Tennant's  6's
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Lee   Irving   Halliday 

Naismith 

Boyce  Wighton 

2-0 Hearts

That's the line up that I'd go for, given the impact that Wighton & Naismith made at the weekend, and given the fact that the 'wingers' are pish. 

Plenty of scope for Irving to spray passes about the park. At least 3 players in the final 3rd as much as possible. Kingsley & Smith can provide the width. 

Hoping for a good few goals again. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Gorgie Boot boy

• sadj

• GinRummy

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should be able to rest a few and be able to beat Arbroath. 

Been a lot of games and guys like Smith, Kingsley have played a lot. 

Don't want players to burn out physically or mentally. 

I'd go

Brandon 

Popescu / Kingsley if need be 

Berra 

Halkett 

Lee

Haring 

Irving 

Wighton 

Naismith 

Ginnelly / White 

I'd definitely rest Smith, probably Boyce as he is playing with injections. 

We play on Sunday v Dundee away. 

3 points is 3 points 

Gordon

Lee Irving Halliday Naismith

Wighton Boyce 

If Kingsley is out then Halliday to left back and Haring to come in to the middle. 3-0 Hearts.

Gordon

Haring

Lee Naismith Ginnelly 

Boyce Wighton

Subs: Stewart, Popescu, Irving, Halliday, Walker, Moore, Henderson

Would like to give Haring another run out from the start to get more minutes in his legs. Replace him with Irving for the last 30 minutes and give some minutes to the younger lads once the game is (hopefully) won.

Hearts 4 - 0 Arbroath

Boyce, Wighton, Halkett and Naismith with the goals.

Depends on who is fit and who is not. I assume we still don't know who has Covid, except it's likely to be Gino or White?

I'd consider

--Gordon--

Halkett Haring Berra

Walker Lee Irving Halliday

Naismith Boyce Wighton

Hoping for a good win here but more importantly we need to sort our defensive issues out and stop conceding sh!te goals! Hopefully get a clean sheet, Going for 3-0 hearts. Would take any win though :)

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Look at the goals for and goals against columns for Arbroath

They don't score many but equally don't lose many and have one of the best defensive records in the championship

Lost only late on to Dunfermline yesterday so not quite the straight forward match many might think

Of course we are at home, have the firepower etc etc but we have lost 6 goals in the last 2 matches

One or two changes for sure and we hope Covid does not spread to increase those changes

Popescu, Haring and Walker to play from the start perhaps

A home win 2-0

Ayr had the best defensive record before Saturday. We’ve averaged over 4 per game at home. If we start and continue as we did after going 2-1 down to Ayr, we’ll smash them. 

15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Ayr had the best defensive record before Saturday. We’ve averaged over 4 per game at home. If we start and continue as we did after going 2-1 down to Ayr, we’ll smash them. 

Interesting point. The Championship table makes interesting reading from the goals for/against point of view, Arbroath have a good defensive  record but they have scored 4 goals in 9 games, half as many as the next lowest Morton. That seems to suggest that if we can score 2 against them we'll win.

I can't see this one going to a five or six goal hammering. Be great to be proved wrong though. It seems to be a game where they will stay very tight at the back and try to score from a free kick or corner or the like. A satisfying 3-0 would be sufficient. Haring's been used sparingly recently so could be a good one for him to play the full 90 minutes and spray passes around. Ginelly could be an important one for this game and getting crosses in. Wighton also. Worth giving Halliday a half to continue his fitness levels and giving Irving the other half. I'd probably go Wighton and Boyce upfront and bring Naismith on later in the game for either of them. Whatever way they decide to choose, 3-0 for me is a decent result, and no stupid defending like Ayr.

18 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Destroy them for 2 reasons 

Firstly simply to get 3 points 

Secondly to shut up that slavering prick of a manager they have . I can’t stand the man , he tries so hard to come across as a fount of football knowledge , a sage on life and even a comedian , he’s none of them , just a slavering old prick 

6-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Maybe so but does well at this level

Think fitness will be an issue for a few players. Big game Saturday so could be worth resting a few?

Wouldn’t mind seeing a back 3. Halkett Haring Berra or Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Frear LWB maybe? 

Wighton and Boyce up top. Irving Naismith Lee in midfield 

Would be fine with resting Boyce and playing Henderson

Arbroath are going to park the bus so as long as we concentrate (famous last words) should be all out attack

Edited by R1874

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

We'll smoke these fools.

we can’t smoke them unless it’s within a 5 mile radius of the town. 
Batter them would probably suffice on this occasion. 

Dunfermline only had 6 shots against them which shows how tight Arbroath managed to keep it.

As with many of these games in the Championship getting an early goal could transform the game.

Odds on 5,6, or 7 nil 

Scoring goals for fun at home. 

Can’t see Arbroath causing us any issues.  
last game if 2020, go out in style. 

Franksluckypants

Avoiding the mindset of us just needing to turn up, and playing too many non first team players! First half v Ayr should be the warning.

We've had plenty of possession in our league games thus far. Shots on target to go along with that and I'd take the result!

Early goal and the 8 nil I've been asking for will happen. I said 8 nil for the Ayr game and was still confident enough to say 5 when we were only 1 nil at half time; didn't factor in losing 3 goals though! Would like to see high tempo from the off, not just when we are chasing the game. 4 or 5 nil up at half time will do then hit another 3 in the final 15 minutes. We can but hope. #HHGH

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Early goal and the 8 nil I've been asking for will happen. I said 8 nil for the Ayr game and was still confident enough to say 5 when we were only 1 nil at half time; didn't factor in losing 3 goals though! Would like to see high tempo from the off, not just when we are chasing the game. 4 or 5 nil up at half time will do then hit another 3 in the final 15 minutes. We can but hope. #HHGH

I am in the same boat as you. smashing Ayr 8-0 was my scoreline.

Posted 5-0 for this one.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

we can’t smoke them unless it’s within a 5 mile radius of the town. 
Batter them would probably suffice on this occasion. 

I’m a veggie can we just plant/bury them in the ground 🤔😜?

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m a veggie can we just plant/bury them in the ground 🤔😜?

Smash is the buzz word, for a veggie.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Every day is a school day 👍🏽

My life recently feels like school days

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should be able to rest a few and be able to beat Arbroath. 

Been a lot of games and guys like Smith, Kingsley have played a lot. 

Don't want players to burn out physically or mentally. 

I'd go

Brandon 

Popescu / Kingsley if need be 

Berra 

Halkett 

Lee

Haring 

Irving 

Wighton 

Naismith 

Ginnelly / White 

I'd definitely rest Smith, probably Boyce as he is playing with injections. 

We play on Sunday v Dundee away. 

We thought that against Ayr and found ourselves lacking urgency. 

Arbroath won’t be resting many and neither should we in my opinion. Win the game in the first 45 and then think about giving people a rest. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

My life recently feels like school days

Yeah we were playing in this ****ing league against “tough defensive teams” like Arbroath during my primary and secondary school days too 🙈

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:wtfvlad:

As important to get 3 points tomorrow as it is on Saturday   so if it means not resting players to get them, so be it.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah we were playing in this ****ing league against “tough defensive teams” like Arbroath during my primary and secondary school days too 🙈

Scraped through the last time. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

As important to get 3 points tomorrow as it is on Saturday   so if it means not resting players to get them, so be it.

Ok, but my point is we should be able to rest a few and still get 3 points. 

I never suggested we should sacrifice 3 points on Tuesday to win on Sunday 

We should able to rest a few v Arbroath at home in order have players fresh for Sunday v Dundee away. 

IMO, we are more than capable of resting smith, Kingsley and Boyce on Tuesday and still win the game. 

Smith definitely needs a rest. 

Boyce is getting injections. 

Depends Ofc if white!/ Popescu, Brandon and Ginnelly are available tho. 

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The difference this time is.

Hearts have a fantastic set up, fans who back them to the hilt and more.We are at the beginnings of a new era, miss any of it and you will kick yourself.

I left primary school in 1976.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Home v away, very different. 

Our results already show that away games will be tighter. If you haven't realised that now even this early, you never will. 

We also have a squad for a reason, we will rotate and rest players for various reasons. 

Unsure who Robbie will rest, but imo Smith, Boyce and Kingsley in that priorty are the ones I'd rest. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Got promoted as runners up in 1983 iirc. 

Second attempt as well. 

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Dunfermline only had 6 shots against them which shows how tight Arbroath managed to keep it.

As with many of these games in the Championship getting an early goal could transform the game.

Took an injury time goal for Dunfermline to beat them plus Dundee only beat them at home 1-0 the other week. 

portobellojambo1

While winning by a few goals is always nice I would quite happily just settle for a win of any sort, to secure another 3 points.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Yes with about 80% possession, with a new team, Boyce unfit, Ginnelly injured etc. Neilson talking them up, big scary Arbroath on a perfect pitch with no wind. 
If we don’t give them a doing tomorrow it  should only be because we miss loads of chances. It’s ****ing Arbroath at Tynecastle ffs 🙈

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ok, but my point is we should be able to rest a few and still get 3 points. 

I never suggested we should sacrifice 3 points on Tuesday to win on Sunday 

We should able to rest a few v Arbroath at home in order have players fresh for Sunday v Dundee away. 

IMO, we are more than capable of resting smith, Kingsley and Boyce on Tuesday and still win the game. 

Smith definitely needs a rest. 

Boyce is getting injections. 

Depends Ofc if white!/ Popescu, Brandon and Ginnelly are available tho. 

Our squad isn’t good enough to be resting players I don’t think. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not going to have a dig at Dunfermline,they got it right against us in the first game, caught us with our pants down.

Our players have had some big games since then and bonded.We will be an improved fitter side in the next meeting.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The difference this time is.

Hearts have a fantastic set up, fans who back them to the hilt and more.We are at the beginnings of a new era, miss any of it and you will kick yourself.

I left primary school in 1976.

**** you’re old, 6 years on me 😜. As you say we are in a far better place now and I expect a 4 goal victory tomorrow. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** you’re old, 6 years on me 😜. As you say we are in a far better place now and I expect a 4 goal victory tomorrow. 

I am still trying to remember what year i left primary, i first thought 1975 then changed it to 76.Still not convinced,

My Mother isn't talking to anyone, she in a mood still.

5-0 or GTF

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Our squad isn’t good enough to be resting players I don’t think. 

Also, the squad is strong not strong enough to deal with injuries to key players which is likely why Naismith was rested after playing 120 minutes the previous game.

Looking likely Kingsley should be ok for tomorrow but if he's borderline it wouldn't be because we are taking it easy if he's rested.