Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Franksluckypants

We won the match we needed to win. The squad we have should do us this curtailed championship season. As long as we don’t lose any of our important players...

Drastically need a decent 5 or 6 first team players, not just squad additions, for next, otherwise bottom six/ dicing with relegation again!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Man Utd may have a really promising player available?

They only send out players to leagues they think will either help them progress or to a club they think is at their level and will sign them.  Considering the 3 players we have signed on loan from Man Utd I would rather we take them to court than take any more absolute ****ing dross from them. 

It is rather embarrassing that RN is talking about signings with the squad available. 

He's got a bunch of reserves and academy lads too at his disposal. Use them. 

Pasquale for King

As much as we shouldn’t need anyone to get us promoted, and it will push the youngsters further down the pecking order, we might not get up with this team and management. 
Whether he or whoever is helping to choose players should be trusted with more money is a mute point as we need better players in every area. 
I would like us to be looking at guys good enough to help us next season too.
It’s likely to be a loan striker, as he usually does, and maybe a loan winger too.  

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It is rather embarrassing that RN is talking about signings with the squad available. 

He's got a bunch of reserves and academy lads too at his disposal. Use them. 

He gets more like his old boss every season. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Why do we need to loan out the young players? He says to get them ready for first team football for next season, surely the best way to get them ready is to play them in our team? Complete mismanagement and a waste of resources, we should have used this year to develop the kids as main parts of the team, with some experience around them. I'll be fuming if he punts Irving out to some diddy club to get booted for a few games and then not play again.

Even when we sign strikers with decent records - Sutton springs to mind - we seem to have a knack of finding their scoring switch and making sure it gets turned off.  This isn't just a Neilson issue.

But if he can find a Robbo, Hartley and McCann, that would be good.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He gets more like his old boss every season. 

Indeed. I'd loan a striker because we're a bit light upfront but he surely doesn't need more players than what he has to win this league. 

Gordon and Kingsley have been good signings, probably Ginelly too if he can get fit again.  The rest less so.  Quality (with speed of foot and/or thought) rather than quantity is what we need.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. I'd loan a striker because we're a bit light upfront but he surely doesn't need more players than what he has to win this league. 

Definitely, I did think he would play experienced players over youngsters to get us over the line. I’m not sure if he can even do that with this squad of around 26 players with only a couple of injuries. 

lost in space

It is NOT new players we need - but a coach will try to win by more than 1-0: and a coach who can motivate players.

Neilson has not learned from his mistakes.

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Roberts and Frear need gone first opportunity.

Popescu is an absolute bombscare. Can't help but feel there is a player in there somewhere but that ship is starting to sail. 

Halliday wasn't a bad signing, not played amazing but he's scored goals and just needs to warm up a bit.

Kingsley is a good signing, hopefully get a permanent contract from him, same with Ginnelly, he already said he'd love to stay with us.

Hopefully he gets a striker and a winger.

You being serious about Halliday? The guy is absolutely honking. He was that good at Rangers the celtic fans sang his name.

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It is NOT new players we need - but a coach will try to win by more than 1-0: and a coach who can motivate players.

Neilson has not learned from his mistakes.

She ain't sacking Robbie in january

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

We desperately need an attacking midfielder imo, and have done for a number of transfer windows, to help give us a different approach to all the attacking play going down the wings. Another striker is needed and at least one more centre back, but would accept a Webster style "loads of potential/one for the future" younger player. 

Would really like to see some of the deadwood shipped out, but that's obviously easier said than done. 

Our team lacks pace everywhere. To be fair I don't understand why we don't play Irving as a #10. He doesn't have the pace to play deeper but has touch and vision for a through ball as a #10 creative player. 

We need a pacey midfielder who is a proper box to box and can drive at players with the ball. Halliday isn't that as his first touch doesn't exist and haring/lee/naismith are too slow when played in the middle and don't travel with the ball. 

The Natural Order

As the Who once sang. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Sadly Budge has been fooled again.

Edited by The Natural Order

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As much as we shouldn’t need anyone to get us promoted, and it will push the youngsters further down the pecking order, we might not get up with this team and management. 
Whether he or whoever is helping to choose players should be trusted with more money is a mute point as we need better players in every area. 
I would like us to be looking at guys good enough to help us next season too.
It’s likely to be a loan striker, as he usually does, and maybe a loan winger too.  

might?

with this squad we absolutely SHOULD get promoted. I don't say that with any sense of false expectation or billy big baws attitude.

Gordon, Berra, Halkett, Haring, Smith, Kingsley, Naismith, Boyce - more than the bones of a Championship winning squad. I would hope they would hold their own and more in the league above.

We play greenock effing morton tomorrow......a pedestrian but professional competent performance should result in a modest 2-0 win at least with our squad. 

Allowayjambo1874
43 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Why do we need to loan out the young players? He says to get them ready for first team football for next season, surely the best way to get them ready is to play them in our team? Complete mismanagement and a waste of resources, we should have used this year to develop the kids as main parts of the team, with some experience around them. I'll be fuming if he punts Irving out to some diddy club to get booted for a few games and then not play again.

Irving is out of contract in the summer so if he loans him out he will be gone I reckon. Same as Moore & Henderson. Why these guys are not even in squads when Frear & Roberts are not performing baffles me. 

SuperstarSteve

If we sign any centre midfielders I think that’s the last we have seen of cochrane and Irving. With them being free to sign terms elsewhere in less than 4 weeks. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

I’ll be happy with a new

CB (unless Hamilton returns from loan) 

RB (If smith signs elsewhere) Winger (if we can get shot of frear or roberts. 

Also a striker but I’m happy with Wighton and Boyce. Not so confident they could do the against Celtic though but you never know. 

Looks like he’s addressing the same problems he was meant to have addressed at the begin of the season, except those signings were huddies.

I really don’t trust Neilson to buy better this time around. His view on football appears to be vastly different to the majority of Hearts fans based on his post Dunfermline and Alloa game comments alone.

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

might?

with this squad we absolutely SHOULD get promoted. I don't say that with any sense of false expectation or billy big baws attitude.

Gordon, Berra, Halkett, Haring, Smith, Kingsley, Naismith, Boyce - more than the bones of a Championship winning squad. I would hope they would hold their own and more in the league above.

We play greenock effing morton tomorrow......a pedestrian but professional competent performance should result in a modest 2-0 win at least with our squad. 

I’m sure you’ll get that.

3 hours ago, allystrachan said:

I’m always up for signing pacy wingers.... but ones that can cross a ball should also be a priority.

....then somone in the middle that can do something with that cross.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They only send out players to leagues they think will either help them progress or to a club they think is at their level and will sign them.  Considering the 3 players we have signed on loan from Man Utd I would rather we take them to court than take any more absolute ****ing dross from them. 

100%  I don’t think I will ever forgive them for the hologram 

keep away from that club for gods sake

12 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Irving is out of contract in the summer so if he loans him out he will be gone I reckon. Same as Moore & Henderson. Why these guys are not even in squads when Frear & Roberts are not performing baffles me. 

Playing Frear and Roberts and Walker over the likes of Moore and Irving is a shocker.

Its almost up there with not dropping the hologram last season.

15 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Our team lacks pace everywhere. To be fair I don't understand why we don't play Irving as a #10. He doesn't have the pace to play deeper but has touch and vision for a through ball as a #10 creative player. 

We need a pacey midfielder who is a proper box to box and can drive at players with the ball. Halliday isn't that as his first touch doesn't exist and haring/lee/naismith are too slow when played in the middle and don't travel with the ball. 

All our current central midfielders slow down the play too much when we are attacking. Not sure how Naismith has avoided a thread slating him on here? I know it's not the done thing on here to have a go at him, but I think we are a better team without him (currently), and I wouldn't be upset if we offloaded him to free up some wages. 

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

After signing three wingers at the start of the season I wouldn't trust him to sign another one that isn't either injury prone or shite.

" Carrying niggling injuries you would expect with players like that"  Players like what ? We're only half a dozen games in to the season. You signed them ! Get a rocket up their collective arses and get on with it. 

Levein managed to get to sign a shed load of players to cover up his mistakes, and survive for a lot longer than results deserved by blaming injuries. Neilson has learnt well.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

if we did this every game this season - I'll take it - priority is to get out of this god damned league come hell or high water.  It'd mean we wouldn't see the horror shows vs dunfermline and alloa - at worst we'd be losing to freak or out of this world goals by the opposition.

If he can’t get us out of this league with the squad he has then heaven help us. 
I don’t want any more money wasted on dross.  I’m sick of it.  Get the likes of Moore in and drop the chicken hearted dross like Roberts, Frear, Walker out the team. If we don’t come back up then I at least want us to of fought for it and not rolled over with these aforementioned pansies.

enough with the rubbish signings.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Looks like he’s addressing the same problems he was meant to have addressed at the begin of the season, except those signings were huddies.

I really don’t trust Neilson to buy better this time around. His view on football appears to be vastly different to the majority of Hearts fans based on his post Dunfermline and Alloa game comments alone.

Looks like he has realised that Roberts  and Frear aren’t good enough..

it happens at the lower end of the market.. which we are in.. every signing is a gamble

100% Moore and Henderson should be in front of those 2

Edited by kingantti1874

18 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Been saying this since our promotion. All our CM signings have been terrible,slow, pedestrian plodders. This should Neilson's first priority when making new signings.

kingantti1874
Just now, beerbandit said:

Been saying this since our promotion. All our CM signings have been terrible,slow, pedestrian plodders. This should Neilson's first priority when making new signings.

that’s our whole team.. old and slow.

Fairly obvious we need a striker and a winger but given the wingers signed in the summer it's a bit worrying who we'll end up with

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

might?

Absolutely, there’s just something not right at the club from top to bottom and it needs to change. 
Considering what we’ve done, continue to do and what we’ve had to suffer we deserve much better. 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t trust him to buy any better tbh 

Why bother commenting if it's always going to be negative?

33 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

As the Who once sang. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Sadly Budge has been fooled again.

I’m sure we can find a substitute. You better you bet we could 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I've heard Huddersfield have a promising Spanish goalkeeper on loan from Man U but he's struggling for game time.

That’s not funny, and he’s Swiss but has a Portuguese name and switched allegiance to them, bet they’re glad 🙈

30 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

...was thinking about Moore earlier. Why hasn't he had a start? You can't tell me he's worse than Frear & Roberts! I quite liked what I saw of him last season.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We should buy that guy murray from Dunfermline its the only way we're getting out this league

Spot on

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We should just draw names out of a hat. It would probably reap better rewards than our current signing policy.

I thought that’s what they did, remember that embarrassing tombola they did on the pitch a wee while back 🙈

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, there’s just something not right at the club from top to bottom and it needs to change. 
Considering what we’ve done, continue to do and what we’ve had to suffer we deserve much better. 

agree - something is not right. we've changed managers, players - even leagues(!) and for RN to say the players need a confidence boost when they're 1 point off top spot and in the cup final.....seems odd.

am slightly worried that RN doesn't seem to want to play the youngsters in place of the likes of naismith, boyce & walker - either as a punishment or for trying something different.  

lets hope we get a reaction from the players tomorrow, and Alloa turns out to be a blip.

Here's the first question for Ann Budge when Neilson comes with the wanted list....

Are ALL of these players on the list better than what we have and will improve the first 11... if the answer is no, rip the list up and tell him to start again. Repeat until the answer is yes.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What is annoying is you can hear the opposition bench a lot, Grant didn’t shut up last weekend and kicked every ball,  I never heard Neilson until late on in the game. No shouting to quicken up the speed of play or any direction. 

Always happy for us to be signing players and adding depth, but also concerned that the only players we can attract right now will become instant deadwood next season. Roberts has been utter pish, so I wouldn't mind bringing in someone to replace him, or (despite him not being the quickest) giving Moore a chance in his place. If he does well then we might not need to bring in another... 

Striker wise, I think we definitely need to bring someone in as we're quite thin in that area just now with only Boyce and Wighton really to choose from. Henderson is there too, but he's not much of a goal scoring number 9 type, which is what we need. Greg Stewart on loan for the rest of the season could be a shout. I know his goal scoring record hasn't been the best recently but surely he could score a few in the Championship (although we said the same about Boyce and he's not really set the heather alight yet has he)? Not really seeing anyone useful in the usual free agent list on Transfermrkt, but he'll want to get some game time in now to ensure he can find a club next season when his contract finishes. 

Also thinking that Man Utd owe us for Perreira quite frankly 😂 - maybe they have someone we could borrow for the rest of the season...? 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Need 2 central defenders popescu and berra are liabilities. A attacking central midfielder would be good. Were too defensive with Lee Halliday and Haring.

I'd agree with the second part certainly.

Not dynamic enough in CM. Haven't been for years. Ryan Edwards the closest we've had and we never played him!!