January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

One’s a 23yo striker/winger. The other is a 19yo central midfielder. 

🤔

Again ignoring an earlier comment. 

Smith is an AM/C/L/CF

Zanatta is an AM/L/R/C/CF

Zanatta can play anywhere Smith can. That's my reason for comparing them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Again ignoring an earlier comment. 

Smith is an AM/C/L/CF

Zanatta is an AM/L/R/C/CF

Zanatta can play anywhere Smith can.

Smith made his debut against Kilmarnock, replacing Cochrane in centre midfield. His first start was in central midfield. He played in centre midfield against Hibs.

No idea why you’re flogging this dead horse. Zanatta is a forward, Smith is a midfielder. Could count on no hands the amount of times Zanatta played in centre mid.

By your logic why did we bother to sign McEneff and Kastaneer as they both play the same position? 🤪

Edited by Alex Kintner

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Smith made his debut against Kilmarnock, replacing Cochrane in centre midfield. His first start was in central midfield. He played in centre midfield against Hibs.

No idea why you’re flogging this dead horse. Zanatta is a forward, Smith is a midfielder.

By your logic why did we bother to sign McEneff and Kastaneer as they both play the same position? 🤪

Smith is an attacking mid... He may have been played at centre mid but that's not his natural position. He's a number 10. Any time I saw him play for the reserves (probably 10-12 games total) he was either behind Euan Henderson as a number 10, or on the left of a front three. 

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Smith is an attacking mid... He may have been played at centre mid but that's not his natural position. He's a number 10. Any time I saw him play for the reserves (probably 10-12 games total) he was either behind Euan Henderson as a number 10, or on the left of a front three. 

You said “Zanatta can play anywhere Smith can.”

Smith has played all his first team games in centre mid...can Zanatta play there? 

Saw Barry Anderson tweeting that Bristol Rovers have sacked another manager. 

wonder if Nicholson might be keen to come home in the summer? - would anyone be keen to see him back? 

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

wonder if Nicholson might be keen to come home in the summer? - would anyone be keen to see him back? 

No he had his chance last summer and opted to join those er big guns Bristol Rovers

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Nope. 

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, bring him home. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Campbell on target again. Smashing players, he really is. 

Polworth only on the bench. Unused. 

Checked the Motherwell equivalent of JKB today & on the Celtic match thread some were asking when Campbell was ever going to " turn up in big games". Then he scored.

Make of that what you wi!!.

52 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Checked the Motherwell equivalent of JKB today & on the Celtic match thread some were asking when Campbell was ever going to " turn up in big games". Then he scored.

Make of that what you wi!!.

I think he's a good player, I do also think for a player that there is a lot of hype around I struggle to think of anytime I've watched him and thought wow. 

I think Motherwells season has shown alot of their team up for what they are, decent Prem league players, nothing more, nothing less.  Would I like to sign Campbell yes, would I break the bank for him- no.

Leveins Battalion

Campbell is decent and young,however some going on like us signing him is beyond the realms of plausibility are either Hobos or Hearts fans who don’t understand how big a draw we are 🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who cares about Zannata 🤣🤣

Exactly. Some of the examples to prove points are bullshit. Ruined the debate, which is now centered round a player who can't get a start for Ayr ☹️

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Be good if a jkb'er who has actually seen him play recently could comment. Bound to be someone who's seen a game he's been in. 

Theoretically, Sam and GMS alongside Gnando and Boyce is a great front four. 

Would  put a lot of pressure on central midfield and defence, but be great to see when we could get away with it. If not, the two of them competing for a place would be a good thing if we could afford it. 

like so many of these explayer debates, will probably never happen, but I’d be happy. 

14 minutes ago, CMc said:

Theoretically, Sam and GMS alongside Gnando and Boyce is a great front four. 

Would  put a lot of pressure on central midfield and defence, but be great to see when we could get away with it. If not, the two of them competing for a place would be a good thing if we could afford it. 

like so many of these explayer debates, will probably never happen, but I’d be happy. 

We're never going to play 4-2-4 :lol:. It is even doubtful that 4-4-2 will ever happen but yeah, sounds good in theory. 

Edited by Cruyff

52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're never going to play 4-2-4 :lol:. It is even doubtful that 4-4-2 will ever happen but yeah, sounds good in theory. 

Even a 433

Gordon

Smith Souttar Findlay Kingsley

Irving Haring/Halliday

McEneff

Nicholson Gnando GMS

Assuming we get the Findlay deal done, that would IMO leave CDM as our weakest position, although Haring may come back stronger in the summer (fingers crossed). 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Even a 433

Gordon

Irving Haring/Halliday

McEneff

Nicholson Gnando GMS

Assuming we get the Findlay deal done, that would IMO leave CDM as our weakest position, although Haring may come back stronger in the summer (fingers crossed). 

4-3-3 I think is the way to go but I'd have Boyce over Nandos everyday of the week and even on Sundays. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Even a 433

Gordon

Irving Haring/Halliday

McEneff

Nicholson Gnando GMS

Even without any additions I think 4-3-3 is the way we should go. Cruyff (presumably based on form) had this-

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday

Irving

McEneff

Kasteveer

Boyce 

Walker

I think that plays more to our strengths (and weaknesses).

13 hours ago, OTT said:

Wonder if they would take Roberts in a swap deal for him?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Chuck in Damour as well. He done quite well down south.

I'd swap Damour for a tray of their pies. Though I would feel a wee bit guilty.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Chuck in Damour as well. He done quite well down south.

True - I would reckon that by the summer he’ll be fed up clicking his heels here and be wanting a move. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Campbell is decent and young,however some going on like us signing him is beyond the realms of plausibility are either Hobos or Hearts fans who don’t understand how big a draw we are 🤣🤣

It's not happening just accept it.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Its like low key really wanting something expensive for Christmas, mention it enough times and hopefully someone takes note :D 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its like low key really wanting something expensive for Christmas, mention it enough times and hopefully someone takes note :D 

Worked with the ZX Spectrum 😀

Leveins Battalion
33 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ffs get over yourself.

Whether we sign Alan Campbell or not I really dont care,but to think that a player would not leave Motherwell to sign for Hearts is actually amusing🤣🤣

But who are we anyway,imagine if guys like Fyssas and Jankauskas or Sauzee and Latapy had thought like you.Would of made all our lifes a tad duller in Edinburgh 😎

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Even without any additions I think 4-3-3 is the way we should go. Cruyff (presumably based on form) had this-

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday

Irving

McEneff

Kasteveer

Boyce 

Walker

I think that plays more to our strengths (and weaknesses).

Yeah, i think 4-3-3 allows us to dominate the midfield and allow us to have runners from deeper positions. Right now, Halliday and Walker have shown good form. Kastaneer or whatever he's called looks sharp and powerful. As does McEneff. 

Obviously if GMS gets his finger out, he would probably start ahead of Walker. 

As OTT stated, we probably lack a DM but that depends on whether we are playing with a playmaker in the middle and if the two players at RCM & LCM can provide both defensive cover to the full backs and an attacking threat.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Worked with the ZX Spectrum 😀

Never ever worked for my chopper,😫

Ffs get over yourself.

Whether we sign Alan Campbell or not I really dont care,but to think that a player would not leave Motherwell to sign for Hearts is actually amusing🤣🤣

But who are we anyway,imagine if guys like Fyssas and Jankauskas or Sauzee and Latapy had thought like you.Would of made all our lifes a tad duller in Edinburgh 😎

Your getting boring now, he has better options than us it's that simple, why would you play up here for Hearts in a league you cannot win for X amount of money when he will probably go to a decent championship side for Y money.

Ffs get over yourself.

Don’t think anyone has said a player wouldn’t leave Motherwell for Hearts. Can just imagine he’ll have better options with more money - like the Old Firm or down south.

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He would be a very good signing but I fear his stock has gathered pace quickly and will be going elsewhere.  

I’d love to be wrong. Him and Findlay would be a couple of strong signings to start back in the SPL.

I thought this might be the best place to post this rather than start a new thread.

I was having a look through our first team squad and saw that we currently have  29 players.

We know that the following are definitely going.

Lee

Moore

Wighton

Others that are out of contract at the end of the season I believe are

Zlamal

Berra

Frear

Irving

Others that may leave although not by their choice.

White

Popescu

Damour

Roberts

Henderson

It is unlikely but if we did shed those players above then that would bring our squad size down to just 17.

We also have  a few younger players currently out on loan but will they be retained and are they likely to feature in Robbie's squad next year.

Be interesting to know who people would like to keep and who they would wave goodbye to.

More importantly who would you think could replace those that go?

Irving I’d obviously keep, out  of all the others you mentioned I would probably keep Popescu and maybe White.  Whether it’s an easy task to get rid of the rest is another story.  

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ffs get over yourself.

It's nothing to do with not leaving Motherwell to sign for hearts. If we were the only team in for him, he'd sign rather than stay at Motherwell. However he could probably double the wages we are winning to pay down south, that's why folk are doubtful. And we'd have to pay for him. 

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Irving I’d obviously keep, out  of all the others you mentioned I would probably keep Popescu and maybe White.  Whether it’s an easy task to get rid of the rest is another story.  

agree with you as i have said before kingsley best games have been when he plays with white

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought this might be the best place to post this rather than start a new thread.

I was having a look through our first team squad and saw that we currently have  29 players.

We know that the following are definitely going.

Lee

Moore

Wighton

Others that are out of contract at the end of the season I believe are

Zlamal

Berra

Frear

Irving

Others that may leave although not by their choice.

White

Popescu

Damour

Roberts

Henderson

It is unlikely but if we did shed those players above then that would bring our squad size down to just 17.

We also have  a few younger players currently out on loan but will they be retained and are they likely to feature in Robbie's squad next year.

Be interesting to know who people would like to keep and who they would wave goodbye to.

More importantly who would you think could replace those that go?

Would see similar. I do think Brandon will go out on loan next season, with a long injury I think he wont release him early (unless a club signs him) but look for him to go out on loan. Think Popescu will be back up to Souttar, Findlay and Halkett unless we want a youngster to be 4th choice CB. Still think Irving will be off. Cochrane is also out of contract at the end of the season, though sure I read Robbie saying a few months ago is they are thinking of keeping him on past next year.

The thing is that we could easily be down to a first team squad (before new signings) of as low as 13 if all those go. But it may be what we need to rebuild the squad properly after years of poor recruitment.

Leveins Battalion

Us signing guys like Findlay and Campbell would be no different to Hibs signing Nisbet or Dundee Utd signing Shankland or Aberdeen signing Ferguson.

Sooner or later we will need to be in the market for these type of guys.This is where Savage comes in.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Us signing guys like Findlay and Campbell would be no different to Hibs signing Nisbet or Dundee Utd signing Shankland or Aberdeen signing Ferguson.

Sooner or later we will need to be in the market for these type of guys.This is where Savage comes in.

Totally different scenario in that Campbell has better options than those three had when signing for those clubs, your not tuned in.

Edited by Lfhearts

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Totally different scenario in that Campbell has better options than those three had when signing for those clubs, your not tuned in.

Shankland supposedly had bigger clubs after him than United.  If we rate Campbell highly enough to pay him the sort of money Naismith is supposedly on then I don’t see why he wouldn’t at least consider us. 

Leveins Battalion
19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Are you privy to the offers that Campbell has on the table?You his agent or a close family member,friend?

Are you Alan Campbell?

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Are you privy to the offers that Campbell has on the table?You his agent or a close family member,friend?

Are you Alan Campbell?

Are you Craig Leveins solitary soldier. 

How many times have you seen him play exactly.

Edited by Lfhearts

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Are you Craig Leveins solitary soldier. 

How many times have you seen him play exactly.

Ah so just as i thought,you have no clue as to who is after Campbell and apart from a random

hypothetical theory that you have conjured up based on nothing you have gone against what a 

couple of genuine ITK guys on here have stated re-Campbell.