January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Michael Smith got the absolute piss took out of him by Kai Kennedy however he will do.

Berra and Halkett have been bullied by a guy who was non league in England and then a guy who has played league 2.Then asking both of them to be ball playing CH is mental,Berra cant pass the ball 10 yards.

Michael Smith didn't look right on saturday Im wondering if he's suffering the after affects of covid.

At one point he lost the ball in the opposition half when raith had finished their attack he was still trying to get back.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It seems like that was the case. Quite disappointing we didn't recognise this and signed Halkett.

I get you but Livi were tight as a nut with him and DC - he was part of that.

It has been an unexpected fall from grace as I am fairly certain not one fan was disappointed - but it is true our defence has crumbled with him around.

But then, has it actually crumbled since the Berra injury he hasn’t recovered from?

And the other conundrum is that whilst not perfect- the Popescu:Hackett partnership is better statistically than the Berra: Halkett partnership.

2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Frightening really, unless we plan on moving Smith to CB 

Or Haring to CB

15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Michael Smith didn't look right on saturday Im wondering if he's suffering the after affects of covid.

At one point he lost the ball in the opposition half when raith had finished their attack he was still trying to get back.

I wouldn’t underestimate the possibility and impact of long covid - 1 in 10 get it and it seems to ignore age/underlying illness more

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did he aye? I seem to recall he was pish pretty much from about the 2nd league game in and has been consistently terrible ever since. 

Before his injury last season he was good, came back in the team when we were on our worst run since admin and was one of the better players in an admittedly terrible side, not something to hang your hat on but not a death sentence either. Needs a centre half next to him with a bit of pace. Still think he is good enough for next season.

All roads lead to Gorgie
30 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Popescu is a bomb scare his passing gives me the fear everytime he has the ball 

I live a mile from Tynecastle but I worry for my windows every time Popescu plays a pass 😉

Targeting a RB makes sense.  Smith can play CB but we don't have anyone else who can play RB.  Get a RB in and you are covering 2 positions.  

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Before his injury last season he was good, came back in the team when we were on our worst run since admin and was one of the better players in an admittedly terrible side, not something to hang your hat on but not a death sentence either. Needs a centre half next to him with a bit of pace. Still think he is good enough for next season.

He wasn't . He was shite before then. He was all over the shop v Ross County, Celtic, Hamilton and his performance v Motherwell at home in our 2-3 defeat was possibly the worst performance from a Hearts Centerhalf I've ever seen. He was diabolical. Even managed to fall on his arse at one point. That was before his injury. 

On his return v Rangers in our 0-5 defeat at Ibrox he was horrific, didn't know what he was doing. None of the goals he was at fault for in that game had anything to do with fitness and everything to do with positioning. 

He then proceeded to ship goals v Motherwell away where he was skinned at the byline v Hamilton away where we lost 1-2, his fault for certainly the first and out of position for the 2nd.

He then gave the ball away v Motherwell costing us another goal in the 1-1 draw and in the last game v St Mirren, he was caught napping. His tragic form has continued this season. The common denominator in us being horric. He's never been good.

He's looked like he's won a raffle everytime he pulls on a Hearts jersey. 

Berra has confirmed many times he's finished at the level Hearts should expect. I hope Smith's display was only a blip, but young fast wingers must be relishing it when they see our defensive line up. 

Leveins Battalion

Hopefully Adebayo is a sign of things to come,we have fallen badly into the trap of signing 30 plus year old hasbeens.

A_A wehatethehibs
59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Halliday is simply above Walker and Naismith in my order of players I don't want to play!

Naismith at least you can guarantee will be involved.  Walker at least there's the hope he'll pull something out the bag.  You can't say either about Halliday!  Really need to sign a midfielder with some drive.  The laddie Alli isn't getting a game for Spurs....!!!!

Aye but you’d be playing either one of them 2 at Center mid. I’m talking a proper 4-3-3, as in, there is no #10. There’s 3 Center mids. I think it would suit both Halliday and Irving a lot better, just shift the 2 of them 10-15 yards further forward. 

I’m just sick of these attempts to shoehorn Walker Boyce Naismith all in the same team. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye but you’d be playing either one of them 2 at Center mid. I’m talking a proper 4-3-3, as in, there is no #10. There’s 3 Center mids. I think it would suit both Halliday and Irving a lot better, just shift the 2 of them 10-15 yards further forward. 

I’m just sick of these attempts to shoehorn Walker Boyce Naismith all in the same team. 

Yeah I know what you mean.  My worry is there's still no natural "link" no one who will break the lines (sorry to use Sky Sports speak).  Irving, brilliant, love him, move for him, he'll find you.  I think his partner in a midfield 2 infront of a sitter, needs to be really dynamic or at least forward thinking.  Thats not Halliday.  (it's Haring for Salva, Irving for Fulton and XXXX for Cameron).  Walker or Naismith the closest we have, but it's like saying a dugshite is the closest I've got to some Lindor.

A_A wehatethehibs
17 minutes ago, ericb said:

This still the transfer thread aye?

Its funny it’s actually turned into a football discussion thread. Not been one for a long long time 😂

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Thats my - unfashionable - thoughts on Halkett.  He's the common denominator in 2 bad years of defending, but he's also never had a good, steady partner, nor a midfield worth a shit in front of him.

Play him with a fully fit Souttar (or a new signing), Smith and Kingsley, Haring fully fit along with Irving or a new signing in there too.  Then judge him.  I think he'd be just fine.

That said, the counter is he's been a part of the problem and what's he done to remedy it.  I get that.  Just my gut is that he'll be one of those who in a few years we think of fondly.  Pressley had a rough time when he first came to us - and in a much better team.

That’s where am at mate I would not want to lose him but competition from one or two new defenders might just be what he needs 

30 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I live a mile from Tynecastle but I worry for my windows every time Popescu plays a pass 😉

He creates more for our opposition than he does for us. I panic when he gets the ball 

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hopefully Adebayo is a sign of things to come,we have fallen badly into the trap of signing 30 plus year old hasbeens.

I think you are going to be disappointed by our other incoming signing!

1 minute ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Craig Levien?

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Bound to be a journeyman Dikamona type that is gash.

The short-term fix type signings are exactly what's wrong with the club. Every signing we make has no potential to take us forward and make us money, it's brutal.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Diamond would be an improvement to be honest

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yes, that wasn't the real Michael Smith we saw on Sat.

quockerwodgerjambo
10 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Spoil sport

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Zander 🤯

Sorry, autocorrect from Dikamona 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Sorry, autocorrect from Dikamona 

Haha, I knew what you meant.

MOTM in two of his last 4 games before leaving 

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Dikamona came to mind.  If we could get Clevid for 6 months, I'd snap that up!  He'd do just fine at our level at both CH and RB.  Duno if he's playing much just now at Killie.

Fills a needed gap in the squad, would slot straight in as knows the club, probably goes in the summer, but then I think he's only contracted until then anyway.  We loan move?

I've just done that "suggest an ex-player" JKB thing!  Yay!

Just now, Newton51 said:

Former Blackpool striker Armand Gnanduillet is joining Hearts.

Gnanduillet arrived in Edinburgh this morning and underwent a medical plus a Covid 19 test. He could make his debut against Raith Rovers at Stark’s Park tomorrow night.

The 6ft 4in former Le Havre and Blackpool forward is a free agent following a short spell with the Turkish club Altay. He is ready to commit his future to Hearts despite interest from several English teams.

Tynecastle officials moved quickly to agree terms with the 28-year-old in the last 24 hours after ending their chase for Adebayo. Walsall were reluctant to sell the Englishman this month despite him verbally agreeing a move to Hearts.

Gnanduillet fills the void up front as a potential partner for Liam Boyce. His height, physical presence and ability to attack crosses are all attributes coveted by the Hearts manager Robbie Neilson.

He scored 18 goals in 36 games for English League One side Blackpool last season and Hearts want him to reproduce that form in Scotland.

The player’s CV includes experience of French football, six different English clubs, a stint in South Africa with Baroka, plus four months in Turkey between August and December 2020.

He was born in Angers, France, to Ivorian parents and is a former Under-20 internationalist with Ivory Coast. He will now compete with Boyce and Craig Wighton for attacking places at Hearts.

Neilson hopes to sign two more players if possible before the transfer window closes. He wants to add a defender to his squad plus a midfield replacement for the departed Olly Lee.

Need to remember Halkett isn't actually a defender as such. He's a former striker, probably why he scored the goals that he has. When Souttar got injured a solid central defender, preferably right-sided should've been sourced.

Berra knows he's not got any pace and does what he can. I'm sure he'll know his time at Hearts is coming to an end. And let's not forget Stendel had already sussed the lack of pace out within days of arrival. It's not Berra's fault, he is what he is and he'll try his best. Unfortunately at the level needed,his days are numbered. 

Popescu for me was always going to be this season's Dikamona. Gets a game every so often but will likely leave after the season's over. I recently heard that Dunne is to be farmed out on loan for the last six months of his contract. Might be impossible but you don't ask, you don't get.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Awayyyy.

He's been my first choice since I seen him linked :laugh:

No idea if hes good or not.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The idea is to invest in a good Center half. Not Clevid ****ing Dikamona 😭

He is just as bad as Popescu.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

No idea if hes good or not.

did well at Blackpool before moving abroad. Does look like the type of striker we had identified 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Former Blackpool striker Armand Gnanduillet is joining Hearts.

Gnanduillet arrived in Edinburgh this morning and underwent a medical plus a Covid 19 test. He could make his debut against Raith Rovers at Stark’s Park tomorrow night.

The 6ft 4in former Le Havre and Blackpool forward is a free agent following a short spell with the Turkish club Altay. He is ready to commit his future to Hearts despite interest from several English teams.

Tynecastle officials moved quickly to agree terms with the 28-year-old in the last 24 hours after ending their chase for Adebayo. Walsall were reluctant to sell the Englishman this month despite him verbally agreeing a move to Hearts.

Gnanduillet fills the void up front as a potential partner for Liam Boyce. His height, physical presence and ability to attack crosses are all attributes coveted by the Hearts manager Robbie Neilson.

He scored 18 goals in 36 games for English League One side Blackpool last season and Hearts want him to reproduce that form in Scotland.

The player’s CV includes experience of French football, six different English clubs, a stint in South Africa with Baroka, plus four months in Turkey between August and December 2020.

He was born in Angers, France, to Ivorian parents and is a former Under-20 internationalist with Ivory Coast. He will now compete with Boyce and Craig Wighton for attacking places at Hearts.

Neilson hopes to sign two more players if possible before the transfer window closes. He wants to add a defender to his squad plus a midfield replacement for the departed Olly Lee.

Looked a far better prospect than the Walsall lad. Fast mobile good in the air, I'm chuffed if this is true

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

From the EEN

Hearts set to sign French striker Armand Gnanduillet with Elijah Adebayo move dead

But I thought we had the deal for Adebayo signed, sealed and delivered????

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )