Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Reviewing the presser - Tom English ripping him apart  - that guy doesn't let anyone off the hook.  Top.

Edited by Birregrande

13 minutes ago, merrymac said:

CL feels sorry for him:clyay:

Think he knows Lennon is on his last legs and doesn’t want to kick him on the way out. Managers union type of thing. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Think he knows Lennon is on his last legs and doesn’t want to kick him on the way out. Managers union type of thing. 

Yep said as much in following comments

14 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

His boss tries to dampen it down.Lennon puts the nail in the coffin with that rant.He has lost it.

I can only think he is trying to piss of Nicola and get her to stop any Scottish football and SFA call a null and

void end to the league.

Or am I just cynical and hes just off his head. 

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I feel with Levein, he's thinking about himself. Getting booted when he's down so he defends Lennon even when it is unwarranted.

He's pals with Lennon, sticking up for his mate. 

Broad foot:  trying to say it's to fire up the players!!!! 

Really?

He's still saying it now - 'looking for a performance.'

How anyone can see Lennon's performance a ploy to achieve the above is as deluded as he is

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Operation null and void in place!

They can null and void all they like and even if they did .so we start of again next season with a fresh league do they think anybody would take their ten in a row seriously if they won it .

Surprised no journos asked why they took Julien to Dubai.

Second observation I made. Scotland team doing the Conga, none of his players would behave like that.  Griffiths, Christie Taylor and MCGregor where in the Conga

slam dunk that ya fud

All roads lead to Gorgie

What a total weapon Lennon has become. Who in their right mind would travel half way round the world in the circumstances we find ourselves in right now. What a crazy rant!

can't help but laugh at Neil Lennon in his delusional ranting.  He goes on about players being crammed into a bus to travel to Hamilton, crammed into tiny dressing room at St Johnstone and the hypocrisy of the protocols.  What he spectacularly fails to realise hear is that 'elite' sportsmen and women have been privileged to carry on with their livlihoods whilst thousands of others have to sit at home, businesses collapse etc.

Players celebrating by hugging etc was / is allowed when everyone on the playing / coaching staff have returned NEGATIVE tests!  

Obviously the protocols then kick in as soon as a POSITIVE test is registered meaning self isolation, (which believe it or not, in Sellic's case can result in a self isolating player returning a positive case!!!!), social distancing on buses and complete adherence to all protocols recommended by Government and medical professionals!

I have a new found depth to my disdain and disgust for Celtic and Neil Lennon.  Pity their downfall will result in the other half of Scotland's shame winning their first ever major trophy!

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

its about to come on national ITN News.

I just seen it on STV. It's a must see.

He gets national news with that.Surely celtic couldn't  have known he was going to say that.bye bye neil 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not uncommon for him apparently. Or should I say allegedly. 

Apparently is fine. Allegedly would suggest he’s maybe not the victim in all this 😏😂

I fully expect him to either resign or be put on leave for his own good. Thus giving Celtic fans a ready made excuse for why they didn’t get the title. Unfortunately they’ve left it too late for anyone to buy it as an excuse. Maybe before you’re 20 odd points behind would work better. Martin O’Neil in for the rest of the season with a heartfelt news conference about coming in to help his dear friend Neil. 
As Scotland looks on laughing. 

MarkDevriesScores4

“We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.”

Everything apart from cancelling the unnecessary trip during a global pandemic. What a f**ny. 

Got to be the final nail.

He is like a rambling drunk, arguing all over the place, ott confrontational.

all that was missing:-

You want some....

27 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

His anger is never far away,, hopefully he will be away quite soon.. he's just bad for Scottish football

Personally I hope he stays at celtic for at least another 10 years. He is comedy gold. 

18 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

He questions why his players were made to self-isolate at the same time as confirmation came in that one of those very players tested positive!! Is he really that thick?! 

Do you know how/when the player caught covid ?

For all you know he caught it at home and nothing to do with the trip but people are desperate to link anything to do with that trip and on that point he is correct

Of course procedures need to be followed but unless there is more information we cannot just assume the player in question caught it in Dubai and even if so how he caught it there/from whom was it passed.

The virus follows no pattern and is carried at times by people with no symptoms who are carriers....it can happen to anyone and a trip to Dubai might have been the cause or might not after all no one knows who passed it on.

25 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

He questions why his players were made to self-isolate at the same time as confirmation came in that one of those very players tested positive!! Is he really that thick?! 

It's incredible that.  I listened to him on the news.   Almost gets me angry.   I really do hope they, celtic, get hammered for it.   Not just for Lennon, the whole trip, the insistence it was still a good idea and that they travelled recklessly. 

If Neil Lennon had any power his comments amount to bullying. Attempting to bully Andy Walker was certainly bizarre. 

But he's a figure of fun. 

There’s nothing said when his Shan club & the other baw bags in Glasgow get o the decisions going whether dodgy pens sending offs etc that’s okay the minute you criticise which is justified the dummy gets spat out.

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Surprised no journos asked why they took Julien to Dubai.

Second observation I made. Scotland team doing the Conga, none of his players would behave like that.  Griffiths, Christie Taylor and MCGregor where in the Conga

slam dunk that ya fud

wonder how they players feel after being made an example of by their manager  

If he’s not the lost the dressing room that’ll make a few players minds up. 

Kennedy admitted “ a few mistakes were made”. 

Liewell gave some form of apology. 

Think Lennon is going this one alone. 

Tosser of a man 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Got to be the final nail.

He is like a rambling drunk, arguing all over the place, ott confrontational.

all that was missing:-

You want some....

Ha! Exactly what I thought. Id be moving away from someone in the boozer ranting like that.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is Lennon all over.

He has never done himself any favours.

A simple " in light of the current climate it was a mistake to go on this piss up in the sun when there are so many working round the clock to save lives and so many living under severe restrictions"  would have sufficed

Correct, his pathetic lashing out fits with the pattern throughout his career.

your suggested statement is exactly what any wise person would say, but that would take dignity, decency, insight, self awareness and taking responsibility - none of which he’s ever been capable of. 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tom English - 'Celtic fans aren't buying this rubbish'; 'delusional and deflecting'. 'Paranoia'. 'Boneheaded' to criticise pundits. Crazy to say 2 Covid positives are good. Club has lost it's way - all over the place.

Craig Levein - 'I feel a bit sorry for Neil'; 'sums up how bad things are for Celtic'; 'ludicrous to have to announce 1 Covid becomes 2 at press conference' Sounds like he's had enough. Nothing is working for him. 

Daryl Broadfoot - started by pointing out these are national public health rules not football protocols designed to protect people (Lennon said protocols are rubbish) 'Neil Lennon's last stand'. Says it was directed at players and Dermot Desmond to show he still has fight defiance. 

Complete and utter wank of a guy, even the Scottish squad were getting it in the neck. Surely that's anti-Scottish racism? 🤣😆😁

Fire_At_The_Disco

That will be that.

ching-ching ya Mhanky, horrible, victimised  wee Rat. 

Edited by Tambo_The_Jambo

haveyouheard1874

Guys never changed from off.. when it aint going his way, duck.. He was a lousy loser as a player and worse loser as a Manager,, though a wonderful winner.. For me he's a busted flush and hopefully he will  far far away from our game, never to return  when he leaves celtic 

Just now, topsport said:

Correct, his pathetic lashing out fits with the pattern throughout his career.

your suggested statement is exactly what any wise person would say, but that would take dignity, decency, insight, self awareness and taking responsibility - none of which he’s ever been capable of. 

Totally right.

He is not capable of thinking or acting like a normal person at all. 

As has been sung many times before, 'its not sectarian, Neil Lennons a *****'. 

I'm starting to wonder if this suggestion of a determined push by Celtic to have the season null & void has some merit. 

They cannot possibly be missing the point so spectacularly. The more they say the more it's got an agenda behind it.

Bringing up what the Scotland players did is a risk for Lennon. Well done for pointing out there were four Celtic players there. 

But it also is fair game to bring up other past events. 

I noticed he said about the poolside photos iirc We were there for about 20 mins for a pint.ive never sat at pool and behaved so good 

part_time_jambo
56 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Said there is no social distancing possible in Hamilton and St Johnstone dressing rooms. 

They shouldn't have chucked the big team out the league then.

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

They shouldn't have chucked the big team out the league then.

Lets be honest he's just chucked the whole Scottish game under a bus!

13 minutes ago, topsport said:

Summarises it perfectly 

Tom English also mentioned Lennon  rather than apologizing had gone into rottweiler mode!

Its taken longer than I thought!!!

Just now, Glencoejambo said:

Tom English also mentioned Lennon  rather than apologizing had gone into rottweiler mode!

Its taken longer than I thought!!!

I’m not into piling in and ripping someone to pieces, especially when they’re clearly fragile mentally.  But by god this guy has repeatedly been cut an amazing amount of slack for his behaviour for decades.

When it comes to celtic and Rangers the press in Scotland run scared of seeking answers to what should be very obvious and easy questions.

About time they did their job, for the sake of the wider game here.