Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

23 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Wow, did Walker really just stick up for hearts? 

He also supported us over the summer, as did Provan and Nicholas.

Strange ****ing times we’re living in. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

He also supported us over the summer, as did Provan and Nicholas.

Strange ****ing times we’re living in. 

Most players and managers supported us during the summer. It was just the chairman and the OF loving media hat wanted to stick the boot in.

59 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Andy Walker giving it tight to Celtic again....

"Have Celtic been badly affected more than any other club? Really? Try telling that to Hearts or Partick Thistle or any of the lower league clubs whose season is currently suspended. The trip was performance-based? Celtic fans saw pints at the pool."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/20245/12187189/andy-walker-on-celtic-what-will-dermot-desmond-do-now

What performance benefit is there from training in a resort in Dubai as opposed to their purpose built training facility?

Edited by Smithee

SectionDJambo

Things are getting very confusing when we’re starting to like Andy Walker.

Good on him, though. One of the very few Scottish sports media who has had the courage to criticise Celtic. The likes of Young and Gordon are pathetic.

11 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Can I ask whichever mod removed my post exactly why it was removed, I breached no rules of the forum, didn’t say a thing wrong, or even offensive, nothing against fellow posters and certainly no swearing or sectarian leaning comment or anything like that?

It is obvious that

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Big Brother is watching you.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What performance benefit is there from training in a resort in Dubai as opposed to their purpose built training facility?

You can't have a performance enhancing pint by the pool in glesga.

Absolute arrogant, self-entitled madness.

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Doesnt sound like it was worth reading if thats all true. :lol:

lol, it honestly wasn’t even bad which raised my curiosity as to why it was removed?!

Anyhooo, I shouldn’t have asked why it was removed and just moved on so apologies to the mod team for doing so.

23 hours ago, john thomas said:

And , in my opinion , will continue to do so . If that is the case they don't deserve forgiveness . That is from my , now , very extensive life experience

There's the rub.  I didn't and don't "deserve" forgiveness.  I "deserve" condemnation.  But Christ took what I "deserve" in my place, and gave His forgiveness as a free gift.  It's called "Grace!"

But I can no longer live as I once did and no longer desire to.  That's the power of forgiveness.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

There's the rub.  I didn't and don't "deserve" forgiveness.  I "deserve" condemnation.  But Christ took what I "deserve" in my place, and gave His forgiveness as a free gift.  It's called "Grace!"

But I can no longer live as I once did and no longer desire to.  That's the power of forgiveness.

I probably asked for that .

Meanwhile back on earth .....

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dubai was part of their obsession with 10 in a row. 

It's a really good point about spending so much money when you say your the worst hit financially. 

But in their heads, going to Dubai was the last shot at the 10. So well worth it.

Ironically if it gets the game shut down and the season voided it'll be a bargain in their eyes...

45 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I probably asked for that .

Meanwhile back on earth .....

You did rather!

I could have been graceless and said, "Gotcha," but I wouldn't.

On 13/01/2021 at 18:46, Smoked-Glass said:

They have said sorry so that's good enough for me.. 

Aye right. 

Execute the lot of them. 

Well not quite.    Lawwell only apologised to the Celtic supporters.   No mention of saying sorry to the Scottish Government, the SPFL, every other football club in their league, the police, the NHS staff struggling to care for increasing numbers of  Covid patients, everyone who is obeying the lockdown rules, etc.      

And then his guff about Celtic being harder hit than anyone !!    Presumably he's already forgotten about the effect his "rousing speech" apparently had in April.  🙄

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

The obvious one is if we have unseasonably hot weather they’ll be prepared. 

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hear Lennon sacked this evening and will be announced tomorrow.

probably hoping to take some heat away from the Dubai debacle.

:sergioyay:

9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

My son heard the same tonight

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

That's shit news.

I prefer him as reptiles manager. Need a replacement of similar ilk or Delia, Venglos, Mowbray.

My pal told me weeks ago Martin O'Neill, I think he could be as easily useless these days.

Pasquale for King
On 12/01/2021 at 14:01, Paolo said:

Yes.  I think I am correct in saying the bottom three in the Premier League, when the season first stopped, was different to the three at the end of the season. 

Aston Villa escaped. As did Werder Bremen and Barnsley who all would’ve went down if the games hadn’t been played. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That's shit news.

I prefer him as reptiles manager. Need a replacement of similar ilk or Delia, Venglos, Mowbray.

My pal told me weeks ago Martin O'Neill, I think he could be as easily useless these days.

Jack Draws surely 😆

Sacking Lennon to appease the filthy skanks thus deflecting the abhorrent decision making  from their hierarchy. Of course giving him the gig after winning the Scottish (with a dive) was a monumental mistake 🤣.  Is there a more dispicable club in the world - no.  A club with a history of child abuse, IRA sympathisers and supporters and let’s not forget corruption. A horrible institution 

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Most players and managers supported us during the summer. It was just the chairman and the OF loving media hat wanted to stick the boot in.

and their fans!

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

I would love Scottish football and Scotland in general to be rid of that inflammatory scumbag!

58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that glorious? It would impact on us as well, you know. 

Hmmm not so sure Nookie. I posted this on another thread. I don’t think it would be the worst thing fir Scottish football -

If that happens, the spfl will completely implode. So, may not be the worst thing to happen. Think about it, since the summer the spfl/celtic have single handedly pissed off almost everyone in some capacity. Initially you had the demotions. Now you’ve got lower leagues cancelled, games changed (Hubs), double standards when it comes to COVID punishments - about the only club they’ve (spfl/celtic) have not pissed off are Rangers. If the league is called ‘void’, it would be the final nail in the coffin. No prize money, no European places and no title for Rangers. No promotions or relegations... the fallout would be catastrophic. The spfl would die. 
So, every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe it’s what the game requires here in Scotland? It certainly needs a governing transplant. 

Null and void would cause a lot of damage, maybe so much so that league reconstruction would need to happen. I’d be amazed if 12-10-10-10 is here next season but then that depends on any revolt. Too many clubs happily take their medicine when they could’ve forced change in the past but maybe we’re at a breaking point now. 

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Null and void would cause a lot of damage, maybe so much so that league reconstruction would need to happen. I’d be amazed if 12-10-10-10 is here next season but then that depends on any revolt. Too many clubs happily take their medicine when they could’ve forced change in the past but maybe we’re at a breaking point now. 

I think too many clubs have been shafted one way or another by the spfl, for them to fall in line as quickly as they did in the summer. If anything good has come out of this it’s that there has been a huge microscope staring down on all the SPFLs actions this last 9 months or so. They have been exposed for the charlatans that they are... that we all knew they were. 
If this season is to be ‘void’ I think it would be an act of suicide for the spfl... maybe they feel that they have been outed and would be happy with that?

9 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Null and void on the table fekin glorious

Fairly sure rangers will have something to say about that however; celtic run the GFA anyway so it would just fall on deaf ears!

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hmmm not so sure Nookie. I posted this on another thread. I don’t think it would be the worst thing fir Scottish football -

If that happens, the spfl will completely implode. So, may not be the worst thing to happen. Think about it, since the summer the spfl/celtic have single handedly pissed off almost everyone in some capacity. Initially you had the demotions. Now you’ve got lower leagues cancelled, games changed (Hubs), double standards when it comes to COVID punishments - about the only club they’ve (spfl/celtic) have not pissed off are Rangers. If the league is called ‘void’, it would be the final nail in the coffin. No prize money, no European places and no title for Rangers. No promotions or relegations... the fallout would be catastrophic. The spfl would die. 
So, every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe it’s what the game requires here in Scotland? It certainly needs a governing transplant. 

I wouldn't be risking anything if it means we may end up playing more games at the Indo-*******-drill Stadium.

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

My feelings also bring the whole corrupt regime down and start again with ex players running the system from grassroots level upward

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fairly sure rangers will have something to say about that however; celtic run the GFA anyway so it would just fall on deaf ears!

Celtic are only in temporary charge, once Rangers win a couple of titles they'll be back running the show.

On 14/01/2021 at 12:06, highlandjambo3 said:

Same here so, a wee review and revamp of our much beloved tune as follows:

”Andy Walker, still a wa***r, still a wa***r”.............. how’s that sound?

To be fair he found that day amusing and astonishing in equal measure. Pretty sure he took it in good part, was impressed by the unity it showed from us (those were the days huh ?) and the sheer volume. I actually think he had a word with himself on what he did that caused that level of vitriol. For a Celtic man, he’s awright IMO. Anyone in the media who’s even remotely on our side  or even just neutral is okay by me.

Edited by JimmyCant

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

To be fair he found that day amusing and astonishing in equal measure. Pretty sure he took it in good part, was impressed by the unity it showed from us (those were the days huh ?) and the sheer volume. I actually think he had a word with himself on what he did that caused that level of vitriol. For a Celtic man, he’s awright IMO. Anyone in the media who’s even remotely on our side  or even just neutral is okay by me.

But the amended song is ok yes?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Apart from the fact it would **** us over again it would be hilarious to to see the implosion from der hun. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure he took it okay Jimmy. If the pictures of him during the rendition are anything to go by he was absolutely seething. He still a wanchor but he's absolutely correct in his criticism of his old team.