• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s that old Hibs and Celtic entitlement coming through again - “ we deserve better”. 

Hahahahaha Hibs entitlement, have you missed the absolute shite that they happily put up with their whole miserable ****ing  lives? 
Some of us DEMAND a good team and don’t put up with fools like Levein and Neilson. For the money we’ve put in with season tickets and the FoH, nearly £30m since this REGIME took over you better ****ing believe we DESERVE better. 

He doesn’t need to sign anyone. If these players could just run about more and show some effort then we’ll be fine. Another suggestion would be an end to the pish pedestrian football. We seem to be on an endless cycle of getting it right at the next transfer window. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

sure if that's strictly true. perhaps we've expected better rather than deserve. our front four (Boyce, Naismith, Walker and one from Roberts, Frear, Ginelley) on paper should be standouts in this league almost every game.

Perhaps Frear and Roberts are still adjusting to this league and scottish football. If so - why not play someone like Moore who in his last spell was holding his own in the league above.

Or....try different tactics - the 4-4-2 as some folk are suggesting. 

They’ve both played in Scottish football before. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

doh! thanks for the correction. Even worse then!! 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Too old for them!

Apologies, the mere mention of that alleged GK and those bunch of ***** he plays for certainly sets me off. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

And Robbie now talking about needing to bring in yet more.

Part of Budge’s culture of excuses.

Both cultivated by Levein and his book of many excuses whilst never accepting you’ve made a mistake. 

If he's having to sign replacements for guys he's already signed that worries me on two fronts : that means either/or they've got long term injuries/he just doesn't fancy them.

In which case where is the money for a decent midfielder/front man ? We're  just spending money replacing guys who were the replacements !?

Honestly- the players we have and the money we've spent and we still can't put out  a team that looks decent enough not only for the Champ but to play the tinpot clubs in the League cup. It's pathetic. 

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No we haven’t.  Almost £3m of that was to buy Budges shares - objective met. Another £3m went to help building the stand - objective met. Not one penny of that £6m would reflect, yet, in what has happened on the pitch. So that leaves £5m over 6/7 years, circa £7-800k per annum to help with real running costs. Yes we should have expected a bit more for that sum of money but certainly can’t see how we ‘deserved’ a lot more. 

Well done, you’ve managed to account for some of the, and let’s make this point quite clear, additional £11.1 million the fans have put in, while at the same time not acknowledging every other penny we’ve put in match tickets, merchandise, sponsorship, etc, to what you call, “real running costs”.

The simple fact is that we - the fans - have put in enough money to have us with arguably the third biggest overall budget in Scottish football. Despite that we have a squad of players who do not represent value for money for the investment made. To suggest or argue otherwise, given where we are, is frankly ridiculous.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Looks like he has realised that Roberts  and Frear aren’t good enough..

it happens at the lower end of the market.. which we are in.. every signing is a gamble

100% Moore and Henderson should be in front of those 2

agreed... Wighton in same boat with Roberts and Frear too! he will pick up odd goals but not the player to help us win Championship!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No we haven’t.  Almost £3m of that was to buy Budges shares - objective met. Another £3m went to help building the stand - objective met. Not one penny of that £6m would reflect, yet, in what has happened on the pitch. So that leaves £5m over 6/7 years, circa £7-800k per annum to help with real running costs. Yes we should have expected a bit more for that sum of money but certainly can’t see how we ‘deserved’ a lot more. 

We should have expected “a bit more” than a return to the Championship?

I'm extremely concerned about Robbies lack of willingness to lean on the kids despite his talking a good game about that before the season got going. You cannot tell me Elliot Frear is any better than Lewis Moore? Likewise Henderson could offer pace in the wide areas. Are either looking like they're going to be good enough long term? Not really, but both an improvement on that chicken hearted loser he 'chased for 18 months' smh. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Going back to the summer I think I said we needed a goalkeeper, 2 centre backs, a left back, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers & 2 strikers. Now we got Pop but he seems to being worse every game, a scoring midfielder is still missing and the winger Robert's & Frear have been rubbish so far. Ginnelly being injured but he looks like a player. As for Naisy, Boyce & Wighton they just don't score enough. Now Robbie wants a Striker & another winger. The only players we have added that have pass Mark's are Gordon, Stewart, Kingsley & Ginnelly. I'd hate to see more duds being signed because we'd be just as well to keep the squad we have. Some of the players we've signed in the past 5 years must of thought Christmas comes every day at Hearts.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'm extremely concerned about Robbies lack of willingness to lean on the kids despite his talking a good game about that before the season got going. You cannot tell me Elliot Frear is any better than Lewis Moore? Likewise Henderson could offer pace in the wide areas. Are either looking like they're going to be good enough long term? Not really, but both an improvement on that chicken hearted loser he 'chased for 18 months' smh. 

He clearly doesn't rate them and the idea that they will be farmed out this season and return next year toughened up & ready - to an even tougher league (assuming promotion is achieved) - is just laughable. 

We deserve better. A lot better. That’s not entitlement that’s basic arithmetic. Robbie will be given time to clear away the utter dross and non tryers that levein has collected but he needs to do better with the limited resources he has. The shit he’s signed is unacceptable. Popescu, Frear and Roberts are a total waste of time. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

He clearly doesn't rate them and the idea that they will be farmed out this season and return next year toughened up & ready - to an even tougher league (assuming promotion is achieved) - is just laughable. 

My whole understanding of what we're trying to do here is to promote kids and really lean on our youngsters moving forward. Instead we're pishing more money up a wall signing gash like Frear and Roberts.

If the intention was to sign a high calibre of player to give the youngsters someone excellent to learn from then fine, yeah I agree, but Frear is about the worst example of a winger I think we've seen, Christ Amankwaa offered more. 

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said 99% were carrying knocks, Smith always is. Frear is murder, Halliday has been in full training for ****ing months don’t patronise anyone by saying he’s been out fo 6 months, lazy Hun ******* should’ve been training. Forget about Souttar he’s done. 

He didn’t play or train properly from 23 February until we signed him on 28 September. You are correct it wasn't 6 months it was 7 months. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

My whole understanding of what we're trying to do here is to promote kids and really lean on our youngsters moving forward. Instead we're pishing more money up a wall signing gash like Frear and Roberts.

If the intention was to sign a high calibre of player to give the youngsters someone excellent to learn from then fine, yeah I agree, but Frear is about the worst example of a winger I think we've seen, Christ Amankwaa offered more. 

It’s not just the money (though I know that’s broadly what the thread’s about) it’s the fact that Moore or Henderson (who I don’t rate particularly highly) would clearly be better options than Roberts or Frear but aren’t getting game time because Robbie is trying to justify the spend. If he’s acting in his own interest rather than hearts interest that’s a huge issue. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yep. Neilson is making a rod for his own back. He's got a squad that dwarfs all others in this league by comparison budget wise, experience, quality etc...

He needs to use what he has at his disposal and find a solution. This shouldn't be difficult. If he can't do a job with the players he has, he's clearly not the right man for the job. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Going back to the summer I think I said we needed a goalkeeper, 2 centre backs, a left back, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers & 2 strikers. Now we got Pop but he seems to being worse every game, a scoring midfielder is still missing and the winger Robert's & Frear have been rubbish so far. Ginnelly being injured but he looks like a player. As for Naisy, Boyce & Wighton they just don't score enough. Now Robbie wants a Striker & another winger. The only players we have added that have pass Mark's are Gordon, Stewart, Kingsley & Ginnelly. I'd hate to see more duds being signed because we'd be just as well to keep the squad we have. Some of the players we've signed in the past 5 years must of thought Christmas comes every day at Hearts.

Spot on 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He didn’t play or train properly from 23 February until we signed him on 28 September. You are correct it wasn't 6 months it was 7 months. 

Because nobody wanted him, he thought he was going to the states or England. He should’ve kept himself git, and still over two months later he’s unfit according to you? Maybe he should be training instead over his previous club on Open goal or whatever shite it is he’s on. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Mighty jam said:

agreed... Wighton in same boat with Roberts and Frear too! he will pick up odd goals but not the player to help us win Championship!

Not sure if £150k and over double that in wages is the lower end of the market. 

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Good post. Why we go for folk like Popescu rather than an up and coming centre back with a real future is beyond me. We lack vim, too many players running through the motions and trying to avoid individual blame imo. Some quality young players with desire to achieve would make a massive difference. Journeymen have their place but we have so many players who are just either going nowhere or have already been. 

SomethingAboutObua

We're short on strikers but is this just **** off Wighton then? Boyce has been off the boil for weeks and Wighton still isn't starting, and the first discussion about the transfer window Neilson confirms he wants a new striker? If Boyce starts against Morton does that all but confirm Neilson's not rating Wighton?

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

We're short on strikers but is this just **** off Wighton then? Boyce has been off the boil for weeks and Wighton still isn't starting, and the first discussion about the transfer window Neilson confirms he wants a new striker? If Boyce starts against Morton does that all but confirm Neilson's not rating Wighton?

Wighton isn’t what we need, now, or in the future.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

People keep talking about Henderson being a winger despite the fact that he has played up front, in the middle, through most age groups. Even more bizarre than some of Robbie’s signings. 

Would be interesting to see officially how many times he's played there for the first team .

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Looks like (unless there's a change of heart) persisting with one up top - and Wighton will only get a game either as a sub or stuck out wide (where he is hopeless because he's not a wide player).

Wighton is everything Boyce isn't but to get the best out of Wighton would be to play a counter attack style - but with the current bunch , that gives me the fear. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Was gathering a bit of confidence, scoring goals and dropped. 

44 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If he's having to sign replacements for guys he's already signed that worries me on two fronts : that means either/or they've got long term injuries/he just doesn't fancy them.

In which case where is the money for a decent midfielder/front man ? We're  just spending money replacing guys who were the replacements !?

Honestly- the players we have and the money we've spent and we still can't put out  a team that looks decent enough not only for the Champ but to play the tinpot clubs in the League cup. It's pathetic. 

Perhaps the striker and winger he’s looking for weren’t available in the previous window so he signed Frear on a 1 year deal and gave Wighton a chance to step up until January. Perhaps the two he’s looking at are his original targets? Just my opinion but it would make the trial for Frear and subsequent deal less of a risk/commitment. 

I think its clear that we mainly signed stop gap players in summer who'd be good enough to go up and then get chucked next summer. I think that's fair enough up to a point as decent players generally wouldn't sign for a club in our predicament. 

Having said that this really is the season when we should be giving the young players extended runs in the team, McDonald was certainly no worse than Frear and Roberts and i'd say the same about Moore. McGill and Logan both came into the team, played well and weren't rewarded with another start for ages. The likes of Chris Hamilton, Harry Cochrane and Conor Smith should really be getting opportunities when they return in january as well. Just having young players on the pitch adds so much more energy and drive as they have their whole careers to play for, I highly doubt the likes of Popescu and Lee have their sights set on champions league or international football, just happy to earn a decent wage. 

A striker is a must though as we need someone completely different to what we have. Wighton will make runs into channels and Boyce, Naismith and Walker will drift and drop deep to help with build up but we really need a centre forward who will stay upfront and be in the box for chances

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Looks that way to me also but am confused by the whole Robby masterplan

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Looks that way to me also but am confused by the whole Robby masterplan

Don’t be confused about it. He doesn’t have a masterplan.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Try telling the truth in your mission to make Stendel a saint. I never said White  never made mistakes I simply said he has had a better career and in my opinion is a better footballer than McHattie will ever be. McHattie was very poor and isn’t even close to getting into our best five left backs over the last 10 years. 

Trying to make Stendel a saint when I've publicly came out with that he isn't perfect, 

•  
  On 03/12/2020 at 15:50, soonbe110 said:

He hasn’t sold goals ball-watching like McHattie did when he played for us. 

Hmm 🤔 

Which is what I replied to you showing you he quite clearly does, still waiting on your response? 

Think the  guy from Raith looks worth a punt imo.

The main problem though is the same as  it's been for the last  few years with these jokers , lack of penetration and belief in the final 3rd . 

The fact that the likes of Naismith, Walker , Boyce , Lee , Halkett etc are struggling to make an impact in the 2 tier of Scottish football is an utter embarrassment and not the managers fault . 

Most of these clowns have already seen off 3 managers and counting . 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was gathering a bit of confidence, scoring goals and dropped. 

So who do we question, the player or the manager?

Most managers play a player who is “in form”. Why did Neilson drop Wighton?  

Has being dropped dented Wightons confidence?

To be honest I’ve seen enough of Wighton to know he’s not the answer. That said, as you point out, he did hit a bit of form at this level. Neilson should have given him the opportunity to keep playing while he was in his purple patch. Why didn’t he? Has he even been questioned as to why he dropped him?

I am by no stretch a fan of Neilson. I am certainly not a fan of Wighton. That said I cannot understand why Wighton was dropped when he was. 

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because nobody wanted him, he thought he was going to the states or England. He should’ve kept himself git, and still over two months later he’s unfit according to you? Maybe he should be training instead over his previous club on Open goal or whatever shite it is he’s on. 

I’d agree with your last sentence. It does take players a while to get fitness back though after it’s lost principally because they keep picking up niggling injuries as has been the case with Halliday. Two steps forward and one step back typically. Doesn’t explain why he wasn’t fit when he joined us but there’s no doubt he wasn’t. 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Think the  guy from Raith looks worth a punt imo.

The main problem though is the same as  it's been for the last  few years with these jokers , lack of penetration and belief in the final 3rd . 

The fact that the likes of Naismith, Walker , Boyce , Lee , Halkett etc are struggling to make an impact in the 2 tier of Scottish football is an utter embarrassment and not the managers fault

Most of these clowns have already seen off 3 managers and counting . 

It was when Stendel was in charge and we were facing far better opposition than we are now. Maybe some supporters need a rethink.

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure if £150k and over double that in wages is the lower end of the market. 

Are you suggesting Wighton is on £6k per week? 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So who do we question, the player or the manager?

Most managers play a player who is “in form”. Why did Neilson drop Wighton?  

Has being dropped dented Wightons confidence?

To be honest I’ve seen enough of Wighton to know he’s not the answer. That said, as you point out, he did hit a bit of form at this level. Neilson should have given him the opportunity to keep playing while he was in his purple patch. Why didn’t he? Has he even been questioned as to why he dropped him?

I am by no stretch a fan of Neilson. I am certainly not a fan of Wighton. That said I cannot understand why Wighton was dropped when he was. 

Don’t disagree. I understand Robbie looking to give Boyce a vote of confidence but you can’t just drop a player in form for a player who isn’t. Why the determination to stick to a formation, that might well work with the right players, at all costs? If our midfield is so poor that we can only afford to play with one up front then god help us. If his trick is two wide men and one striker regardless of personnel then that is imply not good enough. He needs to adjust his tactics to which players are available. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are you suggesting Wighton is on £6k per week? 

He will be on more than most if not all strikers in the championship. Rather than bicker about numbers, is that not the point?

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies, the mere mention of that alleged GK and those bunch of ***** he plays for certainly sets me off. 

I was looking for a target so thanks!

I couldn't use emojis as I'd probably get arrested by mistake!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

If Budge had a clue she would give him nowt.

Budge being clueless is the root of the problem 

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It was when Stendel was in charge and we were facing far better opposition than we are now. Maybe some supporters need a rethink.

There's no way I'm listening to your shite re Robbie . 

Jose couldn't get a tune out of these jokers pretending to still be professional footballers. 

His hands were tied re pre season with only out of contract garbage left on the market . 

The guys is just finding out that he can't trust most of these clown regardless of how they look on the training pitch . 

His best bets is to try and get Budge to stump up a couple of 100 k and sign a couple of players that look decent in our league . Moneys tight so it's a possibility and  he needs to empty our fitness staff . How that Michael Williams is still involved is ****ing incredible, amateurish doesn't cover it . 

Edited by ramrod

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

How ****ing depressing is it when as a support we hope that Craig wighton plays. 
What a shite squad we have. 

It is shit. But at the same time, Neilson could help himself by managing him properly.

I’m already seeing why we got so tired of Neilson last time 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t disagree. I understand Robbie looking to give Boyce a vote of confidence but you can’t just drop a player in form for a player who isn’t. Why the determination to stick to a formation, that might well work with the right players, at all costs? If our midfield is so poor that we can only afford to play with one up front then god help us. If his trick is two wide men and one striker regardless of personnel then that is imply not good enough. He needs to adjust his tactics to which players are available. 

Neilson is a one trick pony, hence why Stevie Crawford - who knows his one trick - outmanoeuvred him easily a few weeks ago.

Neilson has been in the management game for six years. He’s had three different clubs, in two different countries. His football management has proven to work in the lower league in Scotland. Something tells me he is not going to change. He’s been fortunate enough to have the biggest job he’ll have in football twice, thanks on both occasions to Levein.

I see no improvement in the managerial ability of the 2014 Neilson to the 2020 Neilson. If he hasn’t learned in six years then he’s not going to.