Robbie eyes January signings

Clerry Jambo

Least we are openly going after another winger and a striker. Shows Robbie is aware of the shortcomings of the squad. Ginelly has looked good and maybe Roberts once his groin has healed

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lost in space
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Least we are openly going after another winger and a striker. Shows Robbie is aware of the shortcomings of the squad. Ginelly has looked good and maybe Roberts once his groin has healed

You are giving neilson credit for identifying the shortcomings he created by recruiting badly???

Naaaaaaaaa.

12 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You are giving neilson credit for identifying the shortcomings he created by recruiting badly???

Naaaaaaaaa.

I think he wanted to give wighton a chance but more options needed. Roberts has pulled up short but does have a niggle.

The recruitment of the wingers has been a mess with the exception of Ginnelly and it was clear in the summer we needed another striker.

However, I dont understand how anyone can say they dont trust Neilson to sign another player. What are we supposed to do? We've signed a couple of duds, so lets just stick with playing them in case we sign more duds? Alternatively, let him fix his mistakes and bring in the players that can help us win games because guys like Roberts and Frear arent the answer. 

We cant sit back and rely on some of these players to win us the league and just as important is trying to get rid of some of the wasted wages like Damour and Zlamal. Although Neilson should be signing better value players than Roberts, Frear and Popescu, these guys will be on the lower end of the wages because the club is hamstrung by the amount spent on the overpaid underachievers that previous managers assembled. Its about time the likes of Walker, Boyce, Naismith and Lee started justifying their wages.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

The recruitment of the wingers has been a mess with the exception of Ginnelly and it was clear in the summer we needed another striker.

However, I dont understand how anyone can say they dont trust Neilson to sign another player. What are we supposed to do? We've signed a couple of duds, so lets just stick with playing them in case we sign more duds? Alternatively, let him fix his mistakes and bring in the players that can help us win games because guys like Roberts and Frear arent the answer. 

We cant sit back and rely on some of these players to win us the league and just as important is trying to get rid of some of the wasted wages like Damour and Zlamal. Although Neilson should be signing better value players than Roberts, Frear and Popescu, these guys will be on the lower end of the wages because the club is hamstrung by the amount spent on the overpaid underachievers that previous managers assembled. Its about time the likes of Walker, Boyce, Naismith and Lee started justifying their wages.

Yup!

Don't sign anyone, that's the answer.

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

I would look beyond the ‘don’t trust Neilson to sign players’ message for the true meaning.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, Sertse said:

Roberts and Frear need gone first opportunity.

Popescu is an absolute bombscare. Can't help but feel there is a player in there somewhere but that ship is starting to sail. 

Halliday wasn't a bad signing, not played amazing but he's scored goals and just needs to warm up a bit.

Kingsley is a good signing, hopefully get a permanent contract from him, same with Ginnelly, he already said he'd love to stay with us.

Hopefully he gets a striker and a winger.

What has Ginnelly done to deserve an extended stay?

I’d want to stay too if they were willing to pay me for what I’d done up to now.

He must think he’s hit the mother load.

Stay in Edinburgh, get paid, do nothing.

8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’d want to stay too if they were willing to pay me for what I’d done up to now.

When fit he looked like the best player in the team. He's potentially playing tomorrow so hopefully back to 100%.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Yes, the manager who has seen his players in the flesh for only three months has quickly identified that some, maybe a good few, are not good enough and is planning to recruit replacements. What else do we expect from a new manager? 

Allowayjambo1874
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think he wanted to give wighton a chance but more options needed. Roberts has pulled up short but does have a niggle.

Your making up a narrative here. If he ‘wanted to give Wighton a chance’ he wouldn’t have dropped him after scoring a hat trick for the following match. It’s also funny how players off form have niggles

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He isn’t getting paid by us at the moment. We will pay him a lot less than PNE are currently paying him if he moves to us. Why do you think he will see us as easy money? 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

When fit he looked like the best player in the team. He's potentially playing tomorrow so hopefully back to 100%.

If he plays tomorrow then we can all reevaluate. But if it’s two games in and 6 out it’s not worth the bother.

Allowayjambo1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, the manager who has seen his players in the flesh for only three months has quickly identified that some, maybe a good few, are not good enough and is planning to recruit replacements. What else do we expect from a new manager? 

I think the problem many people have is that some of those players identified are ones that he has brought in. 

most people get that we can’t afford dead certs and there will always be signings that are risky and won’t work out but we are in the second tier of Scottish football, paying relatively high wages and getting beat by Alloa ffs.  We are constantly spunking wages out on non entities, it needs to stop. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t getting paid by us at the moment. We will pay him a lot less than PNE are currently paying him if he moves to us. Why do you think he will see us as easy money? 

He’s played a few minutes. Then comes out with a “I’d love to stay”

I’m sure he knows our history for paying players for doing nothing.

Lets see what we get out of him through March/April. Then we can decide. Right now no other team is banging down his door to have him sign for them.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It's the football manager effect m8. 

The arseholes on here think you identify a player , even when they are out of contract garbage and they will always deliver whilst you're turning demotivated surrender merchants, who have seen off 3 managers already , into a group of winners . 

Robbie is sadly finding out what other managers before him have , the squad is filled with utter garbage who are pretending to be professional football players . 

Hopefully Ann gives him a bit of cash to inject some decent quality to the squad , she owes it to Robbie and the fans. 

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The arseholes on here think you identify a player , even when they are out of contract garbage and they will always deliver whilst you're turning demotivated surrender merchants, who have seen off 3 managers already , into a group of winners . 

Robbie is sadly finding out what other managers before him have , the squad is filled with utter garbage who are pretending to be professional football players . 

Hopefully Ann gives him a bit of cash to inject some decent quality to the squad , she owes it to Robbie and the fans. 

Neilson has helped fill the squad with garbage with at least three of his signings.

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson has helped fill the squad with garbage with at least three of his signings.

Filled with three? 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Filled with three? 

Oh Dave, read my post again, I think you’ll find I said helped fill. Three added to the shite we already had has helped fill the squad, unless you have some genius calculation for discounting those three from the equation of shite?

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh Dave, read my post again, I think you’ll find I said helped fill. Three added to the shite we already had has helped fill the squad, unless you have some genius calculation for discounting those three from the equation of shite?

Fair enough, which three?

I would like us to sign a striker who preferably can score goals at perhaps around a 1 in 3 chances rate, They can be any nationality on earth, Just as long as the ball is put in the onion bag regularly please robbie.

Sometimes i miss big Zeefuik, He certainly knew where the onion bag was.

Another winger would be fantastic, Also preferably a winger who has pace, Can beat a man or two at least on the odd occasion and can cross well into the box, Oh and most importantly can they please not be injury prone too?

If we can get that I'm confident of not losing again this season.

Just now, davemclaren said:

I think you know that very well. And I said at least three, I’ve not made my mind up about at least one other yet.  

IMO at least 50% of Neilson’s signings have been shite. That statistic will have to improve, not only for him, but as a club. The money Hearts have wasted in poor player investment is pretty appalling.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think you know that very well. And I said at least three, I’ve not made my mind up about at least one other yet.  

IMO at least 50% of Neilson’s signings have been shite. That statistic will have to improve, not only for him, but as a club. The money Hearts have wasted in poor player investment is pretty appalling.

I’ll play and guess then. 

Frear

Roberts

Popescu

i’ll give you Frear, Roberts has had half a good game so is not looking over promising but I don’t think Popescu is any worse than Dikamona ( who lots wanted to keep ) and was brought in to fill a gap with Berra and Souttar out. 

5 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

I don’t understand why we don’t play Naismith as a striker. Not that long ago he was playing up front and scoring for scotland but we insist on playing him as a midfielder. Him and Boyce upfront in a pair should be enough to get us the goals we need to get out this league. 

Robbie don't do twosomes!

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m taking an educated guess on 

Halliday, Roberts and Frear ....and ET does have a point Dave. Halliday may be ok once he gets match fit but he’s slow and off the pace. For a professional athlete to let himself get out of shape in the last 6 months would indicate to me he’s a lazy player and well off the pace. But he’s got a hun pedigree so he must be ok for us, right? 

Frear.....a wage thief, there are no words to describe him. and Roberts in a nutshell, is just shite. No heart, no bottle and no *** good. He’s not what we need. 

Two weeks away from our biggest game of the season and we ‘hope’ we can beat Morton away. Hope shouldn’t even be a word we should be using in this division.  Our team have become as soft as shit and the worst of it all, is we don’t have the answers to change it. Need players in and more moved on in January. I’m not even convinced this squad has what it takes to get in the trenches and fight our way out this division with hand to hand combat. 

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, time to judge re players is next summer when he has two opportunities to clear out the duds and two windows to bring in what he actually needs. 

Spot on

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I posted this on a thread a few weeks ago, it’s still where I am.

Neilson’s last season:

Europa League second round qualifying defeat to Birkirkara of Malta.

Scottish League Cup second round (we don’t play in the first round) defeat to St Johnstone.

While the league form was decent (26 points from 15 games) - especially given what we’ve been through since - our second place was for a few days then Aberdeen won their game in hand and went above us. By comparison Aberdeen have 26 points after 13 games this season and have been shite.

Some of the football was dreadful to watch. Neilson, like most people, is benefitting from the passage of time. There were lows during his time (let’s not talk about the “money spinner” replay against Hibs) and some undeniable highs, I am not sure I want to watch some of it again though.

The fact is Neilson has the opportunity to win the Scottish Cup and the Scottish Championship. Winning those would elevate him to beyond legendary status. I’d give my left bollock for him to do it. He’ll need to find something extra between now and 20th December though

We don’t have anything extra though Ethan. I think he’d need a magic wand to get any kind of result on the 20th. Other than the Dundee and semi final wins, there’s  nothing in this squad to convince me that we could even give Timothy a bloody nose let alone emerge victorious. 

Any cup semi or final that approaches,  then I convince myself that we’ll emerge victorious as I play out the scenario in my head and we lift the cup aloft. Sadly that’s all it’ll be this year....another pipe dream. 

8 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Lets see what we get out of him through March/April. Then we can decide. Right now no other team is banging down his door to have him sign for them.

There is a solution that we should be looking at with some of these players. Get them in on a lower salary that is then topped up with appearances and win bonuses. If they are not interested then fine we move on. 
We have to learn our lesson from previous years under Levein of buying injury prone players who couldn’t get fully fit. 

19 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We don’t have anything extra though Ethan. I think he’d need a magic wand to get any kind of result on the 20th. Other than the Dundee and semi final wins, there’s  nothing in this squad to convince me that we could even give Timothy a bloody nose let alone emerge victorious. 

Any cup semi or final that approaches,  then I convince myself that we’ll emerge victorious as I play out the scenario in my head and we lift the cup aloft. Sadly that’s all it’ll be this year....another pipe dream. 

Spot on. We are simply not good enough. I only wish we had a half decent side or at the very least 11 guys who would run through walls for the club in that final but we don’t. 
Celtic will win the cup and not get out second gear. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Spot on. We are simply not good enough. I only wish we had a half decent side or at the very least 11 guys who would run through walls for the club in that final but we don’t. 
Celtic will win the cup and not get out second gear. 

Wouldn’t be a brick wall that’s for sure. Knowing our soft squad, we’d get injured warming up as we prepared to run through any kind of wall.

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Wouldn’t be a brick wall that’s for sure. Knowing our soft squad, we’d get injured warming up as we prepared to run through any kind of wall.

Yep defo mate. 
Like Halkett last week 😀

I think the likes of Roberts, Frear and Walker would probably run the other way!!! 
We are so poor most of us can’t see a win coming at Morton never mind against Celtic. It’s depressing 😭😭

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

New managers typically give everyone a chance regardless of what’s gone on before. Arteta and Xhaka at Arsenal is a prime example 

8 hours ago, ramrod said:

It’s not really, it’s the effect of watching other clubs operate a far more effective transfer policy. 

Ann owes Robbie nothing. 

8 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I think the problem many people have is that some of those players identified are ones that he has brought in. 

most people get that we can’t afford dead certs and there will always be signings that are risky and won’t work out but we are in the second tier of Scottish football, paying relatively high wages and getting beat by Alloa ffs.  We are constantly spunking wages out on non entities, it needs to stop. 

Ginelly is a loan deal so not long term. Frear is a one season deal with only five months left on it. Yep Roberts and Popescu are 2 year deals but we are only about 8/9 games into those contracts and people have made their minds up. I think it’s more likely that most of the ones he has decided won’t cut it were here before he arrived. Brandon, Bobby, Lee, Naismith, Moore, Wighton for starters. As I said on a previous post new managers have to give players a chance when they come in. It’s very rare that players leave as soon as a new manager is appointed. Unfortunately because of the transfer windows these things take time. 

8 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

We don’t know if any other clubs are interested in him but they would be wasting their time on the basis that he is on a one year loan contract with us. 

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

50% success rate on signings is decent for any manager these days. Just look at the cast of nameless players that have passed through Ibrox in recent years. Celtic under Deila and Lennon? Stacks of failed signings. 

8 hours ago, ramrod said:

👍

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Alan Forrest would have been a good signing, just another one that got away but typical of Hearts over recent years. 

Absolutely, other clubs seem to pick these sort of guys up, while we just don’t. Needs to change

9 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Your making up a narrative here. If he ‘wanted to give Wighton a chance’ he wouldn’t have dropped him after scoring a hat trick for the following match. It’s also funny how players off form have niggles

i would have binned wighton in the summer. Been given more of a chance in the league cup and some league games. Showed that he can only play as a 9 but not that well as a supporting striker 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Yep defo mate. 
Like Halkett last week 😀

I think the likes of Roberts, Frear and Walker would probably run the other way!!! 
We are so poor most of us can’t see a win coming at Morton never mind against Celtic. It’s depressing 😭😭

We could always start another poll to give us something to do rather than watch more turgid hoofball. 

What players from this squad would run through a wall Sandy Clark style? 

Then list the following players in the squad. Christophe Berra for instance would just hoof it over the wall. Olly Lee would approach the wall, run sideways, sideways again and then  backwards. Walker would just look at it,  shake his head, give up and walk away, exclaiming, nah this isn’t for me!

Edited by Saughton Jambo

On 04/12/2020 at 07:43, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t trust him to buy any better tbh 

Yeah its a bit of a worry when that report has him quoted saying he won't need to move anyone out in order to sign new players. Either our benefactors are pinyin up (again) or these new players won't be on much. If they end up being the quality of roberts and frear I would rather he left it.  Like others have said, the squad we have should be winning games in that league by 3 or 4 goals every game if they showed the right attitude.  

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll play and guess then. 

Frear

Roberts

Popescu

i’ll give you Frear, Roberts has had half a good game so is not looking over promising but I don’t think Popescu is any worse than Dikamona ( who lots wanted to keep ) and was brought in to fill a gap with Berra and Souttar out. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out these three individuals. They are all rank rotten and already have some questioning Robbies judgement on bringing in players. I was no fan of Dikamona but I would say he is better that Popescu. As for Frear / Roberts they can be filed under the Leigh Jenkinson/ Kevin Twaddle category. All three should be nowhere near Tynecastle but sadly they will all see out their contracts being the most likely outcome. 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

There is a solution that we should be looking at with some of these players. Get them in on a lower salary that is then topped up with appearances and win bonuses. If they are not interested then fine we move on. 
We have to learn our lesson from previous years under Levein of buying injury prone players who couldn’t get fully fit. 

I thought that’s what the new pay structure now is?

19 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Correct but don’t let that get in the way of a good old gripe. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

These new recruits are on low basic and high bonuses, they changed it in the summer. It hasn’t helped. No matter the wage structure our squad has now proved that you need to character and drive to be a good team, we have extremely little of either and that’s before we talk about ability. Considering all that the manager had as a player was character and drive it’s strange that he doesn’t see this. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Brophy and Stewart would be good additions if we can dispose of frear, Moore, henderson and damour in the window. 

Maybe next summer but we would need to pay a fee for them in January and none of those 4 are likely to leave permanently next month.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

For the new players, the rest of the duds that got us demoted are still on high basic low bonus. Apparently that system works at successful clubs but you have to have the right players, not lazy wage thief’s.