Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

46 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s fair enough! Thinking positively, you are paying money to watch Hearts play and when they win it’s the best feeling in the world regardless of who or where they play!

Exactly and not being local to Edinburgh its actually quite novel to be able to watch us in games that ordinarily wouldn't be televised, throw in the fact we are in lockdown and there is fu*k all else to do i'm quite happy to part with some money to watch us regardless of who it may benefit.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

39 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

It's not the £14, it's the principle.

I understand that but where does it end, when supporters are allowed back in will you continue to not put any money in to other clubs coffers that wronged us?

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

I understand that but where does it end, when supporters are allowed back in will you continue to not put any money in to other clubs coffers that wronged us?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

lend us £50 Ramagio....I'll pay you back. honest.

9 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

ahh, wait, did we not stream an away game earlier on in the season? Maybe it was something to do with that where the profits were split?

I could also be talking absolute nonsense.. it has been known to happen 😂

I think you are talking about the Cowdenbeath away game in the cup where we provided facilities to broadcast it therefore money was split.

Still didn't give the gobshite Donald Findlay a penny 🖕

12 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

It’s simple. You make your own decision and you go with it. Too many folk worried about what everyone else is thinking, saying and doing. Some of these folk urging you not to go, or not to pay to watch, PROBABLY never went to away games anyway and POSSIBLY not even to home games. 

I’ll be going to 3-4 away games next season as per usual. We have a boys day out, when the weather is nicer, get the train, have a picnic, go on the piss, watch Hearts. Finish with a curry in town. It’s what football is about. Doesn’t matter to us where go although we normally avoid the OF. The day out is not as much fun for some reason we can’t quite put our finger on.

The best way to financially harm these clubs is to finish ahead of as many of them as you possibly can.

Edited by JimmyCant

bobby bombscare
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I think you are talking about the Cowdenbeath away game in the cup where we provided facilities to broadcast it therefore money was split.

Still didn't give the gobshite Donald Findlay a penny 🖕

That could very well be what i was thinking of! Cheers.

Need to win this tonight, anything other than 3 points and the knives will be out for RN and rightly so in my opinion. We should have had this league all but tied up already with the opposition we are up against most weeks. Mostly down to desire and heart, an area we have lacked for years. Can't recall the last time we had a team that would consistently fight for the jersey. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s simple. You make your own decision and you go with it. Too many folk worried about what everyone else is thinking, saying and doing. Some of these folk urging you not to go, or not to pay to watch, PROBABLY never went to away games anyway and POSSIBLY not even to home games. 

I’ll be going to 3-4 away games next season as per usual. We have a boys day out, when the weather is nicer, get the train, have a picnic, go on the piss, watch Hearts. Finish with a curry in town. It’s what football is about. Doesn’t matter to us where go although we normally avoid the OF. The day out is not as much fun for some reason we can’t quite put our finger on.

The best way to financially harm these clubs is to finish ahead of as many of them as you possibly can.

Spot on 👍

Just hope we are in a position to have the option sooner rather than later.....surely the start of next season with reduced capacities is realistic?

Just now, PapaShango said:

Need to win this tonight, anything other than 3 points and the knives will be out for RN and rightly so in my opinion. We should have had this league all but tied up already with the opposition we are up against most weeks. Mostly down to desire and heart, an area we have lacked for years. Can't recall the last time we had a team that would consistently fight for the jersey. 

Win or lose and that will still happen

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

😛

Raith not getting a feckin penny either. 

0169fd4f9b442c57-borat-high-five-animate

I have no idea whether I have Raith TV or not.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Probably not the time to sack him but he should rightly be under pressure if we lose tonight or Saturday.  No excuses really for losing 4/5 games out of 13/14 league games against absolute dross plus at Alloa in the cup.  We would have pissed this league whoever the manager was whether it’s Neilson, Levein or Stendel  but I’m not seeing any progress this season.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Spot on 👍

Just hope we are in a position to have the option sooner rather than later.....surely the start of next season with reduced capacities is realistic?

Can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to go to football if you’ve been vaccinated in all honesty. The population won’t stand for these restrictions beyond the time where the vaccination programme is almost done. 

Full meltdown if we dont win this tonight. 

Rightfully so too. I've not been overly critical of RN but we should seriously be questioning him if we lose tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Probably not the time to sack him but he should rightly be under pressure if we lose tonight or Saturday.  No excuses really for losing 4/5 games out of 13/14 leagues against absolute dross plus at Alloa in the cup.  We would have pissed this league whoever the manager was whether it’s Neilson, Levein or Strendel but I’m not seeing any progress this season.  

He’s not going to be sacked for losing tonight, even if he also loses on Saturday. He should be sacked if he doesn’t win promotion but possibly won’t be. When Ann Budge steps completely away, he’ll be sacked within months if not weeks IMO. If he is here after Christmas 2021 I’ll be astonished and pleasantly surprised at the same time, because we’ll be doing okay in the top league if he has kept his job that long.

He should not have been appointed. The job is too big for him. I don’t believe the players look up to him, rate him or respect him. He’ll be found out and gone before too long hopefully and we’ll finally get someone in who can handle the job.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, Ramagio87 said:

I know i shouldn't be buying any PPV coverage from any club other than ICT but i can't help but do so.

I want to be able to watch us play without the risk of dodgy streams dropping off halfway through or as we have a chance to score.

Its only £14 at the end of the day....

It's only £14 going to a club who not only played a massive part in expelling us from the Prem, but they also took great pleasure in celebrating the fact and very much rubbed Falkirk's noses in it.

If you are OK giving them £14, what can we do, really, it's up to you.  I'd suggest all form of protest involves sacrifice and missing us playing away from home on a Tuesday night at Raith, or perhaps watching on a shaky stream?  Well it isn't exactly the miners strike.

The status quo will always remain in Scottish football because no one ever follows through their grievances.  We just moan then get on with it as we always do.

It's "only" £14.  Yup and if 10,000 of us who probably really want to see the game pay that.... here's £140k Raith, use it well.

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Full meltdown if we dont win this tonight. 

Rightfully so too. I've not been overly critical of RN but we should seriously be questioning him if we lose tonight. 

If we lose tonight, it’s out of our hands.  Raith win their games in hand and they could go top on GD.  Good news is that one of those games in hand is v Dundee, so points will be dropped in the title race one way or another.  

Depressing stat, but only 4 teams in this league have lost more games than us.  We need to screw the nut and get some consistency going again. 

Controversial, but if Armand G is fit, I’d drop Naismith and go two up top.  

Edited by gashauskis9

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's only £14 going to a club who not only played a massive part in expelling us from the Prem, but they also took great pleasure in celebrating the fact and very much rubbed Falkirk's noses in it.

If you are OK giving them £14, what can we do, really, it's up to you.  I'd suggest all form of protest involves sacrifice and missing us playing away from home on a Tuesday night at Raith, or perhaps watching on a shaky stream?  Well it isn't exactly the miners strike.

The status quo will always remain in Scottish football because no one ever follows through their grievances.  We just moan then get on with it as we always do.

It's "only" £14.  Yup and if 10,000 of us who probably really want to see the game pay that.... here's £140k Raith, use it well.

James Anderson gave them £50k and I didn’t see him being called a traitor or a scab or scum 

36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I've got Raith TV on my Tele. 

:verysmug:

Just checked my firestick and I’ve got it too. Was just going to follow jkb for updates but can watch it all for free now 😂

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nice to go into this as the underdog.

3 1 Raith Rovers,  we are not at their level yet

😁

I think we'll cause a shock and win 2-1.

JKB will be worse than the defeat on Saturday.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

James Anderson gave them £50k and I didn’t see him being called a traitor or a scab or scum 

He's given us a few million tho, he gets a pass.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Paying or not paying is a personal choice. There is no boycott. It’s up to you. You’re not scum or a scab if you pay RR to watch it and you’re not a heroic defender of the faith if you decline

I pay Hearts to watch home matches and I pay someone else to provide me with streams for away matches.

On quality and reliability alone I wouldn’t pay for an away stream. Folk that want to pay should bash on and pay, however it’s possibly a bit insensitive to be saying on here that you’re doing it and if I was doing it I’d keep it to myself since it’s my business and not up for debate which choice I make.

Spot on

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I understand what you are saying but in terms of the status quo remaining in Scottish football as a result of not giving Raith some money is a bit over the top. What are you suggesting we do going forward? Will you not go to any derbies any more?

As i said earlier what happens next season and subsequent seasons? I'm not going to miss out on enjoying seeing Hearts win tonight or in the future because of what happened in the fallout of last season regardless of what a farce it was.

Life is too short to worry about giving Raith a tenner to watch my team play, i'd much rather watch us batter them on the park (wishful thinking i know) and take satisfaction in that we won't be playing them again for a long time.

Each to their own and all that, I've not said anything about people refusing to pay but plenty having a pop because i intend to.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more following through on grievances imo.

Agreed-  Arson, kidnapping , stabbings and the likes  should not be ruled out.

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's given us a few million tho, he gets a pass.

This isn’t about us though. We will be fine financially. It’s about people giving other clubs money. Personally I was horrified that he did that when he did it, right in the middle of our battle with the clubs and football authorities the bloody fool chucks millions at them.

Edited by JimmyCant

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed-  Arson, kidnapping , stabbings and the likes  should not be ruled out.

I'm warming to you, Tosh.

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

If we lose tonight, it’s out of our hands.  Raith win their games in hand and they could go top on GD.  Good news is that one of those games in hand is v Dundee, so points will be dropped in the title race one way or another.  

Depressing stat, but only 4 teams in this league have lost more games than us.  We need to screw the nut and get some consistency going again. 

Controversial, but if Armand G is fit, I’d drop Naismith and go two up top.  

How about an encouraging stat: you get 3 points for a win, only one for a draw. We are top of the league. We have more points than we would if we were unbeaten with 7 wins and 5 draws

Just now, JimmyCant said:

WTF has that got to do with the price of fish??

James Anderson put together a package for Scottish football to allow them to continue any angle of community work they do.  He is strongly of the belief that football is a vital part of the fabric of society, as much as art, theatre, hospitality etc,  And he's right.  Putting money in to the game widely, he couldn't really cherry pick the good guys and the bad guys, if he feels like that, and perhaps he does or doesn't.

We, as fans, have the chance to ensure that those who directly wronged us and especially the ones who did is shamelessly and danced on it, don't get a penny from us.  Let's remember all these chairmen wanted us in their league so we could be their cashcow.  And you think we should just pony up?  **** that.  Serious Stockholm syndrome.

If you're angry about what happened to us - which you must be - I just don't see how you can justify paying money to the likes of Raith.  Not this season anyway.

I know that's really just my opinion and I've no right to call anyone names, but I feel incredibly strongly about this, so hope you understand.  If I don't see one minute of an away game this season, that'll be a gap in my life, as I try to see every minute of every Hearts game in one way or another (live, pref, obviously).  But that's the minimum sacrifice required to show we won't be used and abused how we were.

Imagine the likes of that Raith chairman, or that yank at Ayr (I know he's gone now) sitting counting the cash rolling in from Hearts fans... does that not make you sick?

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Spot on 👍

I think it will probably be just home fans for quite a while at first once fans are allowed back.

Except for clubs like St midden, Killie etc who will just give their ground over to OF fans and tell their own fans to stay away

5 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

I understand what you are saying but in terms of the status quo remaining in Scottish football as a result of not giving Raith some money is a bit over the top. What are you suggesting we do going forward? Will you not go to any derbies any more?

As i said earlier what happens next season and subsequent seasons? I'm not going to miss out on enjoying seeing Hearts win tonight or in the future because of what happened in the fallout of last season regardless of what a farce it was.

Life is too short to worry about giving Raith a tenner to watch my team play, i'd much rather watch us batter them on the park (wishful thinking i know) and take satisfaction in that we won't be playing them again for a long time.

Each to their own and all that, I've not said anything about people refusing to pay but plenty having a pop because i intend to.

Genuinely apologise.  People are free to do what they want mate.

I can't physically stomach the thought of those chairmen having my money.  Look, it may just be this season, but some sort of even small stand is surely in order.  What do you think the Raith chairman would think if he checks and there were literally no streams purchased outwith Kirkaldy.  Nice!

As for my status quo statement - that's not just this.  It's Scottish football as a whole.  Fans, clubs, media.  It's subservience, apathy and sleepwalking.  Has been for years.  We actually all hate Scottish football.  But we pay the masters, we let them away with murder.  We let them keep their strangelhold

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

WTF has that got to do with the price of fish??

James Anderson put together a package for Scottish football to allow them to continue any angle of community work they do.  He is strongly of the belief that football is a vital part of the fabric of society, as much as art, theatre, hospitality etc,  And he's right.  Putting money in to the game widely, he couldn't really cherry pick the good guys and the bad guys, if he feels like that, and perhaps he does or doesn't.

We, as fans, have the chance to ensure that those who directly wronged us and especially the ones who did is shamelessly and danced on it, don't get a penny from us.  Let's remember all these chairmen wanted us in their league so we could be their cashcow.  And you think we should just pony up?  **** that.  Serious Stockholm syndrome.

If you're angry about what happened to us - which you must be - I just don't see how you can justify paying money to the likes of Raith.  Not this season anyway.

I know that's really just my opinion and I've no right to call anyone names, but I feel incredibly strongly about this, so hope you understand.  If I don't see one minute of an away game this season, that'll be a gap in my life, as I try to see every minute of every Hearts game in one way or another (live, pref, obviously).  But that's the minimum sacrifice required to show we won't be used and abused how we were.

Imagine the likes of that Raith chairman, or that yank at Ayr (I know he's gone now) sitting counting the cash rolling in from Hearts fans... does that not make you sick?

James Anderson was free to distribute his money as he saw fit. I’d have stood and applauded loudly if he had split meaningful money between clubs like Partick. Falkirk Stranraer Kelty Brora ICT. Clubs that were unfairly damaged. He gave 50k to Celtic FFS. Are they a welcome and cherished part of the fabric of Scottish society all of a sudden ? Christ they probably bought another 20 tickets to Dubai with it. 

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😁

I think we'll cause a shock and win 2-1.

JKB will be worse than the defeat on Saturday.

Should be looking at getting their management team in 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

James Anderson was free to distribute his money as he saw fit. I’d have stood and applauded loudly if he had split meaningful money between clubs like Partick. Falkirk Stranraer Kelly Brora ICT. Clubs that were unfairly damaged. He gave 50k to Celtic FFS. Are they part of the fabric of Scottish society all of a sudden ? Christ they probably bought another 20 tickets to Dubai with it. 

I know.  I'm not in control of his actions.  Or anyone else's mate.

I've openly apologised for being forceful on this issue.  I feel strongly we shouldn't be giving them a penny as a support.  The end.

There's always an excuse not to make sacrifice, be that for any cause.  Whataboutery is probably the most common.

I get paying is a personal choice but why would you even want to if you can watch it for nothing? Raith don’t need your 14 quid as much as you do. 

22 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

23 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Why don’t you just pay the money and watch the match and keep quiet about it? Why come on here and tell everybody about it? Its up to you if you’re prepared to give these clubs money or not.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I know.  I'm not in control of his actions.  Or anyone else's mate.

I've openly apologised for being forceful on this issue.  I feel strongly we shouldn't be giving them a penny as a support.  The end.

There's always an excuse not to make sacrifice, be that for any cause.  Whataboutery is probably the most common.

Cool mate. I just don’t like seeing people bullied and called scum and scabs (not you) for the relative drop in the ocean £14 they are paying to watch a Hearts game. What happened to us was grossly unfair, driven by cheats and liars in our game. Some clubs, a lot of the ones we are ‘boycotting’ were placed in an impossible position by Doncaster and others and let’s not pretend we wouldn’t have probably just went along with it and voted to call the season had we been mid table, like Motherwell and St Johnstone and Kilmarnock and loads of other clubs in other leagues did. We were shafted but it’s done now and we’ll never forget who shafted us and who defended us, but personally I want to get back to watching Hearts sometime soon and and that means paying who needs to be paid for the privilege 

5 minutes ago, buzz said:

Why don’t you just pay the money and watch the match and keep quiet about it? Why come on here and tell everybody about it? Its up to you if you’re prepared to give these clubs money or not.

Exactly. Noone is forcing anyone to 'boycott'. Do your own thing...however, if you come on here posting links to these scumbags PPV or saying you're purchasing it then you open yourself up to criticism/mockery.

Why do folk think Hearts haven't announced this stream with just over 4hrs to go? They know there'd a huge backlash on their social media outlets.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get paying is a personal choice but why would you even want to if you can watch it for nothing? Raith don’t need your 14 quid as much as you do. 

There'll be a stream, vip box 100% for free. Possibly hesgoal if there is not many games on today.