Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Shame Walker has to play. Or two centre halves - think need to figure out something with Haring or Kingsley slotting in

One day we’ll see an a Xi that I completely like

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

I don't know what to think after seeing the lineup. You get rid of Frear or Roberts and its Walker on instead. 

I thought we had a decent side out at the weekend, expected a win and look how that went. So I'm not even making a prediction, I don't realistically expect a reaction from this team either.  

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

i get that, but then at the very start of the season he looked quality, think they've wrapped him in cotton wool a bit too much since when he really needed a run of games imo

Think it's just a bit of a double edged sword. As you say, if we don't give him game time, how can we expect him to get back to his best. However, another injury and he's done I think.

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

starting to think Robbie doesn't believe in Haring now tbh, the only way he'll get back to his best is with game time but he's barely getting any atm

Either that or his injury woes continue 🙄

He was so far off the pace against Dundee and has never been back on the pitch again. 

2 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

feels like a bloody lifetime ago that, few pints in the tynie arms then up the toon :sad:

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS start the new striker. If he only has an hour in him, fine, you can bring Walker on to rescue us (joke by the way) Sick of this lack of adventure. That line up actually bores me.

Agree, why wait until we are 3 down and the game is lost?

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, Locky said:

Wasn't at the game, but still nostalgic because I actually got to watch the last 20 minutes in a pub. An actual pub!

I just saw it there , a year ago tonight. Let's hope Nando gets a brace .

Ah the joys of the pub, i would hike it to the pub to watch a game.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

i get that, but then at the very start of the season he looked quality, think they've wrapped him in cotton wool a bit too much since when he really needed a run of games imo

Aye maybe. I wouldn’t really understand why they wouldn’t play him if he was anywhere near ready. Particularly after Halliday’s lack of everything on Saturday. Got to assume something going on with his fitness to stop him starting   

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, BIG ECK said:

I wish he was elsewhere too.

Hardly tries an effin leg nowadays🙁

I'm not so sure he doesn't try, I actually think what we get is all he's got nowadays.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think Robbie sees Haring or Irving as an either or choice. And right now, Irving is in the team. 

Kidd’s Boots
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Walker & Halliday. How many last chances. You could play Henderson for Walker. More energy. 

White for Halliday would have the same result

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Walker & Halliday. How many last chances. You could play Henderson for Walker. More energy. 

Henderson is nowhere near good enough. He doesn't score goals, the other two actually do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kirkcaldy is one of Walker's better hunting grounds and we improved when he came on Saturday. 

We will ignore those for the sake of getting our handbags out

Just now, quockerwodgerjambo said:

I just saw it there , a year ago tonight. Let's hope Nando gets a brace .

Ah the joys of the pub, i would hike it to the pub to watch a game.

Hoping to get it on IPTV or online, and finish off my keg in the Perfect Draft machine. Not a bad set up at all, but what I'd give to sit in a pub with my pals and real people having a few jars and a chat.

I expect the same Ponderous approach from our Manager. This will show if he has learned fom the game on Saturday, and can motivate the players. More of the same, then it will show him up as a poor tactician.

6 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

On this day in 2020, we're a year already... time from that point to now is truly warped for me, as it feels both like yesterday and like many years ago.

quockerwodgerjambo
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

feels like a bloody lifetime ago that, few pints in the tynie arms then up the toon :sad:

Up to no good . Brilliant i like your thinking.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think Robbie sees Haring or Irving as an either or choice. And right now, Irving is in the team. 

No, surely Haring or Halliday and Haring is so far off he can not dislodge Halliday.

Edited by Riccarton3

8 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

If Popescu starts can someone put a bandage on his head in changing room as he was a different player on Saturday after he'd been bandaged up.

Ha ha!!!!  So true!  He was actually excellent and he won just about every high ball by attacking the ball.  Maybe he's got some bottle.

4-2-3-1 with Walker in the hole?

In for a long night unless they get the effing finger out from the start.

Why oh why can't ginelly start?

quockerwodgerjambo
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Hoping to get it on IPTV or online, and finish off my keg in the Perfect Draft machine. Not a bad set up at all, but what I'd give to sit in a pub with my pals and real people having a few jars and a chat.

I miss going to Tynie, a bottle o bucky and a bag oh gums. Sorted.

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

He is starting 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kirkcaldy is one of Walker's better hunting grounds and we improved when he came on Saturday. 

We will ignore those for the sake of getting our handbags out

Whilst I can't stand Walker, he is at least playing #10 which is the only position he is remotely capable of being effective in!!

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

He is mate

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Only if they don’t swagger about thinking they’re too good and just need to turn up!! 

Hopefully they will  not have that attitude .I certainly don't 

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Almost certainly the formation imo. Ginnelly is starting. 

quockerwodgerjambo
1 minute ago, kila said:

On this day in 2020, we're a year already... time from that point to now is truly warped for me, as it feels both like yesterday and like many years ago.

Dead on post.True feelings installed.

We need a savior, it is not Ann Budge.

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Henderson is nowhere near good enough. He doesn't score goals, the other two actually do.

It's movement we need and effort. I'm not even looking for goals from Henderson. Just someone who can chase and harry. Walker? Halliday?

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Radio commentary available here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55797995

Surprising because apart from the game on All Fixtures, there's not a peep on the Hearts web page.  Just, still, Dundee game first and now Raith second on the list.  It does say Dundee game is live so maybe we're at the wrong ground.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Iptv blank on mine 😩

Just now, GinRummy said:

Almost certainly the formation imo. Ginnelly is starting. 

Fs i need to go to specsavers lol

Thats great news about ginelly starting!

Not sure why Walker is getting all the stick. He’s been shite but was a hundred times better than Halliday on Saturday. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Shame Walker has to play. Or two centre halves - think need to figure out something with Haring or Kingsley slotting in

One day we’ll see an a Xi that I completely like

It truly baffles me why he seemingly hasn't thought of pushing Haring back into CH? I know he's fighting for fitness but at the end of the day, he's on the bench. He came as a CH initially.

He's good in the air, comfy on the ball and that may just be a small part to help us improve from the back.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

No, surely Haring or Halliday and Haring is so far off he can not dislodge Halliday.

Each time Irving has dropped out the team Haring has come in. As of yet, we’ve not seen Haring-Irving start a game I don’t think, maybe one of the LC games 

Just now, Tenor said:

Halliday and Walker better ****ing try tonight!

Neither one is good enough to start at the moment, IMO.

Asking a bit much to expect some effort. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Iptv blank on mine 😩

Not had a look on mine yet. I find these things tend to only pop up just before kick off. Hopefully that's the case.