• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct, Halliday is better utilised further up the park. Neilson will persist with him further back.

Halliday is better utilised in a radio/podcast studio and should be nowhere near the first XI

kingantti1874

In all honesty I’m absolutely astonished that the priority isn’t a centre back or a right back allowing Smith to play in there. 

another striker would be nice.. but we have bigger problems 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

He strolled it yesterday 

No he never. 

Our strikers missed 3/4 clear cut chances and we scored 2. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In all honesty I’m absolutely astonished that the priority isn’t a centre back or a right back allowing Smith to play in there. 

Agree, I’ve said this a few times on kb the CB’s are our problem.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

And he was rotten!

He was terrible and he has never been on the park since. 

Got to wonder though about his fitness as he looked better when he first came back in. 

Really looking like he might never get back to the player he was, unfortunately. 

59 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

But but but English league 2 is better than Scottish premiership. Jesus wept that was appalling. 

English footballs miles overrated. 

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Halliday is better utilised in a radio/podcast studio and should be nowhere near the first XI

If played in correct position we could debate that.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

That's below Scottish Championship level. The Goalkeepers are shocking. 

It was very poor quality and it looks like we have signed another player that can’t run. It looked like it was slow motion!! 
He will get a shock at the pace of the game up here like many players have in the past. 
Good finished though and looks like he can be in right place at right time. 

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What position? He is an absolutely terrible midfielder. 
His best position is deputy left back if Kingsley can’t play. 

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

When was the last time he played further up the park though? At Rangers he was either left back or a defensive midfielder. He’s spent most of his playing career in those positions. If he’s better up the park what’s that based on? His 40 games at Middlesbrough?

2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

It was very poor quality and it looks like we have signed another player that can’t run. It looked like it was slow motion!! 
He will get a shock at the pace of the game up here like many players have in the past. 
Good finished though and looks like he can be in right place at right time. 

Have to say, I'm not convinced given how poor that league is but you've got to give the boy the benefit of the doubt. We've only seen him scoring goals, tap ins mostly, which is part and parcel of what any striker does at any level.

Given the set criteria Robbie has stated though, we haven't seen any highlights of his hold up play or general play etc.. Which is the thing that we're obviously looking for to add to our team. 

I wanted him in the summer as I thought he'd be ideal in one of the sitting positions. Having now seen how inept he is in central midfield, I would say he'd be better as a defensive wide man, away from home against a top 6 team.

Hopefully we can get rid at the end of the season, if not he can pick up splinters. It feels never ending saying 'get rid' but I've not taken to many, if any players these last few years.

The Apprentice
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree. Scoring goals isn’t an issue but we are shipping them at an alarming rate and haven’t looked like keeping a clean sheet for a while. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I understand the point but with better finishing yesterday we’d have won.

It looks as if we will be adding something different to our attack within the week. This is a positive 

1 minute ago, Humblerogue said:

Most of our players look like they are towing a caravan. We need two centre backs and a box to box midfielder, surely a must

Sibbick back playing for Barnsley. He would improve things. 

6 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

Most of our players look like they are towing a caravan. We need two centre backs and a box to box midfielder, surely a must

This 100%

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/elijah-adebayo-latest-hearts-pursuit-walsall-striker-robbie-neilson-gives-fresh-update-3110952

The Edinburgh club now hope to reach a deal with the English League Two side and complete his transfer before the January window closes.

Walsall already rejected an offer from Tynecastle Park last week and want to keep the 23-year-old, who has ten goals from 28 appearances this season.

However, Adebayo has verbally agreed a move to Hearts having been manager Robbie Neilson’s principal signing target for some time.

Edited by Boy Daniel

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I liked him but it was a shame we didn’t see a lot of him. This summer we have the opportunity to release the out of contract players and replace them, hopefully on a one in and two out basis. There are plenty players who have played top flight football that we should start precontract talks with. It looks like we keep making the same mistakes and filling the squad out with over the hill journeyman. We need to get back to supplementing a young squad with four or five standout experienced players.

15 minutes ago, One five said:

This 100%

Sibbicks performance against the rangers,   was good looked like he'd been there a long while,    and he just arrived that morning?   Yes I'd have him.....and Jimmy dunne......

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Exactly the sort of tireless energy we need. Surely it can’t be that tricky to find a dynamic midfielder.  

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly the sort of tireless energy we need. Surely it can’t be that tricky to find a dynamic midfielder.  

Can play in a few positions too. 

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Sibbicks performance against the rangers,   was good looked like he'd been there a long while,    and he just arrived that morning?   Yes I'd have him.....and Jimmy dunne......

I would be happy with that as well mate👍

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, they're ten a penny.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, they're ten a penny.

😀 now, now I didn’t say they were but there’s bound to be someone out there that could fit the bill. There’s someone for everyone as the saying goes. 

Hold on. With regards to the development fee...will this still be due as surely Walsall will have had to pay a similar fee to Fulham when he signed for them??

9 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hold on. With regards to the development fee...will this still be due as surely Walsall will have had to pay a similar fee to Fulham when he signed for them??

It does seem barmy to me.    Walsall got him for free after being released by Fulham.    We have to fork out money 🤣 

The thing with Adebayo is that the Walsall fans all like him and are saying he’s earned a big move 

Makes a change from “won’t be missed”, “we can do better” etc.

As always if he comes I’ll give him his first 5 minutes before I make me mind up 😀

On 23/01/2021 at 12:22, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

If we are going to be spending 100s of thousands I'd rather we used it to stay ahead of the game and bring in 

Stuart Findlay, Allan Campbell or a few of the other guys mentioned on running down contracts.

Proper improvements who are proven at this level. Personally would rather put money towards this than a guy who has scored ten goals in league two

(Sorry juho. Wouldn't let me unquote you)

Edited by Alan_R

Just now, lost in space said:

"verbal agreement"?? - WTF?

Not worth the paper etc.

Dont they have fax machines now?

He can't sign anything, he's a Walsall player. This is a signal from us and him that he wants to move, it's ready to go, that Walsall would be wise to play ball or risk pissing off their player and make keeping him pointless. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The thing with Adebayo is that the Walsall fans all like him and are saying he’s earned a big move 

As always if he comes I’ll give him his first 5 minutes before I make me mind up 😀

The usual Tynecastle welcome. 😄

Delirium Tremen

Halliday now showing why Celtic fans sing songs about him, let’s be honest.

Work with a Rangers fan and he thought we’d made a great signing. Said his work rate and application was brilliant.

Fairly evident he doesn’t have the same feeling for us as he did for the Huns.

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

If we are going to be spending 100s of thousands I'd rather we used it to stay ahead of the game and bring in 

Stuart Findlay, Allan Campbell or a few of the other guys mentioned on running down contracts.

Proper improvements who are proven at this level. Personally would rather put money towards this than a guy who has scored ten goals in league two

Fair. Although RN has said he would like a midfielder and I don’t believe for a second we will go into next season with our current centre back options. My point is there might be money to do things you want plus bring in Adebayo. 

Apparently the Walsall manager thought English rules applied - i.e. you couldn't approach him till the last month of the contract, while cross-border it is during the final 6 months. Robbie says he phoned him to explain the cross-border rules which the guy didn't know. I doubt Walsall have had many "international" signings!

At least the clubs are talking now, which hopefully will speed things up/

6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Thats all well and good but the players have got to want to come to Hearts , its not foorball manager 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Thats all well and good but the players have got to want to come to Hearts , its not foorball manager 

Aye of course. Obviously as fans we are not privy to who is willing to deal or not. But this type of signing shouldn't be beyond us. There are quite a few proven spfl players who are out of contract in summer. And in theory we should be able to offer them improved deals

lost in space
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He can't sign anything, he's a Walsall player. This is a signal from us and him that he wants to move, it's ready to go, that Walsall would be wise to play ball or risk pissing off their player and make keeping him pointless. 

I didnt know that. I thought he would be allowed to sign a "contract intent" for 1 july.

24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He can sign a pre-contract with another club from six months from end date of his contract. 

8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I didnt know that. I thought he would be allowed to sign a "contract intent" for 1 july.

I meant for now, both parties want it done now

24 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm sure we'll agree a deal...50k-100k.

But it won't be announced until after our next game incase we get beat.

Personally I want him in the team for Tuesday. 

33 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

5 minutes? Your generous  for KB regular 😂

A_A wehatethehibs
45 minutes ago, steve123 said:

funny reading other fans forum, they are not really anamoured with their manager either 🤣

Maybe all football fans just hate football 

I hope we are actively trying to get a quality CB in this window and a good midfielder or otherwise we are going to continue to ship goals to just about everyone in this league.

Yes would be great to get the lad Adebayo but the priority should be CB then midfield Imo.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )