• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

They do have heating according to their website, but if it's not working or not switched on they should forfeit the points and not be considered for live tv games.

More TV games the better as it denies them PFV money.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

They do have heating according to their website, but if it's not working or not switched on they should forfeit the points and not be considered for live tv games.

This!

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Another positive Covid test. Wonder who’ll be missing today 

One of our top players I’ll bet! 😏

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

What has 86 got to do with it? We shat the bed that day, nothing else.

Nothing else? We had 5 first team players all suffering from the effects of flu!

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You are more than welcome to you opinion, because all you are doing is expressing your thoughts, without providing any evidence to support those thoughts. It is classed as two people having a difference of opinion/thought. The problem I had was at the time there were no facts on which to base personal thoughts therefore the only option is/was to base thinking on one's own thoughts. No different to the basis of your response, and without being aware of the facts I'm not in a position to say you are talking rubbish. This board could become a bit boring if people simply expressing their own thoughts is to become unacceptable unless those thoughts mirror the thoughts of the person reading the post.

To be fair your previous post seemed to be based on a dislike of CL [Neilson actually being manager] . Opinions formed based on facts have an awful lot more relevance than those based on bias

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

This , it would teach  these tin pan clubs to compete in modern game.

23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nothing else? We had 5 first team players all suffering from the effects of flu!

That's nothing to do with dundee tho is it?

1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

That's nothing to do with dundee tho is it?

Kicks into touch your “shat it” comment.

WheatfieldWarrior
15 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Surely they have under soil heating at Dens.

🤣 Surprised if that dump has 2 sets of goalposts.

portobellojambo1
26 minutes ago, john thomas said:

To be fair your previous post seemed to be based on a dislike of CL [Neilson actually being manager] . Opinions formed based on facts have an awful lot more relevance than those based on bias

If you say so. My comment was I thought Robbie Neilson was maybe turning to Levein for guidance. If that translates as a dislike of CL then I can only accept your translation of the comment. Can't really expand on it, I do accept that maybe it was due to him (Neilson) being relatively new in the position that he thought he needed help, it had nothing to do with either a bias against Levein or it reflecting on Robbie Neilson. It was a short comment on things, nothing more than that.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Was thinking about taking the young lads round to watch the players come off the bus (from a safe distance of course :lol:

Hope we stuff them for 6 again.

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If you say so. My comment was I thought Robbie Neilson was maybe turning to Levein for guidance. If that translates as a dislike of CL then I can only accept your translation of the comment. Can't really expand on it, I do accept that maybe it was due to him (Neilson) being relatively new in the position that he thought he needed help, it had nothing to do with either a bias against Levein or it reflecting on Robbie Neilson. It was a short comment on things, nothing more than that.

Not looking for an argument . Don't think you are either but it was a detailed comment on a chain of events which sounded like it was based on a bias against CL[which is , obviously allowed] , not on any actual facts

Guest ToqueJambo
On 31/12/2020 at 22:51, Thomaso said:

Is the 2-1 win at Dens the game where Robbie played Ozturk in midfield in the first half to mark what he saw as one of their danger men?

The result was a shambles in the first half that thankfully was changed to a more conventional attacking line up in the second.

Whatever he did and whenever he did it during the game it worked. It was his first season managing in the top flight and we started wth 5 wins on the trot including that potential banana skin.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Whatever he did and whenever he did it during the game it worked. It was his first season managing in the top flight and we started wth 5 wins on the trot including that potential banana skin.

His tactic of playing Ozturk in midfield and setting us up defensively in that game patently did not work!

We were 1-0 down going on 3 down!

Thankfully Dundee were not out of sight, and in the second half he changed to a more conventional attacking formation and we managed to pull the game out of the fire!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

His tactic of playing Ozturk in midfield and setting us up defensively in that game patently did not work!

We were 1-0 down going on 3 down!

Thankfully Dundee were not out of sight, and in the second half he changed to a more conventional attacking formation and we managed to pull the game out of the fire!

He changed it, and his changes worked. That's how games are often won.

He changed it, and his changes worked. That's how games are often won.

He did - seemingly under pressure from some players at half-time!

The point being made is he was more focused on stopping a Dundee player and played one of our players totally out of position which created a shambles!

Hopefully tonight he treats Dundee with the contempt they deserve and we go at them from the start.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

What has 86 got to do with it? We shat the bed that day, nothing else.

Disgusting comment about that team's achievements that season. There was a lot more to it than that.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He did - seemingly under pressure from some players at half-time!

The point being made is he was more focused on stopping a Dundee player and played one of our players totally out of position which created a shambles!

Hopefully tonight he treats Dundee with the contempt they deserve and we go at them from the start.

The point is games last 90 mins and good managers change things when they're not working.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The point is games last 90 mins and good managers change things when they're not working.

The point is Robbie’s baffling set up at the start would have seen Dundee out of sight in the first half if they had taken their chances!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The point is Robbie’s baffling set up at the start would have seen Dundee out of sight in the first half if they had taken their chances!

They didn't so all good 👍 Point is a game against Dundee over five years ago is of no relevance to today's game.

Edited by ToqueJambo

22 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The two that have tested positive have both got it in England by the looks of it. Keep them away from it!

Thought we weren’t supposed to cross the border 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The two that have tested positive have both got it in England by the looks of it. Keep them away from it!

Or they could have got it from an Ayr or Arbroath player as they're not testing.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They didn't so all good 👍 Point is a game against Dundee over five years ago is of no relevance to today's game.

Let’s hope not.

Or they could have got it from an Ayr or Arbroath player as they're not testing.

Or at Sainsbury’s 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Or at Sainsbury’s 

Easier to distance and mask up at Sainsburys. I"m surprised more hasn't;t been made of us testing while all the other teams aren't. We only know of our cases because we're testing. If we weren't our players with no symptoms might have played against Dundee. The law of averages suggests at least some of our opponents have played players with it but not showing symptoms.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Easier to distance and mask up at Sainsburys. I"m surprised more hasn't;t been made of us testing while all the other teams aren't. We only know of our cases because we're testing. If we weren't our players with no symptoms might have played against Dundee. The law of averages suggests at least some of our opponents have played players with it but not showing symptoms.

Yeah definitely a possibility and wasn’t being entirely serious but hard to say where they got it. Just hope nobody else in the squad does. 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And an alleged Hearts supporting ref who denied us a stone wall penalty.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we'd all be fine with a 2-1 away win today!

Yes me too - not the point though, but bash on.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don’t!!! 🙈

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes me too - not the point though, but bash on.

What other Dundee-Hearts games form the past can we dredge up to try to make some weird point about Neilson's management 😄 Neilson as Hearts manager has played Dundee 5 times I make it and has won 4 and drawn one. Both away games he's won. Similar record vs them as D Utd manager.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Stop it I’m having a good day atm 🤦‍♂️

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Nothing alleged about it I’m afraid.  He worked for Ferranti, said he thought he’d be accused of bias but regretted it immediately 

Edited by kingantti1874