Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

On 12/01/2021 at 13:53, Pasquale for King said:

Never his fault. No wonder he got a job on Celtic tv. Aberdeen won both cups in the 80s so probably more of their players did it than ours. 

D6BF2C2B-6A0C-4AA4-9839-FA0CA7FA41B7.jpeg

D8D720FC-D599-49C6-B0AC-CABED861A930.jpeg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Allowing Celtic to move the game to the Monday was a joke.

The 'Friday to Monday' game day is to support notably TV changes or impact of official UEFA competitive matches not to allow a team to go on a jolly.

As spineless as it is incompetence.

Spot on.

The SPFL  shouted loud & clear at the start of the season that there were very limited slots to play rescheduled games but not only did CFC piss off on a jolly they insisted on a game  being rescheduled to accommodate it. Talk about "cake & eat it". 

15 hours ago, john thomas said:

Still means you get away with original transgression [middle english , middle french , latin]

So my point stands

No it doesn't! 

So, as I said, pointless in continuing this conversation.

14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No it doesn't! 

So, as I said, pointless in continuing this conversation.

Ok hope you are right and Celtic don't get away with it .

For clarification I should point out I am talking about what happens here on earth . Perhaps you are not ?

Gordon Ramsay
3 hours ago, David Black said:

You would hope so. If Hibs just accept they way they have been treated re this game, including the re-scheduling, even by Hibs standards of weakness, this would be pathetic.

Hibs won't do anything about it. Need to keep in cosy with their feeder club.

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-conspiracy-theorists-completely-wrong-23309280

Mad piece by Gordon Parks. Having a go at everyone (of course except himself or his paper.)

What an absolute crock. So by his argument, we might as well do away with the rest of the league and just have 38 OF games. 

2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

What an absolute crock. So by his argument, we might as well do away with the rest of the league and just have 38 OF games. 

The Daily R*cord would be very satisfied with that. It would save having to print stories on other teams

been here before
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's the words Hibs used "serious repercussions". 

"severe repercussions"

"The SPFL made clear that not fulfilling the fixture would have severe consequences for Hibernian.".

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Ok hope you are right and Celtic don't get away with it .

For clarification I should point out I am talking about what happens here on earth . Perhaps you are not ?

Both!

There has to be forgiveness but, on earth amongst us, it has to be conditional and forgiveness is not necessarily saying that someone doesn't have to pay the penalty for what they've done.  There are consequences but, it's different when an individual struggles with this as, in my now extensive ministerial experience, unforgiveness and bitterness does more harm to the person harbouring that in their hearts than it ever does to the one who's done the wrong.

There already have been consequences, to a degree, for that mob's trip to Dubai but, because of the moral and ethical flea-pit of the football authorities, they've so far got off lightly.

21 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Both!

There has to be forgiveness but, on earth amongst us, it has to be conditional and forgiveness is not necessarily saying that someone doesn't have to pay the penalty for what they've done.  There are consequences but, it's different when an individual struggles with this as, in my now extensive ministerial experience, unforgiveness and bitterness does more harm to the person harbouring that in their hearts than it ever does to the one who's done the wrong.

There already have been consequences, to a degree, for that mob's trip to Dubai but, because of the moral and ethical flea-pit of the football authorities, they've so far got off lightly.

And , in my opinion , will continue to do so . If that is the case they don't deserve forgiveness . That is from my , now , very extensive life experience

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Journalists were suggesting Celtic awarded 3-0 win. 

Why should Hibs be saying anything else publicly? You don't know what's being said. I expect Hibs will be following this up. 

If hibs get a covid case in the next week or so....... 

😂😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

It's like they are playing the opposite game. 

Whatever seems Common sense, do the opposite. 

Maybe been watching Westminster! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Suffered worse than any other club during the pandemic. The party line that even Lennon was using when collecting the league title awarded to them. Their own supporters aren't even buying it anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Tbh i think he has made himself and there horrible club more arrogant with that interview 

I’m not quite sure what he was apologising for or what he thought was a mistake, given that he justified and defended the trip throughout the rest of the interview.

23 minutes ago, Chaps said:

"The pandemic has affected our football, it's affected our club, probably our club more than any".

:Aye:

I hope the the entitled unwashed hound him out of his multi million pound job when 9.75 in a row becomes mathematically impossible.

Edited by fancy a brew

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not quite sure what he was apologising for or what he thought was a mistake, given that he justified and defended the trip throughout the rest of the interview.

And ended by referring to them as a magnificent club. 

Lawell calls them a magnificent football club. maybe to their shithouse support but to the nation the are an embarrassment and laughing stock

23 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Can someone post a transcript please.

Cos all I heard was Blah blah blah "a big boy done it and ran away" blah blah.

Many thanks.

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Can someone post a transcript please.

Cos all I heard was Blah blah blah "a big boy done it and ran away" blah blah.

Many thanks.

It's a video 

30 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Like Lawell himself, totally hollow, not worth the paper he printed it on.

If they have followed all the guidelines and protocols as they have always maintained, then how has COVID 19 affected Celtic more than any club?

The man is a bullshitter extraoardinaire.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a video 

Never heard of a written transcript?

Never mind you obviously missed the sarcasm so no worries.

Can we all just take a minute to recognise how difficult this pandemic has been for Celtic. No other club has suffered more. The suffering Celtic face is inhumane. 

SectionDJambo

The only way that Celtic have been affected by the pandemic is that they were given a league title, before they earned it, so that they could plan for their annual embarrassment in Europe.

They have certainly not been adversely affected in any way that is worse than any club in Scotland, certainly not the 3 clubs who were demoted as collateral damage, or the other clubs whose promotion ambitions were scuppered by the early finish of playing the league matches.

Yet again, they are trying, laughably, to make themselves out to be the victims, when they were actually the club who benefited most from the shenanigans of the summer.

And yet again, the cowardly and crawling Scottish sports media will probably back them up, so as to keep their cosy relationships with Peter, Lenny and Broonie. It’s pathetic.

It might be nit picking by me.

But I think the families and friends of those killed by Covid, many not able to be with them before they died, have been more badly affected than Celtic football club. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

"It was a big boy made me do it and ran away HONEST"

We have been effected more than a(ny) club.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given Celtic are the club most heavily impacted by Covid, is there anything we could/should do to help them out? :berra:

No. They wouldnt help anyone unless it benefitted them overall.

Given Celtic are the club most heavily impacted by Covid, is there anything we could/should do to help them out? :berra:

Think there is no alternative but to null and void the league. 🤮

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It might be nit picking by me.

But I think the families and friends of those killed by Covid, many not able to be with them before they died, have been more badly affected than Celtic football club. 

I read their statement while thinking of David Brent. 

Unbelievable.

Crass. 

Wrong - but still the victim. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Puts it all into perspective etc...

Black armbands, 2 mins silence at all games.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No. They wouldnt help anyone unless it benefitted them overall.

I wasn’t being entirely serious. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bunch of flowers? In our thoughts from JKB. 

I wasn’t being entirely serious. 

I know, unfortunately at this moment in time, I cant be anything but serious with regard to Celtic Football Club.

Just now, John Findlay said:

I know, unfortunately at this moment in time, I cant be anything but serious with regard to Celtic Football Club.

👍

That was some statement he’s made. He says sorry at the start then goes on to explain why he isn’t really sorry. Then comes out with the ludicrous bit about Celtic being more affected by the pandemic than any other club. 

Frighteningly stupid man man that has lost the plot.