• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seats

• Stuart McNeill

• Morgaro Gomis

• yvonnejambo

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I voted Andy because of the toys of the pram routine. Seen it happen so

many times then usually don’t bother voting for them and later on In the game It turns out it was a goon tactic. 

Anyways Andy, nothing personal mate. 

Wooo

I know mate, only a game. Cheers 👍🏼

Wooo

10 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Andy I love your enthusiasm mate but FFS please stay a wee bit quieter first day next time please!!!!

Wooo

Game before last I had 5 or 6 posts day one and was still lynched on day 1. Canny win 🤦🏽‍♂️

Wooo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Wooo

Game before last I had 5 or 6 posts day one and was still lynched on day 1. Canny win 🤦🏽‍♂️

Wooo

Townies are always expendable Andy. Appreciate it's not fun going out on day one but if it's going to help the town then so be it.

I think you're a good player as it's difficult to work you out and it's great that you've got so invested in these games, but you leave yourself open to accusation by jumping on the slightest thing.

Hopefully the cop will work their magic tonight and find a goon.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Redcat may have played different versions of this game before, but my gut tells me that if she was a goon then her fellow goons would have got her to avoid doing what she did as it is a huge red flag.

Bearing in my mind, my radar for spotting goons has been broken a lot recently so it could be completely wide of the mark here!

Riddley Walker

I'm not quite sure what happened at the end there. If there's a few of us under suspicion I'm more than happy to volunteer to be investigated to clear my name and lengthen the trust list. If I wasn't investigated already, that is. 

1 hour ago, Seats said:

This is fast adopting the legend status of uncle Brynn's "fishing trip". I think the air should be cleared and get it out in the open....

Just be grateful Gofs wasn’t playing that game or in the pm chat 😂

Morning all. 

Just a quick reminder to those who think I'm playing a different game.

Last game I was killed midway through day 1.

Game before that I was a goon.

Game before than I was a goon.

A change in style surely means I'm less likely to be a goon 😂

Day 2 goon list

Ian

Redcat

Peaky

Seats

Stuart

Last night was weird and still think a goon would be involved. 

Tenaciousdandy

Still not a lot to go on except the late redcat and alim votes on andy, alim has gave an explanation which seems reasonable but could be an excuse, Redcat has been pretty quiet since the lynch so would be good to get an explanation to her let's get this over with vote on andy when there was a couple of others on similar vote numbers to him 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

The following players were all on 2 votes:

Prince

Andy

stuart

Morgaro

Riddley

Smack

Redcat and Alim with the two late votes ensured Andy got lynched.

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t at least one goon in the above list. Question is, was Redcat and/or Alim trying to protect them?

We can obviously rule Prince and Andy out of the list.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of this.

Stuart, Morgaro, Riddley and Smack along with Redcat and Alim have either raised their heads above the parapet or had them raised by others.

I fully expect there to be folk in there (they can't ALL be goons!) who are innocent good guys just caught in the crossfire of a random couple of votes and unable to do anything to protect themselves. A bit like the situation Andy found himself in. Happy to go to a tiebreak if needed - not too big a miss to the town if they do lose out.

So if Alim and Redcat were protecting...who was it? Those 4 must be ripe for investigating tonight - if not already done so.

I was getting townie vibes from Dunks and Geoff yesterday - nothing has happened to change that but the wool is fairly easy to pull over my eyes... 😕 

I know it's easy to say with hindsight but I was getting townie vibes from Andy as well...

I'd urge re-reading from day 1 with the information we have (which isn't very much, admittedly) and see if that throws any light on the day's interactions.

Actually - what info do we have?

Andy - townie
Prince - assassin

And the Cop/Masons know someone good. Presume that'll be kept under wraps for the meantime.

Having read back some of yesterday, Geoff hurts my head with his mind games. Never sure if he is bluffing, double bluffing ir triple bluffing.

unvote sheldon

Vote geoff

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, Seats said:

Having read back some of yesterday, Geoff hurts my head with his mind games. Never sure if he is bluffing, double bluffing ir triple bluffing.

unvote sheldon

Vote geoff

:laugh:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I’m always extremely wary of players who unvote late in order to vote someone else and lynch them. It always looks like they’re protecting someone.

@AlimOzturk @redcat 

Care to explain your late vote changes?

tbh I just wanted a lynch before the deadline and I thought Andy was beig suss, my vote change wouldn't really have protected anyone, he was already out in lead I think

I do feel a bit bad as someone said in a previous post, people who get into the game and chat more stick out, especially to someone new trying to learn names! Sorry Andy! At least I was right about him last game!

And someone else said in another post I was perhaps being naive - I agree! New to mafia online, only played in person so very different. 

3 minutes ago, redcat said:

I do feel a bit bad as someone said in a previous post, people who get into the game and chat more stick out, especially to someone new trying to learn names! Sorry Andy! At least I was right about him last game!

And someone else said in another post I was perhaps being naive - I agree! New to mafia online, only played in person so very different. 

How does it work in person?  I've always been quite intrigued by it. I take it you need a decent amount of people?

5 minutes ago, Shapes said:

How does it work in person?  I've always been quite intrigued by it. I take it you need a decent amount of people?

There's quite a few different ways, obviously all go a lot quicker than online! There is a games with cards and an app called One Night Ultimate Werewolf where you play a quick game with very few players as there is no narrator / mod because the app tells you what to do. But then you can also play in a larger group, roles given out on pieces of paper, with a narrator who leads the phases, asking certain people to open and close their eyes at night and take actions. The day time is really fun with lots of conversation, in some games people nominate a mayor to manage day vote, or in some at the end of the day everyone just points at once to do their lynch vote. It's different as you are also listening out at night for the goons gesturing (or can bluff about it!), and also during day you are trying to read body language.

25 minutes ago, redcat said:

There's quite a few different ways, obviously all go a lot quicker than online! There is a games with cards and an app called One Night Ultimate Werewolf where you play a quick game with very few players as there is no narrator / mod because the app tells you what to do. But then you can also play in a larger group, roles given out on pieces of paper, with a narrator who leads the phases, asking certain people to open and close their eyes at night and take actions. The day time is really fun with lots of conversation, in some games people nominate a mayor to manage day vote, or in some at the end of the day everyone just points at once to do their lynch vote. It's different as you are also listening out at night for the goons gesturing (or can bluff about it!), and also during day you are trying to read body language.

Yeah I have played this with youth groups and they need to be able to keep their eyes closed whilst the cop points to who to investigate and doc points to who should be saved etc. It’s good fun 

Tenaciousdandy
31 minutes ago, redcat said:

tbh I just wanted a lynch before the deadline and I thought Andy was beig suss, my vote change wouldn't really have protected anyone, he was already out in lead I think

When you placed your vote, andy was on 2 along with Morgaro, Prince, smack and riddley, your vote then put him into the lead on with 3 votes

I do understand that your new to the game and still getting used to players and andy was looking the most dodgy with the toys out the pram etc, so may have just been naive as you say, but as usual on day 2 we don't have a lot to go on so votes like yours will be questioned as it has been by a few players 

Fair enough, I get it!

So if day ends with folks on equal votes, what happens? sorry if it's already been said. No lynch or is it worked out another way?

I’m prepared to cut redcat some slack on this one.

Unless we are being played it looks like a genuine new player mistake.

Caveat: If she turns out to be a goon then the gloves are off for next game!!

5 minutes ago, redcat said:

Fair enough, I get it!

So if day ends with folks on equal votes, what happens? sorry if it's already been said. No lynch or is it worked out another way?

Depending on who is mod, could be a random name generator, or sometime the mod will run a (virtual) penalty shoot out competition, where those invovled with pm with where they would shoot (left, right, middle) and see who scores more goals out of 5.

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, redcat said:

Fair enough, I get it!

If there is a tie, there is usually a penalty shootout, where the players involved send the mod 5 left, centre or right choices for there shots

A few games ago me and Dawnrazor, don't think he's been involved in tje last 2 games tho, me and him where in a tie and kept matching our choices, first penalties then rock paper scissors, a random number between 1 and 500 and we kept picking the same things it was weird lol finalay shapes asked us to pick a date we thought she was getting married on and we were a day apart it was mental, has never happened again 🤣

Morgaro Gomis
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

The following players were all on 2 votes:

Prince

Andy

stuart

Morgaro

Riddley

Smack

Redcat and Alim with the two late votes ensured Andy got lynched.

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t at least one goon in the above list. Question is, was Redcat and/or Alim trying to protect them?

We can obviously rule Prince and Andy out of the list.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

I find myself agreeing with a lot of this.

Stuart, Morgaro, Riddley and Smack along with Redcat and Alim have either raised their heads above the parapet or had them raised by others.

I fully expect there to be folk in there (they can't ALL be goons!) who are innocent good guys just caught in the crossfire of a random couple of votes and unable to do anything to protect themselves. A bit like the situation Andy found himself in. Happy to go to a tiebreak if needed - not too big a miss to the town if they do lose out.

So if Alim and Redcat were protecting...who was it? Those 4 must be ripe for investigating tonight - if not already done so.

I was getting townie vibes from Dunks and Geoff yesterday - nothing has happened to change that but the wool is fairly easy to pull over my eyes... 😕 

I know it's easy to say with hindsight but I was getting townie vibes from Andy as well...

I'd urge re-reading from day 1 with the information we have (which isn't very much, admittedly) and see if that throws any light on the day's interactions.

Actually - what info do we have?

Andy - townie
Prince - assassin

And the Cop/Masons know someone good. Presume that'll be kept under wraps for the meantime.

I understand the doubt regarding me and the others. I said from the start I didn’t think the pile on on Andy was right as he hadn’t done anything outright dodgy.

I’m happy to be voted out or investigated to prove I’m just a townie. Voted out is probably better so that the cop doesn’t waste an investigation.

29 minutes ago, redcat said:

Fair enough, I get it!

Edited by iantjambo
Already explained by Dandy

1 hour ago, redcat said:

You’re always going to get suspicious glances if you put someone out in front late on and that person turns out to be good.

27 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

A few games ago me and Dawnrazor, don't think he's been involved in tje last 2 games tho, me and him where in a tie and kept matching our choices, first penalties then rock paper scissors, a random number between 1 and 500 and we kept picking the same things it was weird lol finalay shapes asked us to pick a date we thought she was getting married on and we were a day apart it was mental, has never happened again 🤣

Incredible!!

I am going to be more cautious with votes now, don't want to look like I am part of a goon plan, but I am aware I may easily get swept up in one by following lead.

I want another statement from Geoff on his role!

I have explained why I voted Andy. He does draw attention to himself with his posting style but that’s because he plays the game and I hope he doesn’t change to much. I am a townie so no huge loss if I am lynched but also happy to be investigated unless I was investigated last night. 

40 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

If there is a tie, there is usually a penalty shootout, where the players involved send the mod 5 left, centre or right choices for there shots

That was mental 😂 

We were all convinced that you were goons playing the goat 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have explained why I voted Andy. He does draw attention to himself with his posting style but that’s because he plays the game and I hope he doesn’t change to much. I am a townie so no huge loss if I am lynched but also happy to be investigated unless I was investigated last night. 

Yeah, you did explain your reasoning 👍🏻 

You’re not quite making the trust list yet though 😁

Riddley Walker

Although yesterday was fun we aren't much further forward - although I guess the masons and cop now have a trust list of 5 including themselves, and losing the assassin gives us another safety net.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going for a vote tonight.

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That was mental 😂 

We were all convinced that you were goons playing the goat 🤣🤣

The plan when it was happening was to try and get suspicion on Dawnrazor, didn't work out very well tho as  sure Dawn was investigated that night lol 

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Although yesterday was fun we aren't much further forward - although I guess the masons and cop now have a trust list of 5 including themselves, and losing the assassin gives us another safety net.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going for a vote tonight.

That's the positive thing about a cop mason team they have a decent trust list to start with and the cop doesn't waste any investigations on masons 

3 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

That's the positive thing about a cop mason team they have a decent trust list to start with and the cop doesn't waste any investigations on masons 

Agreed. I like the mason/cop team. Might implement it in my next game.

Stuart McNeill
8 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I mean if you're a goon atm, it's definitely not a positive imo but equally they're not gaining a separate cop too tbf

Edited by Stuart McNeill

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m prepared to cut redcat some slack on this one.

Unless we are being played it looks like a genuine new player mistake.

Caveat: If she turns out to be a goon then the gloves are off for next game!!

Remember schooled by her dad. 

36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So you like the way he plays and posts and don't want him to change, yet you lynched him anyway?

:interehjrling:

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Remember schooled by her dad. 

Who is redcat's Dad? Have I missed something? 🤷‍♂️

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I mean if you're a goon atm, it's definitely not a positive imo but equally they're not gaining a separate cop too tbf

Yeah I agree it does favour the town more than the goons, but there is also the turncoat that can be a massive help to the goons as it wipes out the previous investigations if he/she is found, altho I don't think the turncoat has ever lasted very long in any game so far

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Who is redcat's Dad? Have I missed something? 🤷‍♂️

GOFS is related to seats. Seats the fathers, GOFS the daughter

2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Yeah I agree it does favour the town more than the goons, but there is also the turncoat that can be a massive help to the goons as it wipes out the previous investigations if he/she is found, altho I don't think the turncoat has ever lasted very long in any game so far

Yeah the turncoat is unfortunate never to survive. Did you survive long as one?