• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Nelly Terraces

I actually like Robbie Neilson as a bloke. He's obviously hard working, sleeps the job in fact, takes pride in what he does, and looks after himself (a fellow runner by all accounts), and can talk well at times.

BUT - he is genuinely beginning to annoy me in terms of what it is he's trying to attempt with us, both in the style of football, and the personnel he selects. Last week's blaming the pitch, which he was rightly called out for by Ryan Stevenson was also seriously misjudged and isn't going to win over the doubters - which are increasing with every passing week of boring, predictable & ultimately ineffective football.

An over reliance of possession in the first 2 thirds of the pitch, with no movement or pace in the final third, a distinct look of us worrying more about the opposition than making them worry about us, and players shifted in/out/around/about each week leads me to conclude, he honestly doesn't know what style it is he's trying to implement either.  

I really believe there are a great many managers out there could do better than he is with the resources available. We are under performing against sides we should be beating easily, and would just set us up in a simple formation, take the game to the oppo, and get the players putting in a shift instead of the 2nd gear our lot are currently in every week. He over complicates nearly everything, and as said, it's to no benefit.

Sad to say, but it's just another poor appointment from Ann Budge, and he won't be going anywhere soon. Her legacy is tainted beyond repair now, we've had 5 years of dreadful football & it's still continuing. Who knows when all this will end, but meantime, watching Hearts is, yet again, a huge, VERY BORING waste of my valuable free time & the frustration of the support will be ignored by those in charge.

1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

McEneff one-on-one after 2 minutes - that goes in then it’s a cricket score. The keeper did hardly make a save as we kept on rifling shots over the bar. Popescu’s miss was definitely the worst of the lot but plenty of others as well.

Players will miss a few decent chances in every game. The good teams create enough chances to compensate for those misses. Other than the chances you mention all we did was keep the guys retrieving the balls busy by pinging them into the stands.

29 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I have a ST but not watched one game.

I will seeking a refund no question as I would never have bought one if I knew he was being appointed. Whilst this may harsh and hurting us financially I see no other way to register my dissatisfaction.

I have planned other things to do on Sat and I cannot be the only one. The football is just well.... anti football 🙁

Not watched a non-BBC screened game this season.

I bought a season ticket and was disappointed with the way the guarantee was reneged on. Fully understand the financial situation with the pandemic and why they would do what they did, but just disappointed with the way it was done. Wouldn’t ask for a refund though.

As far as Neilson is concerned, I was glad when he left last time, and sceptical when he was brought back. I hoped he might have learned something in the intervening time at other clubs and was prepared to support him. Unfortunately it looks like it’s more of the same and I really can’t face more of his brand of football.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We need a poll. FOH have to make the point what the fans want.

You can't beat a poll which will mean f all 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not watched a non-BBC screened game this season.

I bought a season ticket and was disappointed with the way the guarantee was reneged on. Fully understand the financial situation with the pandemic and why they would do what they did, but just disappointed with the way it was done. Wouldn’t ask for a refund though.

As far as Neilson is concerned, I was glad when he left last time, and sceptical when he was brought back. I hoped he might have learned something in the intervening time at other clubs and was prepared to support him. Unfortunately it looks like it’s more of the same and I really can’t face more of his brand of football.

HMFC86?

Really.

Intereresing to note for all our huffing and puffing how many saves their goalie actually made. 

I can't remember many tbh. 

I’d rather undergo root canal treatment than watch Hearts at the moment. The players and management should thank their lucky stars that there is no fans inside Tynie. 

After having a long hard think about the game. I’ve come to the conclusion that Robbies not the man for the long term success for the club. He doesn’t seem to be able to motivate the players. Think most of the signings have been pretty shite too when we didn’t need to strength in these areas specially when we had youth players in these areas that could’ve filled in. He  has also signed and retained old has beens to be perfectly frank that don’t really care about the club and don’t seem motivated to try for the club. 

17 minutes ago, Papa said:

I’d rather undergo root canal treatment than watch Hearts at the moment. The players and management should thank their lucky stars that there is no fans inside Tynie. 

Do you think a crowd at the match would drive them on to perform better or make them even more jittery! I think the former in this league. 

17 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

The fact that Dundee Utd didn’t bother their arse that he left tells you all you need to know.

We actually paid to get him 😭😥😣

Just now, davemclaren said:

Do you think a crowd at the match would drive them on to perform better or make them even more jittery! I think the former in this league. 

I agree but my point was that we would not tolerate these performances and results.

Just now, Papa said:

I agree but my point was that we would not tolerate these performances and results.

There would be a lot of noise, thats for sure. 

Voice of reason
14 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

The fact that Dundee Utd didn’t bother their arse that he left tells you all you need to know.

Genuinely, how many clubs in Scotland are overly excited by their current manager or their style of play? Not many Hibs fans would be bothered if Jack Ross left despite being third. They play ugly football like most other teams in Scotland. McInnes the same. Neil Lennon the same. Dundee Utd fans hate their current manager as well. Neilson is no worse than any of them in my opinion. It’s a very average bunch managing in Scotland just now.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly. 

It's just rubbish. Just about anyone would be better than Neiilson. The Snake excluded.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You think it's down to "jitters" - when they're cruising the league in spite of themselves ? 

23 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

....plus they got compensation. 🙈 was it over a hundred grand?! Shocking. 

Where is Neilson hiding tonight then? 

Hiding in a wee room trying to think of some excuses to blame it on again. 

Not the refs fault, the pitch or the weather. 

Struggling tonight eh Robbie!! 

I have less faith in his managerial abilities each week. Pretty sure Stevie Crawford, John McGlynn, Robbo, Allan Johnstone etc.. Would get a better tune out of the squad we have than Robbie does. ****ing shocking yet again. 

Just checked the score, This is getting ridiculous now! What pish excuse did Neilson come up with for not winning today? Glad i didnt get up early to watch that crap. I think unfortunately it is now becoming more evident every week that we need a change in management, The players can't be this bad ? Surely to god? I mean i dont think we are great as a team/squad, but even i would of expected us to at least beat greenock ****ing morton at home, We have several international standard players in this team, what the hell is going on?

6 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Genuinely, how many clubs in Scotland are overly excited by their current manager or their style of play? Not many Hibs fans would be bothered if Jack Ross left despite being third. They play ugly football like most other teams in Scotland. McInnes the same. Neil Lennon the same. Dundee Utd fans hate their current manager as well. Neilson is no worse than any of them in my opinion. It’s a very average bunch managing in Scotland just now.

Well that makes it alright then.😫

I only worry about Hearts and the current Hearts manager and right now our football is horrendous more often than not in a league below of the teams you quote above.

I’m in the minority that think he deserves more time. We are top of the league. Director of football to bring in new players in the summer. Has to make big decisions and drop big earners who are not delivering, Halliday, Naismith, gms

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You think it's down to "jitters" - when they're cruising the league in spite of themselves ? 

I think we get jitters when we go behind and crowds do tend to help drive a team chasing a goal or two. 

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We actually paid to get him 😭😥😣

That's actually worrying when you think about it.  I said last week we should judge him next season but I'm not so sure now.  I reckon going for a manager with a Hearts connection was the way to go when Stendel wasn't staying.  But I would rather it had been Hartley or dare I say it, Pressley.

alwaysthereinspirit
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I have less faith in his managerial abilities each week. Pretty sure Stevie Crawford, John McGlynn, Robbo, Allan Johnstone etc.. Would get a better tune out of the squad we have than Robbie does. ****ing shocking yet again. 

So it’s the players then that are deliberately being poor to get him fired?

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I can see why people think this. 

I just think any of the above would have the same problems with players who don't try a leg against supposed lesser opposition. These players should be humping the likes of Morton with no manager. 

Too many players have been taking the piss for too long and they will do the same to the next 3 managers given the chance.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

So it’s the players then that are deliberately being poor to get him fired?

I think it's his tactics that are shite more than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That's actually worrying when you think about it.  I said last week we should judge him next season but I'm not so sure now.  I reckon going for a manager with a Hearts connection was the way to go when Stendel wasn't staying.  But I would rather it had been Hartley or dare I say it, Pressley.

Would not surprise me if she went for Pressley next as she is so clueless when it comes to managers.

Let's Wighton go early to one of our rivals and he pops in two goals to give them the three points. 

Couldn’t make it up really could you? 

alwaysthereinspirit
11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m in the minority that think he deserves more time. We are top of the league. Director of football to bring in new players in the summer. Has to make big decisions and drop big earners who are not delivering, Halliday, Naismith, gms

I don’t think you’re in the minority. Not everyone is of the belief that we should be winning just because we’re Hearts. Celtic/Newco type chat. Although I do think Robbie should have scored when 4 yards out and put it over the bar. A goal there might have relaxed us a bit.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Would not surprise me if she went for Pressley next as she is so clueless when it comes to managers.

😂 Fair enough.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Let's Wighton go early to one of our rivals and he pops in two goals to give them the three points. 

Couldn’t make it up really could you? 

🤦‍♂️😴🤯

Did you post before he left that he was just what was needed by us?

Voice of reason
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Well that makes it alright then.😫

I only worry about Hearts and the current Hearts manager and right now our football is horrendous more often than not in a league below of the teams you quote above.

Never said it made it alright. Just an observation that most fans across the country are not happy with their current manager. Thus what Dundee Utd fans thought of Neilson is pretty par for the course. I never thought having 26 shots on goal was horrendous today - our finishing was horrendous though. Hopefully some finishing practice this week.

Nelly Terraces
58 minutes ago, Gambo said:

8 games played this year, failed to win half of them........in the Championship ffs.

It's a damning statistic. Robbie Neilson was always going to be a debatable choice for a lot of people, and that's putting it mildly, but I'd say the overwhelming majority of the support would now rather he went sooner than later. 

54 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Intereresing to note for all our huffing and puffing how many saves their goalie actually made. 

I can't remember many tbh. 

The story of our season. Flattering to deceive.

It’s not rocket science that teams in this league are going to sit in and frustrate. Any manager worth his salt should have the nous to construct a team to pressurise very average players into errors and win games handsomely. Our team is set up to play possession football which is too predictable and passive and allow well organised average at best teams to get bodies behind the ball. We need to play a fast pressing game taking risks in the final third and forcing mistakes. Simples really.

He will get us up and next season will be terrible will finish mid to bottom then he will be punted and we start again. 
He is never in a month of Sunday’s the right guy for this job get rid now Anne you have made a mistake please don’t make the same one as you did with Levein and carry on regardless 

He hasn’t got it ANNE 

Edited by NB GIN

I just don't think he can coach the players. No one improves. Players regress.  Either that or  the coaching he does is so far removed from what the players see as progressive, they are lost.

We are only top because we have just enough quality players to be there. That is all

Edited by Riccarton3

The same turgid shite every game,no plan B and an inane logic of sticking to the same plan every game week in week out.We are easy to play against,keep it tight for 20-30 mins then throw the ball up and we will give a cheap goal away.A *** sham that shouldn’t be allowed any longer.

Club’s being mis managed for too long and change is desperately needed.

Where would this current team figure in the prem?Idwager stone bottom! Again.Not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I just don't think he can coach the players. No one improves. Players regress.  Either that or  the coaching he does is so far removed from what the players see as progressive, they are lost.

We are only top because we have just enough quality players to be there even despite disillusionment. That is all

1 minute ago, stevie said:

The same turgid shite every game,no plan B and an inane logic of sticking to the same plan every game week in week out.We are easy to play against,keep it tight for 20-30 mins then throw the ball up and we will give a cheap goal away.A *** sham that shouldn’t be allowed any longer.

Club’s being mis managed for too long and change is desperately needed.

Where would this current team figure in the prem?Idwager stone bottom! Again.Not good enough.

Congratulations for stating the obvious and I don’t mean that unkindly. Like you it makes we want to vomit watching that shit house today. Week after week we turn out the same crap and the usual morons come on here saying we will skoosh this league. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )