• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

16 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

3-2 da jambos maybe 4 if boyce is fit ;)

Is hamilton still their No1 ? 

Yeah and he seems to have been playing alright recently.

Always hated Dundee as a club after the '86 season, but with this no vote, yes vote fiasco to end the season early, I hope we give them what they deserve, a severe pumping.

0-5 Hearts Wighton, Naismith amongst the goals.

HHGH 

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

No. 17 goals since 2016. Long spells out injured.

Remember him for the good times.

We’ll need better next season 

Maybe just wishing his injuries are behind him because a fit and in form Sow would be an improvement up top in my opinion 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Winnings a great habit to have, whether  it wasn't great all the time in the last few matches,   I'd rather have points in the bag and conceded  a few goals ,  than played shit and dropped points,   more goals to come, wrl get there , probably be a couple of results wel all moan about " but we're a work in progress   people will come and a lot will go, it's barely half way yet ,   let's all look forward,   with reasonable hopes for the near future ...

Winning provides a platform for improved performances. No idea why some folk can't see that.

3 points - 1-0 ugly win. 
3 points    5-0 slick footballing lesson.  

Any will do 

Just beat this corrupt shameful excuse of a club 

Competing against other teams is usually about what happens on the day. This one is about the disrespect from a so called club that caved to pressure from the SPFL. This one is about attacking the integrity of a club established in 1874. This one is about the players on Saturday who sport the badge of Hearts. This one is about attitude as much as having a better team. Sometimes just winning isn’t enough, this is one of these times. Nothing against their players, but we need to crush them. No letting up, no resting, no quarter. Nobody else is going to send the message. We are Hearts.

4 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Maybe just wishing his injuries are behind him because a fit and in form Sow would be an improvement up top in my opinion 

We certainly need someone. Not convinced it’s him. FIT is the clincher. He’s spent a lot of time injured and our days as a convalescent home have to end.

We’re already talking about signing Gino when seeing him actually kick a ball is a novelty 

43 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

How did their glamour friendly go against Celtic or did they just take their pieces of silver??

they are still too sore from taking Celtics length.  
pretty sure they got a few loan player(s) and no doubt when their skanky fans are allowed back there will be some shameful love in arranged.

shameful clubs for all sorts of reasons

Assuming Boyce and Ginelly don’t make it, I reckon RN will start with this

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Walker

Naismith

White

Wighton

not convinced by Wighton on his own up front or Walker wide but I reckon he’ll go with that. 

Think Dundee will open up more than Arbroath did the other night and if our passing play is to the levels of the first half of Tuesday night, chances will be aplenty...and then there’s getting past Jack Hamilton which is the easiest part of all. 5-1 

Do you think we'll ever see Naismith up top? With the central midfield we have, in this division, he shouldn't be needing to drop back.

His intelligence and movement is needed to unlock these diddy defences. Pie in the sky if we were to try something different...

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Ginnelly

Irving

Walker

Naismith

Said for long enough Naismith should be playing in the box and not dropping back too often to get involved. That's up to his team-mates. We've more chance of goals if he's hanging about there rather than dropping deep and hoping those behind him advance more. That's been a bit of a problem from games so far and after getting a hat-trick the other night,  his confidence should be high right now.

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No, but do you think Rangers and Celtic would go to Dundee with that sort of mindset? 

'oh it would be great to win, but losing points is ok, as long as we beat arbroath'

It's Dens Park so I'm old enough to be satisifed with a win at this venue, even if the ball goes in off Halkett's arse. 

Fair to say that if Dundee open up like in the last match, we could make them pay but equally we are a bit leaky at the back of late.

Hampden Demolition

Gordon

Smith   Halkett  Berra   Kingsley

Lee  Haring  Irving

Wighton                     Moore

Naismith

1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Gordon

Smith   Halkett  Berra   Kingsley

Lee  Haring  Irving

Wighton                     Moore

Naismith

Well we all know Moore will not be playing for a start....just read the story today

Hampden Demolition
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well we all know Moore will not be playing for a start....just read the story today

yes I know but that’s the team I would play.

This being in The Championship malarky isn't so bad. 

On TV every other week and usually win.

Something to celebrate at the end of the season with promotion and go into next season on a high. 

I digress. 

Dundee 2 - 5 Hearts. 

21 hours ago, jambonian said:

This one is hard to predict. My logic is that some of the goals we've lost recently are easily avoidable, and that's at Tynecastle. Dundee will be a harder team to close down than some of the others and it's their home game. Sow has hit a bit of form and Adam is always a danger. If we could scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 i'll be very happy with that. Heart says Hearts win, head says Dundee win. A lot will depend on who's available and there's a lack of central defenders at the club. Wighton being a Dundee fan could be an issue so hopefully Boyce will be fit. Bit more concerned about this game that i was the Dunfermline game. A point wouldn't be a terrible outcome and it keeps them the same distance away from us. Could do with Dunfermline dropping more points, and Raith. We have the back-up of a game in hand if it all goes tits up. 

Over 40 years of watching Hearts with a handful or two wins at Dens Park in that period no matter who the gaffer and players are, overall always a struggle for us up there, never liked the place, draw at the very most. 

Dundee have had a few results going there way and may fancy there chances  but they are still crap imo, we have a better squad of players even if we have a couples of players out injured, confident we will come away with 3 pts 

Edited by One five

Hopefully it suits us with Dundee not sitting in and defending their box. As others have said, their results have picked up so they will have a bit of confidence about them which will hopefully suit us. 

From Tuesday night, I think walker needs the free role with Naismith up top. Wighton out wide to give us a bit of pace, I don’t think this is his best position but as usual, without Ginnelly we lack pace. 

3-1 hearts 

highlandjambo3
34 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

This being in The Championship malarky isn't so bad. 

On TV every other week and usually win.

Something to celebrate at the end of the season with promotion and go into next season on a high. 

I digress. 

Dundee 2 - 5 Hearts. 

This one on tv?

With Boyce out it is a concern that Wighton will be isolated up front.

Can’t see Robbie playing Naisy upfront with him as he usually plays it tight away.

My concern is the number of potential injuries for this game.

Ginelly

Kingsley

Boyce

Berra

Don't see this being a comfortable game at all.  Our away performances haven't looked too great so far.  I just hope Dundee being at home play an open game but that might not happen after what happened to them at Tynie.

We aren't good against teams sitting in.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Walker

Naismith

White

Wighton

not convinced by Wighton on his own up front or Walker wide but I reckon he’ll go with that. 

That's my prediction too.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Walker

Naismith

White

Wighton

Me too. I’d like to see Robbie being a bit braver away from home and play Wighton and Naisy up front from the start.

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Me too. I’d like to see Robbie being a bit braver away from home and play Wighton and Naisy up front from the start.

I definitely think 2 up front is something we need to look at more often. 

avhudtheteeshirt

We have to be positive and go with strong attacking team!

Go at them from the whistle, and don't stop!

Would take a 1-3 win right now!!!!

10 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

We have to be positive and go with strong attacking team!

Go at them from the whistle, and don't stop!

Would take a 1-3 win right now!!!!

I’ll take a 0-1 win right now!!

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Walker

Naismith

White

Wighton

My thoughts are your thoughts. 

I'd put Naismith up top, walker behind and Wighton more out wide with that team, but as you say Robbie won't. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Gone said:

Keep someone tight to Adam and we will win

Just hit things at the goal, doesn't even need to be on target. 

Hamilton is in goals and thier defence is Mcghee and some other joker. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Just hit things at the goal, doesn't even need to be on target. 

Hamilton is in goals and thier defence is Mcghee and some other joker. 

Fontaine will have improved them in defense. Hope Forster somehow plays he is utter mince

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

My thoughts are your thoughts. 

I'd put Naismith up top, walker behind and Wighton more out wide with that team, but as you say Robbie won't. 

I wonder if Naisy playing farther back all the time is his idea and not from managers. It seems obvious to play him up front yet he’s mostly been played deeper by 3? different managers.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gone said:

Fontaine will have improved them in defense. Hope Forster somehow plays he is utter mince

Berra improved their defence overnight. 

Fontaine is a poor man's Berra. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if Naisy playing farther back all the time is his idea and not from managers. It seems obvious to play him up front yet he’s mostly been played deeper by 3? different managers.  

Less running in the number 10 role which seems to have benefitted him in terms of injuries so far.

4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Less running in the number 10 role which seems to have benefitted him in terms of injuries so far.

Good point. 

portobellojambo1

The emphasis has to be on attacking rather than trying to play for a result by sitting in. I still remember when we went up there for our first away game last time we were in the Championship. We went for the latter approach then and by all accounts it was players who convinced the manager to change the style to attacking in the 2nd half and it worked a treat.

Think we wll win this either 2-1 or 2-0. We then have Dunfermline at Tynecastle on 12 January, and if we can win both of those games that should be just about enough of a springboard to get us straight back up again.