January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Just now, The Treasurer said:

You sound like Sky Sports. They're obsessed with transfer windows 

I’m obsessed with transfer windows as well so makes sense. It’s usually fantastic right up until the new players have to play football. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The transfer window is shut so let’s look to the future. Who do we realistically fancy signing in the summer?

A few pre-contracts would be ideal, young,  hungry and wanting to play for Hearts.

43 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

if you pay to become a premium member i believe you can do it yourself 😀

Does that make me a PHM  ??

Edited by gorgieheart
Missed word

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Does that make me a PHM  ??

There’ll be a thread along soon where you can show your hearts credentials like john Holmes dropping his trousers. 

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’ll be a thread along soon where you can show your hearts credentials like john Holmes dropping his trousers. 

You maybe need to look at a different website if that's what your after , treacle   !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd love to get Campbell and Findlay. 

Another winger if Kastaneer is a stop gap.

Midfield,  need options. There should be a few departures again 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Agree that our midfield lacks quality in depth, can see movement at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Campbell and Findlay would make for a fantastic summer window. I’d settle for just those two right now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This "I don't want him because he turned us down and went to Hull for more money" chat is pathetic. 

Two offers on the table... Do you sign for Hearts (whom you had no connection to before going on loan) for £2.5k per week where you might pick up a wee £15-20k bonus for winning a trophy, or do you sign for Hull for £4.5k per week, with a six-figure bonus on offer if the team get promoted back into the PL.....??? 

Get a grip man. 

All respect to him for taking his chance and earning some money. It hasn't worked out, so if he's up for it, I would have him back in a heartbeat. Could not care less that he took a bigger offer because in his situation I would have done exactly the same. 

I suspect the Middle East or Turkey beckons for DM to join the likes of Rossi, Djoum and co. Wherever he can earn a few bob basically in a fairly unchallenging league. He seems to fit that profile. The guy has had multiple opportunities at decent clubs. Even if he comes to us there's everything to suggest he or his agents would have one eye on a lucrative transfer elsewhere.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I suspect the Middle East or Turkey beckons for DM to join the likes of Rossi, Djoum and co. Wherever he can earn a few bob basically in a fairly unchallenging league. He seems to fit that profile. The guy has had multiple opportunities at decent clubs. Even if he comes to us there's everything to suggest he or his agents would have one eye on a lucrative transfer elsewhere.

His and his partner want to be near family as they have just had a wee one so it will be somewhere not too far from france

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think Campbell and Findlay would make for a fantastic summer window. I’d settle for just those two right now. 

Suspect Campbell may head South but Findlay sounds promising 

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

That's certainly how we argued our case last summer, however it's difficult to foresee Hearts driving the case for reconstruction if we hadn't been directly impacted by it.

Ultimately the main factor that caused clubs to reject it last year, spreading the same pot of money amongst a greater number of teams, still applies. I think therefore the club has to vote for the position that makes more commercial sense, which is that of no reconstruction.

It's something that wasn't overly clear, but I'm sure that our demotion was quite openly the only reason recon was on the table.  I mind friends saying, 'ah but what's in it for other clubs', which I understand obviously, but when the whole point was to spare 3 clubs, plus help those in 2nd place, then it seemed a daft question.  Like, vote against it if you think that's best for your club's finances, but don't be shocked that there isn't a massive benefit for your club when that just wasn't the motiviation for the proposal.

Agree with the logic of your second point. If it was a fan vote, I'd vote for recon. But wouldn't put me up or down if we went against it.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Null and void will NOT be on the table this season. It's too late. We're already close to the 75% of games played that everyone made such a big deal out of last season. So if a resolution the same as last year's fails, then they'd go down the reconstruction route. So whether we vote for it or against it we'd still go up. I think we would back reconstruction again. They wouldn't just null and void. If there is even any suggestion that the voice is between ending the season like last time and null and voiding then of course we'd vote for the former.

I meant reconstruction. Ye no chance of null and void.

Transfers... sorry got nothing.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Was the same on the Doig thread , hes a Hearts fan so he would gave stayed at Hearts to get no opportunities. 

****ing lunacy....

I know lol its pathetic. 

"Thanks for the offer but I'm just gonnae stay at Hearts for half the money in case some guys on JKB start greeting about it" 😂😂

Unreal man. 

Edited by Batistuta87

LarrysRightFoot
47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree - Campbell would be a superb singing (on paper) with what we are being told about McEneff the two of them would give the team real energy and tenacity. Those attributes can take a team far - look at Livi, no earth shattering tactics just players running themselves into the ground. 

Findlay as well on paper would be good, good age, capped. 

Other players in Scotland that are worth a look IMO include 

McGrath

McCann

Gallagher

Shankland at the right price

Guthrie

Kiltie

Hendry - only saw him once in the flesh but seems to have good raw attributes, will see how he does at the Dons 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Def need some width too dude.

A lot hinges on Haring and Soapy. If they're firing, Findlay plus maybe a couple of wingers would be ace. Duno who! McCann and Colquhoun.

Campbell I'd love but we just brought in McEneff, so poss covered there.

Irving must stay!!

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know lol its pathetic. 

"Thanks for the offer but I'm just gonnae stay at Hearts for half the money in case some guys on JKB start greeting about it" 😂😂

Unreal man. 

Same folk who say they'd never sign for the Old Firm if they were footballers 😂

Edited by hmfc_liam06

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Same folk who say they'd never sign for the Old Firm if they were footballers 😂

Mentalists. I detest Celtic more than covid but I’d run around kissing their manly badge for 10k a week 😆

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Mentalists. I detest Celtic more than covid but I’d run around kissing their manly badge for 10k a week 😆

There are limits and that exceeds mine

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There are limits and that exceeds mine

Should have said manky 😆 don’t worry I’d cross my fingers and when I left I’d make it clear i detest them and was just rinsing them of cash 

The transfer market has gone wild if you believe this headline.....

Cameron Harper is set to leave Celtic for New York Red Bulls it has emerged after the US club agreed a small feel for the midfielder.

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

This "I don't want him because he turned us down and went to Hull for more money" chat is pathetic. 

Two offers on the table... Do you sign for Hearts (whom you had no connection to before going on loan) for £2.5k per week where you might pick up a wee £15-20k bonus for winning a trophy, or do you sign for Hull for £4.5k per week, with a six-figure bonus on offer if the team get promoted back into the PL.....??? 

Get a grip man. 

All respect to him for taking his chance and earning some money. It hasn't worked out, so if he's up for it, I would have him back in a heartbeat. Could not care less that he took a bigger offer because in his situation I would have done exactly the same. 

I could tell you what really happened, but it will just cause shit, he's been at his agent to get a move back to us 👍

I'm very close to him and a few others. 

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

But if it gets us a fee, what does it matter?. 

That's what we are as a club, Celtic and Rangers ain't any different, I reckon they will lose 2-3 players in the summer. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I could tell you what really happened, but it will just cause shit, he's been at his agent to get a move back to us 👍

I'm very close to him and a few others. 

Interesting 

jamboinglasgow
54 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Cameron Harper is set to leave Celtic for New York Red Bulls it has emerged after the US club agreed a small feel for the midfielder.

I dont think its that wild, cant imagine it will be that much. There has been talk before that he wants to go back to a US based club.

Also saw today that Celtic look like losing another youngster, 17 year old goalkeeper Vincent Angelini (who is grandson of Davie Hay) with Everton, Man U and Southampton after him in England and Lazio, Atlanta and Milan in Italy and reports being he prefers to move to Italy as his Dad is Italian.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Good move from him he will still be playing in a league above himself next season for the Pars. Just hope we don't see him playing for us from now to then. 

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

:oohmatron:

I don't mind Craig Wighton in the slightest. He went away during lockdown and worked on his physique big time, came back and gave it a good go. His goals against Hibs and lobbing the goalie at Arbroath have been important for us.

The fee paid for him is nothing to do with him. All the best, Craig 👍

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Probably as good a move as he could expect. If he hadn't had a few better performances at the beginning of this season he might have been looking at someone more like Ayr or Arbroath.

If we are still able to loan players out, it might be sensible to punt him to league 1 for the rest of the season if someone like Partick or Falkirk are interested. Clearly not going to make many matchday squads now. Better for the player to be getting game time and better for the club for him not to be cluttering up training.

9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Probably as good a move as he could expect. If he hadn't had a few better performances at the beginning of this season he might have been looking at someone more like Ayr or Arbroath.

If we are still able to loan players out, it might be sensible to punt him to league 1 for the rest of the season if someone like Partick or Falkirk are interested. Clearly not going to make many matchday squads now. Better for the player to be getting game time and better for the club for him not to be cluttering up training.

We may as well keep him with us as he is a useful guy to have in the bench.

I don't see the point in keeping him match fit for for Dunfermline's benefit.

10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont think its that wild, cant imagine it will be that much. There has been talk before that he wants to go back to a US based club.

Also saw today that Celtic look like losing another youngster, 17 year old goalkeeper Vincent Angelini (who is grandson of Davie Hay) with Everton, Man U and Southampton after him in England and Lazio, Atlanta and Milan in Italy and reports being he prefers to move to Italy as his Dad is Italian.

Look at the wording of the headline...

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't mind Craig Wighton in the slightest. He went away during lockdown and worked on his physique big time, came back and gave it a good go. His goals against Hibs and lobbing the goalie at Arbroath have been important for us.

This. The boy played 19 games in 2 seasons for us before this season and I can’t remember too many starts. Wasn’t great but improved by going on loan to Arbroath and has done well for us this season. Another example of folk on here over exaggerating his limitations.

I think the move away from us is best for both parties incidentally, not overly bothered by him going. That being said he still can do a job for us between now and the end of the season if called upon, as he has shown he’s more than capable so far this season in this league.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. The boy played 19 games in 2 seasons for us before this season and I can’t remember too many starts. Wasn’t great but improved by going on loan to Arbroath and has done well for us this season. Another example of folk on here over exaggerating his limitations.

I think the move away from us is best for both parties incidentally, not overly bothered by him going. That being said he still can do a job for us between now and the end of the season if called upon, as he has shown he’s more than capable so far this season in this league.

His third goal in the league cup game against Raith was outstanding. 

Not saying he's a great player but he's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

Noticed Donis Avdijaj just signed or AEL Limassol in Cyprus on a 2.5 year deal after leaving FC Emmen where he did next to nowt like he did here. Suspect he will have a nomadic career with teams taking a punt on him every time because he once played for Schalke. I had high hopes for him here as well! 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We may as well keep him with us as he is a useful guy to have in the bench.

I don't see the point in keeping him match fit for for Dunfermline's benefit.

Hasn't played in our last 4 games. Wasn't in the squad for our last 2 games. Against Dunfermline he wasn't able to make the squad even with Ginnelly injured and Roberts left out. Since then we've signed another two players. From our perspective its not about keeping him match fit. Its about not having someone at training who knows they aren't getting a game and are away at the end of the season. I'd rather leave the coaches with one less player to deal with at training or promote someone from the youth team to first team training to help them develop.

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Agree.

12 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Not saying he's a great player but he's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

Agree 👍

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

no doubt he has talent, but you see it all to rarely even though he has definitely made a step up this season

.. I also don’t think we’ve done him many favours by playing him out of position constantly. 

It’s not a loss I’d be in any way worried about however wish the guy all the best, thank him for the semi final goal against hibs and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he does well for dunfermline

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hibs? In all honesty I wouldn’t. I’d rather be a binman. (No offence to any binmen) and I’ve only supported Hearts since I was in me twenties.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yeah, he'd have been a handy player to keep around, but I think he needs to move on. He's never starting ahead of our current options and I think he needs to be the main man at a club to get that confidence he seems to lack. I think CW will end up playing top flight football eventually. His bulking up certainly gives Dunfermline a player they can actually use. 

Didn’t expect to be on here as soon but last bit of info for a while, I believe the club hasn’t made a full decision on wether we sign a right back yet however have sounded out 2 potential signings one of them is an English right back (no name). Also believe we are close to a couple pre contract signings which I’ve been told if they go through we will be happy with but I wouldn’t expect to hear much on that until promotion is confirmed or close to 👍🏻 Hopefully a big end to the season starting Friday, stay safe folks 

Dunfermline make another signing

Lithuanian international on a 2.5 year deal....centre back  

DAFC are delighted to announce the signing of Lithuanian internationalist, Vytas Gašpuitis.

Vytas is a 6ft 5” central defender, who can play on either the right or left side and is comfortable playing in a back three, if required.

All being well, Vytas will be a DAFC player for the next two and half years, but due to the extra restrictions imposed by Brexit in terms of the new immigration rules, coupled with the current challenges imposed by the Covid lockdown, there is still further paperwork to be completed to obtain a long term visa for Vytas. However, Vytas will be free to train and play with the squad.

Manager Stevie Crawford said:-

“We were scouring and leaving no stone uncovered. Vytas was brought to our attention by an agent but Andrius Skerla has played a big part in this when we started doing our homework. You cannot go out physically and watch a player just now. Vytas has broken into the Lithuanian international team recently, he is 26, he can play left centre back, right centre back and as third centre back if you are playing three.

“He is at a good age for a centre half to come to a club that gives him an opportunity to play in the UK. Once he got speaking to the chairman and myself he has been happy to commit himself for two and a half years.”

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Didn’t expect to be on here as soon but last bit of info for a while, I believe the club hasn’t made a full decision on wether we sign a right back yet however have sounded out 2 potential signings one of them is an English right back (no name). Also believe we are close to a couple pre contract signings which I’ve been told if they go through we will be happy with but I wouldn’t expect to hear much on that until promotion is confirmed or close to 👍🏻 Hopefully a big end to the season starting Friday, stay safe folks 

Always welcome the comments Jamboj1! Good to know activity hasn’t stopped, even if the activity is aimed at the summer.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Always welcome the comments Jamboj1! Good to know activity hasn’t stopped, even if the activity is aimed at the summer.

I'll Second that.