• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks the part, but will we play him the right way? looks like he feeds off cross balls, although can also run at a defence and get shots off.

1611589322armandbanner.jpg

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/armand-is-new-no9

ARMAND IS NEW NO.9

25th January 2021

Robbie Neilson has bolstered his options in the final third with the addition of striker Armand Gnanduillet.

The Jambos beat off strong interest from the English Championship to sign the French-born Ivory Coast frontman on an 18-month deal, subject to international clearance.

28-year-old Armand has extensive experience of British football after spending the majority of the past eight-years playing in England, and was Blackpool’s top scorer for the last two seasons.

A towering 6ft 4” tall, Armand started his career with French side Le Havre before spending six-months at AS Poissy, also in France.

Capped at U20 level for Ivory Coast, he was also called up to their U23 side for the 2011 CAF African U23 Championships.

In January 2013 he made the move across the Channel to sign for Chesterfield. Following three years at The Spireites, including loan stints at Tranmere Rovers, Oxford United and Stevenage, Armand joined Leyton Orient for an undisclosed fee in January 2016.

Six months later the forward would sign for Blackpool, where he helped The Seasiders to League Two Play-Off final glory over Exeter City in 2017, scoring a crucial goal in the semi-final victory against Luton Town.

Armand’s return of 14 then 18 goals saw him become Blackpool’s top scorer in all competitions in seasons 2018/19 and 2019/20.

A four-month spell in Turkey with Altay came to an end in December 2020, and now the big striker has joined Robbie’s side as the men in maroon continue their quest for league success.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said; “It’s no secret we’ve been looking for a striker and I’m delighted to get Armand in because he ticks all of the boxes.

“He’s quick, strong and has a real presence about him and, of course, he can score goals.

"There was a lot of interest in him elsewhere from some big clubs so to get him signed up is a bit of coup."

“He’ll bring something different to the team and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Edited by kila

Have no clue what kind of player he is but recognise the name from soccer Saturday videoprinter. Seemed to score every week for Blackpool for last few years. Looks like a good fit. Can't stop here though, need a CB in. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

1611589322armandbanner.jpg

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/armand-is-new-no9

ARMAND IS NEW NO.9

25th January 2021

Robbie Neilson has bolstered his options in the final third with the addition of striker Armand Gnanduillet.

The Jambos beat off strong interest from the English Championship to sign the French-born Ivory Coast frontman on an 18-month deal, subject to international clearance.

28-year-old Armand has extensive experience of British football after spending the majority of the past eight-years playing in England, and was Blackpool’s top scorer for the last two seasons.

A towering 6ft 4” tall, Armand started his career with French side Le Havre before spending six-months at AS Poissy, also in France.

Capped at U20 level for Ivory Coast, he was also called up to their U23 side for the 2011 CAF African U23 Championships.

In January 2013 he made the move across the Channel to sign for Chesterfield. Following three years at The Spireites, including loan stints at Tranmere Rovers, Oxford United and Stevenage, Armand joined Leyton Orient for an undisclosed fee in January 2016.

Six months later the forward would sign for Blackpool, where he helped The Seasiders to League Two Play-Off final glory over Exeter City in 2017, scoring a crucial goal in the semi-final victory against Luton Town.

Armand’s return of 14 then 18 goals saw him become Blackpool’s top scorer in all competitions in seasons 2018/19 and 2019/20.

A four-month spell in Turkey with Altay came to an end in December 2020, and now the big striker has joined Robbie’s side as the men in maroon continue their quest for league success.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said; “It’s no secret we’ve been looking for a striker and I’m delighted to get Armand in because he ticks all of the boxes.

“He’s quick, strong and has a real presence about him and, of course, he can score goals.

"There was a lot of interest in him elsewhere from some big clubs so to get him signed up is a bit of coup."

“He’ll bring something different to the team and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

do do do do do Armand Nan-Doo-Lay

4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Looks the part, but will we play him the right way? looks like he feeds off cross balls, although can also run at a defence and get shots off.

That's him fecked then no crossed a decent ball into the box all season 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Armand Nan-Doo-Lay to the tune of Kyle Laff-er-tay

To the tune of Robin hood riding through the glen.

Nandoolay nandoolay jumping through the air

Nandoolay nandoolay with a touch of flare

Dunno the rest lol

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Armand is new number 9 ))
2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

That's him fecked then no crossed a decent ball into the box all season 

I know, just need to hope GMS and Ginnelly stay fit and get beyond the full backs.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies I had just been pissed off by other things on here and took it out on you, looking to sign a back up RB instead of a replacement CH being one of them. 

No worries mate, were right to correct me. 

Hopefully get the defence sorted out either way! 

2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Wow, welcome, the feel good is back....well at least till tomorrow.

Better make the most of it.

Vlad the impaler

Here’s hoping he gets the service he gets in that video,if he does he’ll score a barrow load. Now let’s get the other end sorted 

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

I know, just need to hope GMS and Ginnelly stay fit and get beyond the full backs.

Let's hope so starting tomorrow 

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd imagine the G to be silent. Nan-doo-lee-ey would be my guess.

Looking at the spelling, I'd say Nan-dwee-ay

4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

This is in no way a dig at savage. I'm happy to see what he offers over a few transfer windows.

But JS said himself in interview he has been working with Robbie since he accepted the job in December.

Roberts and to a lesser extent frear feel like very much savage influenced signings (lower league England etc)

So while he won't get everyone right I'm not sure we can pin those two on just Robbie. 

Blaming Savage for signings made before he was even at the club is a new JKB low.

6 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Reckon this is the guy we were after all along and the Walsall guy was just a smoke screen

Could be, as Championship clubs in England were interested. Elijah did verbally agree with us BUT Walsall fooling about certainly knocked that on the head. They want to keep him for a promotion push so a pre-contract might still be possible

4 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Dunno the rest lol

How about this to finish it of -

he’s seven foot-he plays the flute

nandoolay nandoolay nandoolay.  

Edited by GinRummy

Armand is new No.9 | Heart Of Midlothian Football Club (heartsfc.co.uk)

Edited by CJGJ

Not going to get too excited, very wary of players who never stay long at     Numerous clubs, this guy has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus, invariably there is usually a reason for that

6 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Dunno the rest lol

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just now, JTJ said:

Could be, as Championship clubs in England were interested. Elijah did verbally agree with us BUT Walsall fooling about certainly knocked that on the head. They want to keep him for a promotion push so a pre-contract might still be possible

That was my thinking. Maybe Adebayo has agreed to sign a pre-contract and join up in the summer but was happy to try and help out Walsall in a promotion push. Time will tell.

39 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So, this Gnandulliet fella....any idea what the deal is? Is it short term until summer? Has Adebayo actually agreed to join in the summer seeing as it's been reported he'd apparently agreed a deal with us and Gnandulliet is short-term until he arrives? 

18 months deal for our new number 9.

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

do do do do do Armand Nan-Doo-Lay

Should add that this was what the Blackpool fans sang.

3 minutes ago, BRY said:

Looking at the spelling, I'd say Nan-dwee-ay

Been watching some videos of him and commentators have been pronouncing it Non-du-lay.

Ex member of the SaS

Maybe now we can win corners and God forbid even score from one! As other have said get the defence sorted and thing can only improve.

To Robbie Williams Road to Mandalay...

Every striker we've ever signed,
Has been rehashed and then replayed,
Until we signed Gnanduillet.

Bom bom bom ba da dup bom bom
Bom badom

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

🎵 Do you know the way to Gnanduillet🎵

You’ve been thinking that one up for weeks haven’t you 😉🤣🤣

Welcome to him. Dare I say he looks decent in the in the videos and hits a good penalty.

Takes the pressure off Boyce.

Defender and central midfielder next please.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )