. 

You are not wrong.

• davemclaren changed the title to Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)