Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It's such a shite situation to be in. We're not going to improve under Neilson, that much is clear. But Budge won't sack him until it's too late. By that time we will have had one or two transfer windows. That means more money wasted on shite. Then a new guy comes in and has to sort the shite out. That's even more money spent on players. Levein before that didn't even have to sort out the last guys shite, it was his shite to sort out, and he was just piling more shite on top of it. Neilson will do the same this summer. Shite upon shite upon shite. 

It's all so depressing. 

Sums it up perfectly for me. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

alwaysthereinspirit
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

How? Robbie signed 7 of today's starting 11. 

To do this season’s job. Next seasons job is different. That team will most likely not have 5/6 of today’s team starting for us.

Today’s loanees will not be here. Ok

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

To do this season’s job. Next seasons job is different. That team will most likely not have 5/6 of today’s team starting for us.

who are the loanees ? Kastaneer that it ?

13 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Źźzzzzzzz....same old same old toxic anti-Hearts crap over and over from the same wee vocal boring minority. We drew after dominating the game it happens the world over.

We're on track for a Championship League winning stroll. End of.

For a minute I thought you were disagreeing with me, ha ha. Glad we agree 👍

Just now, gavvy said:

For a minute I thought you were disagreeing with me, ha ha. Glad we agree 👍

Oops sorry...I posted to the wrong quote, it should have been to Dusk-to-Dawn or whatever it is the bore calls himself.

To be clear I agree with you 100%👍

10 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Classic short sighted view. Beat Hibs, but get beaten byAlloa, Dundee, Dunfermline, horsed by Raith , struggle against the mighty Q of S and  Morton at home and we are strolling it. Absolute shite.

Read the league table and weep, we're miles in front.  I really wish we were playing better but we're still strolling the league. You seem to focus on only the negative results and not on the table. Don't get me wrong there's a lot to improve, but have a little faith that we can do it.

Big concern here is if we continue to endorse the incompetence on the football side of the business, still hoping to see the football review one day, the club will definitely shrink, in another 5years/within a decade we will not be third largest club , our support demographic seems inclined to older fans , many of whom are utterly fed up and may not renew next season, Iam 59, followed since the sixties and cannot bear to watch this team and the incompetent management, player recruitment is crazy. 

A team that can play a bit,  excite and make a reasonable challenge even occasionally will help to enthuse youth and younger supporters , we will shrink if we don't address this. Finding a manager who can build a team , knows a player motivate and coach would be a start. 

Perhaps the lofty standards applied to the upmarket catering and skyline loung , the recruitment process involved in that particular venture could be appli within the football department. I assume the chef's have achieved at a high level and are expected to maintain and develop standards. How many 16  -25 year olds are booking the skyline , I assume like I did they want to meet their mates have a pint ,watch the hearts and possibly see a decent game , enjoy the atmosphere , all being slowly eroded by this regime. They either don't see it or don't care. The inaction, apathy and lack of football insight within the current board at Hearts is shocking. 

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

AGet Jefferies and Locke in charge til the end of the season

A man who hasn't coached in seven years and who was recently in very poor health, and a man who has never been seen to be a good football manager. 

I'm on the fence about Robbie, but that suggestion is madness 

2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

I didn't get a season ticket this season for the first time since 1982/83 mainly because I didn't really see the point, thinking I'll just buy the PPV games when we play.

I've been doing that, but today is the last time I'll be wasting £18.50 to watch the latest Jobbie Neilson shitshow.

I hated him and his insipid shite football the last time round and nothing has changed this season.

He's absolutely clueless and it says it all about Budge with her bringing him back.  A lazy, comfortable but ultimately terrible decision, by someone who knows absolutely jack shit about the game.

If he's still here next season (and I assume he will be) I'll not be buying an ST for 21/22 either.

Agree with all of that. AB should have done the right thing and left when we were kicked out of the league. Allowing her another bash at appointing a manager was only going to end one way.

So here we are. 

Neilson is a soft touch with no real plan, direction or style of play. We're drifting through games while just doing enough but with no organisation or fight. 

His inability to organise a defence, sign players and get the players up for games is absolutely awful.

I'm still not totally convinced that this season is over yet but I'm already dreading the next if Budge and Robbie are still in charge.

54 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Usual crap about 2015 being way better than this year, we'd not be far of the record points, and goals scored, totals we set in that year (assuming we had 36 games to play this season).  We're bang on target for a League Champoinship winning stroll. 

2015  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hearts)

36     29     4      3     96    26     70     91

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assumes 2-0 win at Inverness)

18     13      2      3     45    19     26     41

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assume equal first 18 totals)

36    26      4      6     90    38     52    82

2016 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Rangers)

36    25     6       5     88    34     54    81

2017 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hibs)

36   19     14     3     59     25    34     71

2018 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (St Mirren)

36     23     5      8     63    36     27     74 

2019 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Ross County)

36     21     8      7      63    34     29    71

The point I was making was that the football played by the team in 2015 was far better than the dross on offer this season.

Edited by Thomaso

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Agree with all of that. AB should have done the right thing and left when we were kicked out of the league. Allowing her another bash at appointing a manager was only going to end one way.

So here we are. 

Neilson is a soft touch with no real plan, direction or style of play. We're drifting through games while just doing enough but with no organisation or fight. 

His inability to organise a defence, sign players and get the players up for games is absolutely awful.

I'm still not totally convinced that this season is over yet but I'm already dreading the next if Budge and Robbie are still in charge.

Robbie has managed in the Championship twice and won it twice, he's a safe pair of hands to get us promoted and get some stability in the top division. 

15 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I think you're probably right but personally I don't think the squad of players we have are that bad. I think we need perhaps 5 players to improve the starting XI next season like you do. There is however, more than enough quality there to be taking every team in this league to the cleaners. Yet, you could count the games this season on one hand where you'd say we've performed to a level we should have. These poor performances seem to be the rule rather than the exception unfortunately. 

As soon as the league is won tell him thanks for the promotion, you've done what you were brought in for but it's time to go. Championship (at best) is his level. 

Time for Budge to go to as well. The benefactor excuse isn't going to cut it either, if his millions means we have to keep Budge then just forget it. Look where she has taken us with all this extra cash - it becomes irrelevant when fundamentals such as good recruitment and creating a strong culture are lacking. 

A fresh start for the entire club for 21/22 season. The crap emptied from the squad. Fans united and back in the ground.

9 minutes ago, jamboj said:

A man who hasn't coached in seven years and who was recently in very poor health, and a man who has never been seen to be a good football manager. 

I'm on the fence about Robbie, but that suggestion is madness 

I’’m a big JJ fan but his role should be as football advisor to Budge.

Neilson has to stay in his position until the end of the season to ensure we get out of what is a piss poor league.

One thing that is becoming evident is that he is not the man to get this Club back where it should be - challenging at the top end of the Premier league.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That there is is zero argument apart from 'who comes in' & 'remember 2015/16' from the Neilson must stay camp is a telling story.

I don't get this, tell me the story. Not having a go just want you to expand on what you've saying 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’’m a big JJ fan but his role should be as football advisor to Budge.

Neilson has to stay in his position until the end of the season to ensure we get out of what is a piss poor league.

One thing that is becoming evident is that he is not the man to get this Club back where it should be - challenging at the top end of the Premier league.

Fair post imo

2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

I didn't get a season ticket this season for the first time since 1982/83 mainly because I didn't really see the point, thinking I'll just buy the PPV games when we play.

I've been doing that, but today is the last time I'll be wasting £18.50 to watch the latest Jobbie Neilson shitshow.

I hated him and his insipid shite football the last time round and nothing has changed this season.

He's absolutely clueless and it says it all about Budge with her bringing him back.  A lazy, comfortable but ultimately terrible decision, by someone who knows absolutely jack shit about the game.

If he's still here next season (and I assume he will be) I'll not be buying an ST for 21/22 either.

Hearts are in very big trouble when they start losing supporters like you.  Believe me, you can tell from 12,000 miles away how dire things have been since we won the championship.

I give Neilson credit for that but nothing else.  Provan is right.  We should be miles better than we are on a consistent basis.

2 minutes ago, gavvy said:

I don't get this, tell me the story. Not having a go just want you to expand on what you've saying 

I have heard zero argument from others as to why Robbie deserves to stay on for next season apart from " he got us to second back in the day and  if RN goes who comes in.

Nothing about the style of football we try to play or the players we sign being a good sign for next season.

south morocco

I’d put it to anyone that RN  is a championship level manager. Given the resources he has here, we should win the league comfortably . If we do , we should part ways and thank him for his efforts and appoint someone to compete in the top 6. Let’s be honest, RN won’t play entertaining football or want to win away games. 

Edited by south morocco

Nothing's improved.

In fact, many people have seen a decline in the standard of our play.

Our "marquee" players don't seem to give a toss most games.

Half the team seem scared of the ball.

Results may have improved but that's because we're in the diddy league and playing against part timers.

Even then the victories have been ground out.

No rampant 10-0 piss-takings this time around.

The entire club feels as if it's asleep.

Doing the bare minimum to get promoted.

Not thinking about the season after this one and THAT is what matters.

If we don't start playing like a Premiership club, then we won't last long in the Premiership.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I have heard zero argument from others as to why Robbie deserves to stay on for next season apart from " he got us to second back in the day and  if RN goes who comes in.

Nothing about the style of football we try to play or the players we sign being a good sign for next season.

Fair point(s),but I do have hope that the Director of Football will get more good signings than bad, from what I've seen in the January window. Also think next season will be transitional. I think Robbie offers stability (which we badly need after the past three years),so a decent appointment. 

1 minute ago, gavvy said:

Fair point(s),but I do have hope that the Director of Football will get more good signings than bad, from what I've seen in the January window. Also think next season will be transitional. I think Robbie offers stability (which we badly need after the past three years),so a decent appointment. 

Your idea of stability and mine (and many others) differ.

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nothing's improved.

In fact, many people have seen a decline in the standard of our play.

Our "marquee" players don't seem to give a toss most games.

Half the team seem scared of the ball.

Results may have improved but that's because we're in the diddy league and playing against part timers.

Even then the victories have been ground out.

No rampant 10-0 piss-takings this time around.

The entire club feels as if it's asleep.

Doing the bare minimum to get promoted.

Not thinking about the season after this one and THAT is what matters.

If we don't start playing like a Premiership club, then we won't last long in the Premiership.

100% mate

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Your idea of stability and mine (and many others) differ.

Agreed, I'm sure many agree we're in safe hands and can't understand the toxic negativity against our club. 

15 minutes ago, gavvy said:

He offers stability, in the sense that as long as AB is there, he has the managers job as long as he wants it.

Does Anne budge read this does anyone know ? 
me a season ticket holder and member  to foh will not be getting season ticket next season with Neilson calling the shots. His tactics and style of football and failure to get players playing for the jersey give me chronic sickness and diahorea and more sickness 

Just now, Barney bulge said:

Does Anne budge read this does anyone know ? 
me a season ticket holder and member  to foh will not be getting season ticket next season with Neilson calling the shots. His tactics and style of football and failure to get players playing for the jersey give me chronic sickness and diahorea and more sickness 

That could be food poisoning 

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

He offers stability, in the sense that as long as AB is there, he has the managers job as long as he wants it.

He will and we will win the league.  Who knows what next season will brings?

15 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Agreed, I'm sure many agree we're in safe hands and can't understand the toxic negativity against our club. 

Have a read on here, other forums, social media outlets etc, safe hands does not get a mention tbh.

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you're probably right but personally I don't think the squad of players we have are that bad. I think we need perhaps 5 players to improve the starting XI next season like you do. There is however, more than enough quality there to be taking every team in this league to the cleaners. Yet, you could count the games this season on one hand where you'd say we've performed to a level we should have. These poor performances seem to be the rule rather than the exception unfortunately. 

I won’t argue that we’ve had bad games this season. This morning I thought the first 25 mins looked good. Then the goal didn’t come and we went back into our tippy tappy shell. Boyce, Kastaneer and even McEneef (for a bit) fell off the planet. He came back a little last 15. He looks good. Steven lasting 85 minutes is a conundrum. Maybe it was a message to Irving. Look how bad you’ve been that you only get to replace Steven with no time to do anything. Irving’s first touch was a right foot pass to nowhere. The rumor was true.
Popescu is another weird one. Looks good and then a brain fart for no reason every game. We’ll win the league if it’s completed.

Next season has nothing to do with this season. I’ve been doing this for 54 years. I’ve seen way worse teams and managers.

If I haven’t stopped supporting Heart of Midlothian before. It won’t ever happen.

Every new season I believe we’ll win the league. August 2021 will be no different.

Sorry for the rant.

Stay safe.

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

Robbie has managed in the Championship twice and won it twice, he's a safe pair of hands to get us promoted and get some stability in the top division. 

How do you think he'll do next year?

I've little confidence that we'll do well.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

How do you think he'll do next year?

I've little confidence that we'll do well.

I think we’re relegation candidates based on what we’re seeing. 

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Sad thing is even the Administrators of this forum fall into that category.

Could you please explain that one?

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It's such a shite situation to be in. We're not going to improve under Neilson, that much is clear. But Budge won't sack him until it's too late. By that time we will have had one or two transfer windows. That means more money wasted on shite. Then a new guy comes in and has to sort the shite out. That's even more money spent on players. Levein before that didn't even have to sort out the last guys shite, it was his shite to sort out, and he was just piling more shite on top of it. Neilson will do the same this summer. Shite upon shite upon shite. 

It's all so depressing. 

Worrying thing is this guys no talking shite. 

as for the guy on here who says its the minority going on about shite management he is talking shite !!!!! 

hmfc have been in a shite position for years . Should never be out the top 4  like rangers or Celtic are never Out the top 2. 
no faith in Neilson getting us in to top 6 next season or enjoying watching any of the football played. ( he will have all the excuses though that he is good at) 
Fans have been cheated for years, putting  there money in and getting a big f u in return. 
oh for a team to play for the jersey.

no had a team like that since Jim Jeffries 

49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The point I was making was that the football played by the team in 2015 was far better than the dross on offer this season.

The stats say that's BS....we're scoring and gaining points at around the same record high rate as 2015.

We lost our first home in 2015 to Falkirk 2-3 on 24th Jan, on the 23rd Jan this year we lost our first home 2-3 to Raith. The difference this time is there was a toxic response on here, it's driven by a small vocal anti-Nelison/Budge minority.

The evidence says we'll stroll the league and score a near record average of goals. If that was good enough in, the much lauded, 2015 season surely it's good enough this season.

2015  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hearts)

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assumes 2-0 win at Inverness)

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assume equal first 18 totals)

2019 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Ross County)

This is My Story Podcast

2021 stats: 

played 8 games, won 4, lost 2, drawn 2. 
Scored 14, conceded 9. 
Scored only 4 goals in the first half. 
Won only 1 game at tynie. 
Scored one goal from open play in 270 minutes of football. 
38 games since we last played back to back starting 11’s under Robbie. 
Only twice in his full tenure at Hearts has he played back to back starting 11’s in the league. 
Haven’t scored a league goal in the opening 30 minutes of an away match in over a year. 

2 minutes ago, ADAM said:

The stats say that's BS....we're scoring and gaining points at around the same record high rate as 2015.

We lost our first home in 2015 to Falkirk 2-3 on 24th Jan, on the 23rd Jan this year we lost our first home 2-3 to Raith. The difference this time is there was a toxic response on here, it's driven by a small vocal anti-Nelison/Budge minority.

The evidence says we'll stroll the league and score a near record average of goals. If that was good enough in, the much lauded, 2015 season surely it's good enough this season.

2015  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hearts)

2019 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Ross County)

You can throw all the stats you want at me, however that doesn’t change my opinion that the football played by the 2015 team was better than the dross being played this season.

You also have to factor in the fact that Rangers and Hibs were in the league in 2015, this season we are up against absolute shite!

No way are we going to win the league by the same margin this season compared to 2015 nor score the same amount of goals.

31 minutes ago, gavvy said:

He will and we will win the league.  Who knows what next season will brings?

Don’t doubt we will win this league but I guess, and so far, if we think about Alloa, raith, Dunfermline, QOS and Morton and by the end of the season, (no doubt there will be other adverse results) it won’t be the “Skoosh” that some made it out to be 

I said I would back RN, and I will, but that’s more to do with what I said on the first post to you, in that I just don’t see any alternative. There is a difference in backing someone than actually believing something good will come out it. Since AB came in, we have had RN, then CL, then DS, and now back to Robbie again. 

it just all feels a bit like jobs for the boys as far as I’m concerned. As said, I will back Robbie but just don’t see any alternative in terms of him leaving anytime soon, and that’s the reason for the backing.   

we are  now grinding out results against so called Pub teams. It is what it is I suppose, but unless AB can open or widen the door for better candidates, and give them the same faith and backing as those she does know, then I just don’t see any success on the horizon currently. 

Could be wrong and I pray to god that I am. We have some good players ie GMS, Kingsley, Walker, Boyce, Ginnelly - is RN actually getting the best out of them or the one who will maximise their potential - guess that’s down to everyone’s own opinion  

Just now, Thomaso said:

You can throw all the stats you want at me, however that doesn’t change my opinion that the football played by the 2015 team was better than the dross being played this season.

You also have to factor in the fact that Rangers and Hibs were in the league in 2015, this season we are up against absolute shite!

No way are we going to win the league by the same margin this season compared to 2015 nor score the same amount of goals.

The stats clearly indicate we will be close to matching the average of that record breaking year for both goals & points. 

Just now, ADAM said:

The stats clearly indicate we will be close to matching the average of that record breaking year for both goals & points. 

Maybe - in a league with no Rangers and Hibs playing against piss poor teams. The stats do not change my opinion that the 2015 team was far better than the dross we saw on the pitch today! 

14 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

2021 stats: 

played 8 games, won 4, lost 2, drawn 2. 
Scored 14, conceded 9. 
Scored only 4 goals in the first half. 
Won only 1 game at tynie. 
Scored one goal from open play in 270 minutes of football. 
38 games since we last played back to back starting 11’s under Robbie. 
Only twice in his full tenure at Hearts has he played back to back starting 11’s in the league. 
Haven’t scored a league goal in the opening 30 minutes of an away match in over a year. 

You could pick February 2021 and they will be worse than your 2021 stats or you could pick 20/21 season and they will be better.

The stats that count will be the ones at the season end and I’m hoping and expecting them to be better than the timeslice you picked. 

After the first 17 games of 14/15 we had won 15 and drawn 2, sitting on 47 points.

This included playing Rangers and Hibs twice each.

After the first 17 games of 20/21 we've won 12, drawn 2 lost 3, and have 38 points.

That's almost 20% less points at the same stage against weaker opposition.

You can't spin that.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )