Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

50 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Independence could open the door to a European League. 

On reflection I don’t think independence and/or Brexit helps or hinders what UEFA would approve. If the money and the will are there it can happen. I’m not sure decent English clubs would be interested because of the money already down there. Same goes for Spain Italy Germany and probably France. 

2nd and 3rd tier countries like Belgium Norway Sweden Denmark Portugal and Scotland might be the way forward on this but I don’t see the drive and the will to push on with it at the moment.

Not sure my liver and wallet could survive a European trip every fortnight 😂 

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

46 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You obviously missed the point about change. Confession and repentance (that word from the Greek meaning to turn around and go the other way) necessitates not just confession but changing away from the crap you've been practicing and it includes making reparations where necessary.

Still means you get away with original transgression [middle english , middle french , latin]

So my point stands

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The only reason the Celtic fans are outraged is they can't blame anyone else for this and their own board are treating them the way they've treated everyone else in Scottish football for years; with complete contempt. 

Losing this league will see a power shift back to Rangers, Doncaster and co will remove the Celtic/Lawell boaby and pull on their Union Jack boxer shorts to lure the Rangers back into the hampden boudoir!

Celtic fans will suddenly have a cause again as their club gets shafted by the hampden lunch club and Rangers rack up 3 or 4 titles in a row. 

Celtic fans I know are pissed off. 

Pissed of thier club went a holiday on their money while, many fans lose jobs etc. 

Can't believe they went ahead with the dubsia trip. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pissed of thier club went a holiday on their money while, many fans lose jobs etc. 

I think the 20+ pt gap is the key factor.

If nip and tuck, or just ahead they would have backed to the hilt of being allowed to do so as elite sport travel exemption.

Anything to the thing going around Twitter suggesting there will be an emergency meeting with all 42 clubs tomorrow, or is it just internet shite? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/42-spfl-clubs-set-crisis-23308116

All 42 SPFL clubs set for crisis talks as Premiership big guns to demand answers over missing £20m bailout

League One and Two bosses are also poised to voice concerns over the imposed three week shutdown as serious financial fears mount.

Additional:   There's a banner outside celtic park saying  "you can't hide forever". 

banner-702x459.jpg

Edited by HMFC01

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/42-spfl-clubs-set-crisis-23308116

All 42 SPFL clubs set for crisis talks as Premiership big guns to demand answers over missing £20m bailout

League One and Two bosses are also poised to voice concerns over the imposed three week shutdown as serious financial fears mount.

Additional:   There's a banner outside celtic park saying  "you can't hide forever". 

banner-702x459.jpg

Yay! More Zoom calls and more potential self-interviews by Murdoch MacLennan as to why the SPFL is doing the best for all of its members, apart from those who it is shafting!

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yay! More Zoom calls and more potential self-interviews by Murdoch MacLennan as to why the SPFL is doing the best for all of its members, apart from those who it is shafting!

Number of clubs are crying out for the money. Wonder if that includes Hibs and St Mirren who have been flashing the cash throughout Covid

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

banner-702x459.jpg

Whos the banner aimed at 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

The world hide and seek champion.

Neil Doncaster.

Nah, can't be him, the flag a couple of days ago was wanting "regime change" with comical Ali on it. 

28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The world hide and seek champion.

Neil Doncaster.

Nah, can't be him, the flag a couple of days ago was wanting "regime change" with comical Ali on it. 

Some lot 🤪

11 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Hamilton supporters? 

🤣🤣🤣, good spot! I was thinking that there are any number of 'Wallys' hiding in the vicinity of Celtic Park/Hampden whose silence is deafening.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I think the 20+ pt gap is the key factor.

If nip and tuck, or just ahead they would have backed to the hilt of being allowed to do so as elite sport travel exemption.

On the field matters always will, but I think celtic have missed the mark here with the general public and their own. 

The celtic fans I know gave up on the league months ago. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Not clear. But whoever it is won’t be out for 10 days 😷

highlandjambo3

Thing is, JKB can rant all they like about this, as are many other football forums but, it will be old news no one is talking about in a weeks time.....sweep sweep

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If celtic had beat rangers they  would not have given a fcuk about Dubai trip

Footballfirst

Celtic claimed that Jullien went on the trip so that he could continue to be treated by Celtic's medical staff.  If he was indeed receiving treatment while he was away, then you would have expected the medical staff to be deemed as close contacts. 

We also know that Lennon and Kennedy were two out the three backroom staff who were identified as close contacts. Was the third person involved in Jullien's treatment? If not, then Celtic have further questions to answer about why Jullien was there in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Celtic claimed that Jullien went on the trip so that he could continue to be treated by Celtic's medical staff.  If he was indeed receiving treatment while he was away, then you would have expected the medical staff to be deemed as close contacts. 

We also know that Lennon and Kennedy were two out the three backroom staff who were identified as close contacts. Was the third person involved in Jullien's treatment? If not, then Celtic have further questions to answer about why Jullien was there in the first place. 

For anyone out with the SPFL board/CEO of the SFA, know that Celtic are at it and have been from day one. I just wish there was someone in the footballing authorities and the complicit mainstream media to have the cahoonies to call them out on this.

That club should be getting punished more severely than any other club in Scotland, purely on the grounds they have committed more COVID 19 breaches than any other club.

8 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Here are a couple of pics from the Hooped Demons intensive "sessions"

8A7E355C-74C5-4496-865A-1A2A48973459.jpeg

Jeez, for a second there i thought someone had photoshopped a young girl in there :o

6 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

This of course would have nothing at all to do with trying to blame the Scottish Government for all Scottish Footballs current woes. 

The SPL big guns will consist of a double barrel of arse cheeks and no more.

This is pure deflection tactics by the SFA/SPFL/JRG due to their ineptitude in running their business. They are trying to get the footballing public, with the help of the SMSM, to believe that they are 'innocent" in all this and SG are "BAD".

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Jeez, for a second there i thought someone had photoshopped a young girl in there :o

All genuine photos of the current Tic squad.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-conspiracy-theorists-completely-wrong-23309280

Mad piece by Gordon Parks. Having a go at everyone (of course except himself or his paper.)

Jesus - I've read some tripe and I've read some tripe but that is pathetic.

Is he still at Primary school ?

5 hours ago, sadj said:

https://thecelticstar.com/photo-you-cant-hide-forever-late-night-banner-appears-outside-celtic-park/

The Celtic hierarchy it says.   The board I think.   Its just been the usual mouthpieces like Lennon, brown, Kennedy, others that speak on behalf. 

Celtic Board - Present

Ian Bankier Chairman ( Since 2011)

Peter Lawwell, Chief Executive (since 2003)

Chris McKay, Finance Director (Since 2016)

THOMAS ALLISON - NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Sharon Brown, Independent Non-Executive Director ( since 2016)

Dermot Desmond, Independent Non-Executive Director (since 1995)

Brian Wilson, Independent Non-Executive Director (since 2005).

Edited by HMFC01

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Jesus - I've read some tripe and I've read some tripe but that is pathetic.

Is he still at Primary school ?

Its wildly goes all over the shop, one point he is dismissing lower league football, the next he is dragging in friends in lower leagues who have family issues with Covid to use them to attack others. 

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-conspiracy-theorists-completely-wrong-23309280

Mad piece by Gordon Parks. Having a go at everyone (of course except himself or his paper.)

He makes a couple of good points:

"Hard fact No.2. It’s the top two divisions which are the economic drivers of Scottish football while the majority of part-time teams are makeweights in an organisation that is bloated by minnows.

Far too many clubs pass themselves off as professional part-time operations, there are obvious exceptions but none of them should complain at being asked to take a back seat for the time being as the national lockdown runs its course."

...problem is, when the governance of our game raise their pathetic heads above the parapet, it's not to show leadership by any standards, but to absolve their precious celtic of all blame of blatant entitlement and stupidity... and definitely NOT to come up with answers or ideas for the greater good of our game in Scotland. 

When idiots like dungacster is posted missing when leadership is required most, and the sfa/spfl are basically in hiding -  everyman and his dog will come up with their own assumptions and 'conspiracies'. TBH, I'm pretty sure most are not that far off the mark.

You've got to laugh, however, when a daily ranker 'journo' writes a piece on conspiracies (basically made up stories).... not like they would ever do that.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

The most shocking thing about this for me is the league saying to hibs "oh don't worry if any of your players catch covid, we will reschedule your cup game so don't worry about it"

That shows football in this country isn't taking the virus seriously and it's enough to get us shut down.

highlandjambo3
10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The most shocking thing about this for me is the league saying to hibs "oh don't worry if any of your players catch covid, we will reschedule your cup game so don't worry about it"

That shows football in this country isn't taking the virus seriously and it's enough to get us shut down.

Did they not threaten hibs with repercussions if they failed to play this game?

Maroon Sailor
26 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He makes a couple of good points:

"Hard fact No.2. It’s the top two divisions which are the economic drivers of Scottish football while the majority of part-time teams are makeweights in an organisation that is bloated by minnows.

Far too many clubs pass themselves off as professional part-time operations, there are obvious exceptions but none of them should complain at being asked to take a back seat for the time being as the national lockdown runs its course."

...problem is, when the governance of our game raise their pathetic heads above the parapet, it's not to show leadership by any standards, but to absolve their precious celtic of all blame of blatant entitlement and stupidity... and definitely NOT to come up with answers or ideas for the greater good of our game in Scotland. 

When idiots like dungacster is posted missing when leadership is required most, and the sfa/spfl are basically in hiding -  everyman and his dog will come up with their own assumptions and 'conspiracies'. TBH, I'm pretty sure most are not that far off the mark.

You've got to laugh, however, when a daily ranker 'journo' writes a piece on conspiracies (basically made up stories).... not like they would ever do that.

It's an organisation bloated by 2 clubs which are bloated by people not supporting their local clubs.

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Did they not threaten hibs with repercussions if they failed to play this game?

I read that but not sure if true. Scandalous if it was 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I read that but not sure if true. Scandalous if it was 

Hibs Statement basically said as much that they were told serious repercussions would be had if they refused to play. 

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hibs Statement basically said as much that they were told serious repercussions would be had if they refused to play. 

Yes....I think that line was spun on last nights news clip.....spun by the pundit covering the story, not sure how accurate this was though.

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes....I think that line was spun on last nights news clip.....spun by the pundit covering the story, not sure how accurate this was though.

It's the words Hibs used "serious repercussions". 

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure why they are keeping so quiet about this.........I’d have taken the bate, what repercussions then?.....this would have SERIOUSLY called out our footballing authorities, punishing hibs for Ceptics shenanigans........course they hibsed it though didn’t they.

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure why they are keeping so quiet about this.........I’d have taken the bate, what repercussions then?.....this would have SERIOUSLY called out our footballing authorities, punishing hibs for Ceptics shenanigans........course they hibsed it though didn’t they.

Journalists were suggesting Celtic awarded 3-0 win. 

Why should Hibs be saying anything else publicly? You don't know what's being said. I expect Hibs will be following this up. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Journalists were suggesting Celtic awarded 3-0 win. 

Why should Hibs be saying anything else publicly? You don't know what's being said. I expect Hibs will be following this up. 

You would hope so. If Hibs just accept they way they have been treated re this game, including the re-scheduling, even by Hibs standards of weakness, this would be pathetic.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Surely they'd've used the official Hibs spelling...

Blowfish.png

45 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's an organisation bloated by 2 clubs which are bloated by people not supporting their local clubs.

Pretty much.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As usual, the SPFL have created a scenario where they can’t actually punish Celtic. They approved the trip. They’ve allowed this tinpot scenario where Celtic are free to postpone a game when they feel like it. They’ve got the head of the SFA backing Celtic to the hilt. 

It’s so blatant you can only conclude that the SPFL are happy to be seen as lickspittles in plain sight. They’re not even trying to hide their bias. Scottish football is a charade.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As usual, the SPFL have created a scenario where they can’t actually punish Celtic. They approved the trip. They’ve allowed this tinpot scenario where Celtic are free to postpone a game when they feel like it. They’ve got the head of the SFA backing Celtic to the hilt. 

It’s so blatant you can only conclude that the SPFL are happy to be seen as lickspittles in plain sight. They’re not even trying to hide their bias. Scottish football is a charade.

Yes.

We can only hope that the meeting taking place today descends into a civil war and the spfl/sfa are called out as 'not for for purpose' as we all know.

...I'll not hold my breath.

Ryan Christie getting hard done by I think.   Boli Bolingoli getting twice as much.    Even Hayes getting more ☺  Supposedly Bolingoli is injured and will be returning to parent club soon.  🤣

The teams total wage bill is:

£26,879,320 per year

£516,910 per week 

From 2020 of course. 

salary-2-768x454.png

salary-768x538.png

Edited by HMFC01

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Allowing Celtic to move the game to the Monday was a joke.

The 'Friday to Monday' game day is to support notably TV changes or impact of official UEFA competitive matches not to allow a team to go on a jolly.

As spineless as it is incompetence.