*** the official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee (the Judas *****) ***

Psychedelicropcircle

• davemclaren changed the title to *** the official Heart of Midlothian v the Judas ******
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• davemclaren changed the title to *** the official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee (the Judas *****) ***

Osman Sow celebrating his own goals with the Hearts team

Wighton hat trick, kissing the badge each time he scores

McCulloch setting about McPake

Anything else is a bonus really, get them pumped

Gorgie Boot boy
46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tough game but hopefully a win. Could have a few players missing though. 

Aye from here.

1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

Osman Sow celebrating his own goals with the Hearts team

Wighton hat trick, kissing the badge each time he scores

McCulloch setting about McPake

Anything else is a bonus really, get them pumped

I would like to see some over the top touch line violence from McCulloch at some point. 

Going for a hard fought 2-1 win for us. Dundee showing a bit of form just now and I reckon we will have to work hard for the win. Still think we’ll come through by the odd goal.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Tough game but hopefully a win. Could have a few players missing though. 

Hmm that's the worry. 

Might struggle if Berra, Kingsley, Boyce and Ginnelly are all unavailable. 

Get the feeling that Kingsley was just rested last night with a niggly groin injury which he has had for a while. 

Think Berra will be OK as long as there was no concussion. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hmm that's the worry. 

Get the feeling that Kingsley was just rested last night with a niggly groin injury which he has had for a while. 

Robbie mentioned post match that Berra had already passes all the concussion tests so would be fine. It was a helluva smack to the face mind.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Robbie mentioned post match that Berra had already passes all the concussion tests so would be fine. It was a helluva smack to the face mind.

I think it was more to the face than to his ‘head’, if you get my drift. His cheek looked swollen. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would like to see some over the top touch line violence from McCulloch at some point. 

That's why winning this league ASAP is so important.

8 game suspensions won't matter once the league is won.

ARE YOU READING THIS LOIC!!!!

10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hmm that's the worry. 

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Halliday

Haring

Lee

Walker

Naismith

Roberts/White?

Wighton

about the best I can come up with if they’re all out but hopefully a couple of them make it. 

This one is hard to predict. My logic is that some of the goals we've lost recently are easily avoidable, and that's at Tynecastle. Dundee will be a harder team to close down than some of the others and it's their home game. Sow has hit a bit of form and Adam is always a danger. If we could scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 i'll be very happy with that. Heart says Hearts win, head says Dundee win. A lot will depend on who's available and there's a lack of central defenders at the club. Wighton being a Dundee fan could be an issue so hopefully Boyce will be fit. Bit more concerned about this game that i was the Dunfermline game. A point wouldn't be a terrible outcome and it keeps them the same distance away from us. Could do with Dunfermline dropping more points, and Raith. We have the back-up of a game in hand if it all goes tits up. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Halliday

Haring

Lee

Walker

Naismith

Roberts/White?

Wighton

about the best I can come up with if they’re all out but hopefully a couple of them make it. 

Thats guid the noo.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

This one is hard to predict. My logic is that some of the goals we've lost recently are easily avoidable, and that's at Tynecastle. Dundee will be a harder team to close down than some of the others and it's their home game. Sow has hit a bit of form and Adam is always a danger. If we could scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 i'll be very happy with that. Heart says Hearts win, head says Dundee win. A lot will depend on who's available and there's a lack of central defenders at the club. Wighton being a Dundee fan could be an issue so hopefully Boyce will be fit. Bit more concerned about this game that i was the Dunfermline game. A point wouldn't be a terrible outcome and it keeps them the same distance away from us. Could do with Dunfermline dropping more points, and Raith. We have the back-up of a game in hand if it all goes tits up. 

Not trying to be picky but why would Wighton being a Dundee fan be a thing?

Naismith     Wighton    

Halliday          Walker            Lee

Haring

Kingsley          Berra           Halkett          Smith

Gordon

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

That's good to know as he seemed to be coming back on till someone (club doctor?) stopped him. It looked a shock to the physio/Robbie and Popescu had to hurriedly start warming up. Frear was warmed up so came on to bring us up to 11 as Haring slotted in at the back easily enough.

Berra was moving his legs so never looked "out for the count" at anytime.

Ford Prentice
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Naismith     Wighton    

Halliday          Walker            Lee

Haring

Kingsley          Berra           Halkett          Smith

Gordon

Have I missed something? Is Irving injured?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not trying to be picky but why would Wighton being a Dundee fan be a thing?

Incase he misses a sitter and the boo-boys get on his back because he's a Dundee fan. That's how some folk think unfortunately. I personally think that if he gets a chance he'll do what he has to do and score if he can.

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Halliday

Haring

Lee

Walker

Naismith

Roberts/White?

Wighton

Sounds like Berra is ok at least.

Hopefully at least one other.

27 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Don't think Wighton will play any differently even if he supports Dundee to be honest. 

Will have to keep an eye on Sow.

Sounds like he is getting his fitness back and on his day could cause us a lot of trouble.

Good thing is they probably won't sit in and defend for their lives.

If Sow comes through the season and stays fit is he worth a contract next season when we go up?

Niemi’s gloves

As long as  Wighton remembers which team he’s playing for he’ll be fine. Last  night at our second goal he looked a bit confused with his arm up in the air along with the Arbroath players, apparently appealing for offside.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Bazzas right boot

I think this might be 1-1 or 2-2.

I had us to get beat maybe 3 or 4 times over the season and this is one that could easily come under that. 

I think Dundee will end up second and us getting beat won't effect us winning the league but I'd like us to win the next 2, the game in hand and have us promoted in all but name by January. 

2-2

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

As long as  Wighton remembers which team he’s playing for he’ll be fine. Last  night at our second goal he looked a bit confused with his arm up in the air along with the Arbroath players, apparently appealing for offside.

Lol, I noticed that. 

I then thought maybe it was a celebration, but it 100% looked like he was claiming for offside. 😂😂

36 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Incase he misses a sitter and the boo-boys get on his back because he's a Dundee fan. That's how some folk think unfortunately. I personally think that if he gets a chance he'll do what he has to do and score if he can.

Got you now. 👍

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You're over thinking things Tbh. 

Wighton being a Dundee fan is irrelevant. 

And Even if Dundee beat us, we'd win maybe 7 out of the next 8 games and be 15 points plus clear of second place with half the season gone 

Not one team will come close to our consistencey and you'll be lucky if another team wins more than 15/16 games all season. 

We'll win at least 20 games , probably a bit more. 

Whoops just posted about this game on the Arbroath thread🤪

destroy them, kill their aspirations. Sow is an irrelevance. Naismith getting a hat trick the other night will give them the fear - if we score early we’ll have them I think. Remember their part in the demotion fiasco. 

Robbie and his team know what’s required. 

LarrysRightFoot

Huge game this. Cannot show any weakness or give any other teams a glimmer of hope re promotion. A win here more than any other would lay down a marker. 

Time to sort out our notoriously ropey away form. 

Brighton Jambo

I know there a lot of fans who demand a great performance and thumping win every week but this really isn’t one of those games.  Any win will do me away at Dens after three games in a week and a few out injured.  

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hmm that's the worry. 

He passed his HIA last night.

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I know there a lot of fans who demand a great performance and thumping win every week but this really isn’t one of those games.  Any win will do me away at Dens after three games in a week and a few out injured.  

Totally mate 👍

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah you’re absolutely right. I’d love to smash them, but realistically, a win of any kind will do the job 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

6 in the first half this time please, 8 in the second.

14-3 would still be unacceptable for some. 😜

A_A wehatethehibs

Dundee United dropped points in 10 whole games last season yet were still 14 points clear after 27 games. Before the season I thought Hearts would end up at least 2 or 3 wins better off than Dundee United after 27 games which would put us finishing around 20 points clear. But that still leaves room for 5 or 6 games where we drop points and Dens isn’t an easy place to play football as it’s a depressing shite hole. But given they’ve got Jordan McGhee and Jack Hamilton at the back, Hearts are surely a stick on to score at least 2-3 goals. It’ll just be a case of making sure we stay focused and keep the door shut at the back.

2-1 to Hearts.