Robbie eyes January signings

Clerry Jambo

Kidd’s Boots

Sounds like the injury to Ginnelly, Roberts, which came out this week or both are a bit more long term or serious than has been thought. Can understand RN's thinking about an out and out goal scorer, but that leaves him a bit of a dilemma. Does he go big in preparation for next season, depending who is available, or a short term loan. Same applies to Ginnelly, both he and RN were talking about a permanent move. If that's the case, that would be 4 wingers signed by RN plus Moore and Henderson. Another striker coming must out Walker and Naismith down the pecking order also, with the 9 jersey available and Boyce proving more than capable of doing the job both Walker and Naismith can't.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless they change the Goal Posts from the End of the pitch to the Middle, we will struggle. After watching the Dunfermline and Alloa away games, if we do not improve the squad we will not go up.

33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% same posters would be crucifying Robbie if he said he didn’t need anyone 😂 

There is an core of so called “supporters” desperate for Robbie to fail.  They’ve been waiting all season for a slip up.

best ignored.. 

robbie will get us promoted or he will leave.. that simple 

Yep it's a joke how many on here thrive on misery.   Maybe they are just miserable people full stop.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They only send out players to leagues they think will either help them progress or to a club they think is at their level and will sign them.  Considering the 3 players we have signed on loan from Man Utd I would rather we take them to court than take any more absolute ****ing dross from them. 

Not do irony then?

16 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yep it's a joke how many on here thrive on misery.   Maybe they are just miserable people full stop.

Maybe we are sitting in the championship and just lost to Dunfermline and Alloa?  

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
55 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He got 10% right.

Signed 7 (8 if you count the 2nd/3rd choice goalie). Gordon, Kingsley and Gino look like really good signings. Jury's still out on Popescu and Halliday. Frear and Roberts look mince. To be honest, its not the worst return, and a lot better than we have done in recent windows. The big problem was the squad he inherited.

bringonthesevco
Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Signed 7 (8 if you count the 2nd/3rd choice goalie). Gordon, Kingsley and Gino look like really good signings. Jury's still out on Popescu and Halliday. Frear and Roberts look mince. To be honest, its not the worst return, and a lot better than we have done in recent windows. The big problem was the squad he inherited.

Think you're being generous - Gino has managed 2 games since he joined, I'm struggling to categorise him as a really good signing.

Popescu I think is firmly in the mince category and Halliday at best can be described as a bang average player ..

So 2 good signings - one a 37 year old former player and one that's only signed to the end of the season.

1 Average and a pile of mince .....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Think you're being generous - Gino has managed 2 games since he joined, I'm struggling to categorise him as a really good signing.

Popescu I think is firmly in the mince category and Halliday at best can be described as a bang average player ..

So 2 good signings - one a 37 year old former player and one that's only signed to the end of the season.

And Robbie now talking about needing to bring in yet more.

Part of Budge’s culture of excuses.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
8 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Not to get lost in semantics but if you can agree that Gino is more likely to be a good signing than a bad one, then it would be 3 good 3 mince 1 average. 50% is as good a hit rate as you can expect for signings, especially at this level. As I've said previously, the mistakes of the previous regime as to blame for the current playing squad more than Robbie.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

There’s that old Hibs and Celtic entitlement coming through again - “ we deserve better”. 

I don't think you can say entitlement. With the money we bring in we do deserve better. In terms of Celtic and the budget differences between them and us, we cannot be compared. Hibs on the other hand is a different matter. If we're not scouting the best prospects at other clubs as they and Aberdeen have done then there is something far wrong at the club. I have watched some pretty decent players playing against us at smaller clubs, players that could've made a difference to our squad but we just don't get them. It's no surprise that them and even Motherwell in recent times have been fighting it out for 3rd/4th positions while we just sit back and let it happen. I could name about ten players in the last few years that have impressed against us. The point is we've squandered so much money on average to duff players when there's been some interesting prospects around. It's taken us five years to try to find a reliable left back, our centre halves are easily bullied, our wide players would be lucky if they could cross a ball into the box half a dozen times between them and we've had nothing upfront since Lafferty. We rely on too many defensive midfielders to change who they are and become attacking midfielders and our goalies have left a lot to be desired. With the exception of a steady right back in Michael Smith we've pissed around putting square pegs in round holes, scouted poorly and the academy players haven't progressed to a level where they can be considered regulars. Yes, not all will make it but with the amount that's came through and the money used for it, it can't be considered overly successful. That's not entitlement, that's expectancy.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

And Robbie now talking about needing to bring in yet more.

Part of Budge’s culture of excuses.

If I was Budge I’d be telling Robbie and clear and unequivocal No. If he can’t win this league with what he’s got, having made 8 signings 2 months ago, I can’t see how he could possibly be allowed to carry on 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I don't think you can say entitlement. With the money we bring in we do deserve better. In terms of Celtic and the budget differences between them and us, we cannot be compared. Hibs on the other hand is a different matter. If we're not scouting the best prospects at other clubs as they and Aberdeen have done then there is something far wrong at the club. I have watched some pretty decent players playing against us at smaller clubs, players that could've made a difference to our squad but we just don't get them. It's no surprise that them and even Motherwell in recent times have been fighting it out for 3rd/4th positions while we just sit back and let it happen. I could name about ten players in the last few years that have impressed against us. The point is we've squandered so much money on average to duff players when there's been some interesting prospects around. It's taken us five years to try to find a reliable left back, our centre halves are easily bullied, our wide players would be lucky if they could cross a ball into the box half a dozen times between them and we've had nothing upfront since Lafferty. We rely on too many defensive midfielders to change who they are and become attacking midfielders and our goalies have left a lot to be desired. With the exception of a steady right back in Michael Smith we've pissed around putting square pegs in round holes, scouted poorly and the academy players haven't progressed to a level where they can be considered regulars. Yes, not all will make it but with the amount that's came through and the money used for it, it can't be considered overly successful. That's not entitlement, that's expectancy.

Agree with all of this. The club lacks any sort of vision or any concrete plan other than empty platitudes of 'we should not be where we are'. Neilson was a good hire who will get us out the Championship but after that we need a serious overhaul in terms of strategy as to how we achieve where we want to get to.

south morocco
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m sure we can find a substitute. You better you bet we could 

Not being funny mate but Who are you?

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I like your post man but the above snipet to me needs highlighted. It is very true what you say but this is our huge issue.

We seem to be buying players based on how good they are on paper with no thought to how they will fit in to the team and the dressing room, injury history and actual scouted experience. We are recruiting passengers with the hearts of goldfish. 

Yeah our recruiting has been scatter gun approach at best.

Robbie has had some horror signings but he also brought in some cracking players over his time in charge.

We really could do with another forward like Sow that can be a target man but also out muscle and out pace players.

Also a midfielder like Djoum wouldn't go a miss.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You missed out Halliday who wasn’t needed and Ginnelly who has talent but is at his 11th club at 23yo. 
Another window, sounds familiar. 
We might not get promotion if something doesn’t change. 

Halliday was in case Harring could not play again in my opinion, although Halliday is no where near as good.

Do get that we always seem to need another window but surely we give Robbie what he needs and get behind him.

Not excusing the way we have been playing but I said at the start we would not walk this league like last time.

Our squad is overhyped, Naismith is never a midfielder. He should stay up top or not in the team, he will only be useful there when we are playing a team that will dominate possession so he can give a bit of dig

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

It’s almost criminal that the young players aren’t getting a sniff.  

I agree, being in the Championship was the perfect time to see if they sink or swim and allow us to savage the wage bill right down. It is inconceivable that Hamilton could have been any worse than Popescu, Smith worse than Walker, Henderson worse than Frear, Irving worse than Halliday etc.

Edited by Flimsy

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Maybe by mentioning bringing in new players RN is in an oblique way trying to motivate those in the current squad?

Maybe not though, just a thought.

Maybe. Doesn't say much for his motivational ability if he needs to do that.

Other possibilities that occurred to me were

- to put pressure on Ann to agree his proposed signings

- an excuse for failure, if that doesn't work and he doesn't get what he says he needs

In practice I think it flags up to other clubs and agents that Hearts are back in the market for overpaid  and injury prone dross to put on long term contracts.

Robbie you have more than a capable squad to get us up this season, rather than bothering about recruitment, you just make sure we pick up 3 points 👍

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s that old Hibs and Celtic entitlement coming through again - “ we deserve better”. 

Hearts fans have sunk £11.1 million - thus far - into the club over and above any of the normal expenditure (match tickets, merchandise, etc) expected of a football fan. Given the amount involved I would agree that we deserve better. That money has not been spent well.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Maybe we are sitting in the championship and just lost to Dunfermline and Alloa?  

Exactly.  We can't overlook that.  It doesn't bear thinking about if Morton gets added to that list.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe. Doesn't say much for his motivational ability if he needs to do that.

Agree!

Other possibilities that occurred to me were

- to put pressure on Ann to agree his proposed signings

- an excuse for failure, if that doesn't work and he doesn't get what he says he needs

In practice I think it flags up to other clubs and agents that Hearts are back in the market for overpaid  and injury prone dross to put on long term contracts.

That doesn't bear thinking about. 😞 

Edited by Boris

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Wingers were brought in because we need wingers, that's how they fit in.  It's obvious unless you are looking, as usual, you brown nose every single thread.

The way we play means that unless that changes our pacey new winger will spend his time watching the team pass the ball sideways and backwards at snails pace while the opposition organises itself to prevent the said pacey new winger doing anything when he eventually gets the ball.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hearts fans have sunk £11.1 million - thus far - into the club over and above any of the normal expenditure (match tickets, merchandise, etc) expected of a football fan. Given the amount involved I would agree that we deserve better. That money has not been spent well.

Better leave him mate wasting your time, if you check the Robbie Neilson thread, he tries to convince everyone that aidy white, is a far better player than Kevin McHattie, and that aidy white doesn't make mistakes, only for me to show that aidy white does make mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

It’s time Robbie started playing the young players in the first team if he doesn’t why do we bother with an academy.

Maybe Robbie is under pressure to play the big guns? Playing kids ahead of them - and if they do well - could possibly lead to some hacked off players who'll want to leave.

Mind....if the kids play better than the 'star' players.....so what?

3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

sure if that's strictly true. perhaps we've expected better rather than deserve. our front four (Boyce, Naismith, Walker and one from Roberts, Frear, Ginelley) on paper should be standouts in this league almost every game.

Perhaps Frear and Roberts are still adjusting to this league and scottish football. If so - why not play someone like Moore who in his last spell was holding his own in the league above.

Or....try different tactics - the 4-4-2 as some folk are suggesting. 

Expected more but def not deserved more. As I said that’s real entitlement thinking. 

Breaking h1b5

The usual signing policy goes on and on. The shite football goes on and on. The auld bag thinks she is able to make footballing decisions. Robbie Neilson is simply a very unambitious manager to have been brought back. We are a team full of deadwood like Jamie Walker Roberts etc. The FOH should have had her out by now. The club have wasted millions on dross and an overpriced main stand. Our football is still pedestrian after we got rid of a manager hell bent on changing that but we got rid of him to bring a phoodle back. Hearts fans (a hell of a lot of them) have went too soft. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% same posters would be crucifying Robbie if he said he didn’t need anyone 😂 

There is an core of so called “supporters” desperate for Robbie to fail.  They’ve been waiting all season for a slip up.

best ignored.. 

robbie will get us promoted or he will leave.. that simple 

👍

I'll likely get pelters for this, but as we are having trouble breaking down banks of defense when away to some of these teams, we could do worse than get a big target man on loan who has the ability to take the ball long and drag the midfield quickly into play. 

I stress I don't want to see us play where Berra shells it to the No 9 all match, but its a bloody useful weapon to have against these teams. 

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Yeah our recruiting has been scatter gun approach at best.

Robbie has had some horror signings but he also brought in some cracking players over his time in charge.

We really could do with another forward like Sow that can be a target man but also out muscle and out pace players.

Also a midfielder like Djoum wouldn't go a miss.

Djoum was a class act but he had the heart and fight of a stick insect.

50 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The way we play means that unless that changes our pacey new winger will spend his time watching the team pass the ball sideways and backwards at snails pace while the opposition organises itself to prevent the said pacey new winger doing anything when he eventually gets the ball.

In a nutshell, sir  👍

2 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Sounds like the injury to Ginnelly, Roberts, which came out this week or both are a bit more long term or serious than has been thought. Can understand RN's thinking about an out and out goal scorer, but that leaves him a bit of a dilemma. Does he go big in preparation for next season, depending who is available, or a short term loan. Same applies to Ginnelly, both he and RN were talking about a permanent move. If that's the case, that would be 4 wingers signed by RN plus Moore and Henderson. Another striker coming must out Walker and Naismith down the pecking order also, with the 9 jersey available and Boyce proving more than capable of doing the job both Walker and Naismith can't.

People keep talking about Henderson being a winger despite the fact that he has played up front, in the middle, through most age groups. Even more bizarre than some of Robbie’s signings. 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Huge difference between deserving something and expecting something. That’s the point I was making. We should be in the expecting more camp not  the deserving more camp. 

Halliday was in case Harring could not play again in my opinion, although Halliday is no where near as good.

Do get that we always seem to need another window but surely we give Robbie what he needs and get behind him.

Not excusing the way we have been playing but I said at the start we would not walk this league like last time.

Our squad is overhyped, Naismith is never a midfielder. He should stay up top or not in the team, he will only be useful there when we are playing a team that will dominate possession so he can give a bit of dig

Exactly, it’s called having two players for all positions that you know can do the job. Not only does it cover you for injury/suspension and loss of form but it also generates the right level of competition for places 

Seems sound management to me 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Not do irony then?

Sarcasm or irony doesn’t come across if you don’t use emojis 🙈

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Exactly.  We can't overlook that.  It doesn't bear thinking about if Morton gets added to that list.

Yep. 

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No we haven’t.  Almost £3m of that was to buy Budges shares - objective met. Another £3m went to help building the stand - objective met. Not one penny of that £6m would reflect, yet, in what has happened on the pitch. So that leaves £5m over 6/7 years, circa £7-800k per annum to help with real running costs. Yes we should have expected a bit more for that sum of money but certainly can’t see how we ‘deserved’ a lot more. 

Pasquale for King

Halliday isn’t a defensive midfielder, he sees himself as an attacker, he can’t tackle for toffee he just kicks what’s in front of him. 
Im at a loss where best to play Naismith, and what formation to get the most out of what we have up top. Maybe right up front as he did with Scotland as Boyce seems incapable of staying up top and drops in all the time. Walker can only play as a 10, Wighton can only play up front. 
Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Better leave him mate wasting your time, if you check the Robbie Neilson thread, he tries to convince everyone that aidy white, is a far better player than Kevin McHattie, and that aidy white doesn't make mistakes, only for me to show that aidy white does make mistakes. 

Try telling the truth in your mission to make Stendel a saint. I never said White  never made mistakes I simply said he has had a better career and in my opinion is a better footballer than McHattie will ever be. McHattie was very poor and isn’t even close to getting into our best five left backs over the last 10 years. 

He's got Frear, Roberts, Ginnelly, Moore, Henderson, Walker, A. White and a probably a few young lads like Sean Ward in the Academy available to play in wide positions etc... 

This seems a problem of his own making. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Smith, Halkett, Ginelly, Frear, Robert’s, Soutar, Berra all carrying knocks/injuries at present. Add in Halliday not fully fit after 6 months out. 

He said 99% were carrying knocks, Smith always is. Frear is murder, Halliday has been in full training for ****ing months don’t patronise anyone by saying he’s been out fo 6 months, lazy Hun ******* should’ve been training. Forget about Souttar he’s done.