January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I’m saying is that “Neilson’s first choice for some time” lacks credibility and there’s no doubt at all that this is being used to draw attention away from yesterday

Sounds like you’ve just fabricated a narrative which is the same thing you accuse the een of doing. You’ve just completely made something up. On what basis does it lack credibility? You have absolutely no clue if he was neilsons top target or not. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I think they need to share the money with fulham if it goes to the end of the season 

Fulham get most of it. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I’m saying is that “Neilson’s first choice for some time” lacks credibility and there’s no doubt at all that this is being used to draw attention away from yesterday

Drawing attention away from yesterday? 

Aye, that's right, folk have forgotten we got Beat yesterday...... 

WTF you on about? 

The only thing that lacks credibility is your post suggesting Robbies comments lack credibility. 

Neil Dongcaster
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Unless he’s shite, in which case there can be no doubt Neilson will be to blame 

Yawn. Neilson is a Scottish championship manager who bores fans wherever he goes. He was hounded out of Hearts first time round, found out at MK Dons and then Dundee Utd were completely indifferent when he left.

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

IMO this will really be his first signing influence.

I do not count GMS because when it was known he was available, we would have been after him even if Cathro, Levein, MacPhee or Stendel had been manager.

For once I think I agree with you Al. I’m away for a sleep.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

It's hard to get too excited about new additions knowing the culture and mindset they are coming into set from top downwards...it should be attack attack attack, go for the throats of the opponents, bodies bombing forward and playing with a pride and passion reflecting that of the loyal fans that keep this club going....

Instead it's talking a great game to the press and continally giving pitiful displays only worsened by the next. Imagine saying that about our team and staff so far down the line under this regime 👎

The stats would say the exact opposite from what you have posted. 

I don't know what you are watching. 

We are scoring plenty but conceding too much. 

We are also top. 

Even yesterday we scored 2 and still got beat. 

Too much fifa, sky or football manager for some. 

Absolute tripe. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Sounds like we've tapped him up 

But within the rules as he could talk to other teams from Jan 1st. In reality I'd guess we've been speaking to his agent for longer as that's how it goes these days

Berra than you
1 minute ago, droid said:

How? He's allowed to talk to any club he wants to. 

Just folk having a moan fir the sake of it now. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I can never make my mind up on whether you're a wind up merchant. So many bizarre posts over such a long time period.:lol:

31 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pleased with this and hope we get him in soon. 

Of more concern it's obvious to every man and his dog that we need to sign at least one centre half. 

The bigger the better too in my book. Someone physically intimidating and good at organising because what we currently have is a joy to opposing forwards.

Then get a second one in. 

Easier said than done, I know, but Joe Savage must surely be aware of some big brutes down south. 

Big, physical Hearts are nothing of the sort these days. It's time we became so again because when we are classed as such then we know opponents are worried.

So let's get it done.

Not only on yesterday's showing but I have always been impressed by Kyle Benedictus and think he should be playing at a higher level

Edited by lou

20 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I can never make my mind up on whether you're a wind up merchant. So many bizarre posts over such a long time period.:lol:

Either a tremendous wind up merchant or a genuine dunce level idiot who wears velcro shoes and isn’t allowed near a cooker

adambraejambo
21 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm sure we have and Walsall just cant be bothered saying that or the press up here who just love us dont want to say anything negative about us. 

8 minutes ago, lou said:

Not only on yesterday's showing but I have always been impressed by Kyle Benedictus and think he should be playing at a higher level

Straight swap with Halket and our defence would improve greatly.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pleased with this and hope we get him in soon. 

Of more concern it's obvious to every man and his dog that we need to sign at least one centre half. 

The bigger the better too in my book. Someone physically intimidating and good at organising because what we currently have is a joy to opposing forwards.

Then get a second one in. 

Easier said than done, I know, but Joe Savage must surely be aware of some big brutes down south. 

Big, physical Hearts are nothing of the sort these days. It's time we became so again because when we are classed as such then we know opponents are worried.

So let's get it done.

Totally agree. Berra and Halkett look worse in stature and likely to be bullied in every match. The also look slow like 90% of our team to be fair so a defender with size and pace would be most welcome.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I would start with Irving, Stone and Logan. From what I’ve seen they are the most likely to progress. Other who have seen our youngsters play more regularly than I have may have other opinions. For the academy  to start to work for us, it has to start producing.

You would think so, but it hasn't and possibly never will. 

Beginning to think that a clogger like Butcher is exactly what we need. Someone with legs that work and can tackle. We have a midfield of broken , half hearted losers.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

It's hard to get too excited about new additions knowing the culture and mindset they are coming into set from top downwards...it should be attack attack attack, go for the throats of the opponents, bodies bombing forward and playing with a pride and passion reflecting that of the loyal fans that keep this club going....

Instead it's talking a great game to the press and continually giving pitiful displays only worsened by the next. Imagine saying that about our team and staff so far down the line under this regime 👎

:spoton:

21 minutes ago, lou said:

Me too.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Its a very sneaky one, nothing in the press (as far as I have seen) have said Hearts have agreed terms with Walsall. Only that Hearts have agreed terms with Elijah. 

Either they are trying to get their fans behind them to create an us v them mentality by misleading things, or they have not read the articles properly and jumped the gun.

The Apprentice

Our defensive pairing needs improved but it’s not that bad that folk should be touting Kyle Benedictus! 

29 minutes ago, lou said:

Think he played ok in the LC game against us ?

3 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Our defensive pairing needs improved but it’s not that bad that folk should be touting Kyle Benedictus! 

Folk must be smoking crack on here. Anyone that has a good game v us should apparently be signed. Never Hearts class in a trillion years and not even as good as the shite we have at the moment. 🙄

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Folk must be smoking crack on here. Anyone that has a good game v us should apparently be signed. Never Hearts class in a trillion years and not even as good as the shite we have at the moment. 🙄

Maybe seen the guy half a dozen times but have been impressed every time 

11 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

:spoton:

Me too.

Yup, I remember noticing Benedictus when he was at Alloa a few years ago and being impressed.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a very sneaky one, nothing in the press (as far as I have seen) have said Hearts have agreed terms with Walsall. Only that Hearts have agreed terms with Elijah. 

Either they are trying to get their fans behind them to create an us v them mentality by misleading things, or they have not read the articles properly and jumped the gun.

Agreed, but even their own fans say the club is embarrassing. 🤣🤣🤣

F373A4B8-0D5B-4FC7-A060-AE4FA4FE3C96.png

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Beginning to think that a clogger like Butcher is exactly what we need. Someone with legs that work and can tackle. We have a midfield of broken , half hearted losers.

Funny, that’s what all those who were wanting Halliday in the summer said we would be getting.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Burnley are sending Jimmy Dunne out on loan according to Alan Nixon. I'd imagine he'll be off to the English Championship rather than the Scottish Championship though.

If that's the case then what are we waiting for. You don't ask you don't get.

Realistically what chance do we have of getting some of the better CBs who are available on pre contracts? Would be massive signal of intent from the club to get 1 or 2 tied up 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo

The songwriters have got their work cut out  if he does well for us.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Haha, I type before I think to be honest. I am glad you get entertainment from my posts 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
7 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

The songwriters have got their work cut out  if he does well for us.

Won't he need to sign for us first?  Or have I missed something?

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

The Walsall natives on their forums this morning are not a happy bunch with the folk running the club. Oops.

Happy to swap....

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Exactly. I think the topics feed into each other. If we could bring through a few more decent quality young players from the academy it would put less pressure on the club to have to sign 7+ new players every season. 

They feed in if you make them.  If we had a totally successful academy (and no one has) we wouldn't need to be discussing a transfer window.  We're at where at so why bring the academy up now?  That could apply any time if you're not happy with it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

I'll get pelters for this.. but i thinks Popescu is our best CB at the moment. I don't think it's a coincidence that from the day Halkett arrived we have had defensive issues. He is constantly beat for pace, constantly caught out of position and constantly makes poor decisions. Popescu makes just as many poor decisions, but at least he is dominant in the air and has the pace to catch players if he's caught out of position or beaten. 

You’re spot on actually, scary though that is. 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Funny, that’s what all those who were wanting Halliday in the summer said we would be getting.

Yeah, Halliday is a born winner, won't put up with half arsed performances etc etc.

Halliday is worst of the lot.

While it's great we're after a striker, it's clear that a centre half and a central midfielder should be a higher priority.

Are we planning on moving Naismith into a midfield role? I can't see how Boyce, Naismith and Adebayo would all fit into a starting line up.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

I fear it is the latter. If Walsall know they are getting money regardless they may just keep him until EoS and take a smaller amount. That is what I would do in their position.

They don’t get any money for him in the summer. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )