*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Arbroath thread ***

cookieboy

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Liverpool were rubbish the entire second half. Very much the same.

Bit like the second half and extra time in the Scottish cup final.

Celtic the considered top team, were not at the races.

No team has a god given right to win football matches that includes Heart of Midlothian.

You see, this where your argument goes wrong. I never mentioned anywhere the right to win matches.

My point is supported by Robbie Neilson, Steven Naismith and Jimmy Sandison on Hearts tv. All mentioned they were disappointed with our lack of application in the second half.

Not to mention we should have been carrying momentum into the Dundee game.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Gorgie Boot boy

• sadj

• GinRummy

51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The players are human

From time to time they will not quite click and yes sometimes that can come down to attitude but there is no player who has not had that kind of problem in their career.

You can minimise it but you will never eliminate it

Playing in front of a crowd may help lift them at points during a match but we have all been to matches where a crowd rather than lift a side has made it more difficult

So get it right the vast majority of the time and all will be well but we kid ourselves if we think there will never be an issue.

I do wonder about people who seem to think players are any different from people in other professions who have good and bad days.

So far we have got it right the majority of the time but a couple of results show you it will not always be that way

Liverpool are a fantastic side to watch but there are times where the attitude of assumption leads to a lack of drive and effort and on those days the other side can get a lift causing problems for even the best

It baffles me why people are still posting this stuff post match : Robbie Neilson has made his views crystal clear - he's not happy with the performance -  so maybe you should have a word with him because he clearly does not agree with you. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It baffles me why people are still posting this stuff post match : Robbie Neilson has made his views crystal clear - he's not happy with the performance -  so maybe you should have a word with him because he clearly does not agree with you. 

Too many romantics on here mate.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

23 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

You see, this where your argument goes wrong. I never mentioned anywhere the right to win matches.

My point is supported by Robbie Neilson, Steven Naismith and Jimmy Sandison on Hearts tv. All mentioned they were disappointed with our lack of application in the second half.

Not to mention we should have been carrying momentum into the Dundee game.

We will carry momentum into the Dundee game. We go into it on the back of a 3-3 draw in the cup final, a 5-3 victory against Ayr and a 3-1  victory against Arbroath. We have momentum.

No the whole undertone of your post(s) was full of our right to win matches in this league.

Edited by John Findlay

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Naismith is only one behind hot shot Sow. 

Yeah, but he plays for Hearts and the teams we are playing are shite. Despite Dundee being in same league as us, Sow is banging them in against teams who aren't shite. 

Easy to follow really, just see everything through hatred of your own team. 

Malinga the Swinga

Baffles me why so many Hearts supporters want us to lose games. 

You can see the same people almost willing opposition to win, just so they can come on here and say 'told you'. 

Strange behaviour from usual suspects. 

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think folk are just getting pissed off reading the same posters spout the same shite after every game. Every game it's doom and gloom and predictions of things going wrong in the next game.

We've endured years of utter pony getting beat for fun, so for me seeing Hearts win in games with plenty goals is a refreshing change, so why not just enjoy it and worry about the team etc come the summer when hopefully we've been promoted as champions back to where we should be.

I hope we give Dundee a pasting like we did at the start of the season. Really deaden any aspirations they have of getting close to us. stamp our authority and remember their part in the demotion debacle. 
naismith scoring a hat trick the other night will give them the fear. Forget about Sow. 
Robbie and his team know what is required. 

Edited by topsport

I thought Walker played really well when he came on. I posted before that I didn't think he looked 'busy' enough in games and can fade when things aren't going his way, and he seemed to be making extra effort to get on the ball and actually drive forward with it. Hopefully he can find a bit of form and confidence. Jamie Walker on his day can absolutely be a top player at this level (Scottish football I mean). 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

We will carry momentum into the Dundee game. We go into it on the back of a 3-3 draw in the cup final, a 5-3 victory against Ayr and a 3-1  victory against Arbroath. We have momentum.

No the whole undertone of your post(s) was full of our right to win matches in this league.

Nowhere have I mentioned the right to win matches. You appear desperate to win an internet argument, rather than accept someone else's opinion.

Maybe your interpretation skills are not what they used to be?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

pretty good point that, imagination the atmosphere after naisy putting in the 3rd, 

Great point. After 3 after 35 mins there would be a celebratory atmosphere and the players would more than likely try to respond to that by putting on a show. People on here seem to be complaining about players making multiple passes without really getting anywhere. In a typical match scenario when we're 3 up and on easy street that would be accompanied by "Olays" and we'd be loving it.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Baffles me why so many Hearts supporters want us to lose games. 

You can see the same people almost willing opposition to win, just so they can come on here and say 'told you'. 

Strange behaviour from usual suspects. 

Can they really be called Hearts supporters then? Hearts might be "their team" for some reason or other but they're very far from being supporters.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's his job. He also gave reasons for the drop in performance, reasons dismissed on here as excuses. In any case, the same folk who continually criticise our performances are also to a man the anti-Neilson lot. They should be backing him in that case.

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

And yet you seem to think we destroyed every team we played under Burley.

Tell me any other time we scored 4 goals away from home against Kilmarnock, we did that season, tell me any time we scored 4 goals away from home against livi? We did that season. 

Burley had how many games yet you sit their and mock him? We're did he leave us yeah that's right top of the league, how did we not destroy teams the football we were playing, was out of this world. 

We pumped hibs 4-0 in his second game in charge, his first game at Tynecastle in the league. 

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robbie rates Liam Smith. You don't rate Robbie though, to an obsessive degree. These two things don't seem to go together. The question is, who would you play at RB - Smith or Smith?

M. Smith, with L. Smith being backup my comment was made in what you needed to challenge old firm 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tell me any other time we scored 4 goals away from home against Kilmarnock, we did that season, tell me any time we scored 4 goals away from home against livi? We did that season. 

Burley had how many games yet you sit their and mock him? We're did he leave us yeah that's right top of the league, how did we not destroy teams the football we were playing, was out of this world. 

We pumped hibs 4-0 in his second game in charge, his first game at Tynecastle in the league. 

What are you havering about now? Burley was tremendous for us, even taking into account the riches he had to put his team together, containing Euro and CL winners (coz that happens every season - totally normal for Hearts managers to have access to players like Jankauskis, Skacel, Takis and co) 😅 

Are you saying that only Burley teams beat teams by 4 goals away. Did you just start following Hearts in 2005 or something?

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

M. Smith, with L. Smith being backup my comment was made in what you needed to challenge old firm 👍

Switch on your messenger mate.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I thought Walker played really well when he came on. I posted before that I didn't think he looked 'busy' enough in games and can fade when things aren't going his way, and he seemed to be making extra effort to get on the ball and actually drive forward with it. Hopefully he can find a bit of form and confidence. Jamie Walker on his day can absolutely be a top player at this level (Scottish football I mean). 

Can I have one of whatever you have had please 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you havering about now? Burley was tremendous for us, even taking into account the riches he had to put his team together, containing Euro and CL winners (coz that happens every season - totally normal for Hearts managers to have access to players like Jankauskis, Skacel, Takis and co) 😅 

Are you saying that only Burley teams beat teams by 4 goals away. Did you just start following Hearts in 2005 or something?

Nah just you trying to say we didn't destroy teams, when we quite clearly did. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

He did, just ignore them. 

They are the sort of people to say that Walker is shite, yet make players like Berra, and 

White out to be world beaters . 

Absolutely pissing the league and a kick away from a Scottish Cup win after a semi victory over the vermin.

Everything going well.

For the players not performing, they won't be playing a part next season so absolutely pointless exercise getting your little panties in a twist.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Keep the rubbish up....you are getting better at it

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why would L Smith come to us as backup when he would get the same money being a first choice at Dundee Utd? 

20 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Why would L Smith come to us as backup when he would get the same money being a first choice at Dundee Utd? 

Well not to be cheeky saying this? But who would you play for a team that has ambitions, of playing in Europe and challenging for the league or well simply put Dundee United 🤔

A team that has the best training facilities in Scotland? And has the best stadium for atmosphere in Scotland, when the fans decide they want to turn up. 

I don't think you understand why I mentioned L. Smith. I started a thread about taking on the old firm. 

My opinion is Smith is getting on and needs competition, I feel L. Smith could offer that. 

And when M. Smith moves on. 

That will leave that position for L. Smith and Cammy Logan, a player i rate highly from our academy. 

To fight it out for. 

34 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Because we are hearts and Dundee United are Dundee United. We could take any player we fancied off them including last seasons star striker. 

Edited by GinRummy

The only thing that will stop us winning this league at a canter is covid and that's a big worry of mine if this new variant takes a real hold

7 hours ago, Boof said:

Any footage of the goals?

I see Dick Campbell is greeting about the second being 3 yards offside. I must confess at first view I thought he was off too but a replay showed clearly on.

Slavering auld erse! Naisy was clearly two yards ONSIDE!

7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Naismith is only one behind hot shot Sow. 

Never said he was a “hot shot” but he is a danger!

6 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He says that in every interview.  

I'm hoping that half this squad are punted in the summer who are just better and go full pelt for the full 90 mins. 

We're not going after teams as we'd all have hoped, a lot of this lot just don't have it. 

Big summer again..  where have we heard that before.. 

Not the point I was making. Some on here think we are top of the league because we have no fans attending - that is not what Robbie thinks.

2 hours ago, Blackshades said:

The only thing that will stop us winning this league at a canter is covid and that's a big worry of mine if this new variant takes a real hold

Indeed 980 deaths and 50000 positive tests in the last 24hours is no laughing matter 😞 can only see that skyrocketing with people doing as they choose to over Christmas. My neighbour is supposed to be self isolating he had 4parties all broken up by police , they left people came back. Was ridiculous

Ex member of the SaS

Personally never want Hearts to lose and support Robbie and have said so many times. However most of us love the win but would like a little more from the players, players who are meant to be a class above those we are playing. It has been mentioned Robbie is not happy with the application and this is where I am at.

Those up front need to be a little more active and those in defense need to be a little quicker getting the ball forward, hitting them on the break. Some may say it's ok to take your foot off the gas but not me, I want them to go for the jugular in every game. ( Grind those who would do us harm into the ground ). Ok maybe not 10-0 but why stop at three? We all wanted 10 in the big cup so why are people happy when we stop at being just ahead?

I have stated many times we have to be well clear with a huge goal difference on the off chance the call the leagues again ( I doubt this will happen with Sevco winning but you never know they may not have a choice ). So to be clear I am delighted with winning , happy we are top with a game in hand, but would just like the players to play for 90 minutes.

16 hours ago, sadj said:

Indeed 980 deaths and 50000 positive tests in the last 24hours is no laughing matter 😞 can only see that skyrocketing with people doing as they choose to over Christmas. My neighbour is supposed to be self isolating he had 4parties all broken up by police , they left people came back. Was ridiculous

Your neighbour and his pals are arse holes - they are not alone!

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Personally never want Hearts to lose and support Robbie and have said so many times. However most of us love the win but would like a little more from the players, players who are meant to be a class above those we are playing. It has been mentioned Robbie is not happy with the application and this is where I am at.

Those up front need to be a little more active and those in defense need to be a little quicker getting the ball forward, hitting them on the break. Some may say it's ok to take your foot off the gas but not me, I want them to go for the jugular in every game. ( Grind those who would do us harm into the ground ). Ok maybe not 10-0 but why stop at three? We all wanted 10 in the big cup so why are people happy when we stop at being just ahead?

I have stated many times we have to be well clear with a huge goal difference on the off chance the call the leagues again ( I doubt this will happen with Sevco winning but you never know they may not have a choice ). So to be clear I am delighted with winning , happy we are top with a game in hand, but would just like the players to play for 90 minutes.

Our players will need to be right up for it from the first minute against Dundee. I fear we will sit back as we did against Dunfermline and let them dominate. This is a big game for us.

On 29/12/2020 at 23:59, Gorgie Boot boy said:

A good poster here, always friendly and welcoming sort .

Hope you are well mate.

Doing well thanks, GBb.  👍

Hope you are too?

Happy New Year, btw.  🍺🍺

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Doing well thanks, GBb.  👍

Hope you are too?

Happy New Year, btw.  🍺🍺

Happy New Year .

I have a lot to look forward to this year, same amount of months to go as yesterday right enough.

May is the key to happiness.

On 29/12/2020 at 22:18, Sir Gio said:

As Geoff said earlier,  simply getting out of this League and keeping people healthy. 

So many matches and many more to come,  entertainment unfortunately is going to be pushed aside. Funnily enough fans are going to be victims of winning matches easily. 

Hopefully a decent game on Saturday 

No decent game on Saturday.

I called out the second half against Arbroath as unacceptable, and that has just continued into this heap of utter garbage tonight. You don't just turn it on and off and expect results, we carried a poor second half into a whole 90 minutes.

We have problems. His initials are RN.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

No decent game on Saturday.

I called out the second half against Arbroath as unacceptable, and that has just continued into this heap of utter garbage tonight. You don't just turn it on and off and expect results, we carried a poor second half into a whole 90 minutes.

We have problems. His initials are RN.

I disagree. 

Problems date back a lot further. Cathro,  Levein and even Stendel. 

There is a serious amount of shit to clean up.

Hiding to nothing this season but we will win it. Budget will not have been great in the summer,  but it does appear to have been wasted if I am being honest. 

Attracting players in the Championship was probably not easy. Might be easier in the summer,  but 4 years of pish, I am not holding my breath for better. 

Neilson right now is an easy target,  but get rid of him, we deserve to be called a basket case and it becomes harder still to attract players or get any semblance of order and consistency. 

Cup games prove that the team has ability,  but it seems to be on the players terms 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I disagree. 

Problems date back a lot further. Cathro,  Levein and even Stendel. 

There is a serious amount of shit to clean up.

Hiding to nothing this season but we will win it. Budget will not have been great in the summer,  but it does appear to have been wasted if I am being honest. 

Attracting players in the Championship was probably not easy. Might be easier in the summer,  but 4 years of pish, I am not holding my breath for better. 

Neilson right now is an easy target,  but get rid of him, we deserve to be called a basket case and it becomes harder still to attract players or get any semblance of order and consistency. 

Cup games prove that the team has ability,  but it seems to be on the players terms 

Deep down you know it will be more of the same if we get promoted. He was a Levein clone before and he's a Levein clone again, and his signing record so far since his return doesn't fill anyone with hope.

If you can't motivate players to go for more goals being 3-0 up at home to Arbroath at HT, then you have serious problems. They couldn't be arsed then, and they weren't arsed tonight.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Deep down you know it will be more of the same if we get promoted. He was a Levein clone before and he's a Levein clone again, and his signing record so far since his return doesn't fill anyone with hope.

If you can't motivate players to go for more goals being 3-0 up at home to Arbroath at HT, then you have serious problems. They couldn't be arsed then, and they weren't arsed tonight.

Yet he had his comfortable top 6 in his first go.

I've watched a lot of football these past few weeks. Don't believe this is purely a Hearts thing for a minute. 

A lot of subdued football teams kicking about. Of course the only one we are worried about is Hearts. So it always feels worse. 

Hard to know where to begin in the summer in truth. Genuinely don't believe anyone is safe 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet he had his comfortable top 6 in his first go.

I've watched a lot of football these past few weeks. Don't believe this is purely a Hearts thing for a minute. 

A lot of subdued football teams kicking about. Of course the only one we are worried about is Hearts. So it always feels worse. 

Hard to know where to begin in the summer in truth. Genuinely don't believe anyone is safe 

Another rebuild. That is a large part of our problem. The club has been mis-managed for years and I'm not confident that's going to end. Roberts and Frear underline that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Another rebuild. That is a large part of our problem. The club has been mis-managed for years and I'm not confident that's going to end. Roberts and Frear underline that.

I suspect they are products of limited choice, but as other people have said I would have thought younger players could have got the chance. I still think the issue is midfield balance. Walker surely won't get another season,  looking lame. Naismith is not getting younger. Haring looking as if he needs patience and time. 

Not enough fringe players putting pressure on. Strange time,  I believe we will coast it still. Premier is shit as well but teams like Livingston and Dundee United know how to battle,  we don't 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I suspect they are products of limited choice, but as other people have said I would have thought younger players could have got the chance. I still think the issue is midfield balance. Walker surely won't get another season,  looking lame. Naismith is not getting younger. Haring looking as if he needs patience and time. 

Not enough fringe players putting pressure on. Strange time,  I believe we will coast it still. Premier is shit as well but teams like Livingston and Dundee United know how to battle,  we don't 

This month will decide our fate, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith x 2 and a visit back to Alloa.  First test was a fail.

Edited by Chuck Berry