January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He'll certainly get a bit more than we can offer. Not sure about the lifestyle part, I'd probably prefer to stay in Ayrshire than Philly tbh. 

Philly is a great city 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He'll certainly get a bit more than we can offer. Not sure about the lifestyle part, I'd probably prefer to stay in Ayrshire than Philly tbh. 

It’s always Sunny there though.

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd love to live over there. Would probably live somewhere in New Jersey rather than in Philly - that way you're within commuting distance of Philly in one direction and only an hour from New York in the other. If you're on half a million dollars a year, you'd have a cracking quality of life. 

Edited by Batistuta87

35 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Stoke fans don't seem keen. Online poll has don't sign quite a bit ahead. Although, I may have accidentally voted don't sign on purpose🤔😉

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd love to live over there. Would probably live somewhere in New Jersey rather than in Philly - that way you're within commuting distance of Philly in one direction and only an hour from New York in the other. If you're on half a million dollars a year, you'd have a cracking quality of life. 

Each to their own. I personally would never want to live in America. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye it's one of those that either appeals or it doesn't haha. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Suppose very few people will really know Northern Irish football as well as Michael O'Neil so if he's interested in signing him then there must be something there. If he does come to Hearts then he could have a fantastic mentor in Michael Smith. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

:what:

58 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Suppose very few people will really know Northern Irish football as well as Michael O'Neil so if he's interested in signing him then there must be something there. If he does come to Hearts then he could have a fantastic mentor in Michael Smith. 

After Smith's recent performances he'll be a welcome addition to the squad.....!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Philadelphia is a great city, like NY, but smaller. Certainly, a lot more appealing than Ayrshire.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If you have money and health great place. 

If not.... 

11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Philadelphia is a great city, like NY, but smaller. Certainly, a lot more appealing than Ayrshire.

Similar sports fans though that boo everything- Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/76ers all seem to prefer booing to winning. A bit like some of our fans when you think about it 😃

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you have money and health great place. 

If not.... 

If I had a billion quid in the bank, I still wouldn't stay there. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If I had a billion quid in the bank, I still wouldn't stay there. 

Me neither, but I'd take it over Ayr! 😂😂

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me neither, but I'd take it over Ayr! 😂😂

I'd take most places over Ayr but none of them would be in America. 

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I've worked/lived in Vegas,LA and Norfolk Virginia, not to mention hundreds of detachments all-over the States,including 6 weeks in key west. My conclusion, the place is plastic,dangerous and soul less. Give me edinburgh everyday.

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I've worked/lived in Vegas,LA and Norfolk Virginia, not to mention hundreds of detachments all-over the States,including 6 weeks in key west. My conclusion, the place is plastic,dangerous and soul less. Give me edinburgh everyday.

You been to the Kingdom of Fife ? Possibly a little less dangerous.........

Maybe. 

World Cup Yes GIF by FIFA

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

And to be fair if you aint West Philadelphia born and raised........

28 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The parties in Vegas seem good though , least from the vid calls Sully gives me out her face at them.... Tho she says when shes straight/sober the people are in general arseholes....

1 hour ago, sadj said:

The parties in Vegas seem good though , least from the vid calls Sully gives me out her face at them.... Tho she says when shes straight/sober the people are in general arseholes....

She's right. They fly in by the plane load every weekend,can't drink for toffee,make complete tits of themselves then go home skint. Met a few high rollers,a completely different kind of sherman tank and strangely more fun.

15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

She's right. They fly in by the plane load every weekend,can't drink for toffee,make complete tits of themselves then go home skint. Met a few high rollers,a completely different kind of sherman tank and strangely more fun.

Hah brilliant

Could quite happily live in Chicago or San Francisco, or some of the Burbs surrounding them. A few towns in Colorado up near the Rocky Mountains I would have set up shop in as well. Texas would be an outside shot. 

Anyway, back on topic, would be a shame to miss out on Findlay but still think we will get him. 

jamboinglasgow

Found it interesting about Trai Hume, that his current manager says he can play equally as well at centre back and central midfield as right back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Could quite happily live in Chicago or San Francisco, or some of the Burbs surrounding them. A few towns in Colorado up near the Rocky Mountains I would have set up shop in as well. Texas would be an outside shot. 

Anyway, back on topic, would be a shame to miss out on Findlay but still think we will get him. 

Just watching the golf, at my time of life spending the 2nd half on the Monterrey Peninsula seems not so bad really 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watching the golf, at my time of life spending the 2nd half on the Monterrey Peninsula seems not so bad really 

Indeed. Just need your Golden Ticket to the MLS now!! 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd take most places over Ayr but none of them would be in America. 

I can categorically state that Ayr is the only town I've been to in my life [I've travelled a bit] where a very 'bonnie lassie' got her tits out and popped them through the open window of my car .

Would I live there ?

Would I ****

29 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I can categorically state that Ayr is the only town I've been to in my life [I've travelled a bit] where a very 'bonnie lassie' got her tits out and popped them through the open window of my car .

Would I live there ?

Would I ****

:lol:

22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, you just can't beat the bigotry....!😅

51 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Would I live there ?

Would I ****

🤣🤣🤣

Case closed.

8 hours ago, john thomas said:

Would I live there ?

Would I ****

Surely that's a reason FOR living there though.

lost in space
11 hours ago, john thomas said:

Would I live there ?

Would I ****

This post is no good without pictures. And I am not talking about pictures of Ayr!!

Also - was the girl inside your car at the time??

20 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Quite a few of the folks I work with at Comcast do exactly that

Weridly off topic-ish.  Anyone ever been to Dunure.  We're looking at a wee few nights away and found a cracking airbnb there.  Don't know the place and it's proximity to Ayr is a worry....!!!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Weridly off topic-ish.  Anyone ever been to Dunure.  We're looking at a wee few nights away and found a cracking airbnb there.  Don't know the place and it's proximity to Ayr is a worry....!!!

You could drive about Ayr with the car windows open :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Section Q said:

Aye, you just can't beat the bigotry....!😅

Findlay swapping bigotry for good ole fashioned racism. A place where they have a statue of Rocky instead of actual Heavyweight Champion of the world Joe Frazier. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Findlay swapping bigotry for good ole fashioned racism. A place where they have a statue of Rocky instead of actual Heavyweight Champion of the world Joe Frazier. 

And we've got a statue of Mel Gibson instead of William Wallace......😅

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 hours ago, Section Q said:

Yes, and have seen him play (on screen).

Has been really good this season but it would be hard to make a call if he could go full-time and step up.

Just now, Section Q said:

And we've got a statue of Mel Gibson instead of William Wallace......😅

We've got literally hundreds of Statues and monuments to William Wallace in Scotland and one truly awful Mel Gibson statue. Not sure that counts as the equivalent. :lol:

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

dunure is really nice and has a very decent pub when open 

3 minutes ago, biffy said:

dunure is really nice and has a very decent pub when open 

Aye noticed it closed in 2019, but can't see anything to say if its back open.  If it's closed, im no going!

58 minutes ago, lost in space said:

This post is no good without pictures. And I am not talking about pictures of Ayr!!

Also - was the girl inside your car at the time??

Apologies , no pictures .

No they were thrust into the car from the outside . The relationship didn't really go any where

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Aye noticed it closed in 2019, but can't see anything to say if its back open.  If it's closed, im no going!

think it was bought over round about then but not sure if it re-opened 

1 minute ago, biffy said:

think it was bought over round about then but not sure if it re-opened 

I'm guessing not mate. Can't find a website or that online. Cld be covod related but you'd think there'd be something. Hm. Decisions!!!

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

They have both actually 👍

6 hours ago, john thomas said:

Apologies , no pictures .

No they were thrust into the car from the outside . The relationship didn't really go any where

It went tits up?   :huh: