January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

no doubt he has talent, but you see it all to rarely even though he has definitely made a step up this season

.. I also don’t think we’ve done him many favours by playing him out of position constantly. 

It’s not a loss I’d be in any way worried about however wish the guy all the best, thank him for the semi final goal against hibs and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he does well for dunfermline

Yeah, I hope he does well there if only for his goal in the semi👍

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Didn’t expect to be on here as soon but last bit of info for a while, I believe the club hasn’t made a full decision on wether we sign a right back yet however have sounded out 2 potential signings one of them is an English right back (no name). Also believe we are close to a couple pre contract signings which I’ve been told if they go through we will be happy with but I wouldn’t expect to hear much on that until promotion is confirmed or close to 👍🏻 Hopefully a big end to the season starting Friday, stay safe folks 

Aw thanks mate.  Love this sort of stuff.  You've been great on here the last month!

Funny one the "tying up the league first" thing eh.  Like you'd think those players are waiting for us to do so, as they could easily sign with someone else.  Firstly, the league's bloody well done.  Secondly, pre-contracts aren't legally binding, especially if you have a "not on yer nelly if you make a tit of promotion" clause.  There'll be a reason.

I  guess also, some players maybe don't want that situ where they are openly joining another team at the end of the season - and perhaps a rival.

GUessy guess time:

The two pre-contracts are Findlay and, erm, Jackson Irvine (he's doing his warmup at the wee-team).

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Didn’t expect to be on here as soon but last bit of info for a while, I believe the club hasn’t made a full decision on wether we sign a right back yet however have sounded out 2 potential signings one of them is an English right back (no name). Also believe we are close to a couple pre contract signings which I’ve been told if they go through we will be happy with but I wouldn’t expect to hear much on that until promotion is confirmed or close to 👍🏻 Hopefully a big end to the season starting Friday, stay safe folks 

Cheers for the info bud, much appreciated 👍

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Dunfermline make another signing

Lithuanian international on a 2.5 year deal....centre back  

DAFC are delighted to announce the signing of Lithuanian internationalist, Vytas Gašpuitis.

Vytas is a 6ft 5” central defender, who can play on either the right or left side and is comfortable playing in a back three, if required.

All being well, Vytas will be a DAFC player for the next two and half years, but due to the extra restrictions imposed by Brexit in terms of the new immigration rules, coupled with the current challenges imposed by the Covid lockdown, there is still further paperwork to be completed to obtain a long term visa for Vytas. However, Vytas will be free to train and play with the squad.

Manager Stevie Crawford said:-

“We were scouring and leaving no stone uncovered. Vytas was brought to our attention by an agent but Andrius Skerla has played a big part in this when we started doing our homework. You cannot go out physically and watch a player just now. Vytas has broken into the Lithuanian international team recently, he is 26, he can play left centre back, right centre back and as third centre back if you are playing three.

“He is at a good age for a centre half to come to a club that gives him an opportunity to play in the UK. Once he got speaking to the chairman and myself he has been happy to commit himself for two and a half years.”

I see skerla played a part. I immediately thought of him.

A player I always admired. Classy defender for pars

39 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aw thanks mate.  Love this sort of stuff.  You've been great on here the last month!

Funny one the "tying up the league first" thing eh.  Like you'd think those players are waiting for us to do so, as they could easily sign with someone else.  Firstly, the league's bloody well done.  Secondly, pre-contracts aren't legally binding, especially if you have a "not on yer nelly if you make a tit of promotion" clause.  There'll be a reason.

I  guess also, some players maybe don't want that situ where they are openly joining another team at the end of the season - and perhaps a rival.

GUessy guess time:

The two pre-contracts are Findlay and, erm, Jackson Irvine (he's doing his warmup at the wee-team).

Think the biggest reason is the club don’t want existing players to know that signings have been made for their positions before promotion is confirmed. Just an example, if we signed a keeper it would hardly do a lot for Gordon’s morale and motivation for rest of season. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think the biggest reason is the club don’t want existing players to know that signings have been made for their positions before promotion is confirmed. Just an example, if we signed a keeper it would hardly do a lot for Gordon’s morale and motivation for rest of season. 

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The transfer market has gone wild if you believe this headline.....

Cameron Harper is set to leave Celtic for New York Red Bulls it has emerged after the US club agreed a small feel for the midfielder.

Maybe Red Bull gave the agent wings so he thought he was a superhero called “Captain Fondle” hence arranging it for a small feel

On 03/02/2021 at 12:55, Jamhammer said:

He was popular at Vancouver Whitecaps. I’m a member of one of their supporters fb pages as my daughter lives there.

I liked him. Had a bit of swagger about him

I also liked him, possibly for the same reason as you.  He was outstanding in the 4-0 win over Celtic, he was in no way intimidated by playing against the so called invincibles.

Levein seemed to have a bit of a problem with him because he didn't always follow orders.  That to me proves how intelligent a player he is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Top Banana 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wighton I think mainly lacking composure and true belief. 

When he gets that he will be banging them in for Livingston,  a home for players of his potential 

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wighton I think mainly lacking composure and true belief. 

When he gets that he will be banging them in for Livingston,  a home for players of his potential 

I can see him doing alright for Dunfermline. What he lacks is a nasty streak but he has good movement and a good attitude, good on him

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Who have we recently signed on a pre contract other than Halkett? I'm not sure it's something we've done much recently.

Did we not sign a raft of players on a pre contract end of 17/18? Uche, Lee, MacLean were all pre contracts I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Who have we recently signed on a pre contract other than Halkett? I'm not sure it's something we've done much recently.

Vanacek

4 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thanks for sharing your info. Hopefully these pre-contracts go thru then

9 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Did we not sign a raft of players on a pre contract end of 17/18? Uche, Lee, MacLean were all pre contracts I'm sure.

You're right 🤦‍♂️

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't mind Craig Wighton in the slightest. He went away during lockdown and worked on his physique big time, came back and gave it a good go. His goals against Hibs and lobbing the goalie at Arbroath have been important for us.

The fee paid for him is nothing to do with him. All the best, Craig 👍

This. 

On 03/02/2021 at 11:51, jambo mark said:

Not if we have a (couple of) pre-contract for a defender sorted for the summer, and Robbie is expecting Logan to be the back up RB to smith next year ....

Potentially Findlay given that the BBC journo mentioned his name.

Paul Slane mentioned on today's Open Goal that Findlay is supposedly on his way to Hearts.

1 hour ago, jim747 said:

Paul Slane mentioned on today's Open Goal that Findlay is supposedly on his way to Hearts.

Had a sift through but couldn't find it. I wasn't listening to all of it :laugh:

Interesting though 👍

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Vanacek

Correct.   The signing and sacking saga concerning him was a real embarrassment for Hearts - we may never know who was the biggest culprit.  CL ? John Murray ? Vanacek's agent ? Vanacek himself ?

8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Going back to this post, having a look at out of contract English right backs (as we don’t know nationality of second one being looked at) it’s pretty slim pickings. The only notable name is Danny Simpson who’s 34 now. A lot of players who played to a decent youth level but haven’t kicked on. If I had to say one that sounds like might be a short term contract until the end of the season being treated as a trial and being content as backup to Smith most of the time, I’d say Tafari Moore.

Edit: or for those who think we sign injury prone players, Josh Clarke signed a one month contract with Wigan in October but never played due to a hamstring injury.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, jim747 said:

went to look at the killie forum to see what they think about him but seems like you have to create an account to view it and I'm definitely not doing that :lol:

From what I've seen of Findlay he's a good defender, 25 years old, plenty premiership experience, 6ft 3, left sided and a threat from set pieces, one goal in one scotland cap is good going too, that's as much as i know

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Going back to this post, having a look at out of contract English right backs (as we don’t know nationality of second one being looked at) it’s pretty slim pickings. The only notable name is Danny Simpson who’s 34 now. A lot of players who played to a decent youth level but haven’t kicked on. If I had to say one that sounds like might be a short term contract until the end of the season being treated as a trial and being content as backup to Smith most of the time, I’d say Tafari Moore.

Conor Randall is english, could see him being the short term loan

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Conor Randall is english, could see him being the short term loan

Assumed from the post when saying signing, Jamboj1 meant signing out of contract players.

ScottishSandstorm
59 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Edit: or for those who think we sign injury prone players, Josh Clarke signed a one month contract with Wigan in October but never played due to a hamstring injury.

Shay Facey would be a solid short-term addition.

39 minutes ago, ScottishSandstorm said:

Shay Facey would be a solid short-term addition.

If it is him then let’s hope Facey is pacey and runs into spacey and we may see an acey help us in the title racey so we can again break out the sunshine band and KC...

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ideally we're going to want someone young enough to accept a role as backup to Smith initially, but who could eventually take over from him, so Moore fits the bill absolutely perfectly for me. He's only 23, he's rapid, he seems to have a decent pedigree having came through the Arsenal Academy and has done his time in the slightly more physical lower leagues down south. I think he'd be a great shout. Can't see wages being an issue in the slightest either, considering his last team was Plymouth Argyle and he'd have been on about £1-2k p/w maybe? If that? 

19 hours ago, TheBigO said:

GUessy guess time:

Is this a guess, a bit of devilry or some ITK info?

18 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Is this a guess, a bit of devilry or some ITK info?

2 of the 3!

I have zero useful contacts after a spell of ITK notoriety a few years back! Don't miss it. This place is Savage!

13 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Had a sift through but couldn't find it. I wasn't listening to all of it :laugh:

Interesting though 👍

Last minute and a half :D

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

2 of the 3!

I have zero useful contacts after a spell of ITK notoriety a few years back! Don't miss it. This place is Savage!

😂 no danger is it Jackson Irvine. If that was to happen I’d not stop laughing till the new season started. 

8 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Last minute and a half :D

Cheers mate.

These guys generally have their ear to the ground and wouldn’t say something of there wasn't anything in it.

Would be delighted with Findlay, boys a giraffe with decent technique and qualities 👍

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 no danger is it Jackson Irvine. If that was to happen I’d not stop laughing till the new season started. 

It'd be fun. Then sit him on the bench to watch Irving, Haring and McEneff tear it up!!!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It'd be fun. Then sit him on the bench to watch Irving, Haring and McEneff tear it up!!!

Hahaha. Be worth it just to ram it right up the lochenders. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Cheers mate.

These guys generally have their ear to the ground and wouldn’t say something of there wasn't anything in it.

Would be delighted with Findlay, boys a giraffe with decent technique and qualities 👍

Really pleased with this assuming it is true. Lad has excellent attributes, tall, strong, good in the air and seems to be able to play football to some extent. Should pair with Souttar/Halkett well. Very much a 'best of the rest' style signing, and I think he's still young enough to continue to develop. IIRC, the national side are very light on left sided centrehalfs so should be knocking on the door for another cap soon!

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ideally we're going to want someone young enough to accept a role as backup to Smith initially, but who could eventually take over from him, so Moore fits the bill absolutely perfectly for me. He's only 23, he's rapid, he seems to have a decent pedigree having came through the Arsenal Academy and has done his time in the slightly more physical lower leagues down south. I think he'd be a great shout. Can't see wages being an issue in the slightest either, considering his last team was Plymouth Argyle and he'd have been on about £1-2k p/w maybe? If that? 

Certainly a few of the players that get released by the likes of Arsenal that may be worth a look. Glen Kamara was a prime example. Not saying he’d go onto great things, but a short term contract offer wouldn’t be too bad an idea and see where it goes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Certainly a few of the players that get released by the likes of Arsenal that may be worth a look. Glen Kamara was a prime example. Not saying he’d go onto great things, but a short term contract offer wouldn’t be too bad an idea and see where it goes.

Seems to be a bit of a lottery that route, you get players who just didn't get a break and those who just don't deserve a break

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

NGL, I want to see us using youth more heavily. Simple question is whats wrong with Cammy Logan or Chris Hamilton (as he's apparently too wee for CB) ?

I'm extremely concerned we're going to go down a route of signing for the here and now and forgetting about that academy we've spent good money on. Signing journeymen is getting us nowhere, 7 figure transfers are attainable if we focus on developing youth and building our focus on that as a club. 

40 minutes ago, OTT said:

NGL, I want to see us using youth more heavily. Simple question is whats wrong with Cammy Logan or Chris Hamilton (as he's apparently too wee for CB) ?

I'm extremely concerned we're going to go down a route of signing for the here and now and forgetting about that academy we've spent good money on. Signing journeymen is getting us nowhere, 7 figure transfers are attainable if we focus on developing youth and building our focus on that as a club. 

Yeah, I'm absolutely all for young lads getting a chance, but only if they're good enough. The problem is that we don't have much of a youth academy left now because of Covid. Remember the Reserves and U19 leagues were canned so we released quite a lot of them. I think we have 18 players left across U19s and Reserves then a handful of them are out on loan, and I think some of them are still only 15. 

Logan needs toughening up and needs to build confidence - he looked like a nervous wee laddie in pre-season so he's out on loan getting some games against some fully grown men who are bigger and stronger than him. For me, he's better off doing that than sitting in the stands watching Michael Smith every week. He's absolutely nowhere near the level Hickey was when he was brought into the fold. 

With Hamilton, I reckon it'll be a while before we see him in the first team because he's going through a process of learning a new position. He IS too wee for CB (he's only 5'6"), so is also away on loan learning how to be a wee terrier or a centre mid from one of the best we've ever had at doing that (Paul Hartley). Again, he's better off doing that than sitting in the stands watching Andy Halliday. 

15 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If it is him then let’s hope Facey is pacey and runs into spacey and we may see an acey help us in the title racey so we can again break out the sunshine band and KC...

Nice one ☺️  .... in a sort of Partridge style with a touch of Scotsquad  voice-over too

Edited by Lone Striker

So what's the goss with Stuart Findlay at Killie then? Have we nabbed him on a pre-season deal or what? I notice he wasn't quoted midweek against celtic but I don't know if he's injured or not. What the general consensus?

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So what's the goss with Stuart Findlay at Killie then? Have we nabbed him on a pre-season deal or what? I notice he wasn't quoted midweek against celtic but I don't know if he's injured or not. What the general consensus?

He's injured at the moment I think, he would be a good signing although I think he wont be short of offers.

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Got injured signing on for us....could certainly believe that.

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He's injured at the moment I think, he would be a good signing although I think he wont be short of offers.

We had 2 summer windows when he was up for grabs and signed for Killie.

Levein is an arse.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

2 of the 3!

I have zero useful contacts after a spell of ITKnowtoriety a few years back! Don't miss it. This place is Savage!

f.t.f.y.   :icon14:

kingantti1874

Tell you what, after watching mceneff  if we can add a Findlay and another all action midfielder like Campbell we won’t be far away. 

If also take a gamble on Ginelly, he doesn’t have a history of injuries pre hearts and was the best out and out winger we’ve have for as long as I can remember.

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tell you what, after watching mceneff  if we can add a Findlay and another all action midfielder like Campbell we won’t be far away. 

If also take a gamble on Ginelly, he doesn’t have a history of injuries pre hearts and was the best out and out winger we’ve have for as long as I can remember.

We'd have some engine room with McEneff and Campbell wouldn't we. McEneff looks the real deal and I love how his first idea last night was to turn towards the goal and drive forward. We might have a gem there once he gets used to the pace of the game but I'm wary of getting carried away after seeing him play once! We'd have a very workable midfield with those two and Halliday doing the dirty work then Irving giving us another option. 

Findlay and Soapy (if he gets back) would be great at the back. Halkett would be excellent backup / rotation. 

Kastaneer is a short term fix so still need a couple of wingers on permanent deals. I'd also take the punt on Ginelly - 1yr deal with the option of another I'd say. Would love if we could sign McLennan. Mullin, Kiltie, Hulton, Seedorf other options...

... And ideally I would add a third striker who has a bit agility and flair; someone who can use skill and pace to take players on and score goals... I *think* Greg Stewart would fit the mould but I'm sure there's probably better and cheaper options out there. 

Edited by Batistuta87