• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Gorgie Boot boy

• sadj

• GinRummy

Gorgie Boot boy

Hope injuries aren't playing too big a part and the covid man is one the mend.

Regardless of line up I think our lads will have their tails up and bang in at least another 4.

21 minutes ago, One five said:

The most important thing is that we just keep winning regardless of the score we need to win this p**h league asap.

Yip, we won’t go wrong with doing that. 

34 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Hopefully Wighton and Boyce start up top together.

Sounds like a plan 👍

Edited by Thomaso

Gordon

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Lee   Irving   Halliday 

Naismith 

Boyce  Wighton 

2-0 Hearts

Destroy them for 2 reasons 

Firstly simply to get 3 points 

Secondly to shut up that slavering prick of a manager they have . I can’t stand the man , he tries so hard to come across as a fount of football knowledge , a sage on life and even a comedian , he’s none of them , just a slavering old prick 

6-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 3fingersreid

Bazzas right boot

I'd rest Smith and Boyce, Kingsley as well if white can play, I'd even put Popescu at the back. 

Need to be a a bit quicker in the final third and shoot more. 

Most keepers are poor and even  with guys like walker, Lee, Irving, Naismith we should be shooting on sight. Wighton done that well at the weekend. 

Our full backs like a dig, our forwards need to shoot more. 

More direct in the final third, whoever plays. 

I'd say 3-0, but part of me wants a 6-2 or the likes just so some can go tonto. 

Hopefully no more covid cases as well. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Robbie oot.

edit. Sorry I had that saved if we didn’t score at least 4.

:naughty:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Secondly to shut up that slavering prick of a manager they have . I can’t stand the man , he tries so hard to come across as a fount of football knowledge , a sage on life and even a comedian , he’s none of them , just a slavering old prick 

6-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

You don't like Dick Campbell then?

I think it will be tough as they sit in,  but end with a comfortable 3 0 win

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

6-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Excellent post. Dick the dick.

Looking forward to a football feast Tuesday night. West Ham away at Southampton at 6 then this. I have a feeling it'll be a Doh! Then a huge Woohoo!

Diadora Van Basten

We started with four players who should not have been in the starting eleven v Ayr. Luckily we were able to change the match thanks to the subs.

I would rather we were six points clear before we start tinkering with the team.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd rest Smith and Boyce, Kingsley as well if white can play, I'd even put Popescu at the back. 

Need to be a a bit quicker in the final third and shoot more. 

Most keepers are poor and even  with guys like walker, Lee, Irving, Naismith we should be shooting on sight. Wighton done that well at the weekend. 

Our full backs like a dig, our forwards need to shoot more. 

More direct in the final third, whoever plays. 

I'd say 3-0, but part of me wants a 6-2 or the likes just so some can go tonto. 

Hopefully no more covid cases as well. 

Must play our strongest possible team. You never know how many more games will be played. 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Must play our strongest possible team. You never know how many more games will be played. 

Celtic will be looking to void the season this time. Tough times ahead for Drunkcaster.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

We should be able to rest a few and be able to beat Arbroath. 

Been a lot of games and guys like Smith, Kingsley have played a lot. 

Don't want players to burn out physically or mentally. 

I'd go

Brandon 

Popescu / Kingsley if need be 

Berra 

Halkett 

Lee

Haring 

Irving 

Wighton 

Naismith 

Ginnelly / White 

I'd definitely rest Smith, probably Boyce as he is playing with injections. 

We play on Sunday v Dundee away. 

_____________Gordon

Smith__Halkett__Berra__Kingsley 

_____________Haring

________Lee_________Irving 

____________Naismith 

_______Wighton__Boyce

30 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

6-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Dick Campbell is old school. He spoke at our football club dinner about 20 years ago and was very entertaining. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dick Campbell is old school. He spoke at our football club dinner about 20 years ago and was very entertaining. 

He is a genuine football personality, unlike so many of the BBC pundits and 'personalities' we have to put up with week after week.

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

_____________Gordon

Smith__Halkett__Berra__Kingsley 

_____________Haring

________Lee_________Irving 

____________Naismith 

_______Wighton__Boyce

A bit narrow unless the wing backs go for it. Otherwise,I concur.

Look at the goals for and goals against columns for Arbroath

They don't score many but equally don't lose many and have one of the best defensive records in the championship

Lost only late on to Dunfermline yesterday so not quite the straight forward match many might think

Of course we are at home, have the firepower etc etc but we have lost 6 goals in the last 2 matches

One or two changes for sure and we hope Covid does not spread to increase those changes

Popescu, Haring and Walker to play from the start perhaps

A home win 2-0

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Lee   Irving   Halliday 

Naismith 

Boyce  Wighton 

2-0 Hearts

Happy with that side

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You don't like Dick Campbell then?

I think it will be tough as they sit in,  but end with a comfortable 3 0 win

Can I ask , what gave it away ? 😃

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Excellent post. Dick the dick.

Thank you 

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

not saying he’s not old school , not saying he wasn’t funny 20 years ago , just saying he’s a slavering git nowadays , his comment about Hearts suffering more from covid prior to the game up there , 🤷🏻‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We started with four players who should not have been in the starting eleven v Ayr. Luckily we were able to change the match thanks to the subs.

I would rather we were six points clear before we start tinkering with the team.

Spot on. Get the strongest team out please. I would like to see Wighton and Boyce as a front two. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thank you 

not saying he’s not old school , not saying he wasn’t funny 20 years ago , just saying he’s a slavering git nowadays , his comment about Hearts suffering more from covid prior to the game up there , 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wild guess  :lol:

Living in Aberdeen he is a regular on the local news, always but always with a smart arse remark. 

Remember when he lost his shit in a game at Ayr. Hilarious 

Apparently Arbroath were very unlucky not to beat Dunfermline yesterday. They are a better side than people think they should be.

It's not the time for experiments or assuming we just need to turn up. 

I dont want to see Roberts swanning around with no urgency or Frear being scared to get stuck in. We need to get the best players available on the park and do a professional job. 

The squad is actually not that strong when key players are missing and that's a concern. If Kingsley is out injured who can play left back? We can only move a midfield player back to cover. If Smith is out we only have Brandon who may not even be fit. 

Fortunately we have good options up front and goals coming from numerous players.

Let's just keep piling on the points as we will soon have to start trying to win on the road against our main rivals. Never as easy in crappy stadiums with plastic pitches. 

Anyway c'mon the Jambos!!

HillmanHearts

Thinking Kingsley may not be risked after his knock yesterday. Which could mean White slotting in if he's fit. Popesque had a bit of a nightmare in his cameo full back performance a few games back so cannae see that happening.

Walker could well get a start. It's the sort of run of the mill game he does OK in.

3-1 Hearts.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Looking forward to a football feast Tuesday night. West Ham away at Southampton at 6 then this. I have a feeling it'll be a Doh! Then a huge Woohoo!

Brighton v Arsenal at 6 could be mor interesting. 

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Apparently Arbroath were very unlucky not to beat Dunfermline yesterday. They are a better side than people think they should be.

It's not the time for experiments or assuming we just need to turn up. 

I dont want to see Roberts swanning around with no urgency or Frear being scared to get stuck in. We need to get the best players available on the park and do a professional job. 

The squad is actually not that strong when key players are missing and that's a concern. If Kingsley is out injured who can play left back? We can only move a midfield player back to cover. If Smith is out we only have Brandon who may not even be fit. 

Fortunately we have good options up front and goals coming from numerous players.

Let's just keep piling on the points as we will soon have to start trying to win on the road against our main rivals. Never as easy in crappy stadiums with plastic pitches. 

Anyway c'mon the Jambos!!

Perfect.

We are nowhere near the end product, we are more than able to learn from it and win the next game.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

31 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Thinking Kingsley may not be risked after his knock yesterday. Which could mean White slotting in if he's fit. Popesque had a bit of a nightmare in his cameo full back performance a few games back so cannae see that happening.

Walker could well get a start. It's the sort of run of the mill game he does OK in.

3-1 Hearts.

Bit radge but given Berra's wee cameo up the wing could he play left back. 

Or halliday is the logical choice and free up a midfield slot

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Candy said:

Even empty, Tynie seems to be a huge advantage.

We'll win easy

I’m mooning they buses out my window when they arrive in Wheatfield Street 😜

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Spot on. Get the strongest team out please. I would like to see Wighton and Boyce as a front two. 

I’d love to as well, but will he do it ? Hmmmmm

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

The squad is actually not that strong when key players are missing and that's a concern. If Kingsley is out injured who can play left back? 

White, Smith and Halliday can all slot in at left back. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d love to as well, but will he do it ? Hmmmmm

Tinkering.

This word came up in a recent post on here, i agree with it.Robbie has been eyeing everything , he still needs more.

Balance is the key to this, using the squad correctly.Not sure if he is ready to gamble and reveal his ace cards.

We have many eyes on us, at the level we are at it is important to be discreet.

Still finding out things about our players, the championship offers us opportunity.

Two up front is the way ahead, the only way .

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thank you 

an auld school slaver then😏.

Arbroath bossed us in midfield a bit for spells in that previous game on the edge of the known world.  Hopefully we'll have a better grip on them this time.  Should score 3 or 4 so we'll win.  Probably.