• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m always up for signing pacy wingers.... but ones that can cross a ball should also be a priority.

....then somone in the middle that can do something with that cross.

This isn't really news, can't remember a transfer window when we didn't need to sign new players. The Riccarton Revolving door never stops. 

Edited by Flaps_98
amedment

We shouldnt need any more players to get out of this league.If theres any money for players it should be kept for next season.Ive been in support of Robbie but he must get more out of this squad.

Roberts and Frear need gone first opportunity.

Popescu is an absolute bombscare. Can't help but feel there is a player in there somewhere but that ship is starting to sail. 

Halliday wasn't a bad signing, not played amazing but he's scored goals and just needs to warm up a bit.

Kingsley is a good signing, hopefully get a permanent contract from him, same with Ginnelly, he already said he'd love to stay with us.

Hopefully he gets a striker and a winger.

Need 2 central defenders popescu and berra are liabilities. A attacking central midfielder would be good. Were too defensive with Lee Halliday and Haring.

My heart sank when I saw this. We have an enormous squad still, especially considering virtually all our young players have been punted out on loan. Any competent manager should get the current squad promoted and on cup runs.

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

We shouldnt need any more players to get out of this league.If theres any money for players it should be kept for next season.Ive been in support of Robbie but he must get more out of this squad.

Disagree entirely .. this team has no pace without Ginelly , and we lack the tools to break teams down who sit in.. we remind me of the huns in 2014, and Dunfermline remind me a bit of us..not a gamble we can afford to take

Who really was the last winger we had with pace. I mean real blistering pace? One that could skip by his man easily, and cross.

In all honesty. My thinking takes me way back to Neil McCann. 

Sam Nicholson, may be another. This apart. I really struggle to think. 

Gimme an H...

He's recognising the right areas that need addressed. Reading between the lines he knows Frear isn't good enough (hopefully see's the same in Roberts).

Nice that's he's also recognised what we all knew before the season started - we need another striker.

5 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

He's recognising the right areas that need addressed. Reading between the lines he knows Frear isn't good enough (hopefully see's the same in Roberts).

Nice that's he's also recognised what we all knew before the season started - we need another striker.

Agree worrying though that he saw Frear and Roberts as the answers in the summer and didn't think we needed another striker. Can he be trusted to get the right guys this time? we'll soon see i guess.

Would not trust anyone at Hearts to run down to the shop with 10p and come back with a pack of Ringos. 

Before anyone starts, I know!

We’ll get another goal virgin and a huddy winger who slices his crosses out for goal kicks. John Murray will have two that fit that bill.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

same folk who said we needed a striker will be along telling us this is a great squad and we don’t need anything.

we have 5/6 good players who I’d be sad to see leave .. Gordon, smith, Kingsley, Ginelly, Haring.. 

that’s about it

1 minute ago, Boab Mugabe said:

We’ll get another goal virgin and a huddy winger who slices his crosses out for goal kicks. John Murray will have two that fit that bill.

Goal virgin

:gok:

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We definitely need a striker and someone with pace but don't trust anyone at the club to sign a half decent footballer. 

That's my worry too. 

Whoever we employ to identify potential targets needs to find another profession or go to spec savers . 

22 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Who really was the last winger we had with pace. I mean real blistering pace? One that could skip by his man easily, and cross.

Suso ?

25 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Well we didn’t all know - ask Tosh...😉

The attacking midfielder needs to be addressed too IMO

Regardless John Murray should not be involved in identifying targets

Once again, no mention what of we really need - a Creative Midfielder!! It is blindingly obvious, apart from the Hearts Management........

Edited by gowestjambo

15 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Robbie used to love a sliced cross....🙈

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We definitely need a striker and someone with pace but don't trust anyone at the club to sign a half decent footballer. 

I concur. I don't expect Neilson to make any decent signings in January.

I don't trust him at all, after the Frear signing.

We'll probably sign Glenn Middleton on loan, that's my prediction.

As for the striker, no idea. That Manny Duku might be worth a one year deal next season as a big forward.

We desperately need an attacking midfielder imo, and have done for a number of transfer windows, to help give us a different approach to all the attacking play going down the wings. Another striker is needed and at least one more centre back, but would accept a Webster style "loads of potential/one for the future" younger player. 

Would really like to see some of the deadwood shipped out, but that's obviously easier said than done. 

1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

Saved me typing thanks 👍

15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I concur. I don't expect Neilson to make any decent signings in January.

I don't trust him at all, after the Frear signing.

To make matters worse he was on trial first - what on earth did he see in him??

Neil Dongcaster

I think this is the first time in my life in which I didn’t want us to sign anyone during the transfer window.

We beat Hibs in the semi, now just use the shite we have to get us out of this league. Our squad probably cost 20x most teams in this league. 

I also have reservations as to whether we can sign anyone who would also be able to step up to achieve top 6 football next season should we get promoted.

Stop wasting ****ing money.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully we get a couple of lads on loan. Signing anyone permanently would be an enormous waste of money. 

That's the sensible approach with no longer term commitment.  We can review the postion in May when we see which division we will play in next season.

I notice we are also going to loan out some youngsters and make an earnest plea to the club on behalf of all/most Hearts supporters

Please do not send any youths to clubs who voted against us!

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think this is the first time in my life in which I didn’t want us to sign anyone during the transfer window.

We beat Hibs in the semi, now just use the shite we have to get us out of this league. Our squad probably cost 20x most teams in this league. 

I also have reservations as to whether we can sign anyone who would also be able to step up to achieve top 6 football next season should we get promoted.

Exactly 100%

It would just be another roll of the dice 

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Agree with this. The rangers spunked a whole heap of money on players unnecessarily in the lower leagues. We should save the money for when we need it next season.

I'd imagine every single other manager clubs in this league would look at our squad and would swap their players for ours.

I'd rather our manager and coaches get a tune out of the current players. 

7 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

To make matters worse he was on trial first - what on earth did he see in him??

We are by miles the biggest club frear has ever even dreamt of playing for. And it shows when he pulls on the jersey. He can't believe he is wearing it.

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

Andy Driver for 2-3 years. Imagine having someone now good enough to get a game for England u21s!

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

We need another winger with pace badly. I'd be looking into the loan market so if we get another dud we're not stuck with them.

Perhaps if we ship some out and if we agreed a fee upfront if they are half decent.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If we are signing players with Premiership quality then fine. But in terms of getting out of this league, Neilson does not need any more players and the budget should not be wasted on that. 

Fort Vallance

After signing three wingers at the start of the season I wouldn't trust him to sign another one that isn't either injury prone or shite.

" Carrying niggling injuries you would expect with players like that"  Players like what ? We're only half a dozen games in to the season. You signed them ! Get a rocket up their collective arses and get on with it. 

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully we get a couple of lads on loan. Signing anyone permanently would be an enormous waste of money. 

Man Utd may have a really promising player available?

30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Agree with this. The rangers spunked a whole heap of money on players unnecessarily in the lower leagues. We should save the money for when we need it next season.

I'd imagine every single other manager clubs in this league would look at our squad and would swap their players for ours.

I'd rather our manager and coaches get a tune out of the current players. 

Get swapping I say!