Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Glamorgan Jambo
2 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Will there be a free stream somewhere for this one?

On the BBC Scotland channel. No need to search for dodgy streams or pay £ for a picture out of FIFA 2003

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

3 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

On the BBC Scotland channel. No need to search for dodgy streams or pay £ for a picture out of FIFA 2003

It's not on BBC Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Is it? Can't see it listed. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've continually posted that CB's are more of a priority than strikers this window. But as for the 4231... while Naismith spends a fair amount of time up front, he also spends a fair amount of time on the right, left and also coming deep (like Boyce), they don't play as out and out forwards. It's far easier to defend against one striker/forward than two and, for me, this is why we're easy to defend/play against. If we had two up front, it would give our midfield a bit more space. Perhaps they need to be more structured in their approach. However, I'm not a fan of these fancy diamonds - I think they're fair enough if you have the talent and levels of fitness required... but for the championship? Keep it simple, structured - we have better players than everyone else so we shouldn't have to 'change' our shape or mindset depending on the opponent in this league. Like most on here, I'm no manager, just my opinion.

Trying to sign Adenauer suggests we are going 442 in future. Get the best out of poacher Boyce. Not sure there’s a place for Naismith when all fit. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Trying to sign Adenauer suggests we are going 442 in future. Get the best out of poacher Boyce. Not sure there’s a place for Naismith when all fit. 

You may be right. Think it may mean be a straight choice between Naismith & Boyce.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

like me bud, all part of the rollercoaster .

Reminded me of the games (at Tynie) between Hamilton and Kilmarnock at the back end of last season!

6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

My bad it seems I am mistaken on this.

Two games on the fifth and twelfth of Feb on the Friday nights are on bbc against Ayr and q of South. 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Reminded me of the games (at Tynie) between Hamilton and Kilmarnock at the back end of last season!

Aye remember them 😕.

I’ve held off commenting as I was absolutely apoplectic with rage on Saturday. However I have calmed down now and see where we are as this:

ATTITUDE.

I have banged on about this before but it seems to be there is a very poor attitude entrenched within the club.

Why the slow, ponderous build up? Do we think we are THAT good we can merely turn it on like a tap?

Slow build up allows the opposition to get into a decent shape and become very, very difficult to break down. All we see is side passes and backwards passes, no tempo, no urgency. When Raith had possession they ran at us, centrally, down the flanks, getting our full back and centre halfs turning and having to run back; hence two penalties conceded. However Kennedy did seem to dive at the second.

And also why oh why do we allow teams to run at us? To run past us? Do we think we can ALWAYS deal with it later on in the move? Later in the counter attack? Looking at the goals conceded in the games lost, there is a theme emerging. Against Dunfermline, we allowed Dom Thomas to drift in from the wing and get a shot away, result: goal.

Against Dundee, we allowed Charlie Adam to evade us, dance down the wing, get a cross in from the bye line, result: goal.

Against Raith, we allowed Kai Kennedy, TWICE, to evade us down the wing, get a penalty/cross, result; goal/s.

Why does this continue to happen? Why not deal with the threat 30, 40 yards from goal, accept the yellow card and defend the free kick? Even Sandison said in commentary that perhaps Halkett should have taken one for the team and ‘wiped out’ Kennedy at 3rd goal; did he/we not learn anything after the second bl**dy goal went in?

Are our players not made aware of the threat of certain players?

I watched QOS v ICT earlier in the season and Kennedy stuck out a mile. ICT also scored a goal identical to the 3rd we conceded on Saturday. Were we not aware this young lad had this in his locker?

I just cannot fathom this ‘usher’ the player attitude. Nullify the threat far enough away from goal and defend from there. Or perhaps just grow a pair and put in a solid tackle.

Forget getting a striker in this window. We need a couple of decent centre halfs and a whole attitude change from to bottom. Allowing the opposition the initiative, the urgency to get at us has to stop. Deal with the threat at source, don’t bl**dy wait FFS! I can see the problem and I’m no tactical genius!

The only thing, the one saving grace is that it looks like the other teams, our ‘rivals’ for promotion, will be more inconsistent than us.

But that is probably more a hope than an expectation.

Hopefully they will ALL have had a good kick in the erchie and will put in a decent shift tomorrow night.

Ok, rant over…

5 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

I’ve held off commenting as I was absolutely apoplectic with rage on Saturday. However I have calmed down now and see where we are as this:

ATTITUDE.

I have banged on about this before but it seems to be there is a very poor attitude entrenched within the club.

Why the slow, ponderous build up? Do we think we are THAT good we can merely turn it on like a tap?

Slow build up allows the opposition to get into a decent shape and become very, very difficult to break down. All we see is side passes and backwards passes, no tempo, no urgency. When Raith had possession they ran at us, centrally, down the flanks, getting our full back and centre halfs turning and having to run back; hence two penalties conceded. However Kennedy did seem to dive at the second.

And also why oh why do we allow teams to run at us? To run past us? Do we think we can ALWAYS deal with it later on in the move? Later in the counter attack? Looking at the goals conceded in the games lost, there is a theme emerging. Against Dunfermline, we allowed Dom Thomas to drift in from the wing and get a shot away, result: goal.

Against Dundee, we allowed Charlie Adam to evade us, dance down the wing, get a cross in from the bye line, result: goal.

Against Raith, we allowed Kai Kennedy, TWICE, to evade us down the wing, get a penalty/cross, result; goal/s.

Why does this continue to happen? Why not deal with the threat 30, 40 yards from goal, accept the yellow card and defend the free kick? Even Sandison said in commentary that perhaps Halkett should have taken one for the team and ‘wiped out’ Kennedy at 3rd goal; did he/we not learn anything after the second bl**dy goal went in?

I watched QOS v ICT earlier in the season and Kennedy stuck out a mile. ICT also scored a goal identical to the 3rd we conceded on Saturday. Were we not aware this young lad had this in his locker?

I just cannot fathom this ‘usher’ the player attitude. Nullify the threat far enough away from goal and defend from there. Or perhaps just grow a pair and put in a solid tackle.

Forget getting a striker in this window. We need a couple of decent centre halfs and a whole attitude change from to bottom. Allowing the opposition the initiative, the urgency to get at us has to stop. Deal with the threat at source, don’t bl**dy wait FFS! I can see the problem and I’m no tactical genius!

The only thing, the one saving grace is that it looks like the other teams, our ‘rivals’ for promotion, will be more inconsistent than us.

Hopefully they will ALL have had a good kick in the erchie and will put in a decent shift tomorrow night.

Ok, rant over…

Hard to argue with any of that tbh. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Would like to see a full 90+ mins of effort for this match.

Would love to see this too rather than 10 mins bursts of trying then going to sleep again. 

William H. Bonney

These streams I’ve watched of away games are so poor. Static cameras with no zoom. I know I shouldn’t but I’ll probably pay for the game through Raith rovers, assuming the quality will be considerably better. 

14 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

ATTITUDE.

Ok, rant over…

The slow starts are infuriating. Been like that for years, maybe barring a few games under Stendel and a couple of other games.

Why do we seem to want to "feel our way" in to games???! The players so so rarely come flying out the traps and grab the game by the neck.

Our football is so ponderous in every sense.

Just now, TheBigO said:

The slow starts are infuriating. Been like that for years, maybe barring a few games under Stendel and a couple of other games.

Why do we seem to want to "feel our way" in to games???! The players so so rarely come flying out the traps and grab the game by the neck.

Contrast now with the Burley team.

We were 2 maybe 3 up within 20 minutes, half an hour of some games.

I remember a home game against the sheep, think we were 3 up inside 20 minutes and it could have been double that! Remember Diamond was all over the shop like a cheap suit; blowing out his erchie.

How I value my memories...

9 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

These streams I’ve watched of away games are so poor. Static cameras with no zoom. I know I shouldn’t but I’ll probably pay for the game through Raith rovers, assuming the quality will be considerably better. 

Booooooooo

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Teams usually play in the manner of their managers, look at Liverpool/City for instance. Does that answer why were slow and ponderous without any spark or energy. My old man would describe Neilson as being someone you wouldn’t want to be stuck on a desert island with, Pep and Klopp being two guys you would like to have a pint with. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I know. 

Don’t do it, dodgy streams are as close to living life on the edge that law abiding citizens can get just now 😜

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I was confident on Saturday (over confident as it turned out) i foolishly thought the addition of GMS and a fit again Gino would put an end to our 4 years of walking football. Our defenders seem to wait until an attacker is in our box before fouling/risking a tackle,  as Sandison pointed out in  commentary at the 3rd Raith goal. Oh for a Berra before his injury 2 years ago.

ScandinavianJambo
43 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

ATTITUDE.

Ok, rant over…

100%!

StevenNaismith

I’d love to see the following team tomorrow night. Wishful thinking tho.

A fluid 3-5-2 with Haring dropping into CH when needed.

Gordon

Halkett

Smith

Kingsley

Ginnelly

McGill

Haring 
Irving

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Boyce

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I was confident on Saturday (over confident as it turned out) i foolishly thought the addition of GMS and a fit again Gino would put an end to our 4 years of walking football. Our defenders seem to wait until an attacker is in our box before fouling/risking a tackle,  as Sandison pointed out in  commentary at the 3rd Raith goal. Oh for a Berra before his injury 2 years ago.

actually when Gino came on, it gave GMS much more space.. we COULD have won that game with the number of chances we created in the second half.. I don’t actually think you are wrong as long as Gino stays fit 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

actually when Gino came on, it gave GMS much more space.. we COULD have won that game with the number of chances we created in the second half.. I don’t actually think you are wrong as long as Gino stays fit 

Tomorrow night should tell us a lot about the players and Robbie and their character/attitude. John McGlynn was made to look like Pep or Jose on Saturday compared to our game plan.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

£14 on Raith tv ppv 

Nice one, as means it'll be on a dodgy stream somewhere so can watch it while giving those ****s feck all money. :smug2:

29 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Halkett

Smith

Kingsley

Ginnelly

McGill

Haring 
Irving

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Boyce

Not a bad team but think the plastic pitch will knock that on the head with the likes of Naismith and Haring starting. 

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Teams usually play in the manner of their managers, look at Liverpool/City for instance. Does that answer why were slow and ponderous without any spark or energy. My old man would describe Neilson as being someone you wouldn’t want to be stuck on a desert island with, Pep and Klopp being two guys you would like to have a pint with. 

Ooh. think that may be a bit unfair.  I'm pretty certain his on-camera persona is a world away from how he is in general.  I've heard the guy's very sound a very good laugh.  Even know a couple of folk who went to school with him (and some dude from x factor or something!), and similar story.

I'd rather he was dour and we were brilliant right enough!

58 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Halkett

Smith

Kingsley

Ginnelly

McGill

Haring 
Irving

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Boyce

That looks like a good team to me, however going to a 3 at the back may be a bit beyond the understanding of our under achieving players right now. I like the midfield 5 and feel we need another creative player in there to help Irving, getting rid of Olly Lee was a bad move in my book. having 2 midfielders (irving & Halliday) is not enough, we need more creation and fast thinking.

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

I remember a home game against the sheep, think we were 3 up inside 20 minutes and it could have been double that! Remember Diamond was all over the shop like a cheap suit; blowing out his erchie.

I honestly thought we’d do similar this season. Starting quick and exposing teams who just shouldn’t be able to live with us. Instead we’re starting every game like it’s away at Celtic Park in front of a full house.

There have been numerous games where we’ve stepped it up and found out that teams couldn’t live with us at full pelt, even Raith were very lucky not to lose a 3 goal lead once we got going.

I really don’t understand our approach to games in this league,seriously it’s beyond my comprehension.

Edited by JimmyCant

If there's one crumb we can take from Saturday's defeat, it might end all the nonsense of this league being easy.   Every win has to be earned.  We need to have the right attitude from first whistle.  If we do then 3-1 Hearts.  

God help some of these players if they were playing in front of fans at tynecastle.They better get there finger out before next season as I’ve got a lot of pent up anger to vent at opposing teams but this lot might get both barrels .!!!! 😖

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I honestly thought we’d do similar this season. Starting quick and exposing teams who just shouldn’t be able to live with us. Instead we’re starting every game like it’s away at Celtic Park in front of a full house.

There have been numerous games where we’ve stepped it up and found out that teams couldn’t live with us at full pelt, even Raith were very lucky not to lose a 3 goal lead once we got going.

I really don’t understand our approach to games in this league,seriously it’s beyond my comprehension.

Yeah, I'm struggling too... it's not just this season though. We had numerous games last season with exactly the same lethargy in the first half  - I'm thinking Hamilton, Killie and st liedown towards the end of last season. Why can't we 'get up' for some of these games?

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Tomorrow night should tell us a lot about the players and Robbie and their character/attitude. John McGlynn was made to look like Pep or Jose on Saturday compared to our game plan.

Exactly.  Regardless of what the eleven is.

58 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Big week for us now. These 2 games are crucial. Need 6 points.

Big three weeks, three of next four away from home. We have not been at our best away from home yet. 

18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I'm struggling too... it's not just this season though. We had numerous games last season with exactly the same lethargy in the first half  - I'm thinking Hamilton, Killie and st liedown towards the end of last season. Why can't we 'get up' for some of these games?

Exactly. That’s why I thought and still think that the whole thing should have been ripped out and started again. Wipe the place clean of anyone who worked at the club connected to Levein. Get a new top to bottom team overseeing the football department and the coaching and get this awful signing policy binned. The number of players who are starting games for us who are nearly 30 or above is harming us IMO. None of them are hungry IMO We have to find a way to get a younger hungrier team on the park.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, John Rambo said:

And that was with a number of players who had virtually no pre-season. First game at Rugby Park some of the players did not go inside at half time as they felt if they sat down their legs would seize up, Now after more pre-season then any other team in this league we are no fitter than the butchers, bakers and candle stick makers we play. 

Kidd’s Boots

It will be interesting to see how we set up tomorrow night in light of the Gnanduillet signing. If RN sticks to not playing Naismith on artificial surfaces, we might see Wighton in ahead of Gnanduillet (not played since 26/12/20 in his interview) and setting up a 442 with a view to bringing him on for the last 30mins if available. Looking forward to how Boyce will set up playing off a Number 9, something he hasn't done since arriving. 

5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Nice one, as means it'll be on a dodgy stream somewhere so can watch it while giving those ****s feck all money. :smug2:

Do you think  "dodgy" stream is the new transfer window "slamming " shut?

6 hours ago, John Rambo said:

ATTITUDE.

Ok, rant over…

Not going to get in to the centre half debate but I think it is obvious to me our problem is that there is no one covering the defence . Every team needs that .

Not suggesting we sign him but Butcher is that kind of player . Hibs let Bartley go and suffered . Celtic need a Brown replacement

I'd like to think there is someone like the above on our radar

53 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Might be worth keeping a check on the weather again tomorrow.Might not be a bad thing if off.

Im still not confident of us getting a result tomorrow, Maybe would be a blessing if it was called off and gave us time to get a new central midfielder and central defender in. Can't believe I'm actually dreading playing rat rovers away, This isn't right.

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Not going to get in to the centre half debate but I think it is obvious to me our problem is that there is no one covering the defence . Every team needs that .

Not suggesting we sign him but Butcher is that kind of player . Hibs let Bartley go and suffered . Celtic need a Brown replacement

I'd like to think there is someone like the above on our radar

Agree, I think our problems are fundamentally in midfield, no box to box midfielder and without a fit Haring we're struggling.

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Agree, I think our problems are fundamentally in midfield, no box to box midfielder and without a fit Haring we're struggling.

Haring ,back to his best , would certainly be the answer . Otherwise sign a hammerthrower !

9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Haring ,back to his best , would certainly be the answer . Otherwise sign a hammerthrower !

Someone earlier mentioned Halkett for that position, might not be a bad shout for a MHT (midfield hammer thrower). Leaves us with nobody at CB.