Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Lets be honest he's just chucked the whole Scottish game under a bus!

That's the mentality. He's failed so he has to rubbish everything. Practically sneering through an interview shown nationally. Time for the club to put its arm around Neil. The Celtic family

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He has attempted too.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Candy said:

I thought the STV news report was interesting. Seemed to indicate that Lennons mood was because of someone in the media being at the press conference.

Walker?

They are being judged by different standards from everyone else, he says.

Not sure who out of 'everyone else' swanned off to Dubai at a time of national crisis and had drinks by the pool in a luxury resort and passed around a potentially deadly virus, but hey.

No doubt Neil Doncaster will be standing up for him and them soon.

Shooter McGavin

I think that boot to the head he took from Alan Shearer might explain some of the nonsense he’s came out with today. 

Almost like a punch drunk effect.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Walker?

Walker wasn't at the press conference. Charles Paterson was representing Sky News and said, to the effect, that Walker's views were his own.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Walker wasn't at the press conference. Charles Paterson was representing Sky News and said, to the effect, that Walker's views were his own.

Lennon has lost the plot completely. So have the club. It’s an incredible mess.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

given that he clearly doesn't understand the rules it's no surprise they are having issue. see he is trotting out the victim card again - pathetic

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

given that he clearly doesn't understand the rules it's no surprise they are having issue. see he is trotting out the victim card again - pathetic

He must know deep down that it’s nothing to do with protocols or any of that. It’s the fact that they flew out to Dubai at a time when Covid was going mad and the entire country was hours away from locking down. They shouldn’t have gone, end of story.

He’ll be gone from Celtic in the next few weeks. It’s come apart at the seams and there’s no sewing it back together now. 

47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Time for the other clubs to stand up and say that celtic do not, nor ever have, spoken for Scottish Football.

They are going down swinging, Trump-style, and are just as grotesque.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This was the source of Lennon's antipathy towards Walker

What’s the deal with the long-term beef between Walker and Lennon/Celtic?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This was the source of Lennon's antipathy towards Walker

Dare I say it, Walker actually sounds like a real journalist in this piece. There I've said it, it won't last.

kingantti1874
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Dare I say it, Walker actually sounds like a real journalist in this piece. There I've said it, it won't last.

tin hat on, for the last few years I’ve always felt he tried to give an honest opinion.. he can’t hide he’s a Celtic man but there you have it.. massive difference from when he appeared on the scene 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What’s the deal with the long-term beef between Walker and Lennon/Celtic?

Probably the belief within Celtic that one of their own would never openly criticise the club.

Once a Celtic man always a Celtic man.

Why is it that everything iffy,  nasty,  corrupt,  dishonest that wells up out of the Scottish Football sewer has a Celtic reek about it?

Just now, JackLadd said:

He says Walker did nothing at celtic. Talking out his hole their. Walker won a double in 88.

Centenary year. 

Now just a footnote in a mediocre 9 in a row, quadruple treble obsession. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

tin hat on, for the last few years I’ve always felt he tried to give an honest opinion.. he can’t hide he’s a Celtic man but there you have it.. massive difference from when he appeared on the scene 

To be honest, I seldom, if ever, listen to any pundits so couldn't say I'm aware of any gradual improvement, but if he is as forthright normally as he was there when discussing Celtic/the New Old Firm, then he must be making a step in the right direction.

And he’s not praying!

Whilst I’m enjoying his and Celtics meltdown immensely, the quicker this poisonous rhat exits Scottish football, never to be seen again, the better.

jamboinglasgow

Feels like a man who knows his time is numbered and its getting badly to him. I reckon if Celtic dont win on Wednesday he is out the door (then again I still dont get why he wasn't sacked in November.)

haveyouheard1874
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Feels like a man who knows his time is numbered and its getting badly to him. I reckon if Celtic dont win on Wednesday he is out the door (then again I still dont get why he wasn't sacked in November.)

Money may have played a part, also think the powers that be at Celtic thought they would turn it round

Hagar the Horrible

Just part of tje guys MO. He always fans the flames right after pouring oil over the fire. Lawwell can't justify him going off piste like that. The anger and vitriol in him. Eats him like a cancer. Rotten to the core. I feed on the happiness his hatred for us in particular. We are just so much better than he is as a person and he fits the club he represents to a tee. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Guys never changed from off.. when it aint going his way, duck.. He was a lousy loser as a player and worse loser as a Manager,, though a wonderful winner.. For me he's a busted flush and hopefully he will  far far away from our game, never to return  when he leaves celtic 

Back to Hibs it is then in the worlds first managerial swap, in keeping with how they’ve swapped players since 1888.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Just part of tje guys MO. He always fans the flames right after pouring oil over the fire. Lawwell can't justify him going off piste like that. The anger and vitriol in him. Eats him like a cancer. Rotten to the core. I feed on the happiness his hatred for us in particular. We are just so much better than he is as a person and he fits the club he represents to a tee. 

Imagine if we had scored those two penalties, he’d be in a padded cell by now. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why is it that everything iffy,  nasty,  corrupt,  dishonest that wells up out of the Scottish Football sewer has a Celtic or Rangers reek about it?

Just a wee amendment needed

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Imagine if we had scored those two penalties, he’d be in a padded cell by now. 

Yes indeed - if someone could have got a wee whisper about that possibility through to Kingsley & Wighton before they lined up their kicks, they'd maybe have blasted them into the corner !!   :jambobanana:

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He really isn’t well. 

Maxy is probably writing an email right now to him -

Dear Neil

I was very concerned to learn of your issues & pressures.   We really do sympathise.  Would you like us to suspend your league ?

Love

Maxy  (on behalf of Peter)

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Dear Neil

I was very concerned to learn of your issues & pressures.   We really do sympathise.  Would you like us to suspend your league ?

Love

Lennon or Doncaster?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wonder if Nicola and Neil do Tinder?

Appropriate name for the site and the match made in he........

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Dear Neil

Love

Brilliant

34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Livi should have won on Saturday. Comfortably. 15 attempts, whistling past, tipped onto the bar. Celtic are probably looking at Martindale!

38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I genuinely believe no one of any note wanted it. 

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Livi should have won on Saturday. Comfortably. 15 attempts, whistling past, tipped onto the bar. Celtic are probably looking at Martindale!

If they were the first thing would be a background check to see what school he went to...

It’s the Glaswegian way. 

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

I think this might just be Lennon's drop-the-mike moment

I wish the Mike would drop Lennon

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I genuinely believe no one of any note wanted it. 

Could well be that, or at least any manager interested would want to start in the summer. Let someone else be responsible for messing up 10 in a row, then you can come in during the summer for a fresh start, make the changes to the team without the pressure of continuing a title run.

I'm surprised there have not been more questions about Jullien:

-Why was he even there? Performance?! -he's on crutches!

-What was he doing when others were training?

-Were protocols applied to him?