Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

been here before
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Certainly no point on having a discussion with you is there - if I bother you so much then pop me on ignore there’s a good lad - I’m a bit worried about your blood pressure. 😳

See what I mean?

I said you make me laugh  albeit you dint mean it and you come out with 'if I bother you that much'. Even when its written in front of you in black and white you cant, or dont want to see what other peope say.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

been here before
Just now, Thomaso said:

Thought we had changed that when Clubs including Dunfermline stitched us up good and proper!

Another post about Dunfermline  :rofl:

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

See what I mean?

I said you make me laugh  albeit you dint mean it and you come out with 'if I bother you that much'. Even when its written in front of you in black and white you cant, or dont want to see what other peope say.

I make you laugh? Doesn’t sound like it - frankly you’re coming across as a bit of a keyboard nutter with a grudge!
Anyway I stand by for your next tirade - your feckin relentless! 🙄

39 minutes ago, been here before said:

Another post about Dunfermline  :rofl:

This thread is about Wighton going to Dunfermline. 🤷‍♂️

been here before
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This thread is about Wighton going to Dunfermline. 🤷‍♂️

And despite Hearts playing today you've done little else but post about Dunfermline and Wighton.

...mostly on the Hearts v Morton match thread.

Just now, been here before said:

And despite Hearts playing today you've done little else but post about Dunfermline and Wighton.

...mostly on the Hearts v Morton match thread.

Right fine - you’re right - now give me and yourself a break ffs! 🙄

It was a strange move by us. They are potentially 8 points behind us. We have droped 4 points in the last two games against two of the worst teams in the league.

13 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

we all should be thanking Dunfermline for taking him instead of greeting like

a bunch of spoiled school kids 

HHGH 

I’m sure after today Dunfermline will be thanking us...

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’m sure after today Dunfermline will be thanking us...

Bet they'd rather the proven league goal scorer than the £80k+ Inverness are getting from us :whistling:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Bet they'd rather the proven league goal scorer than the £80k+ Inverness are getting from us :whistling:

Yes we are generous to a fault - the Budge era has been lovely. 😊

1 minute ago, gordon simpson said:

1 swallow does not make a summer 

No but so far it has made 3 points....

south morocco

Ludicrous decision to loan him to them. After all the summer stuff especially. I am baffled why it’s happened and furthermore cements my opinion of the current soft centred regime at our club.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That’s Hearts though. Nice and cuddly. 

Saving a bit of a wage but strengthening a rival sounds like a decision that was made by someone that knows their business more than their football.

south morocco
37 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No but so far it has made 3 points....

A few more draws for us and Dunfermline winning with wighton goals and this place will self combust

Edited by south morocco

1 hour ago, south morocco said:

A few more draws for us and Dunfermline winning with wighton goals and this place will self combust

Indeed

6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Needs ended very soon..

It never will be in the Budge era, even after all the “Hearts Only” stuff when we were stitched up last season 

Bazzas right boot

Posters- Wighton is shite, a wage feef, pish, coward,  we need a new striker, CL wasted loads of money.

Same posters when Wighton leaves us- we shouldn't have let him leave.

:sheen:

He was not good enough for us,,,,,jusus!!!!!!!! Just like a lot of the rest of them thats pulls on the famous maroon jersey ....we are the third biggest club in Scotland... are we forgetting this? We should be in the top league and pushing or trophy’s ffs    

He was never good enough for hearts, I'm glad he is gone, however loaning him out to a team who are chasing us in this league was a disaster move as wighton is capable of doing well at this level as he showed yesterday and dunfy have closed the gap on us now, no wonder after how shite we have been recently. Couldn't script this shite, right up there with the bobby to st bribery loan, our club is a shambles at the min.

7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Is he that good. 

No. More importantly though he isn’t as good as Boyce and RN made his choice by signing Gnando who should give us a very different option up front. The inclusion of Wighton in our team over the last few games isn’t what we are missing. 

complete control
3 hours ago, One five said:

He was not good enough for us,,,,,jusus!!!!!!!! Just like a lot of the rest of them thats pulls on the famous maroon jersey ....we are the third biggest club in Scotland... are we forgetting this? We should be in the top league and pushing or trophy’s ffs    

Correct 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Posters- Wighton is shite, a wage feef, pish, coward,  we need a new striker, CL wasted loads of money.

Same posters when Wighton leaves us- we shouldn't have let him leave.

:sheen:

Tbh the idiocy of letting him go to our direct rival for promotion is probably what’s annoying people. That situation is just begging to come back and bite us on the arse. 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh the idiocy of letting him go to our direct rival for promotion is probably what’s annoying people. That situation is just begging to come back and bite us on the arse. 

C’mon eh? If Craig Wighton fires Dunfermline to the top of the championship and we fail to get promoted we should just put classical music concerts on at tynecastle and pack the football in. Dunfermline played with two up front yesterday. If there’s a lesson to be learned form pars that’s the lesson. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

C’mon eh? If Craig Wighton fires Dunfermline to the top of the championship and we fail to get promoted we should just put classical music concerts on at tynecastle and pack the football in. Dunfermline played with two up front yesterday. If there’s a lesson to be learned form pars that’s the lesson. 

Our million pound pitch does seem well suited for that based on the previous bright idea the club had. 😆

I don’t disagree that if Wighton even ends up a factor it’s our own fault, we should be absolutely pissing this division whoever he plays for. But, from a footballing point of view it’s a brainless decision. 

Dunfermline win their game in hand and they are only 8 points back.

The way we are playing at the moment I don’t fancy us to beat anyone. We have to go up to Inverness next week for a really tough match. 

The facts are that Wighton will score goals for Dunfermline and we could have actually done with him on the park for us yesterday as are our front 2 were absolutely rank rotten. 

Not saying that Wighton is good enough to play in the Premiership but he was scoring goals for us in the Championship and giving him to our nearest title / promotion rivals was madness. 

A_A wehatethehibs
50 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is he now a world beater having left? 

No, he is pish and needed binned ultimately, it’s more just, we have strengthened the team 2nd in the league and got seemingly nothing in return. It is soft. If he wanted to go out on loan it should’ve been back to Arbroath 

9 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Dunfermline win their game in hand and they are only 8 points back.

The way we are playing at the moment I don’t fancy us to beat anyone. We have to go up to Inverness next week for a really tough match. 

The facts are that Wighton will score goals for Dunfermline and we could have actually done with him on the park for us yesterday as are our front 2 were absolutely rank rotten. 

Not saying that Wighton is good enough to play in the Premiership but he was scoring goals for us in the Championship and giving him to our nearest title / promotion rivals was madness. 

What front two?

41 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

exactly right. But some don’t see it like that.

let’s see how it pans out. At least that will be interesting unlike the football serves up at the moment

6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

We had 2 strikers on the park after 56 minutes 

And cut of their supply. If wighton had started the match yesterday he’d have been played too wide or too deep as Naismith and Walker have often been. 

it’s not the forward options that are the problem. It’s Boyce‘a lack of a strike partner. 

It didn't sit well with me that  after a few non-scoring games he was dumped, even in those games he looked threatening and could have had a couple of goals with any luck,  Kastaneer doesn't look like a better player to me. Have a look at the stats below, especially shot accuracy ( last stat).

Liam BoyceBoyce
Heart of MidlothianHearts
10 3 15 0.83 108 35 29% 54%
Declan McManusMcManus
DunfermlineDunfermline
7 2 16 0.47 190 32 22% 72%
Osman SowSow
DundeeDundee
7 1 12 0.82 110 19 37% 68%
Connor ShieldsShields
Queen of the SouthQueen of Sth
6 0 13 0.49 182 17 35% 71%
Ayo ObileyeObileye
6 0 17 0.38 240 11 55% 82%
Charlie AdamAdam
DundeeDundee
5 6 14 0.38 239 22 23% 64%
Jamie WalkerWalker
5 5 15 0.46 197 32 16% 50%
Luke McCowanMcCowan
Ayr UnitedAyr
5 3 14 0.38 238 18 28% 61%
Craig WightonWighton
Heart of Midlothian, DunfermlineHearts, Dunfermline
5 1 9 0.91 99 14 36% 79%
Manny DukuDuku
Raith RoversRaith Rovers
5 0 12 0.62 145 13 38% 46%
Steven NaismithNaismith
5 0 14 0.49 183 10 50%

70%

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It didn't sit well with me that  after a few non-scoring games he was dumped, even in those games he looked threatening and could have had a couple of goals with any luck,  Kastaneer doesn't look like a better player to me. Have a look at the stats below, especially shot accuracy ( last stat).

Liam BoyceBoyce
10 3 15 0.83 108 35 29% 54%
Declan McManusMcManus
DunfermlineDunfermline
7 2 16 0.47 190 32 22% 72%
Osman SowSow
DundeeDundee
7 1 12 0.82 110 19 37% 68%
Connor ShieldsShields
6 0 13 0.49 182 17 35% 71%
Ayo ObileyeObileye
6 0 17 0.38 240 11 55% 82%
Charlie AdamAdam
DundeeDundee
5 6 14 0.38 239 22 23% 64%
Jamie WalkerWalker
5 5 15 0.46 197 32 16% 50%
Luke McCowanMcCowan
Ayr UnitedAyr
5 3 14 0.38 238 18 28% 61%
Craig WightonWighton
Heart of Midlothian, DunfermlineHearts, Dunfermline
5 1 9 0.91 99 14 36% 79%
Manny DukuDuku
Raith RoversRaith Rovers
5 0 12 0.62 145 13 38% 46%
Steven NaismithNaismith
5 0 14 0.49 183 10 50%

70%

Do you mean Gnanduilet and not Kasteneer. 

lost in space

He would never get these chances if playing for Hearts - on the 2 goals there was 2 or more Dunfermline players on the edge of the 6 yard box.  We are not allowed more than 1 player in the 18 yard box at any one time. It is a rule.

Just now, Cruyff said:

:lol: two immense finishes. He's had a few crackers this season. 

The one he scored against Arbroath (I think) when he chipped the keeper was an absolute corker. 

Nelly Terraces

Whilst I believe Wighton probably isn’t up to standard for Hearts, the fact he’s been dreadful for 2 years but then when he does find a bit of form that’s the point in which we decide to offload load him,  not to any club, but one which is direct rival to us for promotion, and he scores twice on his debut to me is the point at which we’ve reached ‘Peak Hearts’.

A club that haven’t managed to get a tune, bar about 2 brief exceptions (Sow & to some extent Boyce) from a revolving door of poor forwards for 15 years & played the most stupefying dull football the past 5 years - get rid of a bloke & all of a sudden he scores whilst we toil away to little effect against the Mighty Morton at home.

Pretty much sums this club up - especially in the now chronically poor Budge era.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is he now a world beater having left? 

Okay his two goals might just be a fluke, but doesn't it ask the question why does he seem to click when away from our turgid set-up?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The one he scored against Arbroath (I think) when he chipped the keeper was an absolute corker. 

Yeah and his solo effort v Raith. Boy can finish. 

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Okay his two goals might just be a fluke, but doesn't it ask the question why does he seem to click when away from our turgid set-up?

Nothing flukey about them. Two well taken goals, especially the second which was a great front post run & header.  I think he'll score a lot of goals for Dunfermline, as their style of play suits him and they are playing him as an out & out striker. When we played him in the correct position he scored goals, notably a hattrick Vs Raith, and two against Ayr United.  His goal against H1b5 was a textbook strikers goal. 

Maybe the championship is his level, but that is where we are playing our football at the moment, so a proven championship level goal scorer must surely be an asset worth keeping .

13 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Is he that good. 

Aye he's brilliant mate, one of the best in the country, if not Europe. Dunfermline have just signed the Scottish equivalent of Lionel Messi and our hopes of promotion have surely ended. ☹️

2 hours ago, chrystaf said:

No, same problem at Hearts for any striker: no decent balls into box from midfield or wings.   Roberts moving to Well has not been a success so far.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye he's brilliant mate, one of the best in the country, if not Europe. Dunfermline have just signed the Scottish equivalent of Lionel Messi and our hopes of promotion have surely ended. ☹️

He'll be a legend soon.