Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think too many clubs have been shafted one way or another by the spfl, for them to fall in line as quickly as they did in the summer. If anything good has come out of this it’s that there has been a huge microscope staring down on all the SPFLs actions this last 9 months or so. They have been exposed for the charlatans that they are... that we all knew they were. 
If this season is to be ‘void’ I think it would be an act of suicide for the spfl... maybe they feel that they have been outed and would be happy with that?

I think the wee clubs are still too busy navel-gazing and worrying about their own survival/future to have any interest in the common good. Nothing has changed.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Got his 1st answer, Celtic arsewipe, nothing to see here, sweep-sweep. Couldn’t read any more.

I only got half way through before the rage got the better of me. If you see these in Gorgie in the future you will know it was me. 

548AD83E-8C6A-425F-9F2C-2015C6359FCC.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic are only in temporary charge, once Rangers win a couple of titles they'll be back running the show.

Yip, and so it goes on.

Here's what Doncaster had to say about null and void last season

“UEFA have made it clear that clubs have to be put forward for Europe on sporting merit,” he said. “If you voiding a league it’s quite hard to see how teams can be put forward on sporting merit. We feel deciding a league on a points per game basis is sporting merit.

“There are all sorts of other factors. If it’s voided you would find a number of clubs and the league would face highly-damaging claims for a season that never happened. It could have led potentially to claims being made by partners of the league and of clubs themselves.”

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18416276.amp/

I'm just sitting here thinking, what's different about this season to last season?

🤔

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I only got half way through before the rage got the better of me. If you see these in Gorgie in the future you will know it was me. 

Superb work sir, gives me something else to look forward to seeing when I get back to Gorgie 👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboozy said:

Superb work sir, gives me something else to look forward to seeing when I get back to Gorgie 👍

Can’t take credit it for that but will try and source some in time for the return of fans. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t take credit it for that but will try and source some in time for the return of fans. 

Good man.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

“UEFA have made it clear that clubs have to be put forward for Europe on sporting merit,” he said. “If you voiding a league it’s quite hard to see how teams can be put forward on sporting merit. We feel deciding a league on a points per game basis is sporting merit.

“There are all sorts of other factors. If it’s voided you would find a number of clubs and the league would face highly-damaging claims for a season that never happened. It could have led potentially to claims being made by partners of the league and of clubs themselves.”

I'm just sitting here thinking, what's different about this season to last season?

🤔

Strange that isn’t it. 
It shouldn’t come to that but the Euros don’t help. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic are only in temporary charge, once Rangers win a couple of titles they'll be back running the show.

So us and every other team not an @$$ cheek would still be in the same boat. No power, no say and no real future.

The whole friggin’ thing needs to be torn down. Foundations and all and rebuilt.

Embarrassing that it just might have needed a real world pandemic to start the ball rolling.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

So us and every other team not an @$$ cheek would still be in the same boat. No power, no say and no real future.

The whole friggin’ thing needs to be torn down. Foundations and all and rebuilt.

Embarrassing that it just might have needed a real world pandemic to start the ball rolling.

Exactly. 

7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He actually comes over as dumber than last season. We’re all doomed if he continues in his position.

It’s quite unbelievable that he is. 

Is null and void an option?

ND: That’s a matter for the clubs. Last year, when it became clear the season couldn’t be completed, the vast majority of clubs accepted it because the Scottish government were not allowing matches to take place. The members decided they wanted the season to be curtailed on a points per game basis.

This is fundamentally wrong on two points -

there was no N&V last season

the clubs *curtailed* the season last year ON THE ADVICE OF DONCASTER AND HIS BOARD

The govt action didn't mean the season couldn't be extended , the clubs simply chose not to do so. Doncaster is completely wrong. 

Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Wow. Just a reminder this guy is paid £1,136 per day.

I was only at my normal level of total outrage reading through that but I lost it altogether when Mr Doncaster said "The alternative is you start making up the rules as you go along".

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

🤔

None.

That's why there isn't going to be N&V. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Is null and void an option?

ND: That’s a matter for the clubs. Last year, when it became clear the season couldn’t be completed, the vast majority of clubs accepted it because the Scottish government were not allowing matches to take place. The members decided they wanted the season to be curtailed on a points per game basis.

This is fundamentally wrong on two points -

there was no N&V last season

the clubs *curtailed* the season last year ON THE ADVICE OF DONCASTER AND HIS BOARD

The govt action didn't mean the season couldn't be extended , the clubs simply chose not to do so. Doncaster is completely wrong. 

Doncaster also 'forgot' to advise how much money would have to be repaid to broadcasters by calling the league. 

He also falsely claimed it was the only way to get money to the smaller clubs, and as they'd had most of their payments for the season the sums involved were paltry anyway.

If memory serves Doncaster was in line for a large bonus when the new Sky deal started, but it would be scurrilous to suggest that this played any part in his thinking.

Just now, fancy a brew said:

Doncaster also 'forgot' to advise how much money would have to be repaid to broadcasters by calling the league. 

He also falsely claimed it was the only way to get money to the smaller clubs, and as they'd had most of their payments for the season the sums involved were paltry anyway.

If memory serves Doncaster was in line for a large bonus when the new Sky deal started, but it would be scurrilous to suggest that this played any part in his thinking.

Isn't it true that money has yet to be paid out? I'm sure Ewan Murray tweeted about that in the last few weeks or so

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

What a thing to read with my morning coffee (in a Hearts mug of course) it is almost beyond belief that this clown is in a high paying job and gets away with all of his actions and inactions to prop up one club, almost all of Scottish football only has itself to blame!

25 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

I was only at my normal level of total outrage reading through that but I lost it altogether when Mr Doncaster said "The alternative is you start making up the rules as you go along".

The man has more neck than a giraffe

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Isn't it true that money has yet to be paid out? I'm sure Ewan Murray tweeted about that in the last few weeks or so

You're right, a hangover from the curtailment of last season's Sky deal. I'm sure Peter will be livid when he finds out, and will make a rousing speech to condemn Doncaster at the next Spfl board meeting.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/26/scottish-clubs-still-awaiting-payments-from-league-for-2019-20-season

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, gator said:

What a thing to read with my morning coffee (in a Hearts mug of course) it is almost beyond belief that this clown is in a high paying job and gets away with all of his actions and inactions to prop up one club, almost all of Scottish football only has itself to blame!

Spot on. This tweet was about the meeting they just had. 

CA29D1AA-E31D-423C-A809-705B5594BED6.jpeg

A8481376-1749-4F22-9652-21F2B47D489A.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, gator said:

Look at how pissed off we’re all getting at this interview with this t**t. Utter disbelief at the arrogance. How many times does he blame the SG!? 
Now, I know we probably all don’t care, but what do you think Rangers are thinking about these comments? N & V a possibility? I think we’ll be hearing from them soon.
I really feel (and hope) we’re nearing some watershed moment. This muppet cant hold onto his position much longer surely? Just an absolute embarrassment of a man. 

19 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Look at how pissed off we’re all getting at this interview with this t**t. Utter disbelief at the arrogance. How many times does he blame the SG!? 
Now, I know we probably all don’t care, but what do you think Rangers are thinking about these comments? N & V a possibility? I think we’ll be hearing from them soon.
I really feel (and hope) we’re nearing some watershed moment. This muppet cant hold onto his position much longer surely? Just an absolute embarrassment of a man. 

Of course us Jambos have no use for him after all the corruption heaved at us and are seething, I just wonder how supporters of other clubs who haven't been put through the wringer like us are feeling? ND is being propped up by a majority, a simple "rousing speach" was enough to keep the cretins in line before, I wonder if anything has changed!

2 minutes ago, gator said:

Of course us Jambos have no use for him after all the corruption heaved at us and are seething, I just wonder how supporters of other clubs who haven't been put through the wringer like us are feeling? ND is being propped up by a majority, a simple "rousing speach" was enough to keep the cretins in line before, I wonder if anything has changed!

I’m pretty sure they’ve seen (over the last 9 months) how pathetic/incompetent/bent the spfl/celtic actually are. Apart from us (And pt & Stranraer)... you’ve now got the lg1 & 2 paused to which Stenny & Falkirk are demanding governance change (and I’ll bet they’re not the only ones!) You’ve got all the double standards with regards to COVID non- conformance penalties and Celtic. How about Hubz game getting changed without their knowledge (for Celtics benefit). Everything negative during this pandemic has Celtic involved in some capacity... and now we’ve got donkey congratulating them on their Dubai apology and refusing to condemn their actions!? WTF. There are plenty more, but if ANY team in the spfl can’t see what a sham the board (and their ties to Celtic) are... they never, ever will. Rangers have remained very quiet up til now, but with donkeys comments today, I think you’ll see them come out fighting also. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not sure he took it okay Jimmy. If the pictures of him during the rendition are anything to go by he was absolutely seething. He still a wanchor but he's absolutely correct in his criticism of his old team. 

There is TV footage of him laughing during it

That apparatchik is a disgrace and his salary should be reclassified as a bribe.  The only thing is we are all contributing to this bribe that unquestionably is being paid in greenbacks!

The corruption in Scottish Football is so bad the puss has come to the surface and still some can't see it or, won't see it.

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fairly sure rangers will have something to say about that however; celtic run the GFA anyway so it would just fall on deaf ears!

Not when the death threats start hitting Doncaster and his cronies.  

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He has firmly laid the blame at SGs door - it couldn't be clearer. In reality his board & their QC advised the clubs to not extend the season - it was an  SPFL collective decision. Now we can see why the SG is publicly making it clear that it's the SPFL and its own JRG who will be running the show. 

As for N&V - in light of what happened last season , it's not going to happen. 

38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think Susie Dent has nailed this. 

I prefer "Cockwomble" as in Doncaster is a

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Aye Lawell just replaced Murray but since Rangers demise Celtic minded seem to have ingrained themselves deep into everywhere in Scottish football.They make me sick and I never used to bother about them that much as I have a lot of Celtic fans as mates but since Rangers death ( rebirth ) they have annoyed me far more than Rangers ever did and I have no time for them either.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

👍

So Doncaster states microphones weren't muted and the  Stenhousemuir guy contradicts this. The clubs seem happy enough to use twitter as a vehicle to voice their discontent but you've got to ask what will it take for them to actually take action and empty this cabal. Really does beggar belief.

23 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

So Doncaster states microphones weren't muted and the  Stenhousemuir guy contradicts this. The clubs seem happy enough to use twitter as a vehicle to voice their discontent but you've got to ask what will it take for them to actually take action and empty this cabal. Really does beggar belief.

Easy enough for a journalist to phone round a few chairmen about the microphones. 

46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Easy enough for a journalist to phone round a few chairmen about the microphones. 

From Tom Englishs Twitter - I know who I believe...

BA4A1E75-07B5-45B2-BB6E-02D1ED014D61.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If this is true then shame on all the other chairmen who have said nothing about this since. 

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Iain McMenemy said exactly this on Sportsound. He also said that since the meeting ended that he had,had private conversations with both Ian Maxwell(CEO of the SFA) and Neil Doncaster(CEO of the SPFL board).

He said how well he got on with Ian Maxwell and that they are friends.

He didnt say anything with regard to Neil Doncaster, which to me speaks volumes.

Edited by John Findlay

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

If this is true then shame on all the other chairmen who have said nothing about this since. 

The thing is, they had to email their questions, their microphones were muted... not hard to believe that the brave spfl clearly didn’t want a discussion. They excel at dodging and asking their own questions. We’ve simply got to get rid of this crowd... it’s getting clearer by the day. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Iain McMenemy said exactly this on Sportsound. He also said that since the meeting ended that he had,had private conversations with both Ian Maxwell(CEO of the SFA) and Neil Doncaster(CEO of the SPFL board).

He said how well he got on with Ian Maxwell and that they are friends.

He didnt say anything with regard to Neil Doncaster, which to me speaks volumes.

We need a few more Stenny, Falkirk and Patrick T chairmen calling out the spfl... the language they are using in their statements is getting stronger with regards to a change in governance. 

Heard a rumour that Duffy left the training camp in Dubai to meet friends for drinks. 

Him leaving the bubble was nonsense until celtic realised they needed him to play.

32 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Heard a rumour that Duffy left the training camp in Dubai to meet friends for drinks. 

Him leaving the bubble was nonsense until celtic realised they needed him to play.

True.

But the stronger story is he had family business to deal with.

And another rumour is Celtic are keeping him for rest of season.

Edited by Mikey1874

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The thing is, they had to email their questions, their microphones were muted... not hard to believe that the brave spfl clearly didn’t want a discussion. They excel at dodging and asking their own questions. We’ve simply got to get rid of this crowd... it’s getting clearer by the day. 

Yes, so the microphones probably weren’t muted, more likely they just weren’t allowed to ask questions that hadn’t been submitted beforehand? If McEnemey’s mic was muted how did the board hear him and reply that he wasn’t allowed to ask questions?!