January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Regarding Lafferty only being on a deal to the end of the season at Killie, I for one look forward to suggesting he could do a job in the summer :P 

Yep good call.!

Heard Zeefuk is on a diet so he might be another possibility??

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Ginnelly looks like burning money to me, which perversely is a positive we have money to burn. 

Can't be deemed anything other than a risk on minutes played to injured.

Tbf he said on Twitter that he's never had these injury problems in his career until now.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Regarding Lafferty only being on a deal to the end of the season at Killie, I for one look forward to suggesting he could do a job in the summer :P 

He could mate 👍

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Wighton didn't make much sense keeping. 

Had he played for us, what was his motivation with Dunfermline our closest challenge. 

Once he signed there,  this actually makes sense, I'm not 

Edited by Jamos86

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Christ I hope not

Judging him on his time with us, certainly wouldn't be a bad option, to have on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Judging him on his time with us, certainly wouldn't be a bad option, to have on the bench. 

Maybe not the best way to judge him given a few years will have gone by, his age and his failure to get his shit together since he left us. His form with Killie is maybe a better measure of where he’s at. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I was more inferring the incessant “could do a job” chat in transfer threads happening every window. I really wish we’ve seen the last of that. As for having Lafferty in as someone on the bench, no thanks. Maybe he’ll set Rugby Park alight, who knows, but I have my doubts. And I can’t imagine him being happy with a place on the bench, and we should aim for much better in the starting XI. So therefore an unhappy Lafferty is not one you want around.

38 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So I’m confused. I thought loans after the window only applied to teams below the top division loaning from the top division? As in, two championship teams can’t loan to one another. But evidently they can.

Maybe a ploy to get Dunfermline a points deduction :ninja:

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I’d argue no other player in our squad over the last few years is capable of the goals he scored against Celtic at Tynecastle. The volley of Uche’s lay-off was sublime. 
His issue was alway games against “smaller” teams.

Edited by Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
Bad spelling

4 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I’d argue no other player in our squad over the last few years is capable of the goals he scored against Celtic at Tynecastle. The volley of Uche’s lay-off was subime. 

For his goals alone I'd take him. 

Your spot on. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Signed according to @Bongo 1874

Think I'll wait for something a bit more official than from an effectively-anonymous poster on a message forum.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Has Finlay knocked us back? I’m hearing he fancies going down South 

Be a shame if he has but it's a market and would be fully entitled to get the best deal. 

Not going to break my heart if true, even though I think it is a good one to have 

51 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Think I'll wait for something a bit more official than from an effectively-anonymous poster on a message forum.  

That's my point. 

20 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Findlay move abroad being reported now, our one worry seems to have come true 

Jesus. Watches a couple of games on BBC Scotland and decides **** that. Don’t blame him to be honest...

28 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Findlay move abroad being reported now, our one worry seems to have come true 

He can wave goodbye to Scotland caps if he moves to the MLS. 

Ah well. So get me up to speed for what we need next season:

a RB for cover

2 CHs 

a CM

four wide players

a striker

And probably a new Head Coach. 

Nothing like a bit of stability/continuity. 

Stuart Findlay going to Philadelphia Union... 

Sorry, better write it in code to seem cool

SF. 👎 

Edited by Stendelnator

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Jesus. Watches a couple of games on BBC Scotland and decides **** that. Don’t blame him to be honest...

Neither 😂 as of last week we were in early talks but felt pretty confident in getting him but I’m guessing they will be offering him money we won’t even think about. Interesting to see his final decision 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 hours ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I’d argue no other player in our squad over the last few years is capable of the goals he scored against Celtic at Tynecastle. The volley of Uche’s lay-off was sublime. 

That issue was precisely why I couldn't stand him. He had such talent and he only showed it when he could be arsed, and had the right mental edge I. E. only against celtic. Absolutely infuriating player. Exactly the type of player we have around the squad at the moment and definitely not what we need. 

Strummerville

The fact fans are buzzing to sign findlay who is currently playing for a team toiling sums it up.

Can we please chuck John Murray and start to move forward?

SunSport understands the 25-year-old Kilmarnock central defender is being lined up for a move to America this month in a six-figure deal.

Findlay’s contract at Rugby Park expires at the end of the season — so Killie may opt to cash in on him now and let him leave for a fee.

He is being lined up by another club, who are offering money.

Obviously Killie will want him take this route.

It's down to the player and nobody else.

Poster "x" posts we have him, everybody takes it in and get's all Leeds Utd. The Scum the reports another possible route and everybody belives it and gives up. Learn to ****ing read, folks.

JBK saying "Scarf above the head" and only then.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

SunSport understands the 25-year-old Kilmarnock central defender is being lined up for a move to America this month in a six-figure deal.

Findlay’s contract at Rugby Park expires at the end of the season — so Killie may opt to cash in on him now and let him leave for a fee.

He is being lined up by another club, who are offering money.

Obviously Killie will want him take this route.

It's down to the player and nobody else.

Poster "x" posts we have him, everybody takes it in and get's all Leeds Utd. The Scum the reports another possible route and everybody belives it and gives up. Learn to ****ing read, folks.

JBK saying "Scarf above the head" and only then.

Remember which poster said we have him though, Tommy :lol:

44 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Remember which poster said we have him though, Tommy :lol:

I think the poster just shares (in good faith) what he is being told.

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Could be done with proper centre backs but midfield I think still has some real alarm bells going off

We have 3 cb's this season that I hope are long gone after this season.

Then I think of our midfield and shake my head.

Up front? omg.

What a ****ing state we are in.

Thing with Findlay is he would be potentially a good signing, but no guarantee he would be. As others have pointed out he’s not been in great shakes since Clarke left. Has a bit of the Darren Barr pre-contract feel about it. Looked promising and the right type of signing but overall wasn’t that great in the end. (Yes, yes, goal in the 5-1 etc which I’ll forever be grateful for, but aside from that his overall time at Hearts was underwhelming despite promising potential).

Never Let Them Forget
22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thing with Findlay is he would be potentially a good signing, but no guarantee he would be. As others have pointed out he’s not been in great shakes since Clarke left. Has a bit of the Darren Barr pre-contract feel about it. Looked promising and the right type of signing but overall wasn’t that great in the end. (Yes, yes, goal in the 5-1 etc which I’ll forever be grateful for, but aside from that his overall time at Hearts was underwhelming despite promising potential).

You could also add Craig Halkett, on paper it looked excellent buisness but it’s not working out so far.

1 hour ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

You could also add Craig Halkett, on paper it looked excellent buisness but it’s not working out so far.

True. Although I would file Halkett under the quietly optimistic pre-contract signings. He only had one (albeit great) first season in the top flight so was more hopeful than expecting. Still think he’s young enough to be good and hasn’t been as bad as some might think.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Holds the Kilmarnock defence together. Good signing if possible. 

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Holds the Kilmarnock defence together. Good signing if possible. 

I agree. My point is I felt much the same way about Barr (and to a lesser extent Halkett), the hope would be if he did sign he’d be a success. Although apparently looking more likely he’s US bound now.

On 12/02/2021 at 23:27, Cruyff said:

He can wave goodbye to Scotland caps if he moves to the MLS. 

But hello to lots of money and a superb lifestyle 💰💰💰

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

But hello to lots of money and a superb lifestyle 💰💰💰

He'll certainly get a bit more than we can offer. Not sure about the lifestyle part, I'd probably prefer to stay in Ayrshire than Philly tbh. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

True. Although I would file Halkett under the quietly optimistic pre-contract signings. He only had one (albeit great) first season in the top flight so was more hopeful than expecting. Still think he’s young enough to be good and hasn’t been as bad as some might think.

Findlay and Halkett are the same age. Findlay is also a better defender.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Findlay and Halkett are the same age. Findlay is also a better defender.

Halkett was mentioned by someone else. My original comparison was with Barr and how this ‘feels’ the same in terms of how it would be a good pre-contract signing but could go the same way Barr did. But seems a pointless discussion now anyway as he seems off the Philadelphia.