January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if the Irving contract is to do with our less basic higher bonus wage scheme. 

Yep. Knew it would cause problems for us.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

26 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Andy Irving has received one offer from the club which he rejected. There has been no second offer and no counter offer. That is it in a nutshell. 

So Robbie decided to do an interview and lie through his teeth about the contract negotiations? 

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if the Irving contract is to do with our less basic higher bonus wage scheme. 

But isn't that the norm? It's us who were the outlier under Budge initially paying higher basic with not so many bonuses. Then she changed things to be more like everyone else?

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is for the off I suspect. Demands are on the high side. Wonder who has tapped him up. 

If that turned out to be the case then I would understand. I would be gutted but if he knows he is getting more money elsewhere than we can offer than little you can do. If he goes I hope he goes abroad as I think he could do well.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're signing players to complement his style - both ahead of him up front and alongside him in midfield. He's got a pretty much zero-pressure arena in which to perfect his game for the next few months. He'd be mad to leave for money reasons. A Bologna-style move abroad though if one really is on the cards - fair play. I always admire young players who go down that route.

Where I am. A move abroad would signify a look at Personal development a la Hickey rather than cash, though that (cash) may be also so much more than Hearts can offer.

Edited by Riccarton3

21 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

If Hearts let Irving slip away for nothing it will be absolutely criminal. 

Best prospect we've had since CG. 

We would have a right to know what the decision making process was considering the £ we put in every month

Calm yourself.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

But isn't that the norm? It's us who were the outlier under Budge initially paying higher basic with not so many bonuses. Then she changed things to be more like everyone else?

I’ve no idea. Was just trying to find reasons why the deal offered was allegedly not a good deal. Low basic high bonus, as a policy, seems sensible to me. 

Edited by GinRummy

46 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Reduced terms according to Dazajambo. Club has messed re a development fee, too. Heard it here first. 

Club has until end June to make an offer comparable to current contract to trigger dev fee. 

47 minutes ago, basel04 said:

For the love of god of course he didn’t get an offer ‘less’ than he is on currently. Deary me.

Do you really think that would happen? 

16 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I love that anyone would believe we’d offer a contract on less money than his previous one, thereby immediately removing any possibility of compensation. Genuine idiocy if you buy that. 

This is why it's definitely horseshit. It doesn't even make sense from the "give him a token offer so we're entitled to compensation" angle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

This is peak JKB. 😄

People praising JS / JJ / RN for bringing some much needed sanity to our recruitment.

Someone posts gossip about Irving's contract negotiations:

"The people dealing with contracts at the club need to go!".

Its brilliant :)

Surely time to take the Irving chat to the Irving thread. I am interested In the rumours as would love him to extend his deal but this thread is busy enough without all this on the same thread.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Tend to agree. Lack of pace and 100% reliance on left foot will hold him back. Hope I’m wrong and he proves it with us over next few seasons but I have my doubts. 

Charlie Adams [and others] have done alright with these limitations

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly not to a 20 year old. 

They might do if they are offering him less money than he’s already on as it would be a 4 1/2 year deal on about £500 a week🤣

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Now here’s a thing, I’ve got contract negotiations coming up at my work soon. 
Who will I tell the details to? 

No *****. 

Don't need to tell. I've heard your work will offer you new contract on substantially less than you currently get, while simultaneously offering you the same as you get just now before taking offer away and wanting you to leave. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Club has until end June to make an offer comparable to current contract to trigger dev fee. 

I expect that had already been achieved. Without source. Or need for one

Edited by Riccarton3

I think Irving is a good young player (not great yet) and certainly worth a new and improved deal based on his contribution to the team as a first team player. However, he is nowhere near the complete player and has flaws. Therefore, if his demands are (for whatever reason) not commensurate with his age and/or current/potential contribution, then he will move on. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Moore on loan to Arbroath the rest of the season

Good luck Lewis, you served a chance this season, but never got it.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Good luck, deserves game time and wasn't getting it with us this season. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, kila said:

That is a fantastic move for him. Very best of luck to him

So our backup right back will more than likely be a loan after the window...centre back? 

O'Donnell won't risk playing second fiddle with the Euro's coming up...he'll probably extend at Motherwell.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Isn't this - if true - likely to be because of the change from higher basic and lower bonuses to lower basic and higher bonuses? In which case he'll have been offered a new deal reflecting the changed structure, which is understandable and very different from offering "reduced terms".

Annoying Moore hasn’t got a chance. Hopefully does well at Arbroath. They’ll be well organised and possibly rely on him for bit of magic.

Maybe will do him well and he can come in for Frear/Roberts next season 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, R1874 said:

Annoying Moore hasn’t got a chance. Hopefully does well at Arbroath. They’ll be well organised and possibly rely on him for bit of magic.

Maybe will do him well and he can come in for Frear/Roberts next season 

hopefully will help to take points of our opponents. Should loan Wighton to Arbroath as well

7 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

They might do if they are offering him less money than he’s already on as it would be a 4 1/2 year deal on about £500 a week🤣

You don’t really believe that’s the offer they have made him do you? 

9 minutes ago, kila said:

I think we’ll just have to make do with loaning him out until the end of his contract as clearly no full time club is going to sign him.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You don’t really believe that’s the offer they have made him do you? 

I was taking the piss hence the laughing emoji. There is zero chance we offered him less then went back and offered him the same as he’s on now. 

bigsuperslim1874
25 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

FWIW, I hope my source is incorrect in what they told me, I think Irving is the most technically gifted player I've seen in Scotland for years. Reminds me of a fitter, forward thinking Barry Ferguson.  I would be absolutely livid if we lose him for nothing, not knocking anyone who has posted different to me, as they may be more ITK than my source. I'm hoping we sign him up on a long term deal with a wage he deserves. Imagine frear, Robert's, halliday, Naismith picking up close to double your wage while you are significantly better  

Boils my piss that they are using valuable wages 😤

8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I think Irving is a good young player (not great yet) and certainly worth a new and improved deal based on his contribution to the team as a first team player. However, he is nowhere near the complete player and has flaws. Therefore, if his demands are (for whatever reason) not commensurate with his age and/or current/potential contribution, then he will move on. 

What's age got to do with it? football players don't operate on an incremental scale like civil servants. It's his talent and potential we're buying, and both are very high.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope Moore does well with Arbroath. Gave his all every time. 

Must have been disappointing for him not being in the picture under RN, he will do well at Arbroath I am sure.

Just now, ford donald said:

Must have been disappointing for him not being in the picture under RN, he will do well at Arbroath I am sure.

We'll soon have so many players loaned out that teams will struggle to field a side against us.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

I have to say I am disapointed he never got more gametime but his replacement if ready to go will be much higher quality.   He'd have even less chance of getting a game.   All the best to Moore from me.  

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )